[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm really sad right now. I got an appointment for hormones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 3

I'm really sad right now. I got an appointment for hormones and even got the script but I can't find a pharmacy that gives them to me for less than 150 dollars. I feel like I'm gonna be pre-everything forever.
>>
I'm really sorry about that. Hopefully you'll be able to get hormones one day. You probably had to wait a while to get an appointment and the prescription. You just have to wait a little longer now.
>>
lol why r there so many butthurt trannies on here
>>
>>6730041
you are male
>>
>>6730115
Where else are they gonna go
>>
>>6730120
Duh
>>
>>6730041

How many pharmacies have you tried? Also, I'm guessing you're looking for testosterone since you posted an FtM picture. Try GoodRx or ask your pharmacy if they have a prescription drugs savings program (Walgreen's and Rite-Aid do). I actually had something similar happen to me. I went in to Rite-Aid to fill my estradiol prescription, but they told me it was $79.99 so I left. I told some anons later, and they told me about those savings programs. I also checked GoodRx and found Walmart would give it to me for $8. So try that.
>>
>>6730143
Holly shit that is a huge price drop.
>>
>>6730152
I looked at that GoodRx website and the lowest price at the top is about 45 dollars, which is a lot better than 150. Thank you so much.
>>
>>6730143
Replied to wrong post, sorry. But thank you!
>>
>>6730152

I know, right? When I checked with Rite-Aid, I thought all pharmacies had the same price. So I thought to myself "I'm going to have to stick with self-medding."

>>6730169
>>6730175

No problem, anon. Sorry the discount isn't super big.
>>
>>6730041
we can help out. what are the scripts?

unless you're buying vials, it should be quite cheap.
>>
>>6732711
I was buying vials of testosterone enanthate.
>>
>>6730041
Maybe, just maybe. You should get a fucking job and save up. Then, when you have money to do what you want. You can afford it. instead of being some spoilt over privilaged douche bag toaster,
whinning because you are depressed because you feel like the biology lottery fucked you.
Jesus fucking Christ man, be a decent human and join the natural working world to get what you want. Equal opportunity, means we all work for the shit we want.
>>
>>6734301
>testosterone enanthate
Europe? Don't you have free health care to pay for it?
>>
>>6734497
The uk has free health care, the rest of Europe...e.g. france, germany have insurence based health care like the murca
>>
>>6734497
Just an opinion, but I think health care has bigger things to deal with than changing somebody's sex.
>>
>>6734509
>not covering prescriptions because m-muh sex morals
If they cover it for people with related conditions (hypogonadism) then they can cover it for the less than 1% of the population trans people make up.
>>
>>6734532
Lol no they cover it for people that need it. You don't need it just because you want it.
>>
>>6734553
Why don't you look up the WHO and WPATH standards for treatment of gender dysphoria
>>
>>6734668
>WHO and WPATH standards for treatment of gender dysphoria, whats your point? Its still a want not a need. A child with cancer needs treatment, a man/female that wants a new gender isn't a necessity. Its a choice which you choose, thus you must use your own money to pay for it.
>>
>>6734717
>Its still a want not a need
an individual with gender dysphoria needs treatment, the same way an individual with cancer needs treatment
both are potentially fatal conditions if left untreated
>>
>>6734723
Gender Dysphoria is not a desease or mental illness. Its a person feeling down about wanting to be the opposite sex.
Now if you feel like you need the treatment then get a job and pay for it yourself.
But having tex payers, pay for you feeling down is bullshit
>>
REMINDER: defending Trans like SJWs in a board designs to contain micro posts /mtfg/ is ridiculous.

Trolls will show up. You can choose to post where you're supposed to post /mtfg/ or /Trans help general/ or continue shitting up >/lgbt/

Expect retaliation for your special snowflake bullshit. The worthless to society fat retard lesbians don't post this crap, neither do the fags. Only the degenerate Trans kids who refuse to lurk for 30 seconds and think all of 4chan is structured like /b/

We get like 40 posts a day of this "waaaahhhh" shit..
>>
>>6734723
comparing fucking stress, anxiety, and depression ( gender dysphoria ) with cancer, not even in the same league. Get down to a cancer wing and tell the people suffering that it isn't so bad because you are worse then them because you feel depressed you lost at the gender assignment lottery.
>>
>>6734739
>gender dysphoria is not a mental illness

Why is it listed in the DSM then? "Feeling down" is a common symptom of many conditions. Are you saying that the government shouldn't cover treatment for people with severe depression, or bipolar disorder?
>>
>>6734760
>>6734717

So every illness that isn't cancer doesn't deserve treatment?
>>
>>6734739
>Gender Dysphoria is not a desease or mental illness
except it is, it's classified as a mental illness (yes pol is right on this one)
>>6734760
untreated gender dysphoria can in many cases lead to death from suicide
how is that any better than dying of cancer?
>>
>>6734757
replying to and arguing with trolls give me (You)s
>>
>>6734779
>>6734781
>>6734768
So lets get this striaght, you need treatment for depression and only a sex change will do? none of the other methods of treating depression will cut it haha
>>
>>6734739
>Gender Dysphoria is not a mental illness.
If it drives people to suicide I'd say it qualifies
>>
You people are fucking retarded, choosing to end your life over depression is not the same as an adult/child getting cancer.
>>
>>6734816
depression is a symptom of gender dysphoria, not the cause and no it doesn't work, if it did, why would we take HRT?
>>
>>6734843
Look its clear you are special little snowflakes who think everythign should just be given to you.
My point to the original OP was if you want hormone pills and a sex op pay for it your self. Otherwise shut the fuck up and get on with life.
>>
>>6734832

I don't think anyone's saying it is. And cancer isn't exactly the only illness covered by healthcare.
>>
It sounds like the world needs more untreated gender dsyphoria so more snowflakes take their special little lifes....peace bitches going to enjoy my privileged white cis free health care and move to a bridge so I can laugh asyou all fall like lemmings crying at how hard you have it :D
>>
>>6734816
Are you retarded or is this just bait? Basic depression treatments are barely effective for treating gender dysphoria. Without gender transition it's mostly ineffective because the root cause of the depression is still there. There's also issues with comorbidity that are left unaddressed. It's a temporary palliative treatment, at best.

Are you trying to say that instead of offering the best treatment available upon diagnosis, doctors should just give the patient sub par palliative treatments because you're a little butthurt that a tiny percentage of your tax dollars goes towards medical treatments for trannies?
>>
>>6734879
So a woman/man loses their job and house. Gets depression, goes to a doctor. The root cause of the stress, anxiety, and depression is the that they lost their job and house. So the doctor should get them a new job and house????
>>
>>6734922
you're just baiting at this point
no one can be this retarded
>>
>>6734943
If you want to change your sex or be a toaster, pay for it yourself. Be an adult, take anti-depressants if its that bad, until you can afford to pay for the things you want. Now if you are deformed down there and need treatment, healthcare is there.
The only retarded over privileged group I see is the LGBT or Nazi party as I have seen you lot become. Have a depressed life :)
>>
>>6734967
>deformed down there
okay ill just cut my balls off so they can pay for my E
>>
>>6734973
You do that buddy, hack away and hide the phone first ;) if that is all you can come back with from that, you are just as retarded as I thought
>>
Walt Heyer, author of Paper Genders, A Transgender's Faith and Perfected with Love:

"I myself was diagnosed with gender identity disorder and underwent sex change surgery. Seven years later, I realized sex change surgery was not treatment at all.

I was misdiagnosed. I was suffering from a dissociative disorder that required talk therapy, not surgery."
>>
>>6734984
luckily you're the one who's retarded as i get my hormones paid for by free healthcare
>>
>>6734492

I fucking tried finding a job but it's kinda hard getting hired when you're a trans person living in the bible belt. I'm going to college in a different part of the country soon so hopefully I can get a job then

>>6734497
I'm not in Europe. Alabama, US.
>>
>>6734816
It's easier to just take Testosterone now. Effexor wasn't helping me much.
>>
>>6735047
Please stop using people who detransition to make a point about trans people. There are people who don't fit typical gender roles and decide to transition to the other gender and then later regret it. They shouldn't be used to make a point about many trans people who are much happier in the gender that they present as after transitioning. Genital reconstruction surgery has helped many many people be more comfortable in their own skin. It really does hurt to look between your legs and feel as if you have the wrong parts.
>>
>>6735176
Then why not testosterone cyrionate?
>>
>>6735244
allergies to cottonseed oil
>>
>>6735176
lmao just dont tell them your a tranny until you get the job
>>
>>6735297
Except for the fact that they can legally fire me if I give any suspicions on the job... You've never been to Alabama, have you?
>>
I pay between 12 dollars and nothing for my hormones.
Thanks Australia.
>>
File: 1453713036236.gif (456KB, 160x159px) Image search: [Google]
1453713036236.gif
456KB, 160x159px
>mfw "legit" cucks pay tons of money for their shitty meds while I get high tier stuff for next to nothing
>>
>>6735316
fucking move then
stop making excuses
>>
>>6742335
Tell me where you're getting real T for next to nothing. I hate to tell you, but if you're buying it real cheap off a steroid site, it's almost certainly fake.
>>
>>6742365

I literally just turned 18 and am not financially independent.

Can you send me money to help rent a place in another state?
>>
>>6743414
18? Head for Los Angeles. Largest homeless pop in the country right now so we've gotta be doing something right
>>
>>6746178

I don't have money to move or rent anywhere...
>>
>>6743414
Here's an idea. Keep your head down, find a job, save some money for a few years and THEN worry about transitioning.

As much as it may feel like it, you don't need to start transitioning right this second. It's not the end of the world if you have to wait until you get your shit together.
>>
>>6730115
They've always been here on 4chan. You're the new one, summer child.
>>
>>6735176
Goodrx
>>
>>6730041
Theres a website out there that will search pharmacies for you and see which one offers your medication and at what prices. Google it.
>>
>>6751955
>>6751986
yeah someone recommended that to me and I got vials for 53 dollars. Thanks anyways though.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.