[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of transitioning if you'll never pass?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1421832820920.jpg (31KB, 375x531px) Image search: [Google]
1421832820920.jpg
31KB, 375x531px
What's the point of transitioning if you'll never pass?

picture unrelated
>>
If you have no chance of passing at all, there's little point in socially transitioning, but I've heard HRT still helps with dysphoria even if you still live as a guy.
>>
>>5281271
>but I've heard HRT still helps with dysphoria even if you still live as a guy.

This senpai.
>>
>>5281271
Yeah, estrogen generally improves your mood a lot if you're trans, plus you can still enjoy the reduced body hair, softer skin, etc and look less manly, even if you still look like a man

desu though if I couldn't pass I'd just kill myself
>>
>>5281285
with everyone throwing around the word "social construct" constantly why is other people's perception of your gender matter enough to kill yourself?

How does gender identity work in a world without other people, like if you're a NEET?
>>
>>5281241
personal choice?
>>
File: 1431723678151.jpg (85KB, 600x857px) Image search: [Google]
1431723678151.jpg
85KB, 600x857px
>>5281357
You didn't answer my question.
>>
>>5281350
I want other people to see me as female and treat me accordingly. I don't see what's so confusing about that? And I don't fully tow the "gender is a social construct" line anyway. Gender expression is very heavily informed by biology, even if it does differ from culture to culture

Also even if I were a complete drop out from society with no friends or interaction with other people, I'd still want to see a woman in the mirror
>>
>>5281416
It's fine to want something, but you literally said you'd kill yourself.

Would you feel the same way if you were to be paralyzed, or if you were born with dwarfism? Both of which would seriously impact your functionality quality of life.
>>
>>5281426
Those impairments don't directly affect my brain, mood and emotions. My life would definitely be worse but I could probably bear it. Dysphoria is like severe depression, it just inherently makes suicide an appealing option
>>
>>5281435
though desu if I were paraplegic or something I might want to be euthanized. I'd need to actually be in that situation to be sure though
>>
>>5281271
at least you won't go bald
>>
>>5281426
Yes I'd kill myself if any of those happened. And I'm going to kill myself if I don't pass after surgery at least. Cause I have high standards, and just the way I am
>>
>>5281241
there probably is none to be honest
the people around you will accept you a hell of a lot more if you just don't transition. your choice is "happiness with myself" if there even is such a thing for a non passing trans person, and "happiness with how others perceive me". I'm usually not one to care much about what people think, but being a literal circus sideshow would be pretty taxing on my mental health
>>
File: 1425417609411.jpg (127KB, 528x292px) Image search: [Google]
1425417609411.jpg
127KB, 528x292px
>>5282172
>>
>>5282172
If you're really that vain, then there probably wouldn't be much of a loss to the world if you did
>>
>>5281350
>How does gender identity work in a world without other people, like if you're a NEET?
I'm a neet and my only social contacts are to internet friends who dont know how I look like. I'm still transitioning because it helps with anxiety and depression coming from the way my body has been since puberty. It's harder to find the root to your issues though when you dont have social interaction irl I'd imagine, took me quite a while as well
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.