[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does this board have issues with gender fluidity or demisexuality?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (99KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99KB, 640x1136px
Does this board have issues with gender fluidity or demisexuality? Obviously different people are different just wondering if it's generally a more inclusive board or not. My first reply was kinda hateful
>>
>>5971859
back2tumblr with your memegenders
alternatively kys
>>
>>5971859
I can't speak for the entire board but I think demisexuality/gender fluidity are ridiculous concepts. I don't hate the people, I just think they're confused
>>
>>5971859
>gender fluid
>demisexual

straight cis people hijacking lgbt
>>
>>5971859
>demisexuality

thor/human?
>>
If you don't have dysphoria, you aren't trans.

If you feel like wearing a dress and makeup one day but not the next day, it doesn't mean your gender is fluid. It means your mood changed.

If you have actual dysphoria about your genitals and wish to be neuter to solve that, or some mix of male and female that's comfortable to you, then you are transgender and nonbinary.
>>
>>5971859
>Does this board have issues with gender fluidity or demisexuality?

Not at all, humor is always welcomed
>>
>>5971859
Yeah, you could safely say this board is pretty hostile. Anonymity and being a part of 4chan strips /lgbt/ of more traditional LGBT groups unquestioning acceptance and support.

Trans people pick fights if anyone tries to claim they do not need dysphoria to be trans.
And to be honest even among the other identities that spell check puts red squiggles under, demisexuality seems less than legitimate.
I kind of understand asexuals, and I can see why they'd be a part of the community, but I never understood why people bother to identify as demisexual.
You're only attracted to people that you have an emotional connection too, m'kay. That's a characteristic that requires communal support and wider recognition because, why exactly?

I mean what's the worst thing a demisexual will experience; going to a strip club and being bored?
>>
>>5971859
They're special snowflake gender.

Let's keep them in Tumblr
>>
>>5972180
Thanks for your response. I actually have really bad gender dysphoria, and slip into a really depressed mindset over it from time to time. I often times lament over being born a male and hate myself for it, but don't feel like transitioning would be a good idea, instead just being myself around people in really comfortable with or online, and otherwise just repressing the heck out of it.

And yeah I can understand your response to the demisexuality thing. I actually feel more asexual than anything but have had people identify it that way, but I know it's not a widely accepted term so maybe just stick with ace since I would never actively want to pursue anything sexual since it frankly disgusts me (even though I know that's wrong)

Thanks for the reply
>>
>>5971859
You're on the subforum of a generally conservative-leaning website. Don't expect Tumblrisms to go down too well.
>>
>>5972528
See, this is why I hate all things non-binary being perceived as a tumblr phenomenon. OP, I'm a non-binary pansexual myself, but I generally refer to myself as a bisexual FtM around here because it's close enough and even just mentioning anything that isn't gay/bisexual, or binary trans starts shit around here and I don't have time for the same argument every damn day.
>>
Gender fluid isn't a thing
Demisexual is a thing but it doesn't really belong here
Before you ask, otherkin and tulpas aren't things either
>>
>>5972557
>bisexual ftm

cuz that's what you literally really are
>>
>>5972569
I don't understand your logic. Why are you happy to declare demisexuals are real, but then reject genderfluid people in the same breath? What criteria do you use to determine what's real?
>>
The only real sexualities there are;
>Gay
>Straight
>Bi
You can also be;
>MtF and be lesbian (i.e. want to fuck women) because you perceive yourself as a woman (I don't quite get it, but hey, it's there)
Other than that, nothing else exists. It's stupid shit and you should probably fuck fof.
>>
>>5972579
because demisexual is basically a flavor of heterosexuality

so it has a reflection is social/psychological reality

gender fluid on the other hand, has no basis neither in social reality nor in psychology, it's a pointless self identification

tulpas are real tho-real as in, as a creations of someone's mind
>>
>>5972557
I mean people didn't even recognize bisexual as a real thing for the longest time, and before that homosexuality was treated as a disease too. It just kinda blows my mind there's so much close mindedness about these things in a community designed for inclusion. But "conservative leaning values" would be to fear change even when it's hypocritical I guess

idk, you're a trooper for putting up with it. I'll find myself a different board i guess
>>
>>5972557
Again, you're on a right-wing forum. Do you REALLY think ideas as radical as yours are going to be accepted here?
>>
>>5972621
Didn't I just tell you how I deal with it? If I thought non-binary/pansexual was going to be accepted, why would I then choose to filter my identity into something accepted on this board?
>>
>>5972603
why is demisexuality necessarily heterosexual?
>>
demisexual talk ahead maybe tldr sorry

prior to learning the definition for demisexuality i could best describe myself as pansexual/asexual. my attraction has never depended on gender/ i dont identify as bisexual because i dont consider myself as attracted to any gender and that seems to not fit the definition (doesnt really fit pansexual either) ive been hot and cold about identifying as demisexual even though the definition fits because of the obvious reaction and presumptions surrounding it. i support a furthering of lgbt language/ creation of that language to describe traits but its been hard for me to accept demisexual even though it seems right for me. i usually tell people im bisexual if its ever brought up for convenience sake

also wish that the discussion surrounding demisexuality focused on lack of attraction vs sex. actually i find a lot of asexual/grey-ace discussions to be weird with the "never has sex never ever" narrative. usually when people talk about their sexuality they are referring to who they are attracted to not necessarily who they are fucking. and if they aren't attracted to anyone/ any gender shouldn't there be a word for that?
>>
>>5972662
agreed with all of this so much
>>
>>5971906
>>5971906
>>5971906
>>5971906
This.

Same with hetero aces and ~pansexuals~ who only ever date straight anyways.
>>
>>5972603
Tulpas are not real, it's just adults with imaginary friends. There wouldn't be a word for it if the internet didn't let stupid people bounce stupid ideas off each other.
>>
>>5972049
nonbinary doesn't exist
>>
>tfw your gender fluid comes out
>>
>>5971906
I identify as genderfluid and I'm legit trans, I just present as my birth gender in day-to-day life because I'm not passable and can't come out to my friends or family
>>
>>5972438
>ace since I would never actively want to pursue anything sexual since it frankly disgusts me (even though I know that's wrong)
Personally as a gay dude I don't see anything wrong with not wanting to have sex, or not getting turned on by other people.
Asexual general could be helpful, chill crowd of folks that are alright with a wide spectrum of asexual people including demisexual people IIRC. Although they're a very slow board, and are prone to having a couple douchy allosexuals express their inane and trite "asexuality don't real" opinions.

When it comes to managing your dysphoria the handful of threads on dysphoria might be helpful, but I'd suggest avoiding the many trans generals since they're very hegemonic and might denigrate you for deciding that transitioning is not for you. While I don't really spend much time looking into many of the trans threads and generals here; from what I can tell they're dominated by people undergoing a transition (pills, SRS, makeup tips, etc), and they can be very combative to anyone that's not handling their dysphoria the same way.
Also to note with this board, because it's 4chan there's a ton of shitposting by pollaks (i.e. more often than not closeted self loathing trans/gay people), TERFs, and other transphobes.

I guess just be wary of the trans topics and generals; and if you're looking for a place to be comfortable with yourself and others, then acegen would be the place to hangout.
>>
>>5974925
Haha I'm used to the shit posters, just had to see if I got any actual replies and thankfully I got a few actually helpful ones in here :)
I'll definitely check out the ace general thread, and avoid the trans generals. I can get why people in those threads can be combative, transitioning is about as life altering as it gets and not going about things the same way could be seen as an attack on what's a very big step they're taking? It takes all types though.
Thanks so much for the helpful response!
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.