[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it worth it to do something about being a tranny instead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 5

File: 1442941863334.jpg (105KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1442941863334.jpg
105KB, 600x800px
is it worth it to do something about being a tranny instead of ignoring it
>>
do w/e you want just know rejecting your traditional masculine or feminine identity is like a huge move and will not be an easy journey
also you will catch a lot of shit, and will be under a tremendous amount of stress worrying over what your body looks like and whether or not you look like a male or a female
yeah do w/e you want
talk to the other trans in your community to see what their experience has been like
>>
>>5170694
go for it brah
>>
as someone who's been on hrt for 2 years don't do it, just don't, it's not worth it

repress it instead, your life will be a lot better for it
>>
>>5170694
it will be a hard road for sure but it depends how much you are drawn to it. if you repress it it will manifest itself in one way or the other. do you have a nice supportive group of friends?
>>
>>5170862
Why do you say its not worth it? not OP or anything but a heavy naturalist
>>
As someone who has been on HRT for 7 years and full-time for 4...

Totally worth it. Life is most excellent.
>>
>>5171196
>heavy naturalist

If that means what I think it does you're pretty fucking retarded tbqh.
>>
yea tho

also you don't really have to wait for hormones to express yourself however you want. i understand the appeal of that but being on hormones doesn't actually make it any easier to do. wear what you want, style yourself how you want, it's going to suck at first no matter when you do it and you'll only get better at it through experience
>>
>>5170862
>>5171214

so if it turns out good it's worth it and if it turns out bad it's not worth it
>>
>>5171353
Basically.

How do you know if it will turn out well? You don't. Enjoy the russian roulette!
>>
>>5170694
yes other wise it may end up making you an hero like it did for me, luckily i failed and transitioned...much happier now
>>
>>5170694
Does that person have 6 toes??
>>
File: imagesCAHCS9VN.jpg (7KB, 260x171px) Image search: [Google]
imagesCAHCS9VN.jpg
7KB, 260x171px
>>5170694
>>5171353
To be honest OP for most trans people it doesn't work out that well. You either start really young or get extremely lucky and pass well enough to be seen as a cis girl OR like most mtf's you don't get to start young enough and you don't get extremely lucky genetics wise and you don't end up passing well which means you stand out as a tranny and you don't get to live a normal life as a girl. The only way to deal with this it to hugbox yourself to the point of delusional and walk around with your freak flag flying high and proud and stop caring about what everyone thinks and stop caring about passing. If you can do that then you'll be alright, if not you'll live a miserable life hating yourself for being trans or you'll kill yourself.

The truth behind gender transition.
>>
>>5171403
>The only way to deal with this it to hugbox yourself to the point of delusional and walk around with your freak flag flying high and proud and stop caring about what everyone thinks and stop caring about passing

more projection than an imax theater. obsessing over meeting cis peoples' standards isn't healthy whether you pass as cis or not
>>
>>5171403
>>5171380

isn't it like 45% of trannies kill themselves

so of the remaining 55%

how many are crazy and unpassable freaks

and how many are passable and normal
>>
>>5171403
If you actually have severe dysphoria, going on HRT at least tends to help, it doesn't just help you pass but by itself helps with dysphoria since a transgender brain "wants" the hormones opposite of what the body produces. If your dysphoria is bad enough to the point where you're suicidal or you can't function, HRT can't really hurt.
>>
>>5171424
The statistic that "everyone knows" is that there's a 40% suicide attempt rate. Which means a lot less than 40% actually kill themselves.
>>
>>5171403
oh jesus. well i guess i need to learn repression techniques
>>
>>5171426
yeah. besides, it's not like forcing yourself to live as a gender you aren't will make you any happier
>>
>>5171438
don't let an extremely bitter person affect you. life too short to not do the things you want and be the person you want to be
>>
>>5171426
basically it's just I want to be happy

and I'm 99% sure I can't be happy as a guy

but I can't be a girl

so as I am now I might as well not be a person because I can't interact in any of the ways I wish I could (which is as a girl)
>>
>>5171457
>and I'm 99% sure I can't be happy as a guy

then don't be a guy. you have to figure out what's right for you and what you're comfortable with but there isn't any point in living in a way that makes you miserable
>>
>>5171423
>projection meme
I swear this is /lgbt/s favorite meme to use when they don't like something. lol

>obsessing over meeting cis peoples' standards isn't healthy whether you pass as cis or not
Thanks for admitting you walk around with your freak flag flying high, no wonder that part brusied your butt so much.

>>5171424
Yeah something like that, the trans suicide rate is very high, higher then any group of people from what've I've read.

To be honest anon most mtfs don't pass well. Unlike ftm's it's much harder to feminize an already masculinized male body so most mtf's that start after 18-19 don't pass well unless they're lucky genetically or have a lot of money for surgery. I believe according to recent statistics the majority of mtf's in transition is still older trans women 35 and up so obviously most of them are def not gonna pass.

>>5171426
I mean it will help yeah but what's the point if you can't pass as the gender you're transitioning into? I mean you can take it and sit at home and never go out and when you do you get clocked and stared at etc. That doesn't sound much better to be honest unless you like being a loner and having no social life and don't mind walking around looking like a freak.
>>
>>5171468
i can't not live that way though.

I know that I can't transition or anything like that.

So there isn't much of an option.
>>
>>5171476
>I mean it will help yeah but what's the point if you can't pass as the gender you're transitioning into? I mean you can take it and sit at home and never go out and when you do you get clocked and stared at etc. That doesn't sound much better to be honest unless you like being a loner and having no social life and don't mind walking around looking like a freak.
Well, going on HRT when you have no chance of passing doesn't make sense if your one of those "I'm okay being a guy, but I'd rather be a girl" types. But if you're the type that can't even function in your own home due to dysphoria, it's an improvement.

>>5171481
Why can't you transition?
>>
>>5171476
>I mean it will help yeah but what's the point if you can't pass as the gender you're transitioning into?

at least you can be yourself? what's the point of transitioning if you're just doing it for other people? having no sense of self-worth or identity outside of other peoples' opinions of you isn't remotely healthy.

not passing doesn't make you some sort of leper. plenty of people who don't pass that well lead great social lives regardless. it's not as though not passing is the worst affliction imaginable on the face of the planet. there are plenty of people in society who are different or weird for varying reasons who get along fine. being trans doesn't make you unique in that regard. in the end if all you do is sit in the basement crying all the time, you're not going to have a good social life regardless
>>
>>5171495
If I wanted to go to a therapist I would have to tell my parents whose insurance plan I am on.

And I don't want to say that I'm a mentally ill homo.

>>5171516
that's just unrealistic
>>
>>5171523
>that's just unrealistic

it really isn't
>>
>>5171495
>it's an improvement
A slight improvement at best, it will probably make your life worse in different aspects though too. Your life will def be a lot harder if you transition.
>>
>>5171523
Why would you have to tell your parents?
>>
>>5171453
yeah but I can't be the person I want to be
>>
>>5171526
it is unrealistic

I don't want to surround myself with abnormal people so I can pretend that I'm normal

and I don't live in some tumblr fantasy land where I can be a man dressed in woman's clothes and get taken seriously
>>
>>5171534
If you really need to transition, it's not like your life can get any worse.
>>
>>5171535
The way the insurance policy is set up. There is a fee that goes with each use of the insurance that is billed directly to them.

I can't really explain it away and even if I did that they would be curious.
>>
>>5171495
>if you can't even function in your own home
Most trans people don't have gender dysphoria that bad though, it's usually social sitituions that trans people can't handle well.
>>
>>5171535
>>5171543
And I really don't even want to tell a therapist or someone like that "I'm a mentally ill fag" or "I want to be a girl" etc
>>
>>5171543
can't you just say you're going for depression, anxiety, or another made up disease if they ask?
>>
>>5171543
Why not just say it's for anger issues or for stress or something? Seeing a therapist isn't horribly suspicious.
>>
>>5171547
>>5171547
>And I really don't even want to tell a therapist or someone like that "I'm a mentally ill fag" or "I want to be a girl" etc
i feel ya
>>
File: tumblr_my1rxquyTe1sz4p9oo1_500.gif (275KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_my1rxquyTe1sz4p9oo1_500.gif
275KB, 500x281px
>>5170694
18 y/o was MtF. I'm actually detransitioning. Worst year of my life. Yeah I passed pretty well, but everything else that goes along with being trans is fucking trash. Docotrs visits, that weird awkward middle stage everyone trans person goes through, constantly worrying about passing, getting judged/abandoned by family and friends, and never having money for other stuff other than cloths or beauty product to keep yourself in passing form. If I could go back to a year ago I would have stopped myself from ever starting hormones. I missed out on so many oputunities. Even found out my senior year that there were multiple girls that were going to try to sleep with me, until I came out any credibility I had was completely lost. Stopped getting invited to party and pretty much lost all friends. Take your emotions and feelings of being trans and trash them cause they will ruin your life.
>>
>>5171549
>>5171553
I don't want to say that I have mental issues.
I just don't want to say that there is something wrong with me I guess.

I know I should just stop being a pussy and do something, but I don't. Which is how this usually goes when I think about it in my head.
>>
>>5171562
ikr anon although I didn't pass like you, still being trans sucks and transitioning is so over rated. We need a better treatment for this imo.
>>
i've been transitioning for 5 years, since I was 18. It's not worth it, even when you pass. I want my life back, I want to go back home and detransition, but everyone in my home town knows im a tranny freak. It's not worth losing everything
>>
>>5171598
I'm sure half of the people here on /lgbt/ have heard the question if you could take a pill to get rid of these feelings would you. Hell Fucking Yes! They need to come up with a way to repress these feelings whether it's a pill or a special type of therapy.
>>
>>5171629
when those threads come up tons of people say no
>>
>>5171598
>better treatment
Voluntary Euthanasia
>>
>>5172288
It's just one butt hurt trans trender anon samefagging, or tumblr is invading.
>>
>>5172642
More like dysphoria free life without being a gross tranny.
>>
>>5172696
mine's already fucked though. they need something for that. i don't care if there's a happy pill.
>>
>>5172653
....i would take the pill though
i wouldn't call it tumblr to want to
>>
Transitioning wouldn't be so shitty if society wasn't so shitty towards trans people. It'd still be crappy, yeah, but it wouldn't be a hellish nightmare where your self worth is pounded into a mush on a daily basis and you wind up attempting suicide somewhere along the way.

It's pretty fucked up that you can get demonized by the public or disowned by your family because you sought treatment for a health problem and took steps to improve your own quality of life.
>>
>>5173127
NO ITS MY FAULT IM A FREAK
>>
>>5172653
I'm not a but hurt trans trender, and tumblr is fucking stupid. I'm a trans persons who saw what life was like blinded by the thought that life wouldn't be like what people warned me it would. Do I wish I could be a girl still yes, is all the pain suffering and everything else that goes along with it worth it for the rest of my life. After one year hell fucking no.
>>
>>5173064
tumblr wouldn't want to take it because most of them are trans trender and don't exp real dysphoria so to them transitioning is awesome cuz no dysphoria and get to be a girl! They don't understand the pain real trans people feel and would give anything not to be trans anymore.
>>
>>5173337
i don't think that's necessarily a trender feeling, I feel horrific dysphoria every day and it's bad enough to make me suicidal but...if i changed my gender identity to be okay with being male, i dunno, i wouldn't be me anymore, you know?

i'd rather be a cis female than a trans female but i still think i'd rather be a trans female than a cis man
>>
>>5171423
that's right, hon! you're beautiful if you believe it!

we're all going to make it, girls ^_^
>>
i cant pass as of now, so ive been trying to ignore it, which Im sure I'll end up regretting. my plan is to be a somewhat feminine male until I get rich enough to take the caitlyn jenner route. hell, I'd be happy to end up lana watchowski tier. in fact i think i'd prefer it, she looks less like a woman than caitlyn does, but more like a real human being.

wish me luck
>>
>>5174407
you're not going to be you anymore in the future anyway.
>>
>>5176199
well it's not the future yet so i want to hold onto that as long as I can
>>
>>5170862
Umm I kinda agree. I've dealt with it but if I went further I would have regretted it.

I would say unless you appeared like the opposite gender and were living "like" the opposite gender(socialization and all) beforehand then I would stay away from transitioning. Few will do it successfully...

There are ways to deal with dysphoria without transitioning. Remember, it's all in your head.
>>
>>5171516
>at least you can be yourself?
People are never "themselves" They wear masks or have a persona.
>>
>>5171426
>transgender brain "wants" the hormones

The body can't really tell the difference between estrogen and testosterone and will use either one.
Transgender brains are "in-between" Slightly more feminine or masculine.
>>
If your genetics are good go for it if not well your fucked enjoy hon dom I guess like me God I wish someone or something would end my pitiful existence.
>>
>>5173127
>if society

It's not only society, It's the uncanny appearance you have when you don't pass. And even when you do people still think something's up...
biology influences society there thing people pick up that can't read so easily as language and clothing.
>>
>>5176560
>there thing
there are*
>>
>>5176513
>they wear masks
why do they wear the masks? if they take it off, will they die or something?
>>
can't tell if this thread is just overly depressing because 4chan NEETs
>>
>>5176572
It would be extremely painful...
>>
File: 1442063195153.jpg (55KB, 850x1242px) Image search: [Google]
1442063195153.jpg
55KB, 850x1242px
>>5170694
i don't know anymore honestly

whats worse dysphoria, or the isolation and hatred from society after you transition
>>
>>5176646
Isolation, dear god. It's not even comparable
>>
>>5176560
And if people didn't give you so much shit for that, it wouldn't be nearly as hard to cope.

This is less about passing and more about social stigma and outright prejudice.
>>
>>5176646
>>5176648
I'm already isolated. I feel as if I'm not a real person. I can't act and be treated and stuff like I want to be. It's not genuine and I can't bring myself to talk to people or socialize because I'm not me.
>>
>>5176975
I feel the same way, it's like my brain shuts off around other people

but i figure the isolation after you transition is worse
>>
is 4chan the only place you can have a serious discussion about these things without getting slammed with
>just do it hun! don't degrade yourself by trying to meet the standards of cishet scum
>>
>>5177378
I see that on reddit then I look at their user page and they're 30 year old hons. It's depressing.

>>5177350
idk

maybe i'd be more likely to be more social and try to be less isolated

i could be a normal girl or at least as close to normal as i could get
>>
>>5176649
That's like saying if people turned into disgusting mutants it's societies fault even people don't accept them....you can't expect people to accept disgusting freaks and not be bothered by it. It's never gonna happen.
>>
>>5177350
>but i figure the isolation after you transition is worse
bingo, that's why there are so many trans people who are anti-social shut in's.

>>5177398
>maybe i'd be more likely to be more social and try to be less isolatedi could be a normal girl or at least as close to normal as i could get
I thought that to but it doesn't work like that. If anything you'll isolate yourself even more cuz "omg what if people find out I'm trans?" or even worse "omg do that person clock me?" everytime you go out. Most likely you won't get to be a normal girl or even a semi-normal girl, you'll just be a tranny freak to most people.
>>
>>5177459
idk

my only life goal is to be happy but it doesn't look like a realistic outcome

it would be better to try but I'm such a fucking pussy
>>
>>5177464
>my only life goal is to be happy

One of my psychologists said that people will never be truly happy, there's always something they will be un-happy with.

I personally believe everyone's goal should be balance or harmony with themselves, others, and the environment.
>>
>>5178501
well at the very least I'd like to minimize unhappiness
>>
>>5177442
you act like trans people are fucking cronenbergs or something
>>
>>5177442
People are more than welcome to be grossed out, it's the lack of sympathy and prejudice that makes things worse.

Burn victims have a shitty hand, but people don't openly treat them like shit and murder them in staggering numbers.
>>
>>5184267
>X1 should Y. In fact, all X should Y.
>What about X2? By your logic, X2 should Y
>NO. OMG are you comparing X1 to X2??? smhtbqhwyf
>>
>>5171403
This is true, and why I'm such a coward about transitioning. I'm not nearly confident enough to carry through with plans. The bullying alone would kill me off, not to speak of how it would ruin my career.

On another note, I did 6 month travel in Latin-America and my experience there was amazing.
Being FtM but coward I keep the butch lesbian facade going. Short hair, andro clothes. Most/all people I met thought I was a man. Was hit on by straight women and gay men. In public restrooms there would be an outrage if I chose the womens toilet. Old ladies called me a 'nice young man'. Broke a friends'm heart because she thought I was a man and developed a crush. People were genuinely shocket when they found out I was 'actually' female. Some people thought I was joking if I told them.

After what I'm been told the reason I could pass so well is that the feminine/masculine identities are a lot more polarized and women always work towards looking their feminine best, especially with long hair.
Combine this with "all you white people look the same (a L-A friends words, not mine), and you have a passing FtM.

Returned from travels and back to being weirdo.
I miss it every day. Feels bad man.

Anyone else have an experience like this?
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.