[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How obviously gay were you as a child? Did your parents say 'we

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 17

File: 1450718722460.jpg (78KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1450718722460.jpg
78KB, 640x640px
How obviously gay were you as a child? Did your parents say 'we know' after you came out?
>>
I haven't come out yet but as far as I can tell I've always been different.
I've never been too feminine but people thought I was weird for not liking sports or toy cars. I've always loved flowers and being around women. I've always have loved going clothes shopping with my mom and watching soap operas with her
>>
>>6721134
obvious enough that I got threatened and beaten for it years before I even really knew
>>
>>6721134
I think they knew. I was pretty feminine growing up, and I worked hard to change it. I haven't come out but I would be willing to with the right person.
>>
>>6721134
That's a sad fucking picture though OP. I'd do something terrible to those men.
>>
>>6721134
when i came out as trans my stepdad said he always knew i was gay and then when i insisted i was trans he told me i really out to go to a few gay bars and have lots of anonymous sex so i could find out for sure if i was really not just gay. then he started telling me stories about how he asked his gay friend to take him to a bunch of gay bars in SF and intricately described all the like... knifeplay shit that apparently went on there about how if you slept with Big Brucie you were forever changed... i think he might be in the closet lol
>>
>>6722615
I agree.
I'm against the sexualization of children
>>
>>6721134
I hid it pretty well I imagine. When I was 10 my dad did walk in on me trying on my mothers bra.
>>
>>6721134
Enough that I was bullied for it from a young age, and liked to wear flowers in my hair and followed older pretty-ish boys around, and one time I went through a weird homophobic stage and my mom got angry at me and said "You're probably gay anyway, so you shouldn't be so quick to judge"
>>
>>6722984
>my mom got angry at me and said "You're probably gay anyway, so you shouldn't be so quick to judge"
ouch
>>
yeah lol. my mum knew i was gay before i knew haha. she literally said 'i know', and that was that.
>>
The boy next door is gay as fuck. He is only 8 but you can already tell he is a fag. I saw him walking out of his house carrying a wicker basket. I asked here he was going and he said to play baseball, he then pulls his glove out of the basket and says he is going to be catcher. The boys were playing basketball in their driveway and they were saying stuff like "okay, if you miss this shot you have to eat dog shit." and of course the gay boy says "well if you miss this shot you have to eat my wiener." He was playing with a group of girls and his dad was talking to me about how he is always with girls, and that he is going to be a ladies man and he has a huge johnson for his age. He is clearly going to come out at 11.
>>
Ive been out for 4 years and i still fly under the radar. My mother has repeatedly said that I dont "look or act gay".
As a child I was different from a lot of other kids but that was because I socialized with the autist nerds rather than being feminine.
>>
>>6722996
>ouch
Well, I do have this theory that my mom was secretly hoping for me to a be a gay man so she could vicariously live out her fantasies of dating gay guys (she was always pretty much exclusively attracted to gay men as a young woman, and married my father cause he "seemed gay but was straight")

I still figured out a way to disappoint though, so the jokes on her!
>>
Not really from a young age I recognized that being seen as feminine was really bad as a guy so I did whatever I could not to come off that way Kinda ended up screwing me in coming out though because my parent's refused to believe me because I wasn't a flaming child like trans people on the TV
>>
>>6721134
I'm a gay male.
I was never really obvious.

When i told my mom i was 18. She was very shocked. She started crying and was very upset because i was "the most likely of me and my brothers to give her grandchildren." she was upset for like two days and then she started becoming a typical oversupportive Pflag mom. She booked me with a gay therapist (because i was previously going to therapy for depression with a normie therapist) I hear "you should go to that gay group at the college", "are you going to pride?", "do you have a boyfriend?" type things all the time from her even 6 years later. Overall super happy she is supportive though.

I couldn't bring myself to tell my dad so i just let my mom do it, so i never saw his initial reaction. He seemed cool with it though, and i think his attitudes towards homosexuals changed. I remember him saying a few homophobic things in the past about pride parades and weddings "why they gotta show it off" type shit. But since i came out there has been none of that.

I do however remember overhearing one of my friends at university say to someone at a party right before i came out "oh that's anon, he seems gay at first, but trust me, if you get to know him you will realize he's really straight." so maybe not as stealth as i thought
>>
>>6721134

I'm a lesbian trans girl
kinda in between butch and femme

when i came out to my dad he was surprised and said "I just thought you were gay" as in he expected that i was a cis gay guy

which is weird bc i never expressed or felt real interest in men, nowhere near what i have for women, at least

i guess i was just somewhat effeminate and at that point had never had a real relationship
>>
>>6723407
When I came out to my mom as trans, she literally asked me "You seem more like a gay man to me. Are you sure you aren't just a really gay man?"

I then had to explain to her that I wasn't even into guys which should have been pretty obvious by the fact that I kept dating girls and completely ignored guys and frequently said things like "guys are disgusting" "why would I wanna be friends with a gross *man*" "it makes me uncomfortable being around boys" etc. etc.
>>
>>6721134
>Loved feminine things as a child - liked dressing as Raven from Teen Titans or as Sailor Moon.
>Bullied for feminine interests.

Later
>Never showing much interest in women.
>Relationships with girls fizzle

I was obviously gay.
>>
>>6721134
My mom used to tell my dad off for buying me car toys because I'd get confused about my gender and of course everyone blew her off and laughed, said that was ridiculous. Now I'm a FTM!
>>
>>6722984
>"You're probably gay anyway, so you shouldn't be so quick to judge"
mom burn oooooh
>>
I had a sailor moon lunch box and a sweater with a unicorn on it that I wore all the time. There was probably more stuff that I don't remember. Idk.
>>
I'm nonbinary and I don't think I was 'obvious' as a kid. I was just a normal, slightly tomboyish seeming kid. It wasn't until puberty that my dysphoria began, and by age 14 I already recognized the fsct I wasn't cis.
>>
>>6722615
>I'd do something terrible to those men.
>ranting about an out of context pic
>>
File: 1470459023850.jpg (40KB, 400x603px) Image search: [Google]
1470459023850.jpg
40KB, 400x603px
>>6723988
>nonbinary
>>
>>6724081
>Hi, I'm underage and think tumblr created a concept that's older than me
>>
File: Mean_joke_Laugh.gif (358KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
Mean_joke_Laugh.gif
358KB, 500x357px
I tried really hard not to be obvious
Didnt work tho, constantly got asked if i was gay
Guess i failed hard af
>>
File: 1469501739745.png (350KB, 431x453px) Image search: [Google]
1469501739745.png
350KB, 431x453px
>>6724122
>Tumblr defense
>t reddit
>>
When I was quite young, I used to play with dolls, watch girls' cartoons, I loved flowers. That chaged a bit in late grade school when I became a classical nerd, so I'm not so feminine now. Anyway, haven't come out yet, but I don't think they'll be too surprised considering my early childhood.
>>
>>6723833
I'm going to tell you this just in case they find out, not because you should come out: they legally cannot disown you at that age. (Assuming you live in America.) If they physically kick you out, call the police. You'll have a really rough life until you turn 18, but get as much school in as you can and don't leave unless they're going to physically beat you. When you do leave, get all your documents: social security card, birth certificate, ID, bank information, passport if you've got one, etc. Those documents are YOURS and no one can keep them from you. The police will go with you to get them if you feel unsafe. Find a shelter and start looking for work.

Best case scenario is you stay in the closet, squeeze as much assistance out of them as possible, and move away when you're financially independent.
>>
>>6723988
>I'm nonbinary
No you're fucking not. No one is. Nonbinary is a retarded fad invented by self-obsessed tumblrinas.

For those of us who are actually gay, and have faced ostracism or other problems in our lives due to being different against our will, it can be very irritating to see people "come out" as nonbinary or demisexual-panromantic or some other made up shit just because they want to be special and unique.
>>
File: 1637637.jpg (9KB, 200x190px) Image search: [Google]
1637637.jpg
9KB, 200x190px
>>6721134
>How obviously gay were you as a child?
Literally nobody knew. I have yet to see a single person who said they knew.
>>
>>6724159

well if you can be gay then he (she, whatever) can be a fucking nonbinary demisexual snowflake

I agree that's it retarded, but either everyone is allowed to be whatever they want or nobody is
>>
>>6724174
No. Homosexuality has an observable neurological basis. It is an actual biologically driven phenomenon within the human genome. You're making it sound like people "decide" to be gay in the same way this faggot decided to be a nonbinary special snowflake.
>>
>crybaby
>averse to violence and sports
>tended to prefer female friends
>preferred plushies to trucks
>played with makeup
>had innocent crushes on other boys which involved hand holding and cheek kissing

Pretty fucking gay. But I think I was just generally awkward and nerdy enough for my faggotry to slip pass the radar.
>>
>>6724159
>Nonbinary is a retarded fad invented by self-obsessed tumblrinas.
>til, tumblr was a thing in the 70s
>>
>>6724137
>blames things on tumblr and reddit
>t. reddifugee
>>
File: 1470945182812.jpg (227KB, 600x634px) Image search: [Google]
1470945182812.jpg
227KB, 600x634px
>>6724285
>defends tumblr and reddit
>t summerfag
>>
File: image.png (661KB, 667x611px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
661KB, 667x611px
>>6723402
Man I am jealous of your life. Always seems like my gay friends' parents act the same way yours did, freak the fuck out for a few days because muh grandkids and then go into pflag mom mode.

My parents are in that awful kinda-cunts about me being gay but not COMPLETE-cunts where I could fault them.

> Parents found out I'm gay when I was 17, about 2010, because she needed to use my computer at some point and went history snooping
> Parents were then convinced for 3 months that I was a whore trying to get dick from anywhere I could
> They even took cylindrically shaped bottles out of my bathroom "because I shouldn't be tempted"
> After 3 months passed they completely went back to normal
> One morning, wake up, mom is happily cooking breakfast and dad is helping
> No mention since that day of me being gay
> Except for when my mom lets it slip that she hates me for being gay and not giving her grankids
> rest of the time there is no mention, zero, of me being gay
> Really afraid of what that means if I ever try getting a husband or something
>>
It was pretty obvious from the age of 3 til the age of 6 i guess.
I'd dance in front of my parents to some pop music dressed in my sister's leggings. Whenever we played acting up i'd be a girl.
Later in elementary school, i was just a 'normal' boy, i wasnt acting feminine and stuff i was acting bored, wasnt really interested in anything except being at home listening to t.a.t.u (lol), later i've made some male friends in my hood (im from a slavic country lol) and started spending time with them all the time for 5 years. It took me 2 years to realize those dickheads are treating me different like i am some poor lady boy (which i am right now lmao) but i was so pissed and like stopped hanging out with them. I wasnt really bullied, later i came out to everyone at the age of 16 and no one cared.
>>
Femme lesbian here, wasn't really obvious. I was a cheerleader and did gymnastics throughout school, liked fashion and make up, etc.

I did express female attraction around the ages of 5 and 6 but parents thought it was a phase. When I was outed at 13, they still thought it was a phase and said I would find a guy because I was pretty, liked stereotypically girly things, etc etc.

I feel like they always knew, though. I was the only girl in my friend group who never dated and my parents were to scared to admit it, mainly because I'm the only daughter.
>>
>>6724297
Wanting the site to be more of a hivemind doesn't really help your claim that you're not yet another redditfugee who came here to be hugboxed for his retarded opinions
>>
>>6725855

>treating me different like i am some poor lady boy

And what is that treatment like?
>>
I'm a cis les girl

I think my parents just thought I was shy until I hit like my early teens. At that point I had never even shown a remote romantic interest in guys and was completely unresponsive to any hinting but had tons of bros I was comfortable around. In contrast I struggled to make friends with girls cause I would get nervous and quiet. From there my parents tried to squeeze in that they're totally cool with me being gay into as many conversations as possible followed by a "j-just in case you were curious".
>>
distant relatives, grandparents and my parents' friends all knew i was some kind of huge fag tranny growing up because i was girly, shy and obsessed with being pretty, always wanted long hair, grew long hair when i could in my teens. my friends all knew too. my folks themselves had no idea and just thought i was 'an individual'

lol
>>
>>6722630
>>6722615
in all likelihood the child dressed themselves
>>
File: 1454894589004.png (39KB, 914x1091px) Image search: [Google]
1454894589004.png
39KB, 914x1091px
>>6726019
>hivemind
I'm all 5 beeing urself
>>
I was shy and nerdy never really super feminine as a kid. I'm not actually out yet and my sister thinks I'm gay but my mom thinks I'm not and they've had arguments at the dinner table in front of me like I'm not there as to whether I'm gay or not.
>>
File: DUng6cs.jpg (59KB, 313x286px) Image search: [Google]
DUng6cs.jpg
59KB, 313x286px
>>6723361
>lord I tell you Jim my boy has this hangingest, swingingest wang you ever done seen
>>
I'm not a lesbian but people love to think I'm hiding the surprise of coming out one day lol. Dicks forever though, so they may wait a bit
>>
>>6721134
I used to be pretty androgynous as a child. As I got older, though, my personality slowly became more and more masculine without me ever noticing.
My parents told me they thought I "had tendencies" before I was 5, but that they knew (as if I'd come out to them yet) that I was hetero by the time I was 7 a couple of years back.
>>
>>6726674

So you're straight?
>>
i've been a tomboy my entire life so i think it was a lot more obvious to my parents than it actually was to me.

i never actually 'came out' to either of my parents, when i got my first girlfriend my parents were separated, my mom is fairly liberal so i told her, she was happy for me and supported me, loves to go to pride, etc. i never told my dad because he was fairly mormon.

told him later through mentioning a girlfriend after i had moved out but again, by that time i was fairly butch so it was pretty obvious. he seemed...indifferent, accepted it, but i think he probably quietly disapproved. my (adopted) aunt and my twin sister are gay too so i don't know if he was just tired of it or tired of all the sin or what.

he died later that year and i'm thankful i at least got it off my chest. i've asked my mom since then how she feels about my rampant lesbianism and her response was something along the lines of, "i'm just relieved i don't have to worry about you bringing strange men home." i guess i'm thankful it's been mostly acceptance even before i knew myself, even if it is a little embarrasing to slip into that sort of predicted stereotype.

tldr; been a tomboy my entire life, parents probably knew before i did, never officially "came out", mom was accepting and supportive when i came home with a girl though, dad was just a little too religious to wholly approve.
>>
>>6723988
Same here. As a kid I didn't like cars or dolls, and adored teddy bears and dinosaurs.
>>
File: 2016-08-14 06.38.33.png (257KB, 539x518px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-14 06.38.33.png
257KB, 539x518px
>>6726674
oh I'll help you with that surprise, don't worry. I'm an expert at making women come.
>>
>>6721134
I didn't date anyone until I came out, so that probably made them curious.
I used to have a female best friend at an age of ~5-9. But that's about it.

My cousin said, that he assumed I was gay, because I've always been extremely tidy.
>>
File: image_57.jpg (123KB, 506x877px) Image search: [Google]
image_57.jpg
123KB, 506x877px
>tfw your mom tells you I never sounded manly
She said I always looked (and, well, was) "really sensitive". She wasn't surprised at all when I turned out to be a tranny.
>>
>tfw they send u to therapy @ 12 cuz u "dress like a boy"
>realize u are bisexual @ 16

what can i say
>>
>>6721134
Not much. Other than not talking about girls I don't have any attitudes that clue people in, but when I was a kid there were some isolated incidents that makes people go "ooh now that makes sense", like
>playing with a friend's sister and her dolls one time
>saying that a friend's dog was cute in a sort of faggy way
>playing with water balloons with a friend in his swimming pool and hiding it in our trunks and getting the other one to fetch it in a "hahah no homo bro" way when we were 12
>>
File: tumblr_nh19o9m9qa1sme6zio1_500.gif (2MB, 445x293px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nh19o9m9qa1sme6zio1_500.gif
2MB, 445x293px
when i was 8 i would force my dad and brother to sit on the floor while i danced to barbie girl on the bed
>>
>>6726139
hah
>>
>>6730656
this shouldn't have made me laugh so hard,

what the fuck is wrong with me
>>
>>6730656
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u89rkHQ7KuM
>>
>>6734193

>1995 Barbie
>Complete with terrible 90s fashion
>>
>>6721134
Bisexual here. Dad was shocked, mom was like 'yep'
>>
>>6734267
now twist my hips watch me Go!
>>
Bi girl.
Everyone figured I was gay. Guess I shouldn't have punched that kid when I was four when he tried to be my bf and kissed me.
>>
>>6723361
His dad might be mollesting him hence he acts like a fruit maybe thats how he knpws his dick is so big best call child services man
>>
>>6721134
I don't think I was effeminate at all while growing up, although I've always been kind of a crybaby. Dad used to lecture me on manhood and toughness whenever I broke into tears. Shame kids only learn by example.

So he's definitely had his suspicions at some point but I haven't come out to him or mom and I don't intend to. Just seems like it's more trouble than it's worth.
>>
>>6730656
Thats the cringiest shit ever

Thats not even gay

I hope you cringe thinking about it
>>
>>6724205
Personally, I don't need someone in a white coat to tell me it's OK to be gay. But...

While there is such a bias, more specifically a unusual development in the anterior hypothalamus, it has also been correlated with gender dysphoria or whatever it is they're calling it nowadays. The brains of transgendered and homosexual individuals alike do not conform to the expected anatomy of strictly male or female brains but instead seem to blend traits present in both. This is a bit of a stretch but perhaps there are variations in gender identity which defy our binary, Western beliefs on the matter.
>>
File: 1461449951199.jpg (105KB, 452x818px) Image search: [Google]
1461449951199.jpg
105KB, 452x818px
I think I was always kind of a faggot when I was a kid, and everyone was well aware of it before I had any concept myself. Things I used to do:
>Have long pretend conversations and adventures with teddy bears.
>Played with a Baby Annabell my mom owned.
>Skipped everywhere instead of walking.
>Cry and get really emotional over the smallest things.
Sing
>"Charmed" was my favourite tv show growing up
>Bake
>Loved musicals
>Always ducked out whenever Dad and older brother played any ball sports.
>Watched Project Runway (In secret)
>Hung out with mostly girls in school, not many boys.
>Played "House" with another faggy neighbor hood kid, until he moved away. (I wonder how he's doing nowadays...)

That was just me as a dumb child though, no concept of sexuality, I even had a girlfriend in primary school that I really liked, however, I'm pretty sure my parents knew that THAT was just a phase.

Throughout my teenage years my mom occasionally made these subtle gestures to get me to come out. Like talking about my future and how she'd have to approve of my wife "OR HUSBAND" dramatically, with nudges etc. My Aunt made all the same pushes to get me to come out. However I myself was very uncomfortable with my sexuality and would ignore their advances.
I don't think my dad really ever cared if I was gay or not. I'm very lucky in that regard. But later on when I was going though a pretty hard time in my life, and my Dad just flat out asked me "Are you gay?" I had to admit it then. but he shrugged, said its okay, moved on to other topics.
My older brother on the other hand didn't like me at all for who I was. Maybe my personality embarrassed him or something. He would bully me a lot and would tell me how I was so weird and how much of a freak I was to him. That really hurt, I looked up to him.
>>
File: Bible Belt.jpg (81KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bible Belt.jpg
81KB, 720x720px
>>6721134
>How obviously gay were you as a child?
Not at all; I seemed like a straight awkward nerd in school. Then and today I don't have a gay affect. And I was straight acting all through grade school, because at age eight I watched a lispy kid two years older than me get called a queer then beaten into the emergency room.

>Did your parents say 'we know' after you came out?
No. They told me I was "straight, but too lazy to go after women." It's been about three years since I came out, and in between blaming each other for "making me a gay," they regularly tell me that "they are praying that I will get over this phase soon."
>>
>>6723447
Starfire was always my favourite to dress up as.
>>
>>6721134
I already know the answer, but I'm almost 27 my parents have never seen me with anyone, they know I went to a different state for a weekend with a "friend", and they stopped asking me awhile ago about girlfriends...

Do they totally know or just oblivious?
>>
File: TrapezeGuy.png (270KB, 513x540px) Image search: [Google]
TrapezeGuy.png
270KB, 513x540px
>>6723988
>>6729165
>I like girl and boy things!
>that means I'm nonbinary!
[spoiler]It doesn't.[/spoiler]
>>
>>6721134

My parents were a 'we know'

She was much more shocked when I came out as a conservative. I get so much "but you're gay???!!!??" shit even from her lmao
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.