[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dear queerfolk, Why bother? Everyone has sex. It's always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

Dear queerfolk,

Why bother? Everyone has sex. It's always slimy and intimate and personal and, above all, it's always nobody else's business.

So why do you let your sexuality be such a large part of your identity?

I was raised in a household where gender didn't mean anything. No expectations, no pressure, and no roles to fill. This doesn't mean I was privileged. It means I was raised without adopting this huge time-wasting conflict that all of you got hung up on and which you force on other people like a religion.

All that being said, I still believe that every individual is as free as they want to be and is fully welcome to do whatever they damn well please, so go ahead and be queer about it if you want.
>>
Fuck off, Christcuck
>>
>>6648658
This is irrelevant
>>
>>6648658
I'm not exactly Christian, and I'm not exactly straight either. I probably have more interpersonal experience with queer people than you think.
>>
File: 1462330859019.jpg (14KB, 220x200px) Image search: [Google]
1462330859019.jpg
14KB, 220x200px
>>6648605
Who the fuck even makes those threads? Trolls? Because I can't see people actually believing that garbage about "sexuality being a large part of our identity".
>>
Actually many countries already handle sexuality that way. Be how you are, act how you want, be whatever sexuality, but no one seriously gives a fuck.

It's only really in christ-dominated nations where this oppression of sex in general occurs, and people are forced to be out of the closet otherwise they can't actually be themselves.
>>
>>6648762
I mean...this whole board exists? and people change their lives and go to parades and have entire subcultures based upon being lgbtq?

If you believe that it's not that big a deal, then you'd never have to come out at all.
>>
>>6648762
those people don't read threads here, anyways
>>
>>6648605
>I was raised in a household where gender didn't mean anything
Did Tumblr raised you?
>>
>why do you let your sexuality be such a large part of your identity?
Rule of thumb is that it's other people who make it our sole defining characteristic, up to the point where they introduce you as "the gay guy".
Even if you never mention your sexuality you still lose since you'll be the "he's still in the closet" guy.

The only winning move is by literally not having other human beings to speak to.
>>
>>6648783
the world isn't perfect m8
>>
>>6648783
This whole board exists because there are numerous issues and subjects which are exclusive to lgbt people, such as homophobes, laws, politics, dating advice, relationship with friends/family and so on. We have a board about cooking but you sure as hell don't go there to ask why people there base their entire lives around food.
>>
>>6648793
>there are numerous issues and subjects which are exclusive to lgbt people
Even simpler than that.
Other boards simply don't want our crap.
>>
>>6648788
>Even if you never mention your sexuality you still lose since you'll be the "he's still in the closet" guy.
sounds like you hang around awful people
>>
>>6648811
this pretty much lmao
its also why majority of other boards exist
>>
>>6648815
Well no.
It's the consequence of living in a world where you must be "open" about your sexuality.
>>
>>6648850
Nah, this is the problem. It's wrong to think that the world or "the system" is against you when the truth is just that individuals can be rude.
>>
>>6648793
I'm saying that those issues are not exclusive to lgbt people. People will find any reason to be an asshole, so thinking that your sexual preference makes you different is erroneous. And any dating advice, relationships, laws and politics are influential on a individual scale because no one's life is the same as another.
>>
>>6648850
Nah. I'm closeted, yet none of the people close to me refer to me as "the one that's in the closet" or some other similar remark. Even the ones that know, they don't pull that shit. I respect them, they respect me. If they were to put me into any single box, it would be the nerd box. But I don't blame them or "the world" for this, as human beings we generally love boxes, it makes us quite comfortable, and they're just easier to deal with.

Have you told your friends who refer to you as such, that you don't like it?
>>
>>6648887
>the truth is just that individuals can be rude.
This has nothing to do with individuals.
>>
>>6648928
lol
you're trolling, right?
>>
File: I'm bursting with joy.jpg (29KB, 500x325px) Image search: [Google]
I'm bursting with joy.jpg
29KB, 500x325px
>>6648914
>those issues are not exclusive to lgbt people
Alright I'll bite the bait
>Gay people have to first determine if the person they are attracted to is or not gay or bisexual before even thinking about making a move or knowing if the attraction is reciprocated
>families still disown gays and trannies
>homophobes
>laws regarding same sex marriage, adoption, benefits of shared household that distinguish between same sex and straight couples
>coming out making interaction with friends more awkward or outright losing friends because of this
How do straight people have to deal with this in any way?

>people will find any reason to be an asshole
That's a stupid non-argument, we have to deal with every single problem that any normal person has to face IN ADDITION to those that exclusive to us.
>>
>>6648941
>I don't understand. This must be a troll
I have a feeling you don't even belong here if such a simple concept eludes you.
>>
File: 1451204211695.gif (2MB, 300x290px) Image search: [Google]
1451204211695.gif
2MB, 300x290px
>>6648887
anon i hope you are trolling because if this actually what you think you must be a little retarded. First of all you do realize same sex marriage only became legal everywhere in the US in 2015?? Secondly I'm sure you have at least read or heard about some of the transphobic bathroom laws that are being passed in North Carolina, and these two examples are just limited to the United States, don't even get me started on the numerous countries where Homosexuality is illegal/ punishable by death. But yeah anon i guess you are right, its not the "system" thats against lgbt people its just a few individuals here and there. If you can't understand why a group of people being oppressed/ostracized/killed/treated as second class citizens wouldn't congregate together in an attempt to fight for equal treatment/ share solidarity then you are a completely hopeless waste of space.
>>
>>6648605
Drink bleach and die Cishet
>>
>>6648949
Here's how I see it. I can do absolutely anything I want because I'm totally free. Just like you. But I don't draw myself into any boxes, and I don't pick up any unnecessary causes. This keeps me free.

This means
>I don't care about gay or bisexual. The desire to have sex with someone is much more than this.
>It's always entirely different for every single individual I've ever met.

>I don't identify as gay so I never have to deal with what family thinks.

>I see traditional marriage as an incentive for making more babies, and I think it's fine to treat my friends and my homosexual lovers the same way in a legal setting.

>coming out is only a ritual. don't do it. just do what you want.

>homophobes usually have to be provoked
>anyway if I'm ever insulted I just laugh it off and go back to my own life.

The error is in identifying yourself as queer. You can still do whatever you want if you just avoid the label. don't let gender definitions trip you up you're already free.
>>
>>6649066
such a simple mind you have.
>>
>>6648955
dubs checked
Everything is individual. If you don't think so, then you're prejudiced.

Of course, you have to try to rely some information from first impressions, but if you don't see individuals as individuals, then you will never adapt. More importantly, you may even provoke a problem by believing one exists when it actually doesn't.
>>
>>6649086
only when it comes to love.
no reason to complicate such a simple thing.
>>
File: Michelangelo_Bacchus.jpg (247KB, 577x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Michelangelo_Bacchus.jpg
247KB, 577x1000px
Did people stop replying because they realized I have a point?
>>
>>6649066
What you are saying is that because you don't face certain problems you don't believe those problems exist.

All those problems I said exist, society fucks up gay people all the time.
>>
>>6649159
You be posting in a troll thread.
>>
>>6649170
Which is what I pointed out here >>6648762
>>
>>6649172
Yeah I read that.
>>
>>6649159
No, what I'm saying is that the problems don't exist unless you let them. You choose to suffer by participating in the conflict.
>>
>>6649170
It's not a troll thread. I actually want to discuss this stuff and I'm not trying to flame.

>I believe I have a good point that could help some people in the same way it has helped me
>>
>>6649066
Wow! I never thought about it that way. I didn't know that people (friends and family) will just call me by my preferred name, know that I'm male and weird shit isn't just happening to my body due to hormones OR bother to ask, no one will ask why I decided to start changing how I present, have to tell my partners that I'm trans before I'm intimate with them... And I've been feeling all this stress at coming out the whole time I've been trans for no reason. Wow! Thanks! It's not like being trans impacts literally every important thing in my life.

>if this is b8, u got me m8, good job
>if it was just you who had this opinion, I wouldn't be so mad, but I've had friends say this kind of shit to my face and I'm tired of it.

This isn't even close to being a big part of me, but all the shit I have to navigate makes it an important one. I don't even participate in gay culture, go to pride parades or whatever. I just want people to see me as a normal guy, but people never will. And that sucks.
>>
>>6649220
>I actually want to discuss this stuff
Your naive new age internet philosophy?
Ahahahahahaha
>>
>>6649239
dismissing my perspective? who's the troll here?
>>
>>6649230
this. you are the problem.
>you think that something is wrong with you when there's not.
>you think you have to change to be happy.
>you think you have to be called by a different name than the one you're given.
>you think changing your gender will solve any problem at all
>you have all of this stress about coming out because you think you have to come out.

if being trans affects every important thing in your life then you need to find more important things to worry about.

do you understand how I see it? my real question is why? of all the things that could make you happy, why do you choose do navigate all of this shit? normal isn't a real thing btw
>>
>>6649259
post shit get shit.
Thus far all I've seen in this thread from you is ignorance and a refusal to consider being wrong.
Which you are.
That and your views are so dreadfully simple minded that there's nothing to discuss.
>>
>>6649280
you add nothing. you say nothing of substance. you are not discouraging me. calling me simple is the same as telling me you haven't made the effort to consider my stance, which means you're flaming. i tell you now: you do not phase me, so you would spend your time more efficiently anywhere else but here. unless you choose to participate, of course.
>>
>>6649280
ask me a question. i dare you. if you think i'm a lunatic, check. ask me anything.
>>
>>6648605
lmao it's other people that make your sexuality such a big deal you delusional retard.
>>
>>6649279
Are you saying that getting a name change, changing your gender marker, going through therapy and getting hormones, getting new clothes, going through various surgeries aren't important or big life changes? Nothing happens in a bubble man. It's not like you can just take hormones or change the way you dress and present and not have people ask questions. I tried doing that with my family and it didn't work, so I was forced to come out to my family when my mom noticed that I was binding. And now she knows why I do those things, and she adjusts the way she says things to me, and it's fine.

And I chose to navigate all this shit because being a girl makes me want to kill myself and gives me anxiety. Being and presenting masculinely does not and makes me feel better. Simple as that. Honestly coming out doesn't have to be a big deal - never has been for me. It's not some kind of giant ritual, it's just been "hey, I want to be called <name> now and I'm trans. If you have any questions, then feel free to ask." And it doesn't come up again, because it's just not a big deal and people understand why I've started presenting differently.

And I do understand where you're coming from, because I used to think like you. But then I actually started to go through all this shit when I decided to live my life in a way that would make me happy, and I encountered all this stuff I didn't even think about.
>>
>>6649212
Some of those conflicts are imposed on you, nobody chooses to not be able to marry or to be bashed because you were holding your partner's hand in public
>>
>>6648605
I was raised in a household where appearances were more important than reality
Stop sitting like a girl
Stop walking like a girl
When are you going to get a girlfriend
What happened to the last one
You're the end of the family name
where are my grandchildren
Don't you like girls
Don't you like sports
Be more like your brother

On and on and on
Now I'm the miserable and hateful one and they don't have the presence of mind to realize that they did this to me

Why don't you come home for dinner
You're never around to talk to
The only time we have is shouting
Grow up
Learn to take responsibility
It's time for you to be an adult
Get a job
I need you to do something tomorrow and it's going to take all day
I couldn't tell you any other time because you weren't home
We have to talk
I'm going to make a contract for living here

I want to punch a wall and break my hand because I can't imagine any other way to get them off my case when I've been turned down for working at basically every business in town and several out of town
>>
>>6649154
You seem to forget, or plainly ignore, many things.

First, while you were raised in a home where sexuality and gender were practically meaningless, this is not the case for most.
On the same vein, what we mean by system is that, certain cultures dislike and discriminate against LGBT people (such as, South America, the Bible Belt, Eastern Europe, and many more parts of the globe), and also how it can extend to the federal level, as seen in many Islamic theocracies (Saudi Arabia, Iran, and many more), so of course, we know that everyone is an individual, however, those individuals, through SYSTEMS, such as government or their social habits, encourage and discourage certain behaviours and traits.
>>
>>6648793
m00t literally admitted this was a containment board. /lgbt/ was created because it was shitting up /r9k/ back when he cared about it.
>>
>>6663534
>>6649154
Not only that your response to the ftm in this thread indicates (correct me if I'm wrongly assuming something) that you think that, somehow, through simple thought, you could "cure" gender dysphoria by simply thinking positively.
To give you a good point of reference, that'd be like attempting to cure clinical depression, or more accurately, sociopathy or schizophrenia by thinking positive, trying really hard to feel empathy and shouting at the patient their identity respectively, which would be quite useless.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.