[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm a trans girl in the middle of a bumfuck nowhere city

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (149KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149KB, 660x495px
So I'm a trans girl in the middle of a bumfuck nowhere city in England (Worcester, pic related) - there's no support group for trans people here and the nearest GIC is over two hours away. Does anyone have any tips on what I should do to get any kind of help in this situation?
>>
Refer yourself or ask your GP to refer you to London Charing Cross. Leeds has the longest waiting times (3-4 years) whereas Charing Cross is more like a year.

The best way is to go private. I made an appointment with GenderCare this time last year and now I'm 8 months into hrt
>>
>>6606447
I'd go private in a heartbeat but unfortunately I'm way too fucking poor and so is my family. Even the transit to London would kill what little money we had, for one trip.
>>
>>6606464

For what it's worth, Ive heard Charing Cross can pay travel costs if you ask nicely enough?

No idea if that's true or not.
>>
>>6606431
>middle of a bumfuck nowhere city in England

England's like 30 square miles, just walk to the next town
>>
>>6606431
Fucking rough senpai, I started in the same situation. If you can spare £40 a month you should be able to self-med, which should be your priority.

If you're not already aware, the best site for UK people is qhi.co.uk. Go to their full product index (easier to find stuff) and buy two packs of cyproterone and 3 packs of progynova. Postage takes a couple of weeks. That much should last you 3 months. Take 50mg cypro and 4mg progynova a day. You *must* start HRT as soon as possible or you'll be beating yourself up for the rest of your life with regret, it's an extremely common and sad thing you'll see on here.

Search for small, computer-based jobs on Craigslist and other sites, even one-offs, anything you can to earn a little extra money. If your parents are supportive see if they can put anything aside to help at all. £130 for about 3 months HRT (including postage) is only about the same as a week's worth of shopping for 3-4 people.

Don't rely on IRL trans group meetings and suchlike for support, especially early in transition you'll probably just feel awkward and anxious. If you have supportive friends they can often be the best support network to have. You should see if there's any free counselling projects for youth in your city, though I know distance might make things difficult for you.

But seriously, self-med and do it as soon as you can. It'll be the best decision you've ever made in your life, seriously.

Also, if you're young and/or think you're able to, move to Bristol, Brighton or Norwich. They're the most progressive cities in the country and good environments for struggling LGBT youth. A good environment will be key to your mental health while transitioning.
>>
>>6606464
I got second job and moved back with my parents just to afford the appointments and trains to London. Gotta do whatever it takes t b h
>>
Also don't make your entire personality and life about transitioning, that's a fast track to depression. Keep at any hobbies you have and define your success and your worth through those rather than how well you pass. Just keep making progression doing little things to do with transition and keep popping the pills while also living as much of an ordinary and structured life as you can. It's easy to get sucked into the rabbit hole of trans timelines and /mtfg/ tier lists and the soap opera of trans communities but at the end of the day, you are still the person you were before transition, just working on some issues, still a whole person who needs a varied and complete lifestyle to be mentally well.
>>
>>6606577
excellent advice right here.
>>
and yeah it does seem there ARE free counselling services for young people in Worcester, they won't be gender therapists but if you find general stress, depression and anxiety etc. mounting as you make efforts in transition then this sort of stuff should be useful to you, if you can travel to it.

http://www.newtonfarmcommunity.com/projects/free-counselling/
>>
>>6606464
oh and if you're really this poor you and/or your family household may qualify for some sort of benefits. if you're in work you should surely be earning enough for self-medding, and if you're not in work you can apply for JSA, or if you feel depression/anxiety (such as that related to gender dysphoria) interfere with your abilities to the point you are unable to work, ESA. even before the big scary Tory assessment you'll be paid £60 a week, easily enough to at least start HRT and if it's JSA then it'll last for as long as it takes to find a job, same amount. It's a lot easier to make excuses that seem and feel valid than it is to push for a radical change in your life that is filled with such uncertainty as this as for the outcome, but believe me, you need to break out of that if you're going to have any chance of making a good life for yourself. Try to identify any boundaries to transition etc. you may have built up, that seem tangible but are actually purely mental, and break them down. Transition is hard work, but it's worth it.
>>
>>6606464
I'm sure you could rustle up the travel cost in the year you'd be on the wait list.
>>
>>6606431
why does UK have such an uneven income level?
>>
>>6606787
Rigid class system, problems with corruption and general crab-in-bucket mentality
>>
>>6606787
Social class is to the UK what race is to America
we do have racism here, but the current class system here stretches back to the Norman invasion of 1066 AD and it really hasn't changed much since. the two races have intermingled somewhat but the classes have remained largely segregated.

you can see it in how we still use descendants of the Anglo-Saxon words for cattle animals (cow, sheep) but the Norman words for the meat (beef, lamb). the ruling classes were all Norman, and mostly only saw the animals in meat form, whereas the paupers out toiling the land knew the animals but not the meat, which would be taken by the ruling classes, while they were allowed to subsist on a primarily vegetarian diet. little history lesson for you.
>>
>>6606852
Corruption? I'm genuinely surprised
>>
>>6607373
Why? It is termed the most corrupt country in Northern Europe.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.