[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't get a job, it's almost as though it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1404435664388.gif (456KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
1404435664388.gif
456KB, 500x382px
I can't get a job, it's almost as though it's physically impossible for me to find one, even though I have a university degree and some bit of experience. It's not as though what I apply to is high-end or prestigious, just lowly shit like office clerk, admin. assistant, cashier, etc.

How the fuck can I ever hope to be in a relationship when I don't have a job and don't have money to move out of my parents'??
>>
>>6669305
Why the fuck are you applying to that shit when you have a degree?
Why did you waste time getting a degree when you were just going to do shit jobs anyway?
>>
>>6674071
>Why the fuck are you applying to that shit when you have a degree?

Because the requirements for everything else are ridiculously high. Usually along the lines of "[this position] requires a Bachelor's Degree plus 5 years of experience..." I already said I can't even obtain a menial job, what makes you think I could get a 'good' job? I applied to nothing but 'good' jobs after I graduated, and I spent 8 months as a NEET before I forced myself to apply for a shitty office job...

>Why did you waste time getting a degree when you were just going to do shit jobs anyway?

everyone says they're the key to success. It's a lie of course, but you don't know that when you're in high school and your parents and teachers and friends all tell you it's what you *have* to do.
>>
File: real vampire hours who 7up.gif (805KB, 480x291px) Image search: [Google]
real vampire hours who 7up.gif
805KB, 480x291px
>>6669305
>How the fuck can I ever hope to be in a relationship when I don't have a job and don't have money to move out of my parents'??
I somehow got a serious relationship as an ugly closet semi-trans (but out to potential partners) neet highschool dropout, never managed to repeat that feat again though

If you're into men try targeting people in similar financial situations or betas with shit selfesteem, chances are they won't actually mind as long as they like the rest of you, the guy I was with (perfectly average) still thinks I only dated him out of pity and am probably lying about liking him, that nerd
>>
>>6674272
>Because the requirements for everything else are ridiculously high. Usually along the lines of "[this position] requires a Bachelor's Degree plus 5 years of experience..."
Say thanks to baby boomers
>>
>>6669305
Look... I've been hiring people for 30 years and here's what I see.

#1 - you sound desperate and if you carry that to an interview I just won't hire you.

#2 - I'm not going to hire someone with a college degree to be a cashier. You're just going to keep looking for another job and leave me hanging when you find it.

#3 - Conversely I'm not going to hire you for a job that requires someone with experience if you don't have it.

So where does that leave you? You have to target your job search at jobs where you fit, where you aren't overqualified nor underqualified.

Having said that, if you REALLY REALLY need a job, don't mention your degree and find that cashier job.

What is your degree in?
>>
>>6678895
>you sound desperate and if you carry that to an interview I just won't hire you.

This is 4chan, not an interview.

>What is your degree in?

Public Administration
>>
Just lie about your education. HR managers and recruiters are retarded and they seek to eliminate employees, not hire them. Don't feel too bad about lying them.
>>
>>6678895
Yes because people who need jobs to buy food are just cucks. They should go starve to death in an alley somewhere in a pool of their own salty tears instead of in front of me because desperation isn't pretty. I'm too important of a person to waste my time with desperate people.
>>
>>6678895
ITT: An infectious parasite rears its ugly head under the guise of giving advice.
>>
Keep in mind OP that real unemployment is ~23% at this time. It's not unheard of to be able to find a job right now. BLS statistics are lies to help the politicians prevent mass chaos and panic. I'm sorry you've had such raw luck and I hope things get better.
>>
http://wolfstreet.com/2016/08/05/per-capita-job-growth-employment-population-ratio/
>>
>>6678895
Why don't you die already boomer scum? You've ruined enough
>>
>>6682183
Kek
>>
>>6678847
They should just put a notice saying only illegals and H1Bs need apply.
>>
>>6682278
That doesn't happen and is very illegal anon
Your just lazy looking to blame immigrants for you're flaws
>>
>>6669305
>>>6682278
>That doesn't happen and is very illegal anon
Haha haha haha haha. Top kek. There are organizations out there with lawyers telling corporations how to get around the rules. Video on YouTube.
>Your just lazy looking to blame immigrants for you're flaws
No. I'm not. :)
>>
>>6681577
I still feel bad, because it just feels wrong being a NEET - I'm not 'living', because in the end, one needs money to do anything and everything.
>>
>>6682289
If you don't have a job your not trying hard enough. Companies are desperately in lack of talent
>>
>>6683525
Get fucked.
>>
>>6683525
STOP LYING
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.