[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible for transgirls to become witches? Or can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (58KB, 800x541px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 800x541px
Is it possible for transgirls to become witches? Or can only cis women do that?
>>
>>6715600
I hesitate to call anything impossible.
I have a cismale friend who is more witchy than I am. Give it a try, OP!
Witches are all about breaking the norm.
>>
>>6715600
in the pagan sense, being a witch is not gender specific
>>
>>6715667
What the fuck are you talking about?
I'm an /x/file and I was raised a witch and witchcraft is just a really outdated form of alchemy, warding, crafting, brewing, shit like that. Anyone can do it, it doesn't make a difference.
>>
>>6715684

In the historical/social/linguistic sense it most certainly is.
>>
>>6715737
Well the modern community im in it isnt considered so anymore -shrug-
>>
>>6715690
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that it is abnormal to be a non cis female witch.
I was trying to say that even if people were telling OP differently, it doesn't really matter. That she should strive forward without giving a crap what they say.
>>
>>6715745

I understand its use in modern pagan practice, I just struggle to understand why men would want to claim the label. Witch is a historically oppressed group, and one which is very much gendered.
>>
>>6715804
What would you prefer men who practice witchcraft be called then?
>>
>>6715804
>witches are oppressed, stop appropriating witchcraft!
Next you'll say unicorns and fairies are being oppressed by the trans-speciest patriarchy
>>
>>6715804
jesus christ
>>
>>6715817
Not that anon but i believe they are called warlocks also the witch king of angamar is a fomerly human male king
>>
>>6715871
Warlocks isnt commonly used anymore due to it's debatable definition.
>>
>>6715821
>>6715836

People literally burned women to death for hundreds and hundreds of years on the accusation of witchcraft. You know what happens when you burn alive? Your eyeballs explode. Your subcutaneous fat melts and starts frying your muscles. It's not pretty.
>>
>>6716071
That had more to do with sexism than anything lol, witchcraft was just use as an excuse
>>
>>6716136

I don't think you can easily separate the two. It's not like sexism doesn't exist anymore or women don't get ostracized for these types of beliefs and practices...
>>
>>6716161
Yeah I can understand that. I personally don't view the whole witch demographic as oppressed, so i don't think we're gonna get anywhere with this convo
>>
>>6716217

I'm not saying witches today are persecuted the way they were in the past, I just have trouble reconciling the current word use with the history. I don't wanna be like NO BOYS ALLOWED, but it feels like an intrusion into a space that wasn't made for them... Femininity and witchcraft are in some way at least bound together in my eyes.
>>
>>6716281

but what about trans girls
>>
>>6716301

Transfemininity is still femininity.
>>
>>6716281
And in the eyes of the average /pol/tard masculinity and the rise of western civilization and everything good are inextricably bound.

It's all the same level of nonsense. A random white american born after the 1900s is no more responsible for slavery than a random african American.

It's all just arbitrary past events shaping our opinions in ways that lead us to believe actions and properties can be associated with groups of people.

This is easily the dumbest thing I've said today, but I think denying trans-girls "witch status" in the basis of there gender is no different than any other form of sexism against women, or men for that matter.
>>
>>6716312

a) I never once said trans women can't be witches, or that they aren't women for that matter.
b) Just because something happened in the past doesn't mean its effects aren't felt today. A white American born after 1900 bears no personal responsibility for American slavery having happened, but they still benefit from it having happened in different ways (e.g. white families on average possess much more wealth than black families because they're more likely to own homes, land, businesses, etc, and that wealth can be traced back to the business of slavery).
>>
>>6716281
I think youre missing the fact that male witches were also prosecuted during the few hundred years of witch burnings, and in some areas, more males were killed than females.
>>
>>6715600
i will give you some of my own bullshit insights into magic.

Magic has a will of its own.
the way magic works now is not the way magic worked in the past.
the way magic works can and will change depending on shit that happens.

magic has the ability to sense all possible and impossible outcomes.

the more likely an outcome is in all possible instances the more likely it is to actually happen.

magic is a force that is currently outside the veil of our normal human sense.

some one back in the day fucked it up for so many of us.

magic can not be described as being good or bad.

magic is mostly like a cat. cats seems to be the most in tuned with the forces of magic.

>magic is a neko girl.

Magic is a counter force to many of Human natures.

unfortunately MEN are effectively an opponent of magic.

Men are know to take magic by force and coercion. magic doesn't like that.

if a human is truly born with a female spirit then they have a better chance at gaining access to magic.

humans can grow and change. becoming a woman is possible. so a 100% male masculin bro dude can make himself into a woman 100% spiritually and metaphysically and mostly physically but that process would require more time than is humanly possible to allocate.

magic already senses your intentions and may choose not to open itself to you.

magic is the active mind of the Force. the Force is already something that all humans utilize but that Force is not sentient and can not actively foster machinations of will.

humans are fucked as it is. idk who to blame but were nowhere near ready or able to wield magic. mostly foolish humans are the ones being used by those higher beings.
>>
>>6716331
1) Oh, I must have misread something then.
2) So on the basis of the effects these past events had... what? Should that change our social outlook in white people? Should white people feel guilty or beholden to black people because of something the vast majority of us have not experienced personally?

Perhaps your argument here is that we should bridge that gap and create opportunities for disenfranchised african americans. That doesn't bother me at all, as long as it doesn't devolve into some form of reverse racism.
>>
>>6716377
lol this seems highly sexist and also complete horse shit
>>
>>6716432
i know. i did say it was bullshit.
>>
>>6716377
Ahhhhh I don't know why but this seems really intuitive based on life experience, and I used to be such a skeptical person too, lol

Oh well
>>
File: 1469928648286.jpg (34KB, 388x492px) Image search: [Google]
1469928648286.jpg
34KB, 388x492px
>>6716450

>tfw physics kid, believe in the power of the scientific method, been educated in a rationalist framework my entire life
>tfw these days I spend my time summoning demons and being a /x/ miscreant

How do we even get to the places we go in our lives? Such a mystery.
>>
>>6716442
Oh, i missed that part some how
>>
>>6716377
>some one back in the day fucked it up for so many of us.
What do you mean here?
>>
All Witch-owned IPs is in this thread have been catalogued and documented.

This is an automated message.
>>
if you guys want to get better at magic you can try casting your own spells. forget all the mumbo jumbo and warning people tell you. i like to cast curses on asshole drivers on the freeway.

i accept my punishments and i'm an adult. i take responsibility for my actions.

people who condemn magic because of religion can shove it up their asses.

Jesus did magic. moses did magic. king solomon did magic. lol.

men can definitely do magic that's not the issue.

if you want to be a witch, specifically a female witch. you have to be a girl.

the last time i checked trans girls are girls.

>>6716494
a long time ago there was an asshole magic dude who fucked it up for the rest of us. maybe it was voldemort. maybe it was gandalf. idk. all i know is magic is 10x harder to use now.

>>6716511
go sign a contract and leave us alone.
>>
>>6716524
The thing that annoys me most is when wiccans condemn witches who curse because of the whole three fold law.

why do they always assume all witches are wiccans
>>
>>6716479
Aaaaaaa saaame, total astrophysics nerd, had more or less figured out how we think the universe works fundamentally and stuff, which was my goal for a long time. Always had been into science and tech, but start getting disillusioned in life.

I went into a creative program in college, start getting in touch with myself and interacting with people, realize I need more in life.

I do a lot of soul-searching, one week dysphoria hits again, this time I don't ignore it and come out, start transitioning, and early on hanging out with a friend (who I found out also had gender issues) all sorts of things start occurring to me that never seemed to before.

I just sort of go with the flow now and suspend my disbelief if my intuition is right. Things have been working out really well since then, such a mystery indeed.
>>
>>6716544
yea fuck them. i do what i want.
>>
>>6716552
>creative program

This isn't Kate, is it?
>>
>>6716589
Nope, I'm not Kate. : P

I doubt my friends browse 4chan. Maybe, but probably not.
>>
would anyone be interested in a future all inclusive Witch's General ???

i feel like this board needs a more positive place for witches.
>>
File: Pregnant Asuka Langley.jpg (176KB, 670x1048px) Image search: [Google]
Pregnant Asuka Langley.jpg
176KB, 670x1048px
>>6715600

>>6716608
>About girly things and what women can do.
>I wish I can get pregnant if I was a woman.
>>
>>6716605
This sounds like the best thing to happen to LGBT in a long time, I'm in
>>
>>6716605
I'd be down
>>
File: That sounds fucking terrifying.png (589KB, 426x482px) Image search: [Google]
That sounds fucking terrifying.png
589KB, 426x482px
Ayy where my witches at tho
>>
>>6715600
i am a dude and a witch my grandmother taught me what her grandmother before taught her and so on. lot of cartomancy and herb lore all celtic. when its hereditary you pick the kid by their aptitude and desire to learn not by their genitals. Also anyone can be pagan . and don't call me a warlock i'm not a Liar
>>
>>6715600
>>6716620
>>6716628

i did it

>>6716677
>>
>>6716685
dianic wiccans clearly managed to get a thread deleted
>>
>>6716071
This is a blatant misunderstanding of the execution of witches. Witches was not a gendered term. A man could be a witch. Giles Corey was crushed to death as a witch. Many men and women were accused of being witches. "Witches" were burned at the stake, but heretics in general were killed, and that's of any gender.

Using the modern notion of witches as a primarily female thing to view the PAST is very stupid. If a man practiced occult magic, or was accused of such, they weren't called fucking "wizards". Witch is just the word for a heretic who allegedly practices dark magic.
>>
>>6723438
Also most people killed for being accused of being a witch weren't burned alive. Hanging was the most prevalent
>>
File: baphomet-larkin.png (1MB, 650x1021px) Image search: [Google]
baphomet-larkin.png
1MB, 650x1021px
>>6715600

if anything, maab women are even more witchy in a sense because they have perhaps the ultimate "deformity" or rather witch's mark

any moles or extra appendages are seen as having significance, it's a sign of being wicked, being touched by the divine

i come from a family of Luciferian Freemasons, have a lot of witches in my ancestry, and they breed their children to have special marks and mutations with arranged marriages and rituals/spells calling on outer spirits to give them these physical signs of spiritual power

apparently i was a "moonchild", i was born with a lot of witch's marks, moles on my torso in the pattern of Ursa Minor, a birthmark on my thigh in the shape of a demon with a star

during my most recent sessions of programming, they compared me to the Baphomet, one of the highest symbols of esoteric wisdom and a favorite form the Devil archetype to Luciferians

they even made me believe i was the actual Antichrist for a period, but if anything i'd more accurately be the Whore of Babylon

i always more attributed it to an angelic nature though, angels being androgynous/hermaphroditic

my grs may have been a ritual and it definitely allowed me to more appropriately act as what Crowley called a Scarlet Woman, as my foremothers did

sometimes i wonder if i was the first maab woman to take part in a large-scale Babalon working during my latest sessions
>>
>>6715600
Male witches are called warlocks, you would be a warlock. Much cooler title.
>>
>>6723725
No. Warlock is literally scrub tier.
>>
>>6715600
I looked into Wicca just yesterday and yes, I would think so, because it's mostly about rituals
Also since you are a woman you got literally nothing to woery about
>>
File: do people really ask that.png (868KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
do people really ask that.png
868KB, 800x900px
>>6716479
>that pic
lmao could this be the source of those "is Hillary a witch" questions her campaign get's every day?

>>6716511
well i'm def spookt

>>6716524
>maybe it was voldemort. maybe it was gandalf. idk.

why do you think it was one person? why do you think they were male?

>all i know is magic is 10x harder to use now.
i think it is very dangerous(ly stupid) to take legends literally

magic might be just as easy to use as it always was, it's just the feats of the mages of yore became highly exaggerated over time

i feel like you're speaking from experiences you gained from vision quests you've gone on or messages from spirit guides

if so, always take information gleaned from such encounters with a grain of salt

interdimensional archons can be manipulative with the perception of mortals

>>6716544
>>6716553
as a white witch who is also a hereditary witch (not wiccan) i'm very disappointed in both of you

>>6716605
yell heah

>>6716643
what has been your grandmother's experience with Satanic covens? i had the shitluck of being born among such people and i've been holding out hope that there are still witch lines untainted by this dark influence

does she know of any organized resistance against Satanists?

>>6723438
this is a good point, though it's important to remember that women were more vulnerable to accusation

>>6723725
trans women are not male

"warlock is boy witch" is just a meme with very poor connotations, very few people throughout history self-identified with that term because it literally means "oath-breaker" iirc meaning they were expelled from a coven, a heretical witch edgelord i guess
>>
File: 1468268293788.jpg (7KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
1468268293788.jpg
7KB, 229x220px
Jesus fucking Christ this thread.
>>
Where can I learn the fundamentals about all of this this?
Are there any descent books to use like a beginners introduction to witchcraft or something?
>>
File: 1468342940044.png (45KB, 521x400px) Image search: [Google]
1468342940044.png
45KB, 521x400px
what the fuck
>>
>>6715737
Not really, for example, in the baltics, witchcraft was more traditionally associated with men, same in Iceland (their witch hunts were the rare ones that didn't target women overwhelmingly)
>>
When you think of it HRT is basically what witcher sorceresses get while at their academy.
>>
"Witch" has been a gender neutral term since the middle ages, it's just that the popular image of a witch is typically a female with a pointy hat.
You can study witchcraft, regardless of your genitalia.
>>
>>6715600
Even stronger- a trans' bond to satan is unbreakable
>>
File: 1431813258872.png (275KB, 404x341px) Image search: [Google]
1431813258872.png
275KB, 404x341px
>>6716605

Let's do it.
>>
>>6715600
if witchcraft would be real, they could just make you a cis woman and you could join their cult.
>>
File: IsaacNewton-1689.jpg (198KB, 407x559px) Image search: [Google]
IsaacNewton-1689.jpg
198KB, 407x559px
>>6716479
There's a long history of that, Isaac Newton spent more time fucking around with alchemy and eschatology than he spend on physics, math and economics combined.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.