[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here on the autistic spectrum? If so, am I alone in not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

File: autism.png (51KB, 338x288px) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
51KB, 338x288px
Anyone here on the autistic spectrum?

If so, am I alone in not really getting this masculinity/femininity nonsense?

Not really understanding what gender is supposed to be?

Perhaps even doubt whether or not you have a gender?

Yes, I know, tumblr, special-snowflake, and so on, I'm just curious.
>>
Gender isn't real. Those who are born male are more likely to identify with aggression through testosterone, and aggression is seen as a male trait. Those who are born female are more likely to identify with quietness and submissiveness. Gender is a social construct.
>>
>>5660668
>Home
Are you ASD?
>>
>>5660668
>>5660769
Ignore the greentext.
>>
I just make it on the spectrum, but I really don't come off as autistic to other people. Most of the times I don't even feel like I'm autistic(maybe because It's so mild).

When I lift weights and get in good shape I feel really... masculine is not really the right word I feel like a sickcunt when I get strong and in good shape. You shouldn't really get hooked on what is and what isn't masculine/feminim.

We autists tend to overthink everything, that's at least what my therapist tells me and it's pretty common for our kind.
>>
>>5660668
>quietness
You think women are more quiet than men? kek
>>
GOTTA GET THAT GABBA
>>
>>5660637

>Not really understanding what gender is supposed to be?

It's just the behaviors associated with penis people and vagina people, what's not to understand? Women carry brood and men inseminate women, so male gender is aggressive and dominant while female gender is passive and submissive.

At this point someone always goes 'BUT I HAVE A VAGINA AND I'M STRONG AND DOMINANT!!!', but fuck those people.
>>
Just because a bunch of trans people describe themselves as "feeling like (x)" does not mean that cis people sit around feeling male/female. The dissonance between birth sex and desired sex is how trans people can "feel" their gender in the first place. If you can't "feel" your gender, it doesn't mean you "don't have one", it means everything is working fine and you're fucking cis, full stop.
>>
>>5661015
>I don't know what social construct means
>Also I believe people spend their formative years in fairy caves, completely untouched and pure from what society dictates people of a sex are supposed to do
>>
>>5661108

Society comes from biology.
>>
>>5660958
You just proved my point. Thank you.
>>
>>5660976
What?
>>
Yes, you're not alone with feeling some amount of confusion or intermittent dysphoria. i think that it's part of being autistic, really. but while you can be gender non-conforming all you want, it doesn't necessarily mean that you're trans. being nonbinary is fine, but i feel like it's the kind of thing that's very hard to be 'out' about while being taken seriously, quintuply so because you're autistic. there's absolutely nothing wrong with privately believing that you don't fit into the gender binary at all, but at the same time, expect to just be mocked by others if they find out and harassed.

just please don't start with the "autism is a gender" nonsense since while autism can influence your perception of your body's gender since all that stuff is linked in the brain, saying your gender is 'autism' with anything other than facetiousness just kinda tramples on issues of violence that trans people face
>>
>>5660637
>>5660668
I don't really get what gender roles are which honestly, like for example until just a few years ago I always thought aggression is supposed to be a very feminine trait and guys are supposed to be calm, but then tumblr came and people started openly discussing gender roles and it tunred out they have everything completely backwards compared to the reality I know
>>
>>5661117
and biology comes from society. In more ways than one.
>>
>>5662600
Some also seem to be somewhat contradictory. Like men are supposed to be logical, as well as aggressive, and impulsive? That doesn't seem very logical to me.
>>
>>5662629

>and biology comes from society.

The word "biology" and the study of biology come from society. The subject of biology, living organisms themselves, do not come from society, and all society is ultimately an emergent phenomenon of biology in this meaning of the term.
>>
>>5660637
Autism sounds like a really strange thing to me, because I find it really easy to read people. To be honest, people's behaviour is very predictable and most people are just motivated by love and lust and a desire to be liked.
I don't understand why so many intelligent people have autism. Not meaning to sound condemnatory, I have plenty of problems of my own as do we all.
>>
>>5662677
Environment is genetics is environment is genetics. You can't actually separate them and you can't say either has primacy.
>>
Can asexuality be part of the autism spectrum and manifestation? I have fetishes, some of them involve other people, but I lack the primal need to seek healthy partners and to procreate by rubbing our genitals together. Is it more likely to come from autism or trannyism?
>>
>>5663833
Autistic people are both more likely to experience a total lack of sexual attraction and depression, which may make it seem like there's no sexual attraction, so yes, and both
>>
>>5662655
Yeah, exactly

women = emotional = easy to anger and aggressive
men = in control of emotions = calm, talk through things rather than randomly start fights

That's how I've always seen it and it both made sense and was congruent with the behavior I was seeing in people and also how aggressive behavior was treated (seemed to be more punished/treated seriously in men, while if a girl started a fight people generally let it slide)

I kinda feel like a moron now cause I always thought I'm a total sissy basically for being impulsive and getting mad easily (though I gotta say I also cried a ton as a kid and it was part of the same issue of being a retard)

>>5663833
I find that aspergers is pretty common among what I'd call fetishistic asexuals, I have no clue if it comes the other way around though
>>
>>5663833
I identify as bi myself, but I have a very low sex-drive, to the point I'm quite sure I could live my entire life quite happily without having sex.
>>
>>5662599
I've certainly never considered autism as a gender.
>>
>>5664116
Oh my god, how can you be so insensitive?
>>
>>5664174
Us autists are known for our insensitivity.
>>
>>5660637
Isn't gender exploration/confusion a common sign in females with autism? i read that somewhere since the signs of autism vary among genders
>>
>>5664193
I'm not sure, but I, the OP, am male.
>>
diagnosed aspergers
I perfectly get it but its because i learned about it
My parents were able to get me enough help that i can compensate knowledge. Social training i guess you could call it its basically what you learn to help you, its being more aware of parts in convos knowing problems and limits etc.

Understanding gender comes with just that kind of stuff when you pay attention and dont intentionally try to find things to be confused about

Is the aspect of gender something that is dumb, Fuck no. Gender roles are, but only to some degree. Social Identities are subjective, Biological is objective. Things you can define by biological or some extention like how the sexes act are perfectly legit and we have made a lot of roles that only exist because of the social aspect. and many are a combo of both. Personally yeah its a little dumb the way society acts with some stuff but its not a simple Gender doesnt exist.

Gender exists because of social and biological aspects. Many times the biological are a drive for the social, and playing around in the social doesnt change you gender really. thats just greying the stuff thats social.

In terms of tumblr it is a bit. Tumblr genders tend to come more from attention and less from actual gender problems that are not subjective and made up, atleast compared to Transsexuals who have more of a biological drive.

It comes from the General tumblr mentality of wanting to be cool in the counter culture which right now is about having problems and labels. This notably extends to mostly things like Transgenderism and mental illnesses like Bipolar and Autism
>>
>>5664193

Autism is a spectrum of disorders characterized by impairment in social interactions. So, no.
>>
>>5664193
Considering that ASD are linked to high womb test it would make sense for a correlation however that doesnt correlate to anything more that biological transsexualism and why so many FtMs are autistic
>>
>>5664257
If only any of those things actually were cool.
>>
>>5663981
I guess you could say that about me, although not sure I'm an aspie. My biggest thing right now is getting fucked in the ass right now by men and women, thereby eliminating me from the dating pool because I'm less than a man. That's literally the reason I can't fuck women, even though i'm actually attracted to them. When I have sex, there has to be some sort of humiliation involved. I'm also not attracted to men at all, I wish I was but I'm just not. I try to focus on other shit in life, sex is just not for me apparently.
>>
>>5660637
It's because Gender doesn't exist. Schrodinger's Gender
>>
>>5665858
Schrodinger was male.
>>
>>5660637
Female with asperger's here. Spent a while kinda sorta not really believing in tumblr gender 2.0 stuff because i thought it was the 'right' thing to do despite the fact that it has never made any sense to me. later i started reading more feminist texts that aren't postmodern trash and found content that was much more logical than all the choose-your-own-gender stuff out there.

i definitely don't think i have a 'gender' because i don't believe gender is some innate, mystical part of your brain, in much the same way i don't believe people have souls, either. yes, i realize people relate to socially imposed gender mandates, but i think it is largely due to being brainwashed into it since day 1. for some people this gendered socialization process is more virulent than for others. i think i've been immune to a good deal of it just by being autistic, but i also know i've internalized a lot of shit that im trying to unlearn.

another thing is... the way gender is articulated these days is inherently nebulous and vague. it's these pomo semantic games. don't be fooled by them. there is sensible information out there on this
>>
>>5669381
Interesting, thanks.
>>
>>5660637
>Anyone here on the autistic spectrum?
Aspergers/HF
>If so, am I alone in not really getting this masculinity/femininity nonsense?
i don't know if you're alone but i'm not with you on this one
>Not really understanding what gender is supposed to be?
people are pretty obvious if you study them
>Perhaps even doubt whether or not you have a gender?
trans female
>Yes, I know, tumblr, special-snowflake, and so on, I'm just curious.
you're being stupid
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.