[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gay Sadness General A general to talk about being sad, depressed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

Gay Sadness General

A general to talk about being sad, depressed and gay. Apparently gay men have the highest smoking and depression rates :-( Share stories and give coping advice.

I feel sad because I am a loser with no friends, feel lonely all the time, fail at basic life skills, am gonna fail a midterm and don't have a driver's license.

Started cipralex a few weeks ago. Hope that it helps, haven't noticed any changes.
>>
>>6391243
im bi and i've been depressed since i got bullied in 7th grade
>just remember its all in ur head for one thing
>oh and
>>
>>6391243
I can't stop thinking about aging. I know I'm pretty attractive right now, but it's really bothering me that this state is only fleeting and will vanish quickly. I thought the pursuit of appearance would bring lasting happiness, but I now realize how false that belief was. I need some sort of enlightenment if I'm to get over this. For the time being, I feel a sensation of mortal anxiety and dread. I have nothing in my life.
>>
>>6391302

How old are you right now ? Plenty of people manage to have loving relationships when they are older. Gay death is just a dumb meme.

Maybe you are just afraid of your own mortality ? I know I am. Thinking about death as a dreamless sleep makes me worry about it less.
>>
>>6391313
I've never been afraid of death, only change. I know whatever beauty I can achieve will never last forever, and that makes it all seem pointless. I wish I would stop worrying about my appearance and start pursuing something real, but I'm too vain to do that. I haven't really aged at all since I was 13, and I don't smoke at all, but I still have a very strong feeling that the next ten years will not be kind to me. The early baldness that runs in my family doesn't make me feel any better. I'm 19, by the way.
>>
>>6391325

That makes sense; it kinda disturbs me that 100 years after I die no one will remember me or who I am; Since I am a gay man I won't have kids so I wouldn't even live through being apart of the gene pool ;_;
>>
>>6391363
I've always found that a strange thing to be afraid of. You won't care about any of that after you're dead, because you'll be dead. I guess I'm just very selfish, because I don't give a shit about anything that doesn't directly involve me, but I think that attitude has saved me a lot of stress.
>>
>>6391382

It's not really about caring; thinking about it just makes me feel that working hard and everyday life is pointless. Maybe I should just focus on pleasure and getting money.
>>
>>6391422
Yeah, I recommend thinking more about yourself rather than your current role. That mindset is limiting. Maybe read some Stirner.
>>
>>6391432
>thinking more about yourself rather than your current role.

???
>>
>>6391422
Most things that people work hard at are pointless and won't be remembered. If you can make a contribution to science, art, or philosophy though, or become a major entrepreneur, people will remember that.

There is a point to working hard, you just have to work on the right things.
>>
NOBODY IS LISTENING AND NOBODY WILL EVER CARE

WE ARE BORN AND EVERYTHING GETS WORSE FROM THERE
>>
>>6391444

Do you know who Gunter Grass is ? Noble Prize winner for literature and most people (including myself before last year)have never heard of the guy. Even if you accomplish something truly great like him its still pretty likely that no one will remember you.
>>
>>6391243
Why can't you make friends? Why can't you learn those basic life skills? What you are is not what you have to remain.

>>6391302
>>6391422
Have you read Camus? Heard of absurdism? Life might be without meaning but you are free to give it meaning as you choose. If you are unhappy with the goal you're currently chasing how about trying to think of a new one?

Here's a good place to start: what would you like to change about yourself, or the world?
>>
>>6391482

Well did you hear of Mr.Grass or not ;) ?

Even if I create something great I will still probably be forgotten in the sea of time.
>>
>>6391501
Well, everyone will be forgotten eventually. A day will come when all humans have perished and the universe itself is falling apart. That doesn't mean that it is not worthwhile to pursue our goals. Not because anything we work toward will last forever, but because bringing about the change we desire, even briefly, brings us fulfillment. Because the chase itself brings us joy.

Pick a goal and pursue it. That's all there is to do in life. All things considered, most people have plenty of fun doing that. After all if they didn't they wouldn't fear death. Life's nice. Hell, if you have some nice goals in mind and could help someone else while doing that then that's even better.
>>
>>6391243
Go to the gym get fit. Start hanging around nationalists and make America great again. You'll feel better in no time and since you'll now have a place of belonging won't be depressed anymore.
>>
>>6391550
>nationalism
Dropped like the Tsar during the red revolution
>>
>>6391550
>Start hanging around nationalists and make America great again.

Sorry buddy but it's too late; My country Canada is doomed to become non-White. There is no hope for nationalism. The multi-culturalists won sorry.
>>
>>6391562
Canada's probably the best Western country to live at. Comfy and most freely of conflict.
>>
>>6391555
Enjoy your systemic depression and high suicide rates then.
>>
>>6391568

Really I wish I was either American or living in some Nordic country.

Where are you from ?
>>
>>6391579
Israel. A war every 4 years isn't very fun tbqh.
>>
>>6391595

Are you Arab or Jewish ? I'm just curious what life is like there for normal people cus I read alot about the conflict. Do you guys get winters ? They are really awful here in Canada.

> A war every 4 years isn't very fun tbqh.

Is it actually unsafe for a normal person or just folks in the army ? I though israel had really low causality rates.
>>
>>6391568
I C E L A N D

Not from there but I want to live there. All my favorite musical artists are from there. Agent Fresco, Sigur Rós, Eivor.
>>
>>6391482
>what would you like to change about yourself, or the world?
I really don't know how to answer that question. I've never thought about it like that.
>>
>>6391617
isjaki
>>
>>6391608
>Arab or Jew?
Eh. Jewish but not like the jews you see abroad. Most of us are pretty fedora apart from celebrating the holidays like you might celebrate Christmas and holding to some basic sort of spirituality.

>Life
For the majority of us life's a bootlegged B-tier version of the West's. You have pretty much all of the same goods and services but everything's expensive and the cities are always dirty. If you're unlucky enough to be a Palestinian living in the West Bank then your life's shit for a variety of reasons.

Unless you're actually fighting in a war you aren't at any real risk most of the time but there are still occasional terror attacks and "rockets" fired from Gaza. The chances of being affected are extremely low so most people don't really give a fuck.

>Winter
Really mild. It almost never snows and if it does then only for 3-6 days a year. On the other hand the summers are incredibly hot.
>>
File: 1462119418150-2-r9k.png (57KB, 531x354px) Image search: [Google]
1462119418150-2-r9k.png
57KB, 531x354px
My entire existence is cringe. I'm a low-test autistic fuckup who struggles with basic everyday tasks and social interaction. I want to die already, I'm in a constant state of psychological pain, I no longer want to occupy this cringeworthy body.
I dropped out of high school when I was 17 and have done nothing for the past 4 years. I wanted to give up on life and dissappear, I never expected to live this long and didn't plan ahead for it at all. Please let me fucking die already.
I've never had a real bf either and I'm still a virgin, I'm disgusting though so I don't blame anybody for not wanting to fuck me. I'm sick of eating disorders, panic attacks, masturbation, imageboards, alcohol, drugs, bathing, staring at myself in the mirror, whatever, it's all my life amounts to and I need to end it soon.
>>
>>6391678

Do you guys celebrate christmas as like a secular thing ?

>us life's a bootlegged B-tier version of the West's

Thats interesting; For a while I wanted to be an expat there for some unknown reason.

Have you ever been to Canada ?

>and the cities are always dirty

Sadly this isn't just an Israeli thing. I've never been to Vancouver but the media has occasional stories about how common it is to find used needles on the ground because social justice warriors are pushing harm reduction bullshit on everyone.

>Unless you're actually fighting in a war you aren't at any real risk

What was your military service like ? I get the feeling it isn't dangerous or exciting but just boring and generally shitty.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.