[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >gay college student >straight LGBT orientation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: disturbed.png (270KB, 594x345px) Image search: [Google]
disturbed.png
270KB, 594x345px
>be me
>gay college student
>straight LGBT orientation leaders are lecturing me on "sensitivity" and "tolerance"
>Ask them why the LGBT community decided to add a Q for queer to their acronym when queer originally stands for a derogatory slur against gays that is almost on par with the F word
>Tell me that the term is being reclaimed as an "umbrella" term to classify and refer to non-straight people
>Tell them that a great majority of homosexuals and bisexuals, myself included, are actually very uncomfortable with that term because it is still a slur, and that we really don't like being labeled and grouped together as abnormal with that term
>They ask me to refrain from using the word homosexual because it is now deemed to be offensive as a result of it being appropriated by people who use the phrase "no homo"
>MFW
>>
>>5345131
no homo bro
>>
>>5345131
autism much.
>>
Well it is being repurposed, or trying to at least, to describe any sexuality outside of standard relationships. Queer theorists would even state straight furries or men with dominatrix fetishes are queer

Tldr- don't let the word get you down. If you don't think it applies to you, then it doesn't
>>
Queer identity comes from female privilege. Cis Females are not hurt by the word queer. It is not shouted at them while they are being beaten and murdered. Women have no right "reclaiming" the word queer because they were never the ones being called queer. Instead, queer is a mask of oppression women can put on a pretend that they are not the most privileged things to walk the earth.
>>
File: PCPrincipal.jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
PCPrincipal.jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
>>5345131
That sucks, pal. The PC stuff isn't about respecting you as an individual. It's about someone else's power grab.
>>
File: image.png (195KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
195KB, 750x1334px
>>5345201
Wow, you're actually right about that. However, there are plenty of homosexual and bisexual females who despise being labeled with that term as well.
>>
>homosexual is now a slur

KEEP ON ROCKING IN THE FREE WORLD
>>
>>5345166
>queer theorists
>>
File: 142342.jpg (24KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
142342.jpg
24KB, 720x480px
>>5345166
>Queer theorists
>>
>>5345131
>Great majority
Really?
This is news to me, as is homosexual falling out of favor. I'll have an entertaining time when I come back into contact with more LGBT+ groups, then, won't I?
>>
>LGBT orientation

what
>>
>>5345131
as expected of "allies"
>>
>>5345131
>straight LGBT orientation leaders
See? This is why the entire movement turned into total shit.
We're being led by the uneducated and the ignorant with a severe hero complex and who have literally no experience on the subject matter.

It's like having liberal arts student lead the mars mission.
THAT SHIT WILL NOT FLY.
>>
>>5345131

One of you should have wised the fuck up and immediately segued into the point that "Everyone's experiences are different, and some people are insulted by what others take as a compliment. Try to be mindful of what you say, and be understanding of what other people are trying to say."

Then all y'all can calm ur tits.
>>
>>5347185
>live in a country accepting LGB but not TQA+
>see on the internet the storm coming in the next decades

Please, keep this in U.S.
>>
Threads and topics like this are why I cultivate my internalized homophobia. Jesus Christ.
>>
Loool are you me, anon?

I'm not a member of the LGBTWTFBBQ+*^2 but I'm an earth science major. It's a great department, but for some reason is in the liberal arts building. A lot of anthro and soc majors take earth science classes--especially political, urban and human geography and shit like that. So I get to have my fair share of obnoxious run-ins with these types.

Worse, a friend of a friend has recently drank the tumblr koolaid and is suddenly an activist. So I have to meet her repeatedly.

All the dumb shit I've heard could fill a big-assed book.
>>
>>5345131
Tell them to check their privilege and stop oppressing you.
>>
>>5345131
Better yet. YOU are oppressing THEM. Check YOUR privilege faggot. >:(
>>
I had a similar experience with a therapist trainee. Went in to talk about depressive tranny stuff. They absolutely insisted on using female pronouns for me, even when I said I wasn't ready. I insisted, "no, it's fine, just use male pronouns for now". It took 10 minutes before they backed down, and then every so often the bring it up again, as if they never listened to what I previously said. Pronouns are not the biggest issue facing trannies! But, if you talked to them, you'd think it was. God dammit! Fuck sjw's.
>>
I live in a first world country and my life is in no danger because of my gender or sexuality.

Call me whatever the hell you want. I don't give a shit. People don't get to claim sensitivity to a word because of 'history' if they were never part of that history.

People get so hung up on words. The intent behind them is infinitely more important.
>>
>>5351080
sorry, but lgbt is a global movement
it's not limited just to 1st world
>>
>>5351117
Obviously. But most of the people complaining about little things are from the most comfortable places in the world.
>>
I legitimately feel like a straight guy around people involved in the queer community, even though I'm gay.

white, cis, and not outwardly gay at all. I'm like one badly timed joke away from being called self-hating or some shit.

I get sideways looks from the very visibly gay dudes, and most trans people either won't talk to me or keep it to a bare minimum. One trans girl I met literally just answered anything I said/asked with grunts and otherwise wouldn't look at me.

Funniest part is I have a bunch of gay friends not in the community who are chill, and even some trans buds who tell more offensive jokes than I ever do.

I'm always in these threads rolling my eyes at melodramatic statements about LGBT clubs, but I won't lie, they can be alienating.
>>
Can... Can straight people be lgtb leaders?

If that's the case, I'm as a male going to become a feminist leader.

The feminism is a good movement, but it really needs a strong male to give them focus and show results. Feminism is doomed with silly girls as leaders of the movement.
>>
>>5351374
Some dude already beat you to it. I cant remember exactly which feminist organization it was, but What's hilarious is that now the girls in the group are accusing him of abuse and sexual harassment.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.