[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many of the transpeople here began their transition or discovered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1470806012091.jpg (63KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1470806012091.jpg
63KB, 900x900px
How many of the transpeople here began their transition or discovered that they were trans/had trans feelings after finding /lgbt/ or another forum?
>>
>>6711160
You're going to get a lot of selection bias with this question because obviously the trans people that lurk here are more likely to have discovered it here than at other places.

I did sorta figure it out here, but I already kinda knew, I just ironed out the details and got on hormones.
>>
>>6711160
I transitioned ten years ago. There probably were websites or forums dedicated to the subject, but I didn't visit them. My personal knowledge was scarce; I happen to enjoy synthesizer music and learned about Wendy Carlos, just randomly digging up information, and it's hard not be made aware of transsexuals watching shitty daytime TV.

The process was straight forward. I found my surgeon through the eunuch archives. There was no therapy, no "real life experience." Once you're cut, any doctor will prescribe hormones. At least in my experience.
>>
>>6711160
Youtube was where i figured out I was trans by watching videos about ftms.

I found the videos by googling random questions about how i wished i was male etc.

Which was about 2 years ago and I transitioned socially/medically a year ago when I came out.
>>
>>6711160
Oh jeez I would be soooo fucked up if that was the case. I came to the general conclusion I was trans (even though I had wanted to start taking hormones, and basically transition years before that) after a lot of internal soul searching, and this was after IDing (but only if someone asked me explicitly) as neither a man or a woman since I was pretty young (maybe 8 or so).

By the time I was 15 I was already completely rejecting the identity of me as masculine, and was filling out those gender bread cookie things that my SJ club had us do once as being androgynous and feminine.

For me "discovering I was trans" was more about finding other people that were also trans IRL, and realizing that I wasn't a complete aberration. I mean, there were some excercises in denial between that time, but they never extended as far as to be actual realizations of action.

I honestly was in such a fog of dysphoria and misery throughout most of mid-teens that I can barely remember what I thought about in private.
>>
File: 1456111928732.png (219KB, 500x246px) Image search: [Google]
1456111928732.png
219KB, 500x246px
I figured it out through here/omegle.
>be me, super depressed and lonely neet
>start using omegle to combat loneliness
>keep getting gendered female when i turn my cam on, realize i really like it.
>start masturbating to the idea of being a girl in a sexual context, realize it's the hottest thing ever.
>agp intensifies
>start thinking back to childhood for signs i may be trans.
>realize a bunch of stuff from childhood points to me being trans (weird cross dressing thats hard to explain, pretending I was a girl in online games.)
>start lurking /lgbt around this time as well, realize being trans doesn't mean you are a 40 year old balding man that wants to wear a dress/makeup
>realize trans people are cute as fuck.
>realize i want that.

and 10 months later i'm one month into HRT and although things are still shit at least i can say it's slowly getting better.
>>
>>6711160
I had always been interested about boys turning to girls stories but not in a fetish way. They had an appeal I couldn't quite put my finger on because I didn't know what transgender was.
>>
I found out after seeing trans kids on Tyra Banks show. I had always wanted to be a girl and I was like wait you can do that?
>>
>>6711858
Soap, I think you are beautiful and I love your style. Hope you the best.
>>
>>6711866
Thanks anon! You made my otherwise boring night.
>>
>>6711947
Good. I'm glad.
>>
>>6711353
How do you feel about all of these transtrender YouTubers?
>>
>>6711989
i usually ignore them, theyre pretty embarassing and annoying.

I feel like most of them actually are transgender but just got too caught up in the tumblrina community
>>
>>6712005
Yeah, my biggest problem is those ones who use horomones to be genderfluid...its gonna fuck them up later
>>
>>6712041
I mean if they actually have gender dysphoria they'll probably be fine. But I feel like a lot of trans people jump into HRT without actually researching.

Like by the time I even contacted an endocrinologist I basically was an expert on Testosterone
>>
>>6711160
I've had weird feeling about gender since I was like 6, but I decided that transition was for me after deciding to research stuff on /r/asktransgender after having a very strange dream.

So, kinda?
>>
File: 1453421861631.gif (2MB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
1453421861631.gif
2MB, 384x216px
I avoided LGBT anything until I was 24 and my entire life came crashing down because it turns out I'm supposed to be a lesbian woman, not a "straight man" like I had been failing to roll play the better part of 4 years. I survived by avoiding everyone this long and now testosterone has permanently ruined my beauty and body.

I figured it out after I cut everything in my life away. Literally down to food, water, penis. I was laying in the bathroom on heroin for 3 months straight not even crying trying to figure out what broke my soul. Finally I did.
>>
I knew I was trans as soon as dysphoria hit me hard during puberty. I didn't know transitioning was a thing you could do. I stumbled upon transtimelines on Reddit one day, and I was blown away. I was still scared to pull the trigger on transition out of fear of the reactions of my family, and delayed another couple years (I so regret that). I ended up starting HRT at 25, which is the biggest regret of my life. Luckily I got EXTREMELY lucky with genetics, so my transition so far has not been too difficult. My body already passes, just waiting on FFS in November.

Damn, do I regret not starting sooner, though. Could have saved myself so much suffering and depression. When I did try Googling this stuff with my limited knowledge of terminology back in middle school, all I found was Susans, Laura's Playground, and all the hon fetishist websites. Needless to say, that put me in the closet for a good decade.
>>
>>6711840
FUCK IKTF
>>
>>6711840
This so hard, like everyone else seemed to be weirded out by that stuff but it just always made me really envious of them, same with seeing timelines and other trans stuff online later
>>
>>6711160
At a random party siting alone friend comes up and just asks if I want to be a girl, didn't know it was an option till he explained hormones and stuff he learnt from a trans friend of his.
Always wanted to be a girl but didn't look into it because I was internet illiterate and just figured I was a weirdo. then I wasted a few years saying I'd get on hormones eventually but didn't. and now I'm on them, could've started at 17 but I'm an idiot lol
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.