[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you can't be trans* unless you're diagnosed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 56.jpg (29KB, 283x283px) Image search: [Google]
56.jpg
29KB, 283x283px
>you can't be trans* unless you're diagnosed with dysphoria
>>
File: 1455594176148.jpg (19KB, 283x283px) Image search: [Google]
1455594176148.jpg
19KB, 283x283px
>you can be trans* without being diagnosed with dysphoria
>>
>>5732169

You're right. Here's the correct phrase.
>You can't be transgender without feeling dysphoria, otherwise, you're a snowflake
>>
>>5732195
>I'm going to label you a gender against your will
>but I'm totally not transphobic or anything
>>
>>5732169
Trans literally means you experience dysphoria, find a new snowflake term for yourselves, tumblr.
>>
>>5732211

>Implying you could be anything but cis if you don't have dysphoria

The furthest you can go from being normal while being cis and trying to be another gender is some kind of body modifier. That's it. Otherwise you're an attention whore with a made-up identity.
>>
>>5732192
>trans* people didn't exist before the 20th century

>>5732230
No, it just means your gender identity doesn't match your assigned sex.
>>
>>5732323
This is correct
>>
>>5732323
>No, it just means your gender identity doesn't match your assigned sex

I have short hair and never wear dresses and participate in a primarily male dominated field but I love my body does this mean I'm trans* desu? :3

Because according to this it does. Time for oppression points.
>>
>>5732529
Do you not identify as/with the gender you were assigned at birth? Because you didn't discuss that.
>>
>>5732588
please define gender, oh great and wise snowflake
>>
>comfortable with gender assigned at birth
>trans
Pick one.
>>
If you don't have dysphoria, you're not trans. By definition, if you don't have dysphoria, you're comfortable with your assigned gender. That means you're not trans.
>>
>>5732323
and how do you know it doesnt match? what's that deep nagging feeling called?
>>
>>5735651
this basically. I've always thought the "non-dysphoric" trans thing was a bit of an oxymoron, dysphoria is literally the feeling of wanting to transition, if you have no innate desire to transition to another gender, why would you? The only reasons I could think of are "political statement" and "popularity/attention", in which case fuck you. My identity is not a political statement, and it sure as hell isnt a fashion statement.
>>
>>5732529
You're describing gender roles / gender expression. That's not the same as gender identity. Do feel uncomfortable about being seen as female, having a female name or female pronouns used to refer to you? Do your role models tend to be predominantly male? Does having breasts and a vagina make you uncomfortable?

>>5735692
My understanding was that non-dysphoric trans either think they can't be androgynous without being trans, or misunderstand what dysphoria is, thinking they don't have it because they learned a very strict definition of it. Even here there's a lot of confusion, like people thinking they can't be mtf because they don't mind having a penis.
>>
All trans people have dysphoria, whether they realize it or not. The problem is people wanting to be special and not realizing dysphoria is more than just "i don't have a dick, so I cry myself to sleep and cut every night", rather than people "pretending" to be trans. If you somehow didn't have dysphoria, you'd have no reason to change anything and wouldn't know you were trans anyway.
Also, referring exclusively to Binary Trans People™ here. Lots of cis people think they're nonbinary because they like wearing basketball shorts or dresses or whatever. I've had at least three cis friends go through a "genderfluid uwu" phase and I personally went through a "genderfluid uwu" phase.
>>
>>5736137
>Also, referring exclusively to Binary Trans People™ here. Lots of cis people think they're nonbinary because they like wearing basketball shorts or dresses or whatever. I've had at least three cis friends go through a "genderfluid uwu" phase and I personally went through a "genderfluid uwu" phase.
Do actual nonbinaries exist? How would legitimate ones be different than that? The concept doesn't even make much sense to me honestly.
>>
>>5736137
I think it's possible for people want to transition from mental instability rather than actually being trans.Not saying it's most people or "trannnies are crazy" or something, just that unstable people who already struggle with their identity in general, or hypochondriac-types who could see an idea and obsess over it applying to them, I can see how people like that may be drawn to making such extreme changes to their body.
>>
>>5732169
But it is true.
>>
>>5736260
It's really just people confusing gender and gender roles again.
"I like having boobs but I also don't like to shave my legs... I must be BOTH male and female :D"
>>
>>5735673
Suicidal tendencies and alcoholism.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.