[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey closeted anons. When do you plan on coming out to your parents/peers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Hey closeted anons. When do you plan on coming out to your parents/peers? Do you ever plan on coming out to them?

My parents are christian, and I've tried my hardest to be straight passing all my life. They've always been super supportive of me, but they're also ... really homophobic. I really want to maintain a good & healthy relationship with them for the rest of their lives (and I'd even like for them to attend my wedding if I ever find the right guy).

I've always entertained the idea of waiting until I'm somewhat succesful/independent, and coming out to them with my boyfriend, but I feel like it's getting harder to keep my secret as time progresses (plus I'm pretty sure it's been fucking ober my mental health).

What about you, anon? When do you want to open the doors.
>>
>>6689138
>I've always entertained the idea of waiting until I'm somewhat succesful/independent
Do this and support yourself on your friends meanwhile
>>
>>6689138

My parents technically found out I'm gay when I was 18. My mom had a nervous breakdown and we went through a rough period. Then they sort of pretended it never happened and haven't asked about my love life again.

For some reason I've never had the balls to bring up the subject in the eight years since. It's a weird midpoint where they can't say they don't know, but it's also never discussed.

I feel like my mom has grown more accepting with time, but my dad will never be okay with it.
>>
>>6689138
I'm going to wait too, at least until I'll be independent and they couldn't force me to stay at home and go to some bullshit therapy (I'm studying in another city but really dependant on their support).

I think my mum would be utterly crushed by this, she was devastated when I told her I was an atheist, it was a really hard month, I think she didn't get over this at all though and never will. If it wasn't for this I think I would've snapped and told her or my dad already when the girlfriend talk happened but I'm too scared of their reaction.

I don't want to end my relationship with them even though we drifted apart a lot since the I-dont-believe thing. I don't want to gradually erode it either. There is no other way though, than waiting and maybe coming out when I'll be independent.
>>
I have a plan for coming out to my homophobic parents, but it's quite convoluted:
>Get into super prestigious university studying medicine
>Attain tall, smart, masculine, big (these features are required for the plan, as you will see later) bf before 1st December 2016; either at university or elsewhere
>Learn self defence at university
>Go home for winter holiday
>Take bf with me
>Parents: "Who's this anon, your friend?"
>Me: "Nope; it's my boyfriend."
>When they stat asking where they went wrong, tell me that I'm a terrible son, etc., guilt them by highlighting that I'm a med student in a really good university, and telling them that they should be grateful to have a son like me (I'm half-asian, so medical degrees are my parents' kryptonite (and I'm passionate about the subject too))
>When they start disapproving of my choice in partners, highlight that he's smart with good career prospects (they only value smarts), and is masculine, not campy
>Be prepared for parents to get violent
>Tall, big bf should have intimidating enough form to keep my manlet dad from attacking him
>Self-defence I learnt should keep me safe from attack
>Wear parents out if they get violent, then try to reason with them

That should minimise my chances of getting disowned and/or having to break up with my bf.
Will this work, legbutt-tachi?
>>
Probably never. The one time I was outed, everything turned to shit and I had to convince them I was straight. Either I wait until they die or when I can support myself and can afford cutting them out of my life completely.

>>6691193
I'm also Asian but I've diverged completely from their plan (dropped out of high school then went to study film instead of medicine), so I don't think they can handle yet another disappointment.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.