[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>decide to watch trans movies etc. to try and accept my identity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: danishgirl1-xlarge.jpg (75KB, 1280x721px) Image search: [Google]
danishgirl1-xlarge.jpg
75KB, 1280x721px
>decide to watch trans movies etc. to try and accept my identity and process some emotional stuff etc.
>a few hours in, end up a nervous mess of anxiety, triggered-ness on account of cis male actors passing better than I ever will, cringe at thoughts of me in girlmode and at what I'm watching and just general ill feeling and panic

anyone else know this feel? I want to be okay with being a trans girl and if possible to be okay with looking trans but all I feel when I try to confront it is overwhelming vulnerability, fear, disgust and self-victimising schadenfreude.
>>
>>6607169

How did you get your hands on the movie?
>>
>>6607169
What movies were those?
>>
Whenever I get forced to watch ttrans theme stuff I can do it in 5min bursts with breaks.

If I have to watch it straight my brain completely shutsdown.
It's not so much the content its too emotionally taxing for me, espessially when half of it is propergating ideas for the masses its aimed at.
>>
>>6607200
oh The Danish Girl wasn't one of them I just know it's a good example of what I'm talking about
>>
>>6607230
what are some examples then
>>
>>6607238
Paris Is Burning, Billy Elliot, Breakfast On Pluto, various episodes of various TV shows it occasionally comes up in, (spoiler alert) Filth, the Louis Theroux doc on trans kids, that one Arcade Fire music video, etc. lots of different stuff
>>
File: 1468348696492.png (93KB, 526x300px) Image search: [Google]
1468348696492.png
93KB, 526x300px
>>6607169
OP, you cry because a bio male, chosen among thousands of others as the one with the best andro/feminine potential, was allowed to spend hours in front of a camera and have only the best passing clips presented in a simple, glossy, filtered unrealistic presentation of a story. It has nothing to do with passing, reality or actual transpeople
>>
>>6607169
>cis male actors passing better than I ever will
consider that those actors were treated by proffesional makeup artists and filmed by proffesional cameramen. You only get to see a thin, carefully selected slice of an actor whereas you see yourself as a whole, completely uncensored. You're comparing yourself at your worst to an actor at his best.
>>
>>6607169
>on account of cis male actors
cis male actors with professional make up artists to assist them
>>
>>6607169
That's why i don't watch anything with trans people in it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.