[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about my new shoes (Clark's Originals)?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 20160528_185817.jpg (999KB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
20160528_185817.jpg
999KB, 3264x1840px
What do you think about my new shoes (Clark's Originals)? Are they worth $130 to you?
>>
>>6284519
https://youtu.be/L_jWHffIx5E
>>
>>6284519
bump
>>
>>6284519

Ha, hell no! I would rather wear my $60 pure white autism shoes.
>>
>>6284715
What do you wear? Running shoes? I fucking hate running shoes
>>
>>6286642

Yes.
>>
>>6284519
Well, at least they're leather. It just seems sort of weird to have something between leather dress shoe and leather boot. Casual shoe seems more fitted to something like a heavy canvas.

Also they look like they lack any form of arch support at all. Overall just sort of minimalist to the point of being stupid but somehow also complicated to the point of being difficult while also being uncomfy. I'd probably judge someone wearing them as functionally useless because I can't possibly imagine any job were these would be a benefit to the wearer. It may just be the angle though.

I'm sure you look fine in them.
>>
>>6291117
Someone told me a pair of clark's will last a lifetime. Sounds practial to me.
>>
>>6291126
They probably will. Any decent quality leather casual shoe should if you take care of them. I'm just saying that this specific design seems unstylish and impractical.

It's obviously a well constructed shoe. They've used goodyear welting and it looks to be at least decent leather. I'm not debating the construction of the shoe. I'm just saying that it's something that seems sort of uncomfortable as a casual shoe and not quite classy enough to be a dress shoe/work shoe. It seems like something you'd see on someone who doesn't walk often, or has more money than sense. Or is about 54 and has ow

I wouldn't pay 130 dollars for it. I'm not you.
>>
>>6291191
about 54 and has owned them since he was 20 when that design was top of the line.*
>>
>>6291191
The design hasn't changed in 100 years, so they're bot really gonna have any modern stuff in them. They still feel great once you wear them down.
>>
>>6284519
>vomiting gif
>>
File: 1455685686010.jpg (42KB, 562x437px) Image search: [Google]
1455685686010.jpg
42KB, 562x437px
>>6284519
>$130 for a pair of ugly shitty shoes

holy shit
>>
>>6292726
It's a brand that has good quality. They have it were I work and its pretty popular. However you can find similar shoes for half this amount with good quality

Aldos is overpriced for a shit product.
>>
Nothing sexy or fashionable of wearing the carcass of an animal on your feet. Stop being selfish please. Men and women who wear leather are a no no for me
>>
File: 1464455377282.jpg (10KB, 300x186px) Image search: [Google]
1464455377282.jpg
10KB, 300x186px
>>6292897
Kill yourself with your vegan shoes
>>
>>6292897
>implying there's alternatives to leather for work boots

Why don't you start scaling power lines/trees/heavy mud and tell me how your artificial canvas boot works out? Or how you have to replace them every fucking month because they just aren't capable of handling the conditions?

Overall there's less waste involved in leather if it's treated properly. Get your head out of your ass and realize the world isn't a nice place and trying to act like people making hard decisions living hard lives are somehow evil just makes you look like a yupee dickhead.
>>
>>6284519
UGly AF

I normally don't like brown shoes like that and I hate guys shoes with a taller heel in the back

Also don't like the leather (don't like the idea of it unless for boots that need to be tough etc)

Finally these shoes look so fucking... Old. It looks like you took a time machine back to 1901 and bought a pair of shoes
>>
>>6293307
There are actually

See:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirza

If this is good enough of a material to make war boots I'm pretty sure it would do for whatever kind of job a civilian could throw at it

Now the leather "alternatives" available in the west are shit but if we started making this we'd never have a reason to need leather again
>>
Clarks look like shit on everyone. I cringe every time I see someone try to wear them with outfits that they think are fashionable. It's just the ultimate "I don't know what I'm doing but I'm good at letting the Internet tell me what I like" shoe.
>>
>>6293367
that's the point. The design hasn't changed in a hundred years
>>
Getting fashion on /lgbt/ isn't very good. The trannies think they have style but they dont
>>
>>6293384
Holy shit you just linked one of the most hilarious boot faliures in history. Men died in the field because of those shitty boots. The soviets would steal boots to replace them. Do you just try to embarrass yourself?

Kirza boots, or 'kerseys' are incapable of stretching like regular leather due to their design and the production of the material. They're notorious for being made poorly and even high quality kirza was the shit fodder they give to people who weren't important enough to keep alive. It rips easily, it is worse than pig leather in quality.

I mean you literally chose the worst representation of artificial leather boots. Not to mention a combat boot needs entirely different strengths from a work boot. A combat boot has to walk long distances, a work boot needs to be highly resistant and sturdy. Have you ever even fealt kurza?
>>
>>6293428
Kirza boots only lasted 10 days before they had to be replaced
>>
File: 1464460879495.jpg (71KB, 720x602px) Image search: [Google]
1464460879495.jpg
71KB, 720x602px
>>
>>6284519
looks like shit.
>>
>>6284519
>$130

no, pic unrelated
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.