[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /LGBT I've never been here b4, I mostly spend my time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

Hey /LGBT
I've never been here b4, I mostly spend my time on /b
Anyway, my wife and I have a 2 yr old adopted son, we are also making plans to adopt a 2nd child in the next yr 1/2. We live in a rural American town so we are the only lesbian couple here, we have no real outlet to discuss with other couples about raising children. We've been trying are hardest and I think we have been the best mothers we can be so far. Our son is relatively well mannered compared to the other kids at his daycare, but he is getting close to an age where he will realise that his family structure is different from most other families.
Can anyone who is in a similar situation give advice for us, or share feels. Anything really would be appreciated.
>>
>>5454251
Become a man
>>
>>5454251
I beg you for the love of god dont get him into tranny stuff. I had a friend who had lesbian parents and got him into it and he wound up dead at 16. So please dont do it. Sorry for being pushy but it isnt worth it.

Also aside from that I would say just try to keep him involved in activities and keep him socialized. Also try out sports.

Aside from that I cant offer much support.
>>
>>5454278
Haha, don't worry, We are not tumblr lesbo,
>>
>>5454251
Raise him to be a verdant individual. Endow him with a strong moral code. Don't coddle him. Be firm when needed and kick his ass when needed. Since you're a lesbian couple at some point he and his peers are going to recognize that you're not "normal"; its going to be hard, but you need to raise him to be strong. The consequence of his relationship with you two is that he will be a focus of violent expressions. Teach him to defend himself, I'd recommend classic boxing, it's what my dad did for me when he realized I was a fag and growing up in rural Texas it was a necessity.

This is not an attack on you as a couple, but you brought a hard life upon him and it is your responsibility to make him strong and equip him with the skills to be successful. Love is not enough, life can easily slam you down and you need to teach him to get back up.
>>
>>5454288
Thank god. You guys sound cool so I wouldnt worry. Just asking but do people often associate lesbians with tumblr.
>>
>>5454310
Uhmm idk desu. but I've seen enough shit from tumblr mothers on how not to raise children. One bitch even made her son ashamed of his gender.

>>5454302
Thanks, that's actually better advice than I was hoping for. My wife is from this town, she is a pretty tough chick. She has said she wants to get our son some kind of defensive training. I brushed it off since he is young, but now that you say this I'm kinda interested in it. He is probably still too young for self defence, but maybe in a few years we can get him some training.
>>
>>5454330
>Tumblr is representative of any portion of the population apart from a miniscule minortity of top tier crazy people
>>
>>5454330
>He is probably still too young for self defence, but maybe in a few years we can get him some training.

Make sure he is physically fit. He doesn't need to provoke fights, but he needs to be able to fight if needed or run, there is no shame in that. You both need to be equipped for home defense if needed. A wooden baseball bat and a revolver are essential. Do not get a pistol; unless you know how to clear a jam quickly, which most people don't, you'll be fucked.

Personally I think a .22, a shotgun, a revolver and a bat are essential, but its your call. Educate yourself (take classes and practice on ranges) and be confident that you can pull the trigger if you have to. Us homos live in a scary world and fear is your ally, complacency and belief in the status quo is an illusion. It is your duty to protect your child at all cost.
>>
>>5454435
Yup, since we live in Hicktown, USA as basically the only gay couple, we own a few firearms. Most are for sport, but we do have revolver next to bed in a case that we unlock during the night.
>>
The only thing I'd add is to take occasional trips with him to more populated areas for perspective. It's good to have a wider view and it can be hard to get that when you're stuck in "Hicksville". It can be just a general weekend out of town, but he may get to see how other people outside of his normal space live, and it can be a gateway to discussion when he's mentally able to listen and commentate and learn from it.

And that time will come sooner than you think. People underestimate how early it can be for the mental sponges of children to absorb this sort of info. An early start thats appropriate to the age level of the child can do wonders. This goes for other important skills too such as reading/math, sports, art, and of course life values.
>>
>>5454288
>not tumblr lesbo

Doesn't matter if you are from Tumblr, you are Lesbo. By definition you are Tumblr.

You are the very fucking definition of Tumblr. Eventually you'll subtly turn him into a tranny and eventually he'll commit suicide.

Then you'll cry and blame the patriarchy but not yourselves. Cuz you din do nuffin, you just needed mo money for dem programs.
>>
As lesbians your natural instinct will be to hit each other and hate your son for his "male Privilege" try to not give your partner a black eye and remove feminism from your house.
>>
>>5456110
this
>>
>>5456064
This is actually pretty good advice.
>>
>>5454251
you sound trans, you should consider transitioning.
>>
>>5456227
is this a meme?
>>
May i ask why you girls decided to adopt instead of get one of you preggo ?
>>
File: rusrs.jpg (119KB, 628x418px) Image search: [Google]
rusrs.jpg
119KB, 628x418px
>>5456166
>>5456110

samefag pls go
>>
>>5454302

This is some fuckin' good advice. I'm an openly gay individual with a slim build, and I got picked on a shitload for that stuff and I imagine other kids will pick on your kid for having lesbian parents. Teach the little shit how to fight and I guarantee you people will leave him alone. All it took for me to get respect at my school growing up was for one guy to try to beat up the gay kid only for him to end up with a broken jaw.

Like the guy said, boxing is good, but i'd honestly get him into an MMA gym since they'll teach him to grapple as well. Grappling is incredibly effective and something most people don't know how to deal with.
>>
File: projection.jpg (34KB, 490x333px) Image search: [Google]
projection.jpg
34KB, 490x333px
>>5456110
>>
>>5456401
Wife doesn't like the idea of being preggo, I am unable to reproduce/high chance if I get preggo it will be stillborn.
>>
>>5456401
Also it's damn expensive to do it that way. We figured we would save money, and at the same time give a loving home to a child who would not have it otherwise.
>>
File: 1447878535002.png (109KB, 221x380px) Image search: [Google]
1447878535002.png
109KB, 221x380px
>>5454251
Not in a similar situation. Just raise him really tough though. That way he can deal with the shit he inevitably takes from other kids. Protips from a dork shoved in lockers. Being able to fight in the first place is 90% of the battle.
>>
>>5456541
>>5456549
Im glad you did it.
I wish you the best luck.
Any special reason why to choose a boy instead of a girl ?
For years i have think that my mom may be lesbian but she is way too conservative.
>>
>>5456568
Actually, when we applied to adopt we didn't specify a gender, we specified age, and a little bit of backround, but beyond that we would happily have taken any child whom needed it.
>>
>>5456568
The choice was eventually ours on who to adopt, but we really didn't feel comfortable turning any child down, so our son was the 1st option that was given to us after our application was approved.
>>
>>5454251
Holy fuck kids are messy. I want to be a father one day but there's no way I could do it alone.
>>5454302
This. Teach him self-defense and make sure he exercises.
For the longest time I was weaker than most women but when I finally exercised I got muscles that never went away, even after a month stuck in a hospital bed.
Guess it's the one good thing about all this testosterone.
I'm still fairly weak due to heart problems but it blew my mind how much muscle I could keep on without exercise. I just had to develop it first.
>>5454302
I'm not a father yet but this seems like great advice.
I just want to make sure that when you bust his ass down, make sure he knows that it's out of love for him, even if he doesn't truly understand until he's an adult.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.