[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you believe laws should be put in place for the protection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

File: 1460997444151_1_.jpg (370KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1460997444151_1_.jpg
370KB, 1280x1707px
Do you believe laws should be put in place for the protection (so to speak) of the LGBT community? By this I mean things like bakery's having to do gay wedding cakes or restrictions being put in place against things like hate speech or misgendering, etc. What do you guys think?

Pic unrelated.
>>
Why would you want a wedding cake from a homophobic bakery?
Who would trust them with their food?

I think some protections should exist, but not absolute laws in order to shield LGBT people's feelings. Not everyone will be with it.
>>
I'm a tranny and no, that is some beyond faggy shit. If you don't want to make me a cake fucking put a sign on the door and let me know. Let's avoid the whole mutually awkward scenario. And a law about misgendering? What in the fuck... no. SJWs: Please dig a six foot whole. Sit in whole. Cover yourself in gasoline. Light it. Cry about the oppressive cismale flames repressing you. Then die. Yay.
>>
>>6131086
Lol you mean anti-discrimination laws

Nah why would anyone want that? People love discrimination
>>
>>6131086
Yes, solely to make you cry about how evil I am to your megachurch and seven illegitimate children I support with my taxes.
>>
>hate speech, misgendering
NO. especially any online censorship

i honestly dont give a fuck about gay weddings or gay wedding cakes, so the issue isn't too close to my heart
however i don't want businesses to close their doors to all gay people or whatever bc that would be fucked especially in a rural small town
>>
>>6131111
What if most private entities (in an hypothetical future were gay people are hated even more) start denying services to gay or trans people? Wouldn't that be against a society that wants equal rights for all?

I think what's at the core of the issue is wether or not privates can deny services to others based on sexual orientation, and if they can, in what areas can they and iin which can't they.

I feel as if it might lead to a slippery slope in which you open up the laws so that anyone can discriminate against costumers.
>>
>>6131116
It's always interesting to watch other trans women self-destruct like this. They still won't accept you, you know, no matter how much you try to tear yourself apart to fit in.
>>
>>6131141
Discrimination is cool and protected by the constitution shitlord.
>>
>>6131086
No but Trump's already gonna do that so whatever
>>
>>6131141
People who respond to threads like this don't think this far ahead. Most of them think their free speech rights somehow apply to privately owned websites and companies too.

It's hilarious to watch them cry about "censorship" as if the government is coming to get them for calling someone a fag.

Crying about "political correctness" is the new American victim complex.
>>
>>6131141
I think certain protections should exist like equal opportunity in employment and all other necessary protections one needs to lead an average life.

I dunno about forcing homophobes to do anything. I feel the way things are going, things like that are starting to be frowned upon once it's called out.

But maybe I'm naive.
>>
>>6131174
You can't depend upon the whims of angry, ill-informed peasant mobs to legislate human rights for minority groups. That's like two wolves and a sheep deciding who's for dinner, and that's the reason we have a bill of rights in the first place.
>>
>>6131168
I think people are just complaining about getting to use the right bathroom and treated normally without bigots spazzing out over simple shit.
>>
>>6131200
I don't disagree with you.
>>
>>6131192
Everyone should be protected under the law. But those protections won't end homophobia, same as civil right laws didn't end racism.

Certain ways of thinking will always exist regardless. You could only hope it grows less prevalent.
>>
>>6131111
Quads speak the truth. I wouldn't want a cake from someone who thinks I'll be burning in hell for my gender and sexuality.
Some businesses/entities are a different matter, but I don't care if some pizza place or cake in the fucking south doesn't want to serve my degenerate ass and I can spend money on a business that actually deserves it.

When it comes to people trying to deny shit like marriage licenses ala Kim Davis or firing someone for being LGBT that's where the line is drawn.
>>
File: 238487545.jpg (235KB, 510x340px) Image search: [Google]
238487545.jpg
235KB, 510x340px
>>6131086
I know that pic is unrelated, but who in the fuck would want to eat that shit? Pancakes are already nasty in that they're so fucking thick, why would you want to put an even thicker pancake in their mouth.

crepes > pancakes

fucking fight me.
>>
i mean, it should be included in pre-existing nondiscrimination laws, and there shouldn't be any laws that explicitly allow it. i suppose if you count misgendering and so on as discrimination or harassment, then yes, it should be considered the same as derogatorily misgendering a cis person.
>>
Yes. Stuff like Kim Davis acting out and lawmarkers pushing the bathroom meme out of butthurt shouldn't be allowed. The struggle isn't over just because gays can put rings on each other's fingers.
>>
>>6131282
All pancakes are thin except for American pancakes. Crepes are even thinner.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pancake
>>
>>6131120
>>6131126
>>6131141
>>6131148
>>6131192
>>6131307
>>6131367

So you'd happily put more restrictions on people's rights for your benefit? At what point would you draw the line?
>>
>>6131141
>open up company that provides services to those who everyone else doesn't serve
>make hella profits
>???
>>
>>6131086
Personally I've always been of the mind that private enterprises should be able to deny service for any reason they so please. It shouldn't matter if it's because that guys the wrong color, or if another guys likes dicks, or if someone's shirt is the wrong color, or if they just felt like being an asshole. If they don't want to serve someone I see no reason as to why they should have to serve them.

If someone won't do something for you for whatever reason, then go find someone else to do it for you. If you live in a first world country it shouldn't be that difficult. If somehow you can't find someone else then I guess you're just out of luck.

Only exception I can really think of that I would be willing to defend is if someone walks into a private hospital bleeding to death and they need medical treatment right there or they're gonna die. Even then that should be covered by the hippocratic oath, so it shouldn't be a consideration anyway.
>>
>>6131086
none of those protect me
i don't want to be forced to perform a service just because the person i don't want to serve is a minority of some kind
>>
>>6131832
No way the human right to discriminate should be protected at all costs.
>>
>>6131887
But they're not "private" enterprises. Generally speaking business open up to serve the public. And by "public" I mean straights, gays, whites, blacks, natives and foreigners. That's part of the deal when a municipality allows you to open a storefront or do business.

if you don't want to have certain people as customers, then you shouldn't be serving the "public". Get a fucking office job or something.
>>
>>6133466
Ok, sure, but can you explain at what point a municipality is allowing you to open a storefront or do business? I'm a bit confused about that.
>>
>>6134121
Usually because your business is taxed differently. Some countries have specific laws left over from old times. In England a pub is not able to deny anyone a glass of water.
>>
>>6134192
So it's defined completely arbitrarily?
>>
>>6134292
That depends on your country. There might be fallen states in Africa that are unable to govern which allows businesses to do as they wish until the local warlord comes for tributes. It all depends on your society.
>>
>>6134305
Well, I'm personally of the mind that people shouldn't have to serve anyone they don't want to. Obviously the law is going to be different in some cases.
>>
>>6134351
Everyone is welcome to their own opinions. These societies also tend to have other laws unique to business ownership. These laws can include public health and safety, fire safety, health inspections. Other countries don't have these laws or they make it illegal to be homosexual.

Some people believe that majority rule and state autonomy should go above any other considerations. Yet another group believes that protecting human rights as defined by the declaration of human rights or by the united nations should get priority for intervention. When anti-discrimination laws pass you shouldn't blame the discriminated minority but you should blame the society that upholds values against discrimination.

It doesn't have to make sense to you and it might seem arbitrary. But this is because nobody planned any of this, it just sort of happened over time as humans organized themselves into groups.
>>
>>6131086

Would most of the people who are fine with no anti-discrimination laws still hold that position for a country with much more rampant discrimination? Where, for example, a gay man might not be able to find a doctor because of rampant homphobia?

I strongly think this "no protective laws? cool mang who needs em" is not based on moral consistency but simply based on being able to live in the west, where the average homo - for now - only need worry about some indie bakery or Hobby Lobby.
>>
>>6131086
make malicious misgendering a crime
>>
>>6131086

It's a non issue, just walk to a shop that sells gay cakes.
Secondly, why would you ever want to buy a cake from a gay hater who was forced to bake gay cakes? He might secretly spit on the cake on the backroom, and why would you want to financially support a person like this?
And even if the only cake shop in town was owned by a gay hater would you want to support him? I would rather have no cake at all than to give money for someone has this type of attitude towards gay people.

Let people express their bigotry freely so I can make note of it and make sure I have nothing to do with those people.
>>
File: 1453576901295.png (134KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
1453576901295.png
134KB, 600x601px
>>6134435
>>
File: 1461337722033.png (31KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1461337722033.png
31KB, 321x322px
>>6131086
I wanna fuck those pancakes
>>
A company has no right to serve you anything. They should be able to deny service to anyone service for any reason without consequence. The reason that the vast majority of businesses give you any service at all is because that's the only way that they will make money. You have to remember that when you are buying something from someone else, it's a two-way street. Paying for a service and providing said service are both required for any business to happen. If you don't have money to pay or they refuse you service then there's nothing to be done and it doesn't matter the justification of either party.

This is only true for private entities, of course, a government run institution or one that provides a service like medical care doesn't have the right to refuse based on anything but their own safety being compromised.

The laws that are in place right now protect everyone from harm while also protecting many rights such as free speech. Laws that outlaw something as vague as hate speech or as potentially innocent as misgendering compromise everyone's rights including those of the LGBT community.
>>
>>6131086
Our communities are toxic as fuck, why would anyone want to protect them? What cultural value do we provide to society?

Super AIDS?
>>
>>6131086
Yes, of course.
Since people aren't capable of empathy and keeping respectable to others, there's be a need for laws to keep people in place.
>>
>>6136091
A business is still beholden to the government which is beholden to the citizens.
>>
>>6136091
You're retarded, if society worked like you wanted it to do, we'd be back with slavery and other shit.
>>
>>6131086
I support such legal protections because I've been fired before and harassed at workplaces for being an androgynous faggot.
>>
>>6136178
In what way does explicitly stating that you can not force an unwilling party to do something under any circumstances amount to slavery?
>>
>>6136281
A business can't discriminate if the law says so. The only people that get around this are sovereign citizens which the government regards as enemies of the state.
>>
>>6136314
OK. But this conversation started by stating whether or not a new anti-discrimination law should be put into place. Just because a law can be made does not mean that it should be made and I am of the opinion that it should not.
This is not to say that I am not against unfair discriminatory practices, of course, but "discriminate" is far too general and vague a word to use in any case. What counts as discrimination and how do we decide what gets put into law?
>>
>>6136373
Is it a new law or isn't it just an extension of laws already in place? For some reason I never hear about racial discrimination in businesses anymore.
>>
>>6131411
>All pancakes are thin except for American pancakes.
>conversation started over a pic of asian pancakes which are/can be thicker than american ones

Also the original crepe is a bit thicker than what people generally think of for crepes.
>>
>>6136538
yeah, probably an amendment to the Civil Rights Act to include LGBT, and in this case Title II. Idk what OP was thinking it would be..
>>
>>6136538
>For some reason I never hear about racial discrimination in businesses anymore.
Because what you "hear about" is based on what gets the most attention and viewership for media companies, so it's more focused on violence and incendiary politics and immigration and those lgbt weirdos. Discrimination stuff usually makes news when someone actually involved goes to the media to get attention to help when they're having trouble getting the discrimination taken seriously or thrown out respectively, otherwise discrimination issues are taken care of quietly in court.
>>
>>6131859
>open up company that provides services to those who everyone else doesn't serve
That would only work if nobody could hide being an unwanted outsider and thus forced to visit your company.
Else they wouldn't be your customer.
>>
I'm conflicted.

On one hand I don't want the government telling business what to do, and serve people they don't like; but on the flip side I think it's a little unfair that someone could kick me out of their store because of private life. I'd be pretty upset if I wasn't allowed to go my favourite record/book/gun store anymore.
>>
>>6131086
Soo
What kind of pancakes are these?
>>
>>6131086
Tbh there isn't anything wrong with hate speech it just makes it obvious you are a moron. Same goes for forcing people to bake or whatever if you debt service because your an inbreed bigot people will see and just like it's your choice to not serve gay people it's the people's right to not buy your service. Just like what we saw with the bakery in Chicago. The only protection needed for the lgbt people out there is the same as everyone else. Protection from being fired/assaulted simply cuz your gay. If someone doesn't want to take your money that's their problem and they don't know how to run a buisness and if someone want to yell at you in the street fucking ignore them they just look like a crazy person then.
>>
I don't really give a shit about what's going on in this thread, but how do I make pancakes like this?
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.