[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why am i afraid of telling anyone i'm transgender? Why do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: tumblr_npvwwj17AJ1thw8nzo1_1280.jpg (59KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npvwwj17AJ1thw8nzo1_1280.jpg
59KB, 612x612px
Why am i afraid of telling anyone i'm transgender?
Why do i panic and feel sick when the thought crosses my mind about what will happen, what they will think or do?

Even my friends, i'm absolutely terrified as i lay in bed in the middle of the night writing them a text and then deleting it without sending. I can't muster so much as "i think im a girl" despite the fact i've been on hormones for several months and look and dress andro, but they just think i'm femgay or something idk. It help that im a recluse and dont see my family anymore... It would be easier for me to cut off my friends and become a total recluse than to tell any of them i think. But i also dont want to lose my friends after i already lost my family but i can't keep denying the dysphoria and living a fake life either.

It hurts when friends make off-handed remarks like i should get a haircut or i should go to the gym, or they criticize me for being not masc enough or when my voice is high, and i can't say anything back. It hurts when they make fun of super gay people, and trans people, and use the wrong pronouns on purpose. What hurts the most is i don't know if they really feel that way or they just play along with society, but i can't even call them out or make a defense without feeling like they'd turn on me or find out.

Honestly im just so fearful and weak and like i know it's never going to get any easier yet i can't even manage the most basic things, it makes me wonder if im not cut out for this life and i should just take the easy way out and hope for the best in the next one. I've got nothing going for me and no one really keeping me around anymore. It never gets better, and it never gets easier. If i can't be strong enough now, then how will i ever be?

Why am i so worthless
>>
It's ok. I'm like that too. Have you talked about this with your therapist, or tried to form a support outside of your freinds and therapist to encourage you and be there for you just in case? Maybe a community or LGBTQ center? If you form a second group of people that you know will be your friends and stick with you: that might make a world of difference.

Stay strong! And, don't do anything drastic.

BTW, a lot of people have those thoughts. Like, maybe all of my family members will die off or disown me or something. Or, in general, wish it was easier to come out or transition. It would be so awesome to just go to a doctor and come back a month later fully transitioned. But, humans are very social animals, who like to be in groups, usually, and do not live in a perfect world, so you might have to grit and bare with it and meet new people, because your friends sound totally toxic for you to be around with right now from what you've told us.

The bird-cage is open, and you've already opened it and are half-way to the mall. Don't give up!
>>
>>6707575
fuck em

from the day that you're born, people will hate you not because of who or what you are, but because you're there. you think you're a girl? you have to be the best woman that anyone could be. and people will hate you, and they might call you a freak, but that's okay because you're going to be better than them. you're going to forgive them, because they just don't understand you, and are too closed-minded to ever try. fuck, you don't need those people. you don't need anyone. you know what you are. train your voice, take pills, dress however the fuck you want, because your shape should be for you first.

fuck therapists, fuck the lgbt community, fuck the detractors. just do it. when you boldly do what you want, others will follow your strength, and that's the company you should keep. if your friends can't deal with the fact that you're trans, they're not your friends. you can't be friends with only a part of a person, and not the rest.

I get that a lot of this probably didn't make sense, but all I'm saying is just do it. fear is the enemy.
>>
File: Trumps up.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Trumps up.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
>>6707575
>It hurts when friends make off-handed remarks like i should get a haircut
here's what you're going to do
1. lose your friends
2. download games and progressive rock music to play in the background
3. stack on doritos and mountain dew
4. enjoy shut-in life to tha fullest my mane
>>
>>6713120
>friends
"friends"*

fixed
>>
>>6713124
Are you saying that you don't get to bring them because they aren't your friends?

You could probably get them on board.
And call Ittin.
>>
>>6713174
if OP's "friends" were saying this stuff to them all along they never were their friends to begin with
>>
>>6707575
>Why am i afraid of telling anyone i'm transgender?
Because you deep down know that you're not normal and you're mentally ill.
>>
>>6713213
>being this new
Or perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
>>
>>6713227
i don't follow your analogy
>>
>>6713240
Dr Pavel refused our offer, in favor of yours.
We had to find out what he told you.
>>
File: QW0gfBR.jpg (166KB, 1280x680px) Image search: [Google]
QW0gfBR.jpg
166KB, 1280x680px
My friends were the same, anon. I moved away after I started hormones and I just stopped talking to any of them because I couldn't be bothered opening up and dealing with the inevitable drama.

There's no shame in it, some people are just shit.
>>
>>6713348
>>6713227
>>6713213
That's a lot of tenacity for a hired shitposter
>>
>>6713423
For (You)
>>
No, you guys, they have been great friends to me for most of my life. They make these kinds of comments that hurt me because I've never said anything to them about it so they don't know. It's my fault for being a big wimp who would rather run from them or hide my true self instead of confronting them about it. The reason I don't tell them though is because I don't know if they will react bad and I feel like I'd rather just not take the chance and run instead...
I don't know where I'd run or who I'd go to, I don't know any other LGBT people or where to find communities for that, I don't even know if I could bring myself to go to something like that...
Honestly it's just my fault for being such an emotional weakling.

I don't go to therapy or anything, I can't afford it, I'm barely making enough to finance my transition already so I don't know if I could make it anywhere else.

I think I'll just stop talking to them and hope they leave me alone...
>>
>>6713357
Also this picture I think it's very cute
>>
>>6713348
OOOOh memes
>>
>>6707575
Just make more friends from the queer community who understand it.
>>
>>6713459
People who make these kind of comments are unreflected cunts, you shouldn't stick with them because you had some good times together.

>Honestly it's just my fault for being such an emotional weakling.
Don't blame yourself for being hurt in a society which is designed to hurt.

You should overcome that fear of meeting other queer people (you surely know you'll have a better time with people who get you).
>>
>>6713459
Your guilt goes away and the shame goes away in time, but it's similar to grief. It does take time and trying to boy logic wrestle these FEELINGS will destroy you.

You are trapped. You won't always be..
I'm maybe 5 months ahead in transition, or at least that's how far back I can look and see myself EXACTLY where you are today. It might be different for you, but it does get better. It doesn't get easier, but it does get better.

You can't be yourself but she doesn't exist yet. She might never the way you imagined or always wished but you'll have your time later in life. All isn't lost you will get out of the darkness. But it doesn't get easier.
>>
>>6713477
*just because
>>
Also, in some parts of the world it has been socialized to some extent, in that the government / insurance will cover the cost for your treatments.

I would pay 157 plus shipping for what I pay 4 dollars copay at the pharmacy for. Don't ask me how that works. Probably drug cost inflation.
>>
>>6713477
lmao no
you're just assuming the friends are bad people because they aren't walking on eggshells for no reason
the "queer community" is bullshit
>>
>>6713500
You're right, maybe they aren't "bad" people in the standard sense, but they show that they are not being reflective at all about their own behaviour.
But who knows, maybe if a close friend came out to them they it would make them more sensible to such issues.
>>
>>6713477
But what if I never make any other friends? I don't think I'm very likable which is why I just stuck with people who said mean things all along anyway.

>>6713488
I wish I had that. I have to order online full price because I have no insurance. Fuck burgerland.

>>6713478
I've never been good dealing with feelings. People thought I was like a sociopath when I acted stoic after my parents died. I'm sad my mom died before she found out she finally had the daughter she'd always wanted.
>>
>>6713528
You can't get Medicare? What is burger land?

>>6713528
You're going to have to drop the shame. It's like wearing a wet wedding dress. dress. You'll need to get out of that mindset. Hormones really do a lot.
>>
>>6713539
>Burgerland
America
>Medicare
Doesn't work that way. American public health care doesn't fund hormones for hrt without years of therapy first anyway

I'm not OP so just speculating but that's what I know
>>
>>6713528
I doubt it's you being unlikeable. Just don't look for friends where mean idiots are.
>>
>>6713510
>more sensible to such issues
fuck off

I'm a tranny and I don't care if people hate trannies as long as they're not trying to lynch me in the street.

People have a right to hate and say what they want.
>>
>>6713528
The feelings are making you feel about being transgender are toxic, and they are the source, though. Great friends and family members can be as toxic as an unrepentant jerk, and the fear of a possible rejection is further feeding the toxicity you're feeling. Personally, I would get into touch with an LGBT group for advice and support, or online in forums or an MMO before coming out. Maybe coming out to only one of them at first, and explaining your situation to them?
>>
It's because you're afraid they will confront you with the truth you know deep down but refuse to admit to yourself. That being a tranny is unnatural and you're destroying your life by going down this road. That you are too weak to address your problems and instead blame your body and society.
>>
File: 64522858.jpg (95KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
64522858.jpg
95KB, 800x450px
>>6717022
I think i look into groups in the area or something, hopefully i can get some help there...

>>6717578
pic related
>>
>>6717724
It comes with being in a group hated by society and you're stuck in a closet due to stigma. Like a Jew in WWII Germany, or an Irishman pretending to be Italian in an Italian mob in the Five Points.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.