[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to find ways to be an activist for the lgbt community.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: Rainbow_flag_breeze-665x443.jpg (54KB, 665x443px) Image search: [Google]
Rainbow_flag_breeze-665x443.jpg
54KB, 665x443px
I'm trying to find ways to be an activist for the lgbt community. I have written 2 essays, the first I've sent to different newspaper companies and like 1 or 2 magazines to be published, but I've not received a reply. The other one I don't have typed up yet, as I wrote it by hand. I want to have some sort of public speaking role in the community, and I want to be like a leader. I am very passionate about lgbt rights, and I want to end legal discrimination and show the lgbt community how strong we really are in numbers.
But anyways, I'm having trouble looking for a place to start. Do you guys have any ideas?
>>
>>6418269
>Do you guys have any ideas?
Just don't.
>>
Let the people who actually experience the discrimination do the talking. You're not going to be a leader and whatever bullshit you have to say after never experiencing the oppression that goes along with it isn't as important as our voices. Shut the fuck up and learn to be an ally without trying to speak for a group of people you're never going to fully understand.
>>
you have an unhealthy obsession, you sound like a white person trying to be a "voice for black rights"
>>
You won't make it any further than the rest of fools who think they can do the same and only end up looking like a fool.
Don't bother.
We have enough "leaders" already and they're essentially all attention whoring shits.
You're not different.
>>
>I'm trying to find ways to be an activist for the lgbt community
Move to a country where LGBT's face oppression then. Otherwise you'll end up being an SJW, not an activist.
>>
>>6418335
>move to a country where LGBT people face oppression
>100 people shot last week in U.S.
>>
>>6418337
People already think acceptance is over, done and 100% complete.
Any attempt to revision this idea will be met with scorn and ridicule.
Don't bother.
It's not going to improve.

It gets better was a lie.
>>
>>6418307
>>6418314
You're just assuming this guy is not LGBT and hasn't experienced oppression. Even if he's not LGBT it's still possible to have firsthand experience with oppression. Not every well known activist is a direct member of the group they fight for. Sometimes they're family members or close friends, and sometimes their voice can be more valuable than any other.
A peaceful minority movement is not going to make any progress unless it can win over the hearts of the majority, so unless there are plans to form the Rainbow Confederation and wage war against the rest of the world, we need every voice we can get.

This is all ignoring the fact that he uses "we" to refer to the LGBT community by the way.
>>
>>6418353
>It's not going to improve.
Because asshats like you were handed your rights on a silver platter born aloft by the blood, sweat and tears of the previous generation, and you're content to let all their work wither and die because "we can get married now lol we won"

People DIED for this cause. People are STILL dying, and they will keep dying until something changes, and yet you're perfectly OK with this arrangement because you haven't paid for it yet.
>>
>>6418393
>you're content to let all their work wither and die because "we can get married now lol we won"
If you putrid pisscake took one second to get your head out of your activist ass (which should not be difficult considering it's gaping) you'd read that I'm in no way "lol we won".

If you actually used your severely neglected brain to think you'd have known I was talking about the GENERAL POPULATION who thinks the fight is already over, and that THEY think lgbt rights have won, not me.

But no, instead of reading someone's post just because the general tone is way more bitter than your feeble mind can handle, you're just gonna pretend he's saying the exact opposite and bash him on opinions he doesn't even hold.

Fuck you.
>>
>>6418429
You're fucking retarded. Of course the general population doesn't understand LGBT rights. If they did, then we wouldn't need to have a fucking movement to earn them. That's the nature of oppression and the nature of being a monority.
You're complaining that people won't like you if you campaign for equal rights, as though people don't already hate you anyway and as though that hatred won't spread and grow more and more violent if people don't fight for equality.
>>
Gays are the most privileged members of society.

It's considered cool and hip and trendy to be gay. They're treated like royalty outside of Southern shitholes.
>>
>>6418531
>delusion
Go tell your boss you're gay, or better yet tell them you're trans.
>>
>>6418512
No anon.
YOU ARE THE RETARD.
You're wasting time and effort and human lives in a fight you can't win, and apparently you're all too willing to waste way more lives for your Pyrrhic victory.

And you call me retarded for calling your futile effort futile?
haha topkek 10/10
>>
>>6418550
Jokes on you, I'm unemployed
>>
>>6418269
These days unless you're a pansexual, two-spirit, furry, otherkin, pedophile with rainbow dyed hair, 70 piercings, and your dick is modified to split in 7 different dimensions, then you're not going to get recognized as an lgbt activist.
>>
>>6418557
If you want to roll over and rot in the gutter then be my guest you self-loathing shit, but when the day comes when we have equal rights, just know that it was because of people like you that we had to fight for them.
This movement is anything but futile. In only 50 years we've already gained more traction and made more progress than the civil rights movement. The only true threat to progress at this point is apathy.
>>
>>6418739
What rights do you think we have left to fight for? Changes to legislation aren't going to magically cause people to stop being bigoted. I enjoy equal representation and rights in every facet of my life.
>>
>>6418739
>when the day comes when we have equal rights
When that happens, you may laught right in my face about how wrong I was.
I'll see you in 5016.
>>
>>6418337
50 of which by a person from a country where LGBTs get executed.
>>
>>6418750
>Changes to legislation aren't going to magically cause people to stop being bigoted.
Which is why we need the LGBT movement, to promote awareness and promote interest and slowly kill off bigotry by showing young people that their parents are full of shit and there's no reason to hate gay people.
And no, you don't enjoy equal representation or rights. There are many states where you can be fired for being gay/trans. That's the majority of them in fact.
>>
>>6418801
Omar was a US citizen, born and raised.
>>
>>6418940
Okay, if you want real activism in your country, try to reeducate US-born Muslims.
>>
>>6418940
Muslims respect no allegiance, national or otherwise, except to Islam.
>>
>>6418949
It's not Islam's fault Omar shot up a club. It was definitely a factor in his motivation, but if the country at large weren't so gun crazed and homophobic, he never would have got the chance to do it. The US made Omar, and they've been mass producing Omars for the past few years. There are mass shootings on a daily fucking basis in this shithole country. There were 372 of the damn things last year and NO ONE is doing ANYTHING about it.
>>
>>6419174
He had explosives as well supposedly. If it weren't for guns he would have probably killed a hundred more than what he did.
>>
>>6418935
What the mainstream LGBT movement has slowly started to turn itself into is a self-pitying, attention-whoring orgy, where they exaggerate the injustices acted against them, to make people feel sorry for themselves and their cause.

People will always have irrational prejudices against other groups of people, unfortunately that's a consequence of freedom of speech and personal rights, but I don't want anybody's rights impeded because of some overly dramatic gay people being offended.
>>
>>6418337
You're right. It's high time we ban the murder of gays in this country and I think OP is just the bright young mind we need to lead us to justice.
>>
>>6418269
Kill yourself, faggot.

There, now you can whine about online abuse like every other blue-haired LGBTBBQ "activist" these days.
>>
>>6419339
Bitch please. /pol/ is full of shit and has no idea what they're talking about. They wouldn't know current events if ISIS themselves came over and fucked them in the ass.
The self-pitying orgy narrative is a load of horseshit invented by cherrypicking /pol/-tards with a vitamin D deficiency.
>>
>>6419447
>pol
/pol/ is irrelevant, I don't frequent /pol/, nobody in this thread other than you (then subsequently, me) even mentioned them. The idea that lgbt activists are self-pitying attention whores was not invented as a means to disgrace them, it was brought upon themselves.
>>
>>6418269
Do you live in America or Europe, OP? If so, tell me one right we faggots don't have that our straight counterparts do.
>>
>>6419801
need more tranny hiring quotas
ITS EQUAL OKAY
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.