[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Asian living Houston here, after the recent hurricane and subsequent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: xuqJjRj.jpg (185KB, 950x647px) Image search: [Google]
xuqJjRj.jpg
185KB, 950x647px
Asian living Houston here, after the recent hurricane and subsequent chaos I have been thinking about rooftop defense against urban criminals and looters. I currently have a PTR-91 but don't know if I need a bolt action for more accurate shots
>>
>>35194991
Sweet, I've been looking for roof Koreans to hire. Are you a veteran of the LA riots?
>>
Roof Korean k/d ratio was pretty bad. You should just give your stuff and your wife to bbc at least you can save yourself.
>>
>>35194991
>Rooftop koreans
these guys are awesome.
they should have been given medals
>>
>>35194991

ATF pls.
>>
>>35195130
Moronic cuck.
>>
>>35194991
>I currently have a PTR-91 but don't know if I need a bolt action for more accurate shots
Its not like battle rifles are inaccurate bro there's a reason that we don't use old Springfield rifles anymore

That being said, get a Spanish mauser for ammo compatibility
>>
Damn, is it still that bad there? I thought looting was mostly done when it was COMPLETE chaos and everything was abandoned and whatnot
>>
Considering in this situation you're in a static position it couldn't hurt to diversify. Multiple long guns to respond different scenarios as they appear.

Consider not differences in precision but different optics (or irons), or if a gun goes down.

IE it may be difficult to cover an entrance from directly above with a bolt gun with a scope zeroed for 100 yards.
>>
>>35194991
The ptr 91 is going to do damn fine for accuracy as long as you can handle it right. You should be able to hit anything out to 400 with just irons. In Houston I doubt you will ever engage that far out.

However, reloading can be a bitch. Handling it can be a bitch. You may find an ar or ak works better for a rifle to grab and have ready.

A pistol on you at all times is my suggestion, a rifle ready nearby. Houston was fucked before the flooding.
>>
File: 11022.jpg (56KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
11022.jpg
56KB, 1024x768px
>>35194991
Get a moist nugget.
>>
>>35196198

kek'd
>>
File: 88_mph.jpg (136KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
88_mph.jpg
136KB, 546x700px
>>35195130
>another poltard with cuck fantasies
>>
>>35196198
that sling is fucking stupid
>>
No, you are fine with any longarm that'll give you minute-of-paper-plate accuracy. After all the excitement is over buy a fuckton of ammo and practice. Get good with the rifle you have. Consider scoping it. Get a trigger job. Buying more guns will just be a placebo. PRACTICE.
>>
>>35196228
>not making all of your operator gear and clothing out of braided para-cord
plebian
>>
>>35194991
A gun having a bolt action does not magically make a gun more accurate. Closed bolts, clean barrels, long barrels, good cartridges, smooth trigger actions, and well cut barrels do. Whatever gun you shoot, it's you that makes the gun accurate, not the other way around. Don't worry, your PTR-91 will serve you more than well. The aftermath of a hurricane is a very bad time to try and familiarize yourself with different firearms anyhow. Stick with what you know and practice with.
>>35195818
Of course it's that bad you idiot. Just because it's not shown on the talmudvision doesn't mean niggers stopped nigging.
>>
>>35194991
lots of ammo, lots of practice, either a red dot with a multiplier or a low zoom scope.
Armor, medical supplies, and a general plan are also good to have.

Your gun should be accurate enough if you can do your part.
>>
>>35196222
>he actually thinks the cuck propaganda is /pol/'s doing

wew fucking lad
>>
>>35196319
Obviously it's not peachy down there but I would assume they're at least back to the point where niggers can't be running around robbing Best Buy's in broad daylight.
>>
>>35196358
>niggers can't be running around robbing Best Buy's in broad daylight.

They were doing that before any disaster came close to houston.
>>
File: IMG_0673.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0673.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>35196358

well things have calmed down, but with climate change and such it won't be a stretch to say that Harvey is the last big hurricane we will see in our lifetimes

pic related, muh PTR
>>
>>35194991
Stay safe man
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.