[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is voice training a meme? I honestly don't see how it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: 1424715233514.gif (917KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
1424715233514.gif
917KB, 500x344px
Is voice training a meme? I honestly don't see how it's remotely possible to speak higher and not falsetto despite having a normal man voice, and even if you could how you could do it forever without making your vocal cords sore.
>>
I have no idea. I've learned to push the adam's apple up just by talking through tons of practice, but I still sound like shit from what little feedback I can gather. And since I can't record myself and play it back to hear what's wrong...

I have no idea. Keep practicing and good luck. Try not to fall prey to sounding like a gay man.
>>
It has a lot more to do with inflection than tone. Yes pitch is important but if you don't use the right inflections it sounds off regardless of how spot on your tone is.
>>
You just gradually keep raising the pitch you talk it, idk about inflection and tone or whatever, that stuff just came naturally. I really didn't have to work too terribly hard on my voice. Once I found what sounded good when I recorded and listened to myself I just tried to talk like that. You're voice will get sore after a little while but the more you talk in your female voice the more natural it becomes. It's actually harder and less natural to do a man's voice after 3+ years of talking like a girl.
>>
I have a high tenor voice so it's pretty easy for me LEL
well actually its still hard, have to talk in basically passaggio range. My "falsetto' is way too high and unnatural sounding so I have to rely all on full voices.

>>6192022

Whenever I try to talk in my "man voice" it's really low and raspy and just bad, tired. I work customer relations and my high resonant voice is very attention grabbing, beaming, bright. basically learned from sales girls lol.

>>6191977

yeah I don't go too hard with inflection, pitch alone doesn't do the whole job. can't commit to it it fully though since I'm not girlmode
>>
>>6191875
Resonance > inflection > pitch in that order
Work on resonance first and then the rest
>>
>>6192461
Also to add to this, resonance makes your voice sound feminine, inflection makes you sound like a woman if that makes sense
Pitch is a nice bonus
>>
>>6191875
Not a meme, just takes tons of practice. For me, I practiced with singing, slowly working on getting my voice higher and really just using it to get the basic control of it. After that I just tried applying it to speech and used it at my job at the time (cashier, plenty of talking) once you are able to do that much the rest is just fine tuning it so it doesn't sound fake. Also yes, your voice will get sore, it's just like if you were to sing for too long, but the more you use it the longer you can, it's all about practice.
>>
Or you could have instant results with surgery. Vocal cord shortening.
>>
>>6193587
The surgery doesn't do everything for you, costs a lot, and can be somewhat risky. It's just better to train a little.
>>
>>6191875
Start by gargling water. Then, talk from about the same place that you gargle. The rest is just inflection and two or three notes of pitch depending on your usual vocal range.
>>
my voice has been consistently perfect from the very first time i used it, according to the first people i ever spoke to with it. no practice beforehand at all. is this what it's like to be trutrans? :3

it's 100% inflection. nothing else matters at all, not pitch, not tone, not 'raising your adams apple'. captain janeway is my favorite example. her voice is very deep, but because of her inflection, she's read female. it's like the way those obnoxious teenage girls will like? end every few words? like it's a question? raising their voice really high at the end of the word? like that but more subtle. the way you choose to group your syllables in sentences for inflection defines how your voice is read within the gender, but the only difference between being read male or female is that males end downward, and females end up.
>>
>>6192022

Yes. This anon is correct. I am a tenor as well. I've been practicing feminizing my voice for about a month now. I've made a lot of great progress.

If you are talking falsetto you will never pass as a female voice. You need a harmonically rich sound when you speak, when males do falsetto only upper harmonics sound.

Resonance is key.
>>
Why not just talk in one's natural speaking voice?
>>
>>6197802

Because I don't want every single person I encounter to know I am a tranny. Passing voice passes you even if you dont visually pass
>>
>>6197796
I have a smooth, zero bass falsetto, which I've lowered as much as possible, but it's not a realistic cis fem voice
>>
>>6197790
>only difference between being read male or female is that males end downward, and females end up.

That's incredibly false. Both men and women uptalk and downtalk. There are variances, and there are no constants. Some straight men speak more femininely than some women.
>>
>>6197808

Why do you care? Let people think what they want to think. Impressing strangers is a waste of time.
>>
>>6197817
yes, women start lower, end higher, men start higher, end lower. once you hear it, you start to hear it in everyone. seriously go listen to janeway, find something on youtube. she groups her syllables very small, which makes her speech seem faster, and her voice seem higher, while her pitch is actually very low. trust me on this. just listen for it.
>>
>>6197821
>>6197802
You tell em hon!! Good for u
xoxo
Rhona
>>
>>6197821
it's not about impressing anyone
it's about trying to be normal and not freak/weird people out
>>
>>6197826

You are experiencing conformation bias.
>>
>>6197831

If you're trying to change your voice, that voice isn't normal. A normal voice would be your natural one.

There is irony in this.
>>
>>6197829

Explain to me what you were thinking when you made this post.
>>
>>6197833
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0hqPtJqAENH

it's 4 am, i've been smoking and drinking. sorry if i'm a little lispy.
>>
>>6197844
I'm saying good for u, hun, for standing up to them. No reason to b ashamed of ur natural voice!

xoxo
Rhona
>>
>>6197841
If a person is naturally born with six fingers, is their hand normal? There is no irony.
>>
>>6197901
top quality, but i think that's a pol concern troll, rather than a hon concern troll
>>
>>6197903

Fingers aren't voices.
>>
File: 1462829213848.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1462829213848.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>6197821

I'm not trying to impress anyone. I use a passing fem voice because it's one of the most blatant and obvious gender markers.

>>6197841

Technically any sound I produce with my body is a natural sound and has the capacity to be my natural voice. If a man were born and socialized to speak higher, that would be their normal. Part of training your voice is getting the point where it is your normal voice. This is no different than when musicians practice instruments for a greater pallet of self expression. If you were gonna bitch about anything being "unnatural" why not mention artificial hormone systems like all of us trannys have?

I'm a professional musician, as I said in my first post, my voice is my instrument. Practicing my femme voice has also improved my control, breath quality, and tone in my second passagio.

>>6197847
literally terrible voice. You sound like a cartoon character. You said, >>6197790 no, hon. Your voice isn't even close. You've been hug boxed.
>>
>>6199778
>Your voice isn't even close
not her, but to me it passes fine, idk
i think most people who aren't actually singers or work with voices aren't picking up on those things
>>
>>6197847
Your pitch is ok but you resonance is not actually very good. You are going up and down, you don't sound even and your voice is VERY raspy suggesting lack of control and poise
>>
>>6191875
https://clyp.it/ywwxtvz3
>>
is this the new voice thread

my voice varies around wildly and I can never figure out exactly what direction to take it in.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Dse1ZH2hUg

like this just seems to breathy and i dont even know
>>
sorta femboy idk

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0A9wugnE8ZP
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.