[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So for background I'm 19 MTF 4 months HRT Read some some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

File: BarryMemes.jpg (8KB, 183x235px) Image search: [Google]
BarryMemes.jpg
8KB, 183x235px
So for background I'm 19 MTF 4 months HRT

Read some some stuff on /r/GenderCritical about HRT mildly damaging the brain of trans people, making them less creative and like "zombies"

Kind of like the Idea desu.

I know this is fucked up but I really like the idea of just being totally submissive

I'm so argumentative in real life and I just want to be more passive

Sometimes I think I'd like to be Lobotomized

(I know how fucked up this is)

Wat do
>>
>>6588745
>/r/GenderCritical
>>
>>6588745
Enjoy your placebo effect?
>>
>>6588766
The worst part Is i'm pretty sure that they're right half the time, I'm not sure believe in brain sex and w/e... Still transitioning to avoid killing self but yanno
>>
>>6588792
>>6588745
Nah, go look at Femgen, it hasn't affected our minds one bit.

Go and transition to a zombie somewhere else.
>>
>>6588792
No, they're fucking not, it's because you can't be asked to do your research that you'll sit drooling accepting however much abuse they heap on you as long as it doesn't kill you.
>>
>>6588855

The sounds like some Male Aggression TM

But jokes aside What do you actually believe? Do you think Gender is a social construct? Do you believe in "brain sex" I'm sorry if I came across as confrontational or w/e
>>
>>6588877
"Brain sex" is a simplification of a complicated process. Yes; there are specific observable differences with strong p values between the brains of people who identify as male vs female. This doesn't imply causation, but makes clear that there is a neurological component to gender, and suggests why a person's subconscious sex might differ, even substantially, from the sex characteristics their body develops.

And there are many facets of gender that are socially constructed, besides, or exaggerations of the inclinations and characteristics more commonly observed in one sex than the other. The combination of these resulting in elaborate gender roles with increasingly rigid impositions.

Trying to say "gender is this one, exact thing" is an easy way to explain a concept quickly, but it shuts off a more complete understanding of all the associated phenomena.
>>
>>6588966

What sort of observable differences.

What if a Cis woman was atypical in their neurological gender, does that make them FTM? My problem with this is despite all the arguments to the contrary, trans people define gender by identification and Idk if identifying as female makes you so
>>
>>6588745
>Read some some stuff on /r/GenderCritical about HRT mildly damaging the brain of trans people, making them less creative and like "zombies"
Kind of true, but it lessens after a couple of months.

I think the opposite happens for ftms... So, I think it's really just about that women are a little more "mildly brain damaged".
>>
>>6588992
>What if
That totally destroys the theory.

What if something starts to defy gravity? Then what?
>>
>>6589008

What sort of changes to the mind are you talking about. I kind of have noticed some things but I don't trust just my own experiences because of placebo and stuff
>>
>>6589057
Worsened memory, difficulties concentrating.
If you play vidya, your performance worsen (mostly aim).

Lessens with time, but at least my vidya skills never recovered fully (on the other hand, I kinda stopped playing games when I went on hormones).
>>
>>6589065
Can confirm, it's like a brain fog. You can still see down the street, but the end and sides are a little less clear.
I can't focus as well as I used to, slightly less sharp, forget things a little more often.

It does lessen eventually but...I think it's more that I just got used to it. It really scared me the first few months.
>>
>>6589083

Sounds like AA side effects, I know its a big side effect of spiro. Personally didn't bother me, been on worse meds like most people.

But like you said, it does lessen eventually, that brain chemistry will eventually even out regardless of FtM or MtF.
>>
>>6589083
>>6589065
>>6589057
What you kind of have to keep in mind, is that brains on testosterone/estrogen are different.
Testosterone promote brain tissue that gives you faster calculation times, and basically makes it perform better, but it's a higher risk for infection/inflamation.
Estrogen doesn't promote as much of that tissue, so it's a bit slower, but it has a decreased risk of infection/inflammation

I believe that tissue is larger in volume, and weighs more too, that's why brains shrink and weigh less when they get onto HRT, for mtfs.
These basic brain facts are probably rejected by those feminists though.
>>
>>6589092
Yep! Spiro, which works really well on me.
>>
>>6589065
>>6589083
wait, so is this solely the effects of estrogen and lack of testosterone on a human brain?
Did /r/GenderCritical just prove that cis female brains are inferior &/or are brain damaged compared to male brains?
>>
>>6589092
It's side-effects of not having tesotsterone, see >>6589097.
Another side effect that you may notice immediately, if you go onto a high/effective AA dose/type. Is that you will not be able to get erect, and your penis becomes much smaller in it's flacid state (retreats further in). That effect does lessen overtime too, so that you're able to get erections, and it stops being so retreated.

Testoeterone and lack of testosterone is quite immediately visible.
>>
>>6589105
Like >>6589092
said, it's AA side effects.
>>
>>6589105
More or less, yes.
Mostly, they just put a different word for it, than researchers did.
>>
>>6589112
It's a side-effect of not having testosterone.
There's a big difference between saying it's a side effect of the medication, and that it's a side-effect of lacking a hormone.
>>
>>6589123
Then that would imply FtMs should suddenly see improvements rather than regression. Is that true? Never looked into it myself.
>>
>>6589123

No, it's an actual side effect of the medication, even for women at almost all dosages small or large. (To the point where the AA effects wouldn't even be that noticeable in a blood test) But if you want to keep saying the same thing over and over again that's fine too.
>>
>>6589105
That decreased/increased risk for infection and inflammation plays its part too. It's not all Pros for one, there's still Cons.
>>
>>6589136
>No matter what AA medication you take
>You'll feel the same effect
>But it's a side effect of the AA, not the lack of testosterone
Go and kill yourself, TERF.

>>6589131
And they probably do.
I've heard stories of FtMs becoming pretty much "hyper" for a while after they take testosterone.
>>
>>6589141
well apparently, according to one poster here it has nothing to do with test levels but all to do with the meds that control that test level.
>>
>>6589160
My spouse is FtM recently started T, I'll have to watch for signs of that. Really curious now.
>>
>>6589160

>doesn't realize that spiro was first used as a medicine for other aliments at different dosages
>it might have AA effects at higher dosages, but lower dosages on cis people make the AA effects negligible at a very low dosage
>>
>>6589174
You seriously think that spiro is the only AA, or even the most common?

All other places uses Cypro.
Some will use Lupron and Goserelin.

Yet, for some reason, they all have the same effect? I WONDER WHY.
Then, you may ask, "why would the brain shrinking, loss of volume and weight, affect brain clarity?"... Which is just... Just go back to your TERF site, and dwell in your stupidity over there instead.

Bicalutamide probably wouldn't have the effect, because I heard it doesn't actually block any of the T-receptors in the brain.
>>
>>6589173
FtM here, can confirm.
The day after I take my T shot, I'm stir crazy and have to jog on my treadmill for like an hour just to calm myself down a bit.
But I also have mad ADHD.
>>
>>6589201
That was from tests in rats (rather than not blocking, it couldn't traverse the blood-brain barrier). In humans, it gets into the brain just fine.
>>
>>6589092
>>6589103
>>6589174
>>6589201
Please take all into account, that spiro is not primarily a drug for mtf transsexuals, but for people, who suffer from high blood pressure (hypertension).
If you had low blood pressure already, taking spiro would probably make you very dizzy and sleepy.
Before going full HRT I started with 100mg spiro/day. I did this over 10 months. I got dizzy, sleepy and lethargic as hell, because my blood pressure got even lower than naturally.
>>
>>6592678
Probably why most places don't use spiro as an AA.
I believe the US is the only country in the world that uses spiro as an AA in HRT.
Most countries uses either cypro, or GnRHs.

Yet, the effect is the same for everyone, maybe it's stronger for those using spiro though.
>>
>>6592742
Canada here, both spiro and cypro are prescribed, depending on the preferences of the doctor and patient. My endo suggested spiro, I explained why cypro was better for me, and she conceded that I was correct and prescribed accordingly.

For some, the one is better than the other. For others, it's the reverse.

She'll be a really good physician for trans people in the area one day, she just needs to be pushed to do more research and listen to trans experiences to properly excel.
>>
>>6588966
so penis =/= man, vagina =/= woman?
>>
>>6592791
so what about the science? and long term effects? thats important too right?
>>
>>6588745
>I'm so argumentative in real life

That's just your male upbringing.
>>
>>6592791
>For some, the one is better than the other. For others, it's the reverse.
This. You have to test it out. It also helps to check your own blood pressure before taking any meds and while taking them. Spiro should be excellent for mtfs, who have high blood pressure, While I took it, I slept for 13 to 14 hours a day.

>>6592742
>Probably why most places don't use spiro as an AA.
I believe the US is the only country in the world that uses spiro as an AA in HRT.
Most countries uses either cypro, or GnRHs.
As far as I know, Cypro is not approved from the FDA in the US, but spiro is used for transsexuals in europe, too, in some cases. I wouldn't recommend cypro to someone, who has a damaged liver.
>>
>>6589263

Huh, I wonder if anybody has done any studies with adhd and testosterone levels
>>
>>6592841
That would be my stance.

>>6592857
Does something lead you to believe they aren't? It's because we know as much about how these drugs act on a body as we now do that it makes sense to prescribe the drugs which best promote the well-being of the individual patient. Educated physicians AND educated patients sharing information will reach better treatments faster, and better understand the dangers and limitations they may pose.
>>
Just started reading /r/GenderCritical and I'm wondering why these people take the time out of their day to get mad there
>>
>>6592926
what if a gender dsyphoric teenager was given testosterone instead of estrogen?
>>
>>6592971
Well, there are a few self-proclaimed gender-critical feminists whose livelihoods, fame, and relevance is entirely or greatly derived from that political stance. They have to stir up shit, so that's why they take the time out of their days. Others lack any horizons of significance in their own lives, so prop themselves above their feelings of inefficacy and existential distress by finding something to hate and regurgitating as much rote invective as they can memorize from the professionals.

The takeaway is that it is actually the very best and most life-affirming use of their time at the place they are mentally and emotionally.
>>
>>6593018
Do you recall the major success stories and joyful testimonials of gender dysphoric AMAB persons so treated?
>>
>>6593050
In which case I feel nice helping them
>>
>>6593098
And I feel that it's in everyone's best interest that we work to improve our society's inclusion and space for personal development such that being a member of a hate group is no longer the most fulfilling thing any human, no matter how unfortunate, can do with their lives.

It's going to be an uphill struggle, I feel.
>>
>hrt for mtf makes your brain perform worse in things like vidya
Fuck, I just got into playing fighting games...
>>
File: sc_waifu2x_photo_noise3_scale.png (1MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
sc_waifu2x_photo_noise3_scale.png
1MB, 1280x960px
>>6593144
Does anybody know fuck-all about Scarlett anymore? Playing one of the most mechanically and strategically intensive games there is out there professionally?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck, people here have got a selective memory.
>>
Why do you give so much of a shit? Who cares if its brain sex or social constructs? Live your life and stop being controlled by the ideology of others.

You sound like you have a weak sense of self, and like all passive idiots, you want someone to do the thinking for you. Self hate is the disease of a weak animal. Rise above. Say fuck it and do what you want.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.