[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else wish they could have been born in a different

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1401985356125.png (191KB, 1248x1284px) Image search: [Google]
1401985356125.png
191KB, 1248x1284px
Does anyone else wish they could have been born in a different time? I wish I could spend my 20s in the 80s instead of now. The glory days of being gay where you lived fast, fucked hard, and died young of aids. Now a days all you get is to be suicidally depressed. I live in squalor just for the futile hopes of getting a degree and don't do shit because I live in the midwest where there's nothing to do. I'd love for the ability to go back in time when shit was good instead of living in this hell with other millennials.
>>
i feel like being gay in the 80's would be like being trans now: kinda seen as jumping on the bandwagon, there's only one accepted form of being gay (super campy, cutoff shirts, bruce jenner hair), and everyone thinks you already have aids. it would be cool to see sonic youth in their prime though. also a bunch of cool vintage synths would be new and less expensive.
>>
>>5829323
I guess US was great before 9/11 and shit
maybe you've seen the video on seveneleven at night in 1987, its like another world and 90s were pretty amazing too
>>
>>5829323
You naive little faggot
>>
living in the 80s?

without internet?
people 20x more ignorant?

yuck
>>
I wish I lived in the 56th century, when all us faggots finally learned that straight people can't be trusted and must all be killed. We'd scout out queer children in the closet amongst the straight patriarchy, and free them from the dream world they'd been living in matrix-style. They'd wake up out of their fantasy of 3D videogames and hovercars and political correctness, and be brought to the underground cities where they'd be dirty all the time and eat cold goop and prepare to live short lives, dying young to kill straight people.

We'd give them a choice of pill too, the rainbow colored one or the black and white one. But any that choose the black and white one we'd kill, not set free, because they're straight.
>>
50's would be alright
>>
>>5829414
LOL Yes!!! This.

I was one of the few non ignorant people in that I researched stuff I wanted to know in a research library.
>>
No fucking thanks
I watched a BBC Horizon episode made in New York, 1983 about the AIDS epidemic
First off, all the guys were hairy and disheveled looking as shit, not just the gay guys, when you watch candid videos of normal people from before the 90s you realise they just had a far lower and less clean standard of living
Also AIDS pretty much scrambles your brain, they couldnt even move coherently past a certain point

At least now I can talk to fellow sperglords on the internet
>>
I wouldn't mind being a castrated girly femboy in the byzantine empire.
>>
>>5829351
Who cares? All I'd care about is having a good but short life. Now a days all I can expect is to live a long drawn out miserable life. Hopefully assisted suicide becomes legal in the future because life ain't worth living unless you're rich and can instantly make people love you with a large enough wad of cash.
>>
>>5830313
Great minds think alike
>>
>>5829474
Bedtime
>>
>>5830360
Drugs
>>
>>5830144
The real scary thing was not knowing in those first few years. Over the next decade I watched over 1/4th of my friends die, including former sex partners. I got tested as soon as I could, but we didn't know if there were undetectable strains, or how long it took before it could be detected. So it was still stressful.
>>
have you seen any of gregg araki's films? i just watched Totally Fucked Up and it perfectly described the aesthetic you're talking about.

too bad i'm a tranny so my life would have been even worse then lmao
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.