[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could any hardened bunker complex survive a groundburst megaton

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: DF-ST-85-01380.jpg (2MB, 3000x2001px) Image search: [Google]
DF-ST-85-01380.jpg
2MB, 3000x2001px
Could any hardened bunker complex survive a groundburst megaton scaled weapon being detonated directly in front of its entrance?
>>
>>35195525
most all ICBM lack that kind of pin point accuracy, they are more area weapons, all hardened facilities are designed with that in mind
>>
is there a subterranean maglev system and underground bases with aliums?
>>
>>35195680
Only in the American southwest.

>>35195587
I thought these days ICBMs could be accurate within a meter or two
>>
>>35195680

You have to work for Stargate Command to see those.
>>
>>35195587
They can land inside a football field worth of area. You dont give inertial guidance enough credit.
>>
>>35195759
we should test fire one to make sure
>>
>>35195525
Generally speaking, yes. The problem for hardened complexes aren't ground-burst weapons but earth pentrating weapons designed to punch into the earth and rock surrounding the target, and then detonate.
>>
>>35195680
Indeed
>>
>>35196235
Do they have to penetrate deep enough to actually reach the complex under the earth or just deep enough to make an earthquake to bury everything inside?
>>
>>35195525
If it is properly designed then yes.
>>
The problem with these things is you can do a fuck ton of science but truth is we just don't know short of actually doing it.
>>
>>35196675
They just penetrate several meters deep to increase transfer of of shockwave into ground. Even this is very effective. Slightly buried warhead produces x10 earth shockwave comparing to the surface burst.
>>
>>35196723
literally the first part of "science" is experimentation you fucking redittor
>>
People forget that the US has had bunker busting missiles since the '90s. Now if we could combine that with an ICBM, then we'd have something.
>>
>>35196723
The Duke is dead for a reason.
>>
>>35195525
yeah sure, why not. It's possible.
>>
>>35195680

Yesh.
>>
>>35197313
Yeah, stomach and colon cancer.

>"Is that you, John Wayne? Is this me?"
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.