[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's the real scoop on this whole regret thing and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

So what's the real scoop on this whole regret thing and "fake trans" people?

A lot of the stories all seem to come from Christian and Conservative websites which makes me skeptical, but then again they include stories about seeing transition as a solution to mental problems, and I've got a lot of fuckin' mental problems, so I get concerned.
>>
File: tranny suicide rates.png (55KB, 365x360px) Image search: [Google]
tranny suicide rates.png
55KB, 365x360px
>>5185150
williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/AFSP-Williams-Suicide-Report-Final.pdf
>>
>>5185161
They asked about regret, not suicide attempt rate.
>>
>>5185161
>>5185150
Lunatic finge sites aren't terribly credible.

Especially when every peer reviewed study proves they're full of shit.
>>An established body of medical research demonstrates the effectiveness and medical necessity of mental health care, hormone therapy and sex reassignment surgery as forms of therapeutic treatment for many people diagnosed with GID… Therefore, be it RESOLVED, that the AMA supports public and private health insurance coverage for treatment of gender identity disorder.

>McHugh does cite one study from 2011, by Cecilia Dhejne, MD and colleagues at Karolinska Institute in Stockholm. However, he misunderstands Dr. Dhejnes work. In the paper, Dr. Dhejne states that the study was not designed to draw conclusions on the efficacy of transgender surgeries, yet McHugh does exactly that. A closer reading of the paper shows that the increased mortality is in those who had surgery before 1989, and that mortality in trans people after 1989 is not statistically different from the general population. A recently published paper by Dr. Dhejne and colleagues shows that the regret rate for those having surgery from 2001-2010 is only 0.3%. Dr. Dhejnes work shows that outcomes for transgender surgery have improved tremendously in the past 30 years, which supports the HHS decision to remove trans exclusions.
>The American Psychiatric Association and the World Professional Association for Transgender Health no longer view transgender identity as inherently pathological. Dr. McHughs views are stuck in the past.

>Dan Karasic, MD Health Sciences Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, UCSF Member, American Psychiatric Association Workgroup on Gender Dysphoria Member, Board of Directors, World Professional Association for Transgender Health
Now why >>5185161 would rather ban science and go by the deluded people at the ends of the political horseshoe is beyond me.
>>
>>5185161
>>5185234
>increased mortality is in those who had surgery before 1989, and that mortality in trans people after 1989 is not statistically different from the general population. A recently published paper by Dr. Dhejne and colleagues shows that the regret rate for those having surgery from 2001-2010 is only 0.3%
pol btfo
>>
>>5185234
Is the Williams report really a lunatic fringe site?
>>
Get a therapist, mention both your gender confusion and your mental problems.
Also imagine yourself as a woman with all your mental problems. Does dealing with them suddenly seem a little easier, a little more natural?
>>
Some people have problems empathizing with other human beings and can't imagine another person having different inclinations, behavior, dreams, etc than themselves. They think that if someone acts differently from them it's because of some sort of delusion instead of how they naturally are. It's the same mentality that sprouts the "being gay is a choice" stuff. Note that left wing extremists are guilty of this too
>>
>>5185161
All those thing correlate to life length, more or less. "Want it someday" and "Have had it" are the same class of people, second ones are just older and as such more likely to accumulate trauma and negative experience.

This is methodology is pathetic.
>>
>>5185241
Not really.

That gets posted all the time and pol just ignores it and moves on to the next bait/"argument" based in anecdotes and outdated stats or they imply there's some kind of nebulous vast conspiracy throughout doctors and scientists that they can't describe specifically but is responsible for hiding all the TRUE evidence out there that would prove their feels right and for putting out all the "facts" and "research" that disagrees with their feels and must therefor be some elaborate lie.
>>
>>5186174
So they are like those antivax nuts but with transitioning instead?
>>
>>5185150
They cite a very faulty 1970s study by John Hopkins University

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CaX9wbhl8A

This explains why that study is shite
>>
>>5185280
>Left wing extremists do this too.
They really do.
>>
>>5186220
Well pol is just kind of the same way with all their pet conspiracies.
They and tumblr/reddit are just two sides of the same emotion-driven coin, reassuring each-other in their hugbox passing around anecdotes that PROVE their feels about the blacks or jews or whoever and sticking their fingers in their ears and spouting buzzwords when they encounter something they can't easily disregard.
>>
>>5186220
Do you not know /pol/? They're crazy uncle in a tin-foil hat status batshit insane when it comes to conspiracy theories. If it scares or confuses them on any remote level, you can bet they have a conspiracy about how the Jews did it.
>>
>>5186301
I know abut them I just refuse to subject myself to there undiluted lunacy.

Silly captcha an armored car is not an RV.
>>
I do regret srs

My vagina is fucked up and as much as I hated my dick it I was used to it.
>>
"...everything before the word "but" doesn't count." -some asshole on a TV show
>>
>>5186648
pics
>>
>>5186423
>Silly captcha an armored car is not an RV.
To /k/ it is.
>>
>>5186679
lol, took me a while to get it
>>
>>5185150
No scoop.
There are people with BPD and a mid-life crisis that decide to transition, then regret their really idiotic decision, and run to their Christian friends to cry about it.
Then there are trans people that get socially bullied enough that they "regret" transition, so they can not be so socially isolated anymore.

Fake trans people are people who want to be trans for attention, but don't actually want to transition.

>>5186648
And that's why I don't think I want SRS...
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.