[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>First head transplant being performed in a month How lon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 10

File: 1446259503352.jpg (121KB, 630x631px) Image search: [Google]
1446259503352.jpg
121KB, 630x631px
>First head transplant being performed in a month
How long until this becomes applied to trans people and tmfs and ftms can switch?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3721986/Patient-set-undergo-world-s-human-head-transplant-says-Dr-Frankenstein-reveal-details-operation-month.html
>>
Even the most successful head transplant will lead to a quick death as long as we don't have a way to keep the body from attacking foreign body parts.

It could be possible theoretically to genetically engineer a female clone of your self then transplant your head to it but try passing that one through anyone with morals.
>>
>>6678221
This will be amazing if it can work, but honestly I'm not holding my breath. That being said, a lot of medical breakthroughs happened when everyone else said it was impossible.
>>
>>6678221

synthetic bodies that can support a human brain will probably be developed first

for a literal head transplant you need to find a way for the 'host body' to recognize the head, and if you wanted to actually control your body, you would then have to restore the nervous system

i don't know if we'll ever have the technology to restore millions of nerves
>>
>>6678221
>How long until this becomes applied to trans people and tmfs and ftms can switch?
The people who believe it will are pop-science-tier memelords who can't into the human body. If by some miracle it does work (it won't), the procedure is just too questionable to ever be performed again, especially on a casual basis. So the answer is 'never'.
>>
Even if it did work, have fun saving up loads of money for it. Also pretty sure if it worked they would only want to do it for disabled people not trannies
>>
File: 8zHlqOb.gif (335KB, 320x225px) Image search: [Google]
8zHlqOb.gif
335KB, 320x225px
>>6678221
>head gets put on a cis woman's body
>my jaw is still a cube
>brow sticks out like a caveman
>get clocked all the time
>>
>>6678278
You wouldn't need to restore the nerves. When you reattach a finger you get sensation back. And we can transplant eyes.
>>
>>6678221
It won't work.
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 500x280px
>>6678221
>yfw means that Andreja would use it to stop being a boy-girl thing And become some boring woman
>>
File: 1391239074918.png (157KB, 277x376px) Image search: [Google]
1391239074918.png
157KB, 277x376px
>spend millions of dollars on the greatest surgical marvel of medical science in history
>still have hon face
>>
>>6678221
I'd rather have a brain transplant swap. Screw my skull structure!
>>
>>6678311
Why can't anyone understand that if people were meant to fly, god would have given them wings?
>>
>>6678221
>surgery costs roughly $15 million
>surgery will most definitely fail

This will be ready for trans people in about 110 years, by my personal estimation
>>
>>6681882
Well I can wait that out since immortality is coming literally tomorrow
>>
>>6681322
>if people were meant to work in office buildings, god would have given them desk
Equally retarded logic for you
>>
>>6678221
lol it won't work. They're literally making a chimera and it's going to end so, so badly
>>
>>6681322

But we made airplanes and Yahweh gave us the intellectual faculties to do so. This is just the same - the development of technology to surpass physiological human limitations. Do you just refuse to ever board an airplane? I can imagine you holding that belief if you were a hyper-fundamentalist, but if that's the case, why are you even on 4chan? Coming on here is basically committing a sin by default.
>>
File: 1462034830868.png (49KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1462034830868.png
49KB, 380x380px
>>6678221
>trannies are going to start cutting off their own literal heads instead of just their penises

I sympathize with their plight, but I feel that this stuff is finally going too far.
>>
>>6681322
If it's possible within the laws of nature who is to say we weren't meant to do it? Don't be inane.
>>
>>6682151
>no argument just offended by the idea of bodily autonomy
>>
>>6679233
You have to start somewhere with any procedure
>>
>>6682373
>the idea of bodily autonomy

That sure is an interesting way of saying "chopping someone's head off".
>>
File: beetlejuice.jpg (207KB, 940x392px) Image search: [Google]
beetlejuice.jpg
207KB, 940x392px
>my head on an mtf's body
>>
>>6682151
Don't take this thread too fuckin' seriously m8

Transhumanism is a thing that don't really into trans issues except a little i guess
>>
>>6682386
Would you say a head transplant between consenting adults/organ donors is not a part of bodily autonomy? What exactly is the problem? (squeamishness is disqualified) Seems reactionary to me.
>>
>>6682413
This is why I'd prefer brain transplants. Plus MtFs tend to start out as good looking men desu
>>
File: FxmhEgi[1].jpg (60KB, 705x395px) Image search: [Google]
FxmhEgi[1].jpg
60KB, 705x395px
You've been in a coma for quite some time
>>
File: Sergio-Canavero[1].jpg (28KB, 643x362px) Image search: [Google]
Sergio-Canavero[1].jpg
28KB, 643x362px
>>6682469
Yes, yes. I know. You'd like to know how long.
I'm afraid it's been...
>>
>>6682476
...nine years.
>>
>>6681897
Source? I can't imagine this being legal for long so if it is coming soon then I want to get in first
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.