[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you guys keep adding letters to this? How's a normie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: LGBTQIA.jpg (67KB, 1440x400px) Image search: [Google]
LGBTQIA.jpg
67KB, 1440x400px
Why do you guys keep adding letters to this? How's a normie supposed to keep up?
>>
>>6649312
Hey, if it were up to me, gay men would Go Their Own Way and cut the others loose. They're nothing but dead weight.
>>
>>6649312
We don't. Fuck off
>>
>>6649356
most people I see on twitter have for sure added at least a Q and sometimes an A
>>
The Q actually covers the first four letters and renders them redundant. It should just be QIA at this point.

Although, one wonders if intersex people even want to be associated with us, given that our disorders are mental and theirs are physical. It's also questionable if "allies" really need to be included too.
>>
>>6649360
>twitter
>>
>>6649312
I just use LGBT
Could see myself adding a Q though
>>
epin strawman, even radical tumblr type people are reacting against any attempt to add letters beyond the initial "LGBT" these days.

Those letters cover just about everything except intersex people, but their issues aren't completely related to ours so they shouldn't be included unless it's relevant to the context. If asexual people are cishet they shouldn't be included, even tumblr agrees these days. If they're not cishet then they're already included.
>>
Should be GSM for Gender and Sexual Minorities desu.

But in the states it looks like LGBTQ is the PC way according to the DNC recently. And I'm Canada it's LGBTQ2+ because you have to pander to Natives in a way that doesn't address any of their really problems.
>>
>>6649720
>Should be GSM for Gender and Sexual Minorities desu.

The problem with this is that it includes people who shouldn't be included. Where's the line drawn for what a "sexual minority" is? Is someone into BDSM a "sexual minority"? A lot of them do try to include themselves in this kind of stuff. Is a pedophile a "sexual minority"?

LGBT covers everything that needs to be covered.
>>
>>6649720
>Q2+
Your people make no sense, just pick a gender/sexuality and make life simple for everyone
>>
>>6649312
We're not adding letters. Outsiders are trying to tack themselves onto us, because they want victim status.
>>
>>6649748
Doesn't really matter whether any specific group is to be included or not because as soon as you recognize that the identities and conditions that people live with aren't as clear cut as to fit into a small number of discrete categories the term becomes clearly useful. And let's face it, once the mechanics of all this shit comes to bear it's not like anything in the form of QUILTBAG-esque labels will have any biological or scientific basis. We should unify while the culture is still fluid under one definitive and singular label that is unchanging and held valid on its own ground.
>>
>>6649768
2 is short for two-spirited, which was a social role for some men in many native societies (but not all) throughout Northern America in some periods of time (but not immemorial) with varying definitions and purposes. Not at all applicable to the modern LGBT movement but since it's native and it somehow benda traditional gender roles if you don't know anything it needs to be included. The + is for everything else because something needed to be added after the 2 that wasnt a letter to make it look less explicitely like pandering directly to the native community and the far left.
>>
>>6649312
>Anything other than LGBT
>>
What is 'Q'
Queer, right? Is that just a catch all?
If it is a catch all why use lgbt at all? That's four syllables guys, actually a mouthful when most descriptors are 1-2. It doesn't even roll off the tongue, its an awkward acronym to say. If it wasn't commonplace it would just sound precocious.
>>
>>6649773
>muh bi erasure

I don't have a problem with say pansexuals, asexuals. or sapiosexuals having whatever events and parade floats they want and even doing whatever they want to raise awareness, but lgbt is descriptive for legal reasons. Lgbt people are actively discriminated against and political legal recourse is necessary for lgbt to have the same protections other minorities have.
There isn't political action necessary for asexuals and the panorama of sexualities out there, just social action. Its definitely helpful for people to know what asexual is, but no one's losing their job because of it ya know.
>>
>Q
Redundant

>I
I can actually understand why this is included sometimes.

>A
No.
>>
>>6649312
I just use LGBT. Maybe a + if I feel like it.
I really hate that queer has been deemed an OK word to use now. I live in the South, it's still an insult in the eyes of many people. It's like if LGBTF became the new acronym.
>>
LGB is suffice
trans people are just sick queer attention whores
>>
>>6650019

>Anything other than G
>>
>>6649312
WE don't. Look at the name of the board you're on.
>>
>>6649312
Shit I'll bring up your concerns at the next meeting of the homos, I apologize to have offended your normie sentiments :(((
>>
>>6649312
>you guys

Don't look at me, I stay far away from "the community"
>>
>>6649404
Trans isn't an orientation.
Q covers only the first three and also lots of the snowflake fags.
QTA would be best, since intersex seems out of place.
>>
>>6649312
Every special snowflake needs to be included. We should just make it LGBTR.

>Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual, Retarded
>>
>>6649312
Honestly, when in friendly company I jokingly refer to it as "LGBTBBQ", just because of how ridiculous some of these new letters are (fucking two spirit, really?), and all the snowflake/oppression olympics shit.
>>
>>6649404
A is for asexual, not ally.
>>
>>6649312
I don't even keep up, but I'm getting older and could care less about other peoples problems.
>>
we should just keep it LGBT let the special snowflakes fag make their own group
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.