[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My gender therapist is trying to push a sort of feminist ideology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: 1375830024294.jpg (69KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1375830024294.jpg
69KB, 300x300px
My gender therapist is trying to push a sort of feminist ideology on me, including the belief that gender is a social construct, and that I'm genderfluid. In reality, I'm just a trans girl. What do I do to get through it and just get a sign off on the mones?

Apologies if the format is off in this post, or if it's against rules, I'm stuck on shitty mobile. Thanks ahead of time
>>
>>6612460
They're totally right that gender is a social construct but so is "genderfluid" and that's an even more retarded label

You need to tell them that you have SEX DYSPHORIA i.e. you're uncomfortable about your physical characteristics and would benefit significantly from going on HRT.
Just keep stressing that point without resorting to "but I'm a real wimmenz!", and keep the conversation surrounded on your physical appearance and desires. Hopefully they will approve you for HRT eventually, and then you can discuss all that bullshit about 'gender identification'
>>
>>6612553
That sounds like a good idea, and sums up the issue well. Thanks, anon
>>
>>6612460
Where'd you find the therapist? Doesn't sound very trans friendly to me, maybe you should try another?
>>
>>6612553
Pretty much this. Don't argue with her ideology because its right and make sure to play by her rules if you want any hope of getting hormones. The best you can do is appeal to her sense of pity because that's a totally healthy and reasonable thing to do with a therapist...

. ..Or you can stop wasting money on this self-righteous, condescending cunt and self med or find an informed consent clinic...

Seriously tho. This kind of shit is why i hate therapists and the majority of MHPs.
>>
>>6614035
Ditto, average age of psych patients approved for hrt is over 35. Literally only old hons do things their way and they're biased against younger patients.
Ignore >>6612553 and their hon route plan.

Just get the meds IC and save thousands in psych. You can buy a therapist later if you want but they'll have no leverage for dictating who you are then.
>>
Why go to a therapist if you don't trust their criteria?
>>
>>6614093
Also remember that since you're therapist has some radical feminist leanings, she likely sympathizes with "gender critical" radfems or TERFs to some degree. That makes her one of the last people you want to depend on for emotional counseling because she very likely has some negative bias for binary trans people, especially trans women. I fully expect her to eventually meander and softly lecture you about your male privilege and socialization when a relevant topic comes up.

Unless you live in a European shithole where you have no other option but to play by their bullshit rules to be approved for HRT, you should drop her like a hot potato and either find a better therapist, self med, or do informed consent. Fuck that bullshit.
>>
>>6614116
Because therapists are human and prone to bias, especially on a topic that is so full of different perspectives and opinions. Just because they are professionals does not make them correct and they may or may not know what's good for you
>>
>>6612460
Can you give us the name of this therapist, so, in case of extreme coincidence, we don't end up with them?
>>
>>6612553
>They're totally right that gender is a social construct

This is beyond ridiculous.

Do you people really believe this? If gender is purely a social construct, then how could you possibly claim that you have a female brain in a male body?

I'm serious about this - do you people actually, unironically believe that there is no inherent biological difference between the brains of males and females?
>>
>gender a social construct
>genderfluid
which one is it?????
holy shit
>>
>>6615745
Some trannies really do think that, but I personally don't. I never claim that I have a female brain in a male body

Inherent biological difference does not imply 'gender' exists, only a pattern of characteristics which we arbitrarily decide is male or female based on averages
>>
File: 4d16entGD1r5jtugo1_500.jpg (22KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
4d16entGD1r5jtugo1_500.jpg
22KB, 500x285px
>gender is a social construct
>you're genderfluid

those two ideas conflict each other so much. If it's a social construct, how can you flip back and forth? There have even been tests showing that female and male brains behave differently as well and genderfluid brain's will flip between those differences.
>>
>>6615745
>I'm posting in transgender discussion threads
>I don't know the difference between sex and gender

Language is also a social construct, Beavis. Does that mean that words don't exist?
>>
>>6615755
>I never claim that I have a female brain in a male body

So what do you claim then? Why do you want to be a woman?

What about the studies that supposedly show that trans female's brains more closely resemble cis female brains than cis male brains?
>>
>>6615777
Listen, you chrsttripping faggot, I understand the difference between sex and gender as you sociology majors define it - believe me. Maybe your reading comprehension is off, because my question makes sense. If gender is "purely" a social construct, that implies that there are NO biological differences in the brains of men and women, which is horseshit. In order for "gender" to even exist, it HAD to spring from these biological differences.
>>
>>6615779
>So what do you claim then?
I don't make any claims about my gender because the only point of doing it is to signal how you want other people to perceive you. They're gonna decide how to do it based on my appearance regardless so I just don't really care

>Why do you want to be a woman?
I prefer my body to look feminine, I don't actually want to be treated like a woman in most cases

>What about the studies that supposedly show that trans female's brains more closely resemble cis female brains than cis male brains?
Again, 'male' and 'female' brains aren't really a thing, they're just averages of various characteristics we can measure in a few specific areas in the brain. Literally everyone has a mix of these characteristics and there is a lot of overlap between men and women in most brain structures
>>
>>6615801
>'male' and 'female' genitals aren't really a thing

You see how that makes no sense? There are clear differences in the biological features of men and women on nearly every organ level, from bone to muscle to skin. Yet the brain is immune to this? I know it's based on averages - everything is. That clearly explains transgender individuals as far as I'm concerned - someone who's brain is, on average, closer to that of a cis female. This is ALL rooted in biology, which makes the idea of gender being purely a social construct ridiculous, as all of the ideas that create what we define gender as come directly from biology.
>>
>>6615801
the SDN is very clearly female or male in every human
>>
>>6615855
>You see how that makes no sense? There are clear differences in the biological features of men and women on nearly every organ level, from bone to muscle to skin. Yet the ear is immune to this? I know it's based on averages - everything is. That clearly explains transgender individuals as far as I'm concerned - someone who's ears are, on average, closer to those of a cis female. This is ALL rooted in biology, which makes the idea of gender being purely a social construct ridiculous, as all of the ideas that create what we define gender as come directly from biology.
>>
>>6615860
Where do femboys fall into it?
>>
>>6615860
what's an SDN?
>>
>>6615855
>as all of the ideas that create what we define gender as come directly from biology.
There's plenty of ideas of what we consider to be 'gender' which are purely subjective such as styles and colours of clothing and other such preferences.
Behavior driven by neurophysiology exists innately but there is significant overlap between the sexes. The socialization we receive exacerbates these differences which we then perceive as 'gender', even though it is only loosely related to biological sex. The most significant differences that exist between the sexes is sexual behavior and preference (which have plenty of variation, some 15-20% of men are sexually submissive), most other differences we see have lots of overlap, vary between cultures, etc

It's kind of like the arguments for race being a social construct. It is clearly based on genetic differences but they can only be defined arbitrarily based on groups of characteristics, with significant overlap existing between races.

>>6615903
IIRC all men (including trannies) have a mostly male pattern SDN prior to HRT
>>
>>6615798
I would recommend taking a course in logic and argumentation or something like that, desu. Your conclusion does not follow from your premises. If your question makes sense, then I'll ask you to explain it: how is it that gender (the array of social enactments of behavior associated with physical sex) being constructed socially in any way refutes the notion that humans (and other animals) have sexual differences?

If you're confused, then that is a good thing, as I think that means you understand what you're trying to say.
>>
>>6615939
I thought gay men had a smaller INAH3, similar to women
>>
>>6616028
Smaller sizes but more densely packed neurons, for a total amount that is similar to hetero males.
The notion that gay men have female sexual dimorphic structures is kinda outdated and is only true in specific cases and conditions

I'm not an expert by any means so you should do your own research
>>
>>6615875
>comparing the ear to the human brain - literally the organ responsible for all thought and behavior as we know it

literally kill yourself, you false equivalency spouting idiot.
>>
>>6615939
You're kinda stupid and I'm not even trans here but it's well known that hormones especially during pregnancy dictate proteins controlling structure. Extremes of exposure will set life long constraints on what becomes what. Look up RORA.

It's Cohens theory and there's no shortage of genetics and biochem proving it. Pseudoscience like Social psych doesn't negate that.
>>
>>6616086
>____ body part is differentiated by sex therefore all body parts are differentiated by sex
whew lad top argument 2016
>>
>>6616296
It's developmental proteins like rora are expressed based on hormones
>>
>>6616296
Wow, really? That's what you gleaned from that? That's the logical conclusion you came to? Jesus Christ, I give up.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.