[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is there a T in LGBT? Shouldn't it be LGBP? P as in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 6413328723_c6e7302123_o.jpg (192KB, 650x462px) Image search: [Google]
6413328723_c6e7302123_o.jpg
192KB, 650x462px
Why is there a T in LGBT? Shouldn't it be LGBP?
P as in pansexual, meaning someone willing to date a trans person.
transgender isn't like gay, it doesn't mean you're going to fuck or want to fuck other transexuals, it means you are one, right? So why the hell is LGBT not LGBP?

boy:"oh hey jenny, would you be interested in taking our friendship to the next level?"

Girl:'no, i'm a lesbian'

Boy:"oh, alright."

That makes sense right?

Boy: "jenny, would you be interested in taking our relationship to the next level?"

Girl: 'no, i'm transgender'

Boy: "..."

Doesn't make a lot of sense does it?

What it seems like to me is that the person who came up with the acronym LGBT was a retard that didn't know what transexual meant.
>>
>>6727255
pansexuality isn't real
>>
>>6727278
There is a thread up right now of some guy claiming he only finds trannies attractive. That's a pansexual, a person that is into trannies, it makes sense. How can it not be a real thing. Pansexual is a reaction to trans people existing, it is real so long as transexuals and people who identify as memes exist. It's the perfect way to counteract some retard claiming they sexually identify as a snail or something, if you find that person attractive they'll probably ask something retarded like "you still like me even if i'm a snail?" Claiming to be a pansexual would be a satisfying enough answer.
>>
>>6727315
pansexual is attraction to everyone, not just to trans women. If you're only attracted to trans women you are probably a straight man with a fetish. Pansexual, moreover is really only useful when describing nonbinary genders.
>>
File: 34534534.jpg (36KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
34534534.jpg
36KB, 636x358px
>>6727384
what the hell is "everyone" ?? boys, girls trans (not a separate category btw) & what else?
>>
>>6727399
nevermind i misunderstood your statement. ignore this
>>
>>6727399
>what else
The memes, that's what else. Weather you like em' or not, people will still identify as memes, this is why it makes more sense to have P as opposed to T in LGBT, T has nothing to do with what you're sexually attracted to whereas P has everything to do with what and whom you're attracted to and want to fuck.
>>
>>6727278
this. /thread and stfu.
>>
>>6727255
LGBT isn't exclusively concerning sexuality, despite sexuality being a big part of it. I think gender issues and gender identity are just as an important in the LGBT community as the sexual orientation side of things. But logically, strictly sexually speaking, it would make more sense for it to be LGBP.
>>
>>6727418
it's just bisexuality, babe. people like transgirls and transboys because they either fall into a masculine or feminine archetype that they're attracted to. If you're interested in trans because of their genitals, that's a fetish and not an alternative sexuality.
>>
>>6727429
Yeah, i was thinking LGBT was strictly about sexual preferences and that's why the T seemed out of place.
>>6727438
I guess you're right, the LGB part of it captures all possible sexual preferences, there really is no need for all the other stuff.
>>
>>6727467
There's conflict between the idea of pansexuality, as many trangender people transition to identify as closely to a cis gendered person as possible, they want straight people to be attracted to them and would argue pansexuality is just another way to unpleasantly out them, but many would argue there are people that are specifically attracted to transgender people as well as men and women. Personally I see no point, it may as well be mixed in with bisexuality honestly.
>>
>>6727315
>There is a thread up right now of some guy claiming he only finds trannies attractive.
He's just got a tranny fetish.
Straight people can also be into trannies, as can gay people and bisexuals. CAN be, not absolutely are.
It's just like race fetishists. A dude who only fucks black girls isn't blacksexual, he's still straight just with a fetish.
>>
>>6727315
>lumping trans people together with otherkin retards
Spotted the bait. If someone only finds transpeople (mtf and ftm) attractive that just makes them a bisexual with a tranny fetish.
>>
>>6727255
Why is there a L or a B in LGBT? Lesbians are just gay girls, so they can just as easily fall under the gay banner. Bisexuals are just gay people who also happen to be straight (and straightness is not a part of LGBT) so for all intents and purposes they fall under it as well. Shouldn't it just be GT, gay for sexuality and trans for gender identity?
>>
>>6727255
Pan isn't a fucking thing you nutjob, it's a snowflake word for bisexuals who are two stupid to notice there are only two genders.
>>
>>6727255
>>6727588
The lgbt acronym is for oppressed groups banding together in the face of adversity.

Lets talk about each letter.
>personal opinions ahead

>LG
I dont mind the L and G being selarate. Although it seems like an unnecessary distinction between men and women, they are still two very different groups of people. (but on the other hand, MtF and FtM only get the letter T)

>B
Bi isn't really oppressed in a different way than LG, so i could see dropping that. It's kindof a special snowflake catagory that blankets a whole lot of people though, so for political reasons I would let it be. It also allows bi people to join the movement while simultaniously telling themselves and others "but I'm not a faggot see, I'm bi"

>T
T is very oppressed in a separate way, and they have historically helped move the lgbt rights forward. so yes they should be in the lgbt catagory.

>P
I think P doesn't belong because it's pretty much like bi, a special snowflake catagory that isn't oppressed in different ways from LG.

Let's do some more shall we?
>All of these i have seen in lgbt acronyms.

>Two-Spirited
Special snowflake T

>Queer
What even is this?

>Questioning
Fuck you. You don't get a catagory for being on the fence about being in another catagory. You can still question/be questioning, you don't get a space in the acronym.

>Asexual
Is someone infringing upon your rights to not fuck? Or to not get married? Do they bash you in the streets when they see you arent holding hands with your platonic friends?

Ally
>lmao

>Transexual (separate from transgender)
Okay, but I thought the PC term was trans* though so you could put whatever in place of the star and trans people could disclose that themselves and be a mix if they like.

Thoughts on this? Am I being narrow minded?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.