[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any trans on here ever have trouble with gatekeepers making transition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: Thegatekeeper.jpg (119KB, 950x768px) Image search: [Google]
Thegatekeeper.jpg
119KB, 950x768px
Any trans on here ever have trouble with gatekeepers making transition difficult?
>>
haha fuck you Curtis
>>
>>5285120
What?
>>
>>5285099
Yes. >>5283043
>>
>>5285099
They won't believe me when I say I'm trigender :( just because I'm non-binary and don't have dysphoria. I want to kill him. It's my choice.
>>
>>5285099
I haven't had any trouble with gatekeepers, but I've had plenty of problems with total incompetence.
>>
>>5285196
Anecdotes?
>>
>>5285276
I'm not really sure what you're asking for here.
>>
>>5285338
Stories, experiences with gatekeepers.
>>
>>5285377
Like I said, I've never had trouble with gatekeepers. All my problems have been with people who wanted to help, but were genuinely incompetent.
>>
>>5285390
Sorry I caught the stupid, I meant stories of incompetence.
>>
All gays and bi,s and transgender should die. Fuckin fags
>>
Nope. Went to therapy for a few months, got approved for HRT, got on 'mones same day as the endo visit. Everything was smooth
>>
>>5285427
I'll try to post some stuff later, sure.
>>
File: 1380660610150.jpg (35KB, 414x720px) Image search: [Google]
1380660610150.jpg
35KB, 414x720px
>>5285099

So far, no. I got my GID diagnosis from a psychiatrist on the first appointment. What I've been having trouble with is seeing an endocrinologist.

The psychiatrist made me a prescription for any endocrinologist, but suggested I check out the endocrinologist on the floor above his in the hospital, who treats other trans people.

I went up to the endocrinologist's office, and it was entirely empty and dark except for the lit office behind the counter where there were two receptionists or nurses. I asked if I could make an appointment and they asked to see my insurance. I handed it over, but they said he doesn't take mine up there, and to see him, I would have to go through the primary care clinic of the hospital, where they do accept my insurance.

I went down, and there were 9 or so people there. I wasn't too sure about it, since who knows if the other people in the lobby were transphobic or if the insurance company wouldn't pay for it because I the referral was from a psychiatrist instead of my PCP. I called my insurance yesterday to see if I could use that referral without worry of being charged. They told me yes. I then called the same hospital's primary care clinic, whose number I found online, to set up an endocrinology appointment. They said the next open appointment was in March. I turned them down.

I then decided to call the other hospital near my college. However, I'm having trouble even finding the right contact info for the endocrinologists over there. I called the number that was allegedly the endocrinology's division today and cardiology answered.

If I can't get an appointment within two or three months of making contact with them, I'll try the hospital closer to my house.
>>
>>5287421
>They said the next open appointment was in March. I turned them down.
Should have accepted the appointment. You can always cancel

Also at that point I'd just start self-medding while you wait for an appointment
>>
>>5287421
honestly would've just taken the appointment in march and waited. march is only a few months away, it was a guaranteed spot which leads to a usual thing with a doctor that works so closely to one you already see. makes life easier if they have to communicate back and forth. just lots of upside. can understand the lack of patience though. shit sucks waiting to get started
>>
>>5287421
I had a similar experience, got my GID diagnosis the first psych appointment, had to schedule an endo appointment. the soonest the 1st suggestion by my psych would do was early february (this was at the beginning of Nov) I made it then called the 2nd suggestion but they were even further off so I just kept mine with the 1st choice. no it's just a waiting game.
>>
Took me about a year of therapist, psychiatrist and psychologist visits to get diagnosis for GID, but taking that long seems to be the norm here, or so I was told. Got on HRT not even a month after that.
>>
>>5287431

I am self-medding. I just want to see an endocrinologist for the blood tests and to start injections because state laws require prescriptions to order more than 10 needles at a time and orders from a doctor to get lab tests. Apparently I can't even go over state lines to get lab tests done. Not that I have a ride, I would have to take Greyhound or something.

>>5287447

Yeah. I didn't think of that because I was standing outside in ~40 degrees F and I was kept on hold for quite a while. Long enough to listen to a good bit of Vivaldi's fall and spring. The only thing on my mind was about how I would need to purchase more hormones online if I'm going to be seen in March when I was talking to her.

>>5287508

I guess it is. I'll call again and hope it's not even further back than March. At least they were easy to get in touch with.

>>5287649

Why did you see so many different people?
>>
>>5285099
I was seeing a shrink for years before they have me hormones and I was 100% sure when I started my sessions. I was 14 when I started and didn't get blockers until 17.

I hate her and everyone who stood in my way back then. My voice got rekt and my height went up like crazy.

Fuck gatekeepers desu.
>>
>>5287421
Just go ic and save thousands upon thousands of dollars in the near term
>>
>>5288486

How would I save money now? I've already got the GID diagnosis. The stage I'm at now is functionally equivalent to trying to get an appointment with a busy IC clinic.
>>
File: 1425059072477.gif (1MB, 450x216px) Image search: [Google]
1425059072477.gif
1MB, 450x216px
>>5287421

Well I set up the appointment with the first endo after class. Earlier this morning, I was on hold for 25< minutes and they hung up on me. I found out the reason appointments are so sparse are because the endo only goes down to the clinic one day out of the month. I won't be able to see what appointments are available at the other hospital until after Thanksgiving.
>>
>>5292628
Find out the name of that endo. If he is at the clinic only one day a month, then he has hours somewhere else. Track him down and see if you can get an earlier appointment elsewhere. It could be he has offices all over. Of course check insurance coverage. Offices likely will vary some in what plans are covered.
>>
File: 1403457367551.jpg (26KB, 348x463px) Image search: [Google]
1403457367551.jpg
26KB, 348x463px
I decided to look for doctors online based on whether they offered HRT instead of looking for endocrinologists specifically, and I saw a listing I hadn't noticed before in my city. Then I looked at his specialization and realized why. He is an OB/GYN. I laughed imagining the faces of the women in the waiting room when they see me stand up when they call me in. I had forgotten urologists and OB/GYNs sometimes write HRT prescriptions.

>>5294452

The only other place he practices is his office on the 3rd floor of the hospital, which I mentioned I was turned down at.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.