[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lgbt/ I need advice. I just recently started my journey to transition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 1464393135717.jpg (52KB, 416x700px) Image search: [Google]
1464393135717.jpg
52KB, 416x700px
/lgbt/ I need advice. I just recently started my journey to transition from male to female, It has been hard but I am accomplishing it, I know it is just going to take time.

My question is how do I meet people who would be interested in dating someone like me?I know a lot of dudes are into mtf's but I am not attracted to men, Just women. I just can't be with a guy. How do I meet a girl that will be ok with the fact that I am doing this? Is there anything I should look for in a person who would be accepting? I am just at a loss and tired of being alone. It just makes this all the harder and I am in an area where there are no real trans groups.

Please help, any advice would be appreciated.
>>
If you don't pass yet or are at least somewhat feminine, don't expect to be getting too much attention from anyone.
>>
File: 1369080587579.gif (2MB, 470x341px) Image search: [Google]
1369080587579.gif
2MB, 470x341px
>>6407041
>, Just women.

Transbians out in force.
>>
kill yourself
>>
Oh I do feminine things like paint my nails and straighten my hair. But I am still at a loss on how to do makeup.

I started 3 months ago on the 15th so I have a long time to go yet. I did get 3 months of hormones a few days ago though.
>>
>>6407041
>women
>dating transbians

W E W L A D
E
W
L
A
D
>>
>>6407078
Thanks. Like I don't hear that enough.
>>
how old are you if I may ask?
>>
>>6407089

My doctor told me I started young enough that I will still have good results.
>>
File: 1367000836966.gif (2MB, 177x150px)
1367000836966.gif
2MB, 177x150px
>>6407095
>24
>>
>>6407101
What?
>>
>>6407145
just a running joke. do what you feel is right with the proper research and commitment you wanna take =]
>>
>>6407145
They're memeing. Weather you end up passing will end up being mostly about genetics, but the fact that you're relitivley young will probably give you better results than someone who started in their 30's or older.
There are gonna be times where you feel like garbage and want to die or think it's pointless and want to stop or question your gender, it'll be hard but stay strong and you'll get through it.
>>
>>6407079
>paint my nails
Stop that

>how to do makeup.
Don't

Your age may be ok
>>
>>6407206
No. I like doing this. It makes me happy.

>>6407175
I just have to wait it out. It is hard enough just sitting around watching paint dry.
>>
>>6407156
I did. I am already on hormones. I went to a clinic and a therapist and they have been very kind and helpful. Just need to work up the courage to start buying makeup.
>>
>>6407095
24 is still pretty good. Don't worry.

First, stay away from dating for at least a year or two, you'll be better for it emotionally. After that, don't look for people 'interested in dating someone like [you]', you will find chasers and fetishists only. Instead, look for somebody who wants to date women, be honest with them, and find somebody accepting.
>>
>>6407477
this lass

unless you're already pretty much done with transition you're probably going to change, and considering that you are insecure enough to post a thread like this, you need to find yourself as a person. once you do that dating is far more doable, you'll be giving off better vibes and find someone who matches who you are more easily

t. MtF 3 years in, 3 dates with qt girls who all cuddled or kissed me this week
>>
>>6407503
I am insecure. I am still scared this will go horribly wrong and that I was too late and nobody will ever see me as a woman.

It is hard.

>>6407477
Is it though? I didn't do it at like 18 like the real passing transgirls.
>>
>>6407518
You'd be very lucky to start in your teenage years. It's the goal, but of course muddling through all that gender bullshit takes times. I think most start in their early 20s nowadays, but I don't have any statistics on that and it may be completely wrong. 30 and above is where HRT tends to do very little, it will still have a significant effect at your age if you give it time (very slow process).

As people become aware about trans issues at younger ages, that'll probably come down - there's no use worrying about that, it's when you started and it's what you have to work with. Be the best person you can be.
>>
>>6407518
most people won't see you as a woman. a lot of people will see you as a woman though, because you are a woman. you're a woman with a fucked up deformity living in a society that doesnt understand, with technology that cant help her

that's the sad fact. you can't let that consume you though, because you have a road ahead of you to take, there are definitely cool people out there.

even if you dont pass there are steps you can take to be more comfortable and make life more bearable.
>>
>>6407559
That kind of makes me scared. I want people to see me as a woman...
>>
>>6407095
>24
>>6407270
>No. I like doing this. It makes me happy.

And that, children, is where hons come from. Sorry OP, you're pretty much boned. Better luck next life, if you believe in that stuff.
>>
>>6407827
You are just an asshole, aren't you?
>>
>>6407650
I mean most people won't see you as a woman if they know you are trans.

>that makes me scared
once again, don't let it consume you. most people are fucking garbage
>>
girl please don't listen to these people. i dont think you should be posting threads for advice here - people like to be assholes on 4chan. its funny sometimes, but i think you're taking it too seriously. there are some positive forums on reddit. that would be a better place for serious stuff.

as for people seeing you as a woman, it really depends on how you look. if your doctor said you're starting young enough, i would trust them instead of people on here. I started as a teenager, but really, age doesnt matter - there are plenty of hypermasculine 17 year olds that will have difficulty passing, and there are feminine 24 year olds that wind up looking great. Also, surgery is always an option, and with the way things are going, within 3-7 years (or less), FFS and GCS should be covered by insurance. And the way society treats trans people can only get better. Eventually, even "hons" won't have problems in public.
<3 stay safe girl, and STICK WITH THAT THERAPIST. a good therapist is what all transgender people need <3
>>
>>6408511
Thank you...really. Thank you for calling me a girl, It makes me feel nice when my gender is validated. I post on reddit often but I thought I would give here a try.

My doctor said she had seen men who had transitioned in their 40's and they passed and that I shouldn't worry. The biggest thing I needed to do was to lose weight. My face is round and I do not have "typical" masculine features you'd expect.

FFS and GRS are not covered because they are not "medically necessary" according to Blue Cross and Blue Shield. I do plan on moving to Oregon or Washington so hopefully their insurance plans there will. Kansas is an all around unfriendly place for lgbt people.

My therapist waived my co-pay since I was having trouble paying her back, she wants me to keep coming because she knows I need the help. I am glad I found her, she has a trans daughter and understands people like me more than most therapists do.
>>
>>6408239
I am trying not to let it get to me. I am only 3 months in, I have a long ways to go still before I should really panic.
>>
wait a little girl, in this moment your hormones are so crazy, it reason its probably the cause of you feeling this way.

wait, one or two year or a lot of fetichism is all of you goint to get
>>
>>6409922
I am going through puberty 2.0 so I am obviously stressed out about it. This shit is hard.
>>
>>6407041
do OkCupid, take really cute pictures, make a kickass profile and you'll do well desu. It shows that i'm trans on my profile and lesbians don't seem to have any issues messaging me. I don't even have to talk to people first, I get plenty of messages from cute women.

I guess it also depends on how attractive you are and where you live

also don't forget about bi girls, they're your safest bet when you're still in early transition. A lot of people are really into early transition mtfs too
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.