[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /lgbt/ want to maybe do some good and sign this petition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: execution.jpg (56KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
execution.jpg
56KB, 800x450px
Hey /lgbt/ want to maybe do some good and sign this petition urging Saudi Arabia to cease the execution of LGBT peoples?

https://www.change.org/p/stop-the-execution-of-lgbt-people-in-saudi-arabia
>>
>>5962272
the difference between signing this petition and doing absolutely nothing is so minute, I don't believe modern science has the technology to appreciably measure it.
>>
>>5962272
that's racist
>>
>>5962299
When enough people band together and apply enough pressure change can be made, it is apathy in the mind of one individual and the spreading of that apathy that keeps the status quo in tow.
>>
>>5962307
Islam is not a race.
>>
>>5962324
naw man, I'm pretty sure it's the Saudi royal family that keeps the status quo in tow

you think this is the first time in history someone has tried to pressure the Saudis to improve on human rights?
>>
>>5962330
people only dislike islam because most muslims aren't white
>>
A petition doesn't help. Saudi Arabia is USA's important business and military ally(which Donald Trump questions by the way) and the only way to do something is that States and UK start boycotting them. Which I don't see happening with britbongs making more weapon contracts with them, gays supporting Hillary Clinton who takes money from them for her campaign and most likely people not wanting to stop using cheap oil.
>>
File: why_jintao.jpg (48KB, 393x519px) Image search: [Google]
why_jintao.jpg
48KB, 393x519px
>>5962342

More than this, the letter you want people to sign is exactly one paragraph plus a sentence. Why don't you just send them a fucking postcard?
>>
It's just cultural misunderstanding. That's just their way of saying they love you.
>>
>>5962347
No, I'm pretty sure they dislike muslims because of the daily beheadings, drownings, and bombings.
>>
>>5962347
Most people didn't even know what Islam really is before 9/11. I think some people here are already too young to remember those days but America never was the same after that.
>>
>>5962348
The U.S. forgein policy for the past 50 years has literally been 'Wahabbists under the control of the Saudis > The hellspawn of a failed state that arises from the ashes of the Arabian penninsula when there's no longer a centralized legitimate government that can bribe people into not waging wars trying to capture the lucrative oil resources in the region.'

That being said, the U.S. should be far more aggressive in pushing the Saudi govt. on human rights, and probably pair that with an agreement to provide large amounts of counter-terrorism support whenever an Arabian version of Boko Haram sprouts up in the region in response to the modernization.

I doubt the current regime could realistically become a liberal state (in the sense of adhering to personal liberties and protecting them) but it is right to assume that we can push them to not be brutal.

Also, just a quick reminder that we could be living in a stable world with constitutional Hashemite monarchies and post-soviet states transitioning to democracy if the Brits and the French hadn't decided to be so greedy after WWI but Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo they couldn't bother to think ahead more than 10 years...
>>
>>5962375

This

You'll never see any real concern for LGBT in these shitholes because that'd be islamophobic and disrespectful of their beautiful culture

The real misogynistic patriarchal oppressive menace in the world comes from the subtle microaggressional linguistic cultural atmospheres on college campuses stemming from the toxic presence of white males, not from state-and-community endorsed executions and lynchings in islamic theocracies
>>
File: bieb.jpg (148KB, 620x917px) Image search: [Google]
bieb.jpg
148KB, 620x917px
>>5962548
>>
A petition you say!
This will surely work once they get those hundred signatures!
change.org is cancer and online petitions won't do shit.
You won't stop those muslims from doing this and they don't want anything but sharia.
Islam is cancer.
>>
>>5962324

Signing a Change.org petition applies absolutely no fucking pressure whatsoever.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.