[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are bisexuals so obsessed with the supposed problem of bi-erasure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

Why are bisexuals so obsessed with the supposed problem of bi-erasure and maintaining their social bi identity, when 99% of the time they end up living in straight relationships?
>>
which bi people? we occupy quite a few spots on the kinsey scale.
>>
>>6692795
It's like if there were a widespread belief that nobody actually likes blondes AND brunettes, or cake AND pie, or dogs AND cats, and that people who claim to like both are in denial or lying because they almost always end up settling down with one or the other.
It's not even a rights issue, it's just a stupid meme that needs to die.
>>
>>6692795
This is wrong tho. I'm only really interested in a gay relationship rn. In fact in most cases I just call myself gay. At the same time, I won't deny that the idea of fucking a girl is attractive to me. I also don't really have any interest in maintaining some sort of identity based on who I want to be with. It's pretty personal to me.

I assume there's plenty of other people like me and you're overlooking them because you're bitter and want to complain on the internet
>>
>>6694909
>I'm only really interested in a gay relationship rn. In fact in most cases I just call myself gay.

It's fuckheads like you that end up giving credence to "conversion therapy" (anon was gay, but now he fucks girls - change is possible!). Just admit that you're a bisexual degenerate and not a pure homosexual.
>>
>>6692795
But I don't think I will live in a straight relationship

I know I'll have a wandering eye and temptation for men still if I settle down with a girl, I'd love to settle down and have a nice normal family someday, but I just don't think that's possible
>>
>>6695460
Bisexual stereotype.

My only problem with bi-erasure is when people tell me to my face that I can't be bi, although that doesn't happen much anymore because I'm a woman and sometime in the last couple of years people started going "all girls are bi."
>>
File: paint 3.jpg (1MB, 4096x2731px) Image search: [Google]
paint 3.jpg
1MB, 4096x2731px
My Bi girlfriend refuses to call our relationship a lesbian relationship (To me a lesbian relationship is when two girls are together) And instead wants to call it a queer relationship.

Her reasoning is because she is not a lesbian (I am ) It is not a lesbian relationship.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>6695537
She's not wrong, I guess.
>>
>>6692795
They end up in straight relationships because that is the easiest and most comfortable thing to do in our society. If people were really accepting of all sexualities then they would probably end up in homosexual relationships roughly just as often.
>>
>>6692795
They don't want people to forget how special they are.
>>
>>6695537
She's probably gonna leave you for a dude, homie.
>>
>>6695537
My gf does the same thing. She doesn't call it queer though, just a relationship. When we first got together she lied and told some of her friends she had a bf because she was ashamed but we moved past that at least because it made me feel bad
>>
>>6695296
Bisexual has too many syllables and bi sounds like a trendy bullshit word. I'll stick with gay.
>>
>>6695620
But you're not gay, and if you date a girl and you told your friends you're gay, then you're going to have a problem.
>>
>>6695537
Soooooo... hypothetically speaking, if I'm a straight dude and my sig-other is a bisexual woman, does that mean I'm in a queer relationship too?
>>
>>6695572
I've been with a few like that and come up with the conclusion that if they, whatever they are , another girl,a guy ,drag queen,tranny, a horse, and they don't want to "name the relationship", or with some white like call it queer, they aren't invested enough in it, & in you, imo.
you need to be with someone who respects and loves you,as you do with them.
>>
>>6695571
I was presenting male when we met. She doesn't want a guy. She is quite clear about that. She loves me more than ever now <3
>>6695572
Even though I am trans she is still very proud to be with me, and never really said otherwise to people. Again when she told her mom, her mom's reaction wasn't to freak out about me being trans but to be shocked that she was "A Lesbian" #bierasure ? Also her being "a lesbian" made everything about her life up to now make sense to her parents lawl.

So I guess I get that she wants to call it just a queer relationship to try and help people get that she is bi.
>>
>>6695718
Yes.

When I was still presenting male, she used to worry her other queer friends would judge her because we were straight passing lawl. She would always rock lesbian plaid and stuff to try and make herself known to the other queer women.
>>
>>6695820
What if I'm a *cis* straight male? Same answer?
>>
>>6695844
Yep, same deal.
>>
>>6695718
>>6695820
I disagree. I am a cis bi male married to a woman, and it would be ridiculous to suggest our relationship is queer even if I were some sort of crossdressing fetishist or drag queen or even if she were bi too. As long as our genders present more or less in conformity with our cis identity, and we are monogamous, we are a "normal" hetero couple. And even if our "family" would expand in the future to include other lovers (I am polyamorous, but I still highly doubt this possibility), OUR relationship, between my wife and me, would still not be queer. Perhaps based on a polyamorous relationship status they might be queer, but I don't think so. A relationship is queer based on a non-hetero, non-cis, or perhaps non-pair status.
>>
>>6692795
Actually, 20% of bisexuals end up in homosexual relationships, which while underwhelming at first, means that bisexuals are 6.25 times more likely, on an individual level, due to male gays being a minority, especially in comparison to straight females.
t. autistic faggot
>>
where are you folks getting these statistics from?
asking for a friend
>>
>>6692795
'Cause it's fun, dammit!
>>
>>6698826
Bisexuals are 6.25 times more likely to end up with the same sex.
Pardon me of my errors.
>>
>>6698845

Bullshit land. Here's a more realistic one I made up too. "Bisexuals end up living in straight relationships like 50% of the time. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN!?"
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.