[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what are you doing this weekend, /lgbt/? I'm taking a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: PDPCycle.jpg (25KB, 500x318px) Image search: [Google]
PDPCycle.jpg
25KB, 500x318px
So what are you doing this weekend, /lgbt/? I'm taking a motorcycle safety course.
>>
I'm hiking in the Pyrenees.
>>
>>5054324
trying to see if i can go a weekend sober
>>
>>5054324
Going to a baby shower soon. I kinda hate them, they're only really fun if you like babies I guess.
>>
>>5054324

Well, that went badly. The bike fell over three times, though I don't think it was scratched by me since I never let go of it. I stalled out lots of times when starting to move and after stopping. I didn't manage proper speed in third gear. I couldn't keep the throttle steady either. I had some trouble with the "friction zone." I could swerve only part of the time, and even then, only for the widely spaced cones.

I learned a lot, but I'll admit not feeling it was worth 300 dollarydoos.

I guess I'll leave my blog post there, unless someone asks.

>>5057240

Within which country? How high do you go up? Stay for two nights? Maybe some barbecue involved?

>>5057306

Making good progress?

>>5057315

Are you trans?
>>
>>5054324
Doing church choir tomorrow.
Then dicking around for the next 3 days since its fall break. Though Ill probably work on my online classes
>>
>>5058530
yeah not drinking wasn't so bad
good to give the body a break once in a while
>>
>>5058530
>Well, that went badly. The bike fell over three times, though I don't think it was scratched by me since I never let go of it. I stalled out lots of times when starting to move and after stopping. I didn't manage proper speed in third gear. I couldn't keep the throttle steady either. I had some trouble with the "friction zone." I could swerve only part of the time, and even then, only for the widely spaced cones.I learned a lot, but I'll admit not feeling it was worth 300 dollarydoos.

That was me the first day. Almost didn't go back but I did. Love riding and glad I took the safety course.

Hang in there.
>>
>>5054324
Went to dancing class, came home to see my flatmate has been moving stuff around in our common room, now I'm slowly recovering from resulting anxiety attack because I'm too fucking retarded and self-loathing to tell her that I don't want my images hanging on the wall hit by direct sunlight as they might fade and general feeling of not being in control of things even in my own home.
Fuck I don't even deserve to live. Why can't I just drop down dead right now and stop wasting oxygen?
>>
>>5060152

I can't go back, I was counseled out of going today. Even if I could go back, class started nearly three hours ago. Depending on what the proprietor of the school says she'll charge, I'll not bother with another class or take it after some practice time outside of the course.

Let me ask you three things. Did your head hurt in the helmet they lent you, even some hours after? The helmets they lent us were thick in terms of protection, but a t-shirt's thickness in comfort. The second question is does glove thickness affect throttle control? I was using thick winter gloves instead of the leather ones I planned on bringing because someone moved them. The other is, did you have experience with any sort of vehicle before as an operator? I only had some practice time driving amounting to five hours over some weeks at most. Out of the 11 of us, at least two guys there had been riding without licenses for twenty years, one guy used a scooter to commute for a while before, a lady recently got a scooter and was already using it, at least two people knew how to drive stick, and I was the only person without a driver's license.

I had some good laughs too. I felt retarded trying to secure the helmet restraint strap, because I only use belts that use the same system, but it still took me some minutes to figure out. When I coughed with the helmet on, everyone seemed uncomfortable, as if they just realized if someone coughed or sneezed in their helmet before them, it would be right where their mouth is now. I laughed at that a lot in the shower.
>>
>>5059217

I was confused for a while because I thought you were the Pyrennes guy. "Why wouldn't he bring water?" Anyway, congratulations, anon.
>>
>>5054324
Regretting having sex with my ex.
>>
>>5060467
>Did your head hurt in the helmet they lent you, even some hours after? The helmets they lent us were thick in terms of protection, but a t-shirt's thickness in comfort.
No. I got there early enough to get my pick of helmet. But even my new helmets never hurt. They should be snug but not crushing your skull.
>The second question is does glove thickness affect throttle control? I was using thick winter gloves instead of the leather ones I planned on bringing because someone moved them.
Yes. The thicker the glove the harder you have to grip the throttle. I used to commute 25 highway miles and on really cold days my hands would cramp because of the thick gloves. Since then I bought a pair of Freezeout glove liners to wear under my regular bike gloves. They are thin enough to not make your glove too bulky.
> The other is, did you have experience with any sort of vehicle before as an operator? I only had some practice time driving amounting to five hours over some weeks at most. Out of the 11 of us, at least two guys there had been riding without licenses for twenty years, one guy used a scooter to commute for a while before, a lady recently got a scooter and was already using it, at least two people knew how to drive stick, and I was the only person without a driver's license.I had some good laughs too.
I have driven for years but that was the first time on a motorcycle. I had driven manual transmissions before so was familiar with the process. Several people on my class only had bike learner's permits and not drivers licenses.
>>
>>5061483

>I felt retarded trying to secure the helmet restraint strap, because I only use belts that use the same system, but it still took me some minutes to figure out. When I coughed with the helmet on, everyone seemed uncomfortable, as if they just realized if someone coughed or sneezed in their helmet before them, it would be right where their mouth is now. I laughed at that a lot in the shower.
I still sometimes have a problem getting my helmet on. You re doing it by touch (tried doing it in a mirror and it was just worse. And yeah, I have no idea of they clean those helmets. The only one that fit me was full face. It was about 90 degrees those two days and I'd preferred a 3/4 helmet.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.