[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I commissioned into the army recently as a medical officer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: OCP.jpg (68KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
OCP.jpg
68KB, 600x600px
So I commissioned into the army recently as a medical officer and am curious why everyone wears cammies for everything?

From recruiters to bases and hospitals it was primarily combat uniforms thousands of miles away from combat.

Is the Army considering brining back pinks and green to serve as daily non-combat uniform? Navy has khakis, MC has service uniform, why doesn't the Army have an equivalent?
>>
>>35183920
Because having one kind of utilities is easier than having multiple kinds of uniforms. If you hate camo so much just wear scrubs, or, you know, get the fuck out of the military.
>>
>>35183933
Just feels like they're placating generation 'wear gym clothes all the time.' Doesn't seem excessively difficult or burdensome to have and maintain ACUs, daily service dress and Class A's/blues.
>>
bump for uniforms
>>
File: 1500405903930.jpg (37KB, 623x624px) Image search: [Google]
1500405903930.jpg
37KB, 623x624px
I'm calling bullshit you are a middle schooler. Anyone in the military knows how much easier to maintain and comfortable utilities are. Eat shit moron.
>2/10 bait, got me to respond.
>>
>>35183920
Because camies are more practical and easier to maintain then service dress and in my country get replaced for free if damaged unlike SD's which is have to pay for.
>>
>>35183951
>Just feels like they're placating generation 'wear gym clothes all the time.'

Says the man who wears scrubs all day.
>>
>why are the uniforms all worn uniformly?
Pay attention in English class kid.
>>
>>35183920

Because it's literally autistic to have that many uniforms. We have ACU for everyday tasks, ASU for playing dress up and Class B's for payday activities and playing a less hot version of dress up.

No body needs all that faggy Navy bullshit of thirty nine different types of uniform.

Don't be that goddamn 2LT that complains about "today's military is so easy" and "we just need to bring back standards" because everyone will hate you and talk shit about you behind your back and the commander will bully you because you are a massive faggot.
>>
>>35183951
Should have gone jag if you wanted to dress up
>>
>>35184200
he is medical are you really surprised he never goes to the field never had to dig a foxhole medical services usually officers are 03 and above. me POG here does more then him and I am just a gloried truckmaster
>>
>>35183920

because they're comfy and once you get them set up you don't have to fuck with them.

plus you can just wash and wear, no having to get your shirts starched at the cleaner/try fucking around with spray starch, then deal with shirt stays... or you could look like a shitbag.

i'm AF and my flight suit takes 5 minutes in the morning. the hardest part of putting on my uniform is tying my boots.
>>
Do you get lost a lot?

It's one of the prerequisites for being a lieutenant.
>>
>ITT lazy enlisted creeps complain about not having another set of uniforms
>>
thanks for the feedback, gents
>>
File: potato quality.png (318KB, 421x279px) Image search: [Google]
potato quality.png
318KB, 421x279px
>>35184257
Missed this one
>>
>>35184338
what is it
>>
>>35184402

the same thing the guy on the left is holding
>>
>>35184239
They commission as 03 and stay there forever, usually topping out at O4, it's rare that straight commission doctors get sent to a command school to lead medical sections
>>
>>35183920

They're comfy as fuck, easy to maintain and no one cares what happens to them.
I dread the day some bored desk jockey like you plants the idea in the brass' heads that we should wear some faggot ass dress-lite uniforms when not in combat.
>>
>>35184482

the Marines are doing that. the AF used to do that on Mondays, but they decided that was stupid.
>>
>>35184436
rifle? his dick?
>>
Because of the Geneva convention and the NJP is pretty strict when it comes to wearing dress uniforms (both how and when to wear them).
>>
>>35184449
I know a couple of years ago they were doing direct commission at O4 for in demand medical fields like dentistry at the time. I met more than a few O6 types in my fuck your body up odyssey.
>>
>>35184449
thnak fuck for that if this guy thinks like this, I care if you can do the mission not if you look pretty.
>>
>>35183920

Thanks a lot for perpetuating the "butterbars are fags who nitpick shit no one else cares about because they don't have anything useful to do" meme, retard.
>>
File: 1504537428411.jpg (121KB, 798x960px) Image search: [Google]
1504537428411.jpg
121KB, 798x960px
>>35183920
I agree. All POGs shouldn't be allowed to wear OCPs. Instead wear a professional uniform with a tie belt and name plate. Y'all don't need combat uniforms.
>>
>>35183920
>I commissioned as a medical officer
First, kys

>Why everyone wears cammies
Because it's the Army, uniformity makes everyone a peer in suffering dipshit

>Is the Army considering bringing back pinks and greens
On this, I agree with you. I fucking HOPE SO. The black baggy uniform with Shinseki berets is SHIT and FUCKING STUPID.

Other than this, thank you for your service. My dad retired five years ago after 23 years in the Medical Corps. He never felt like a soldier, but he says that his time in the Army made him the successful, regimented private practician he is today.
>>
>>35186996
moar enlisted marine slores
>>
>>35183920
What kind of medical officer? I'm considering HPSP for med school and wondering how practicing in the Army is. How is the autonomy?
>>
>>35183920
First of all I think your role-playing. Army guys seldom say cammies. That's Marine lingo.

Secondly, if you wanted to wear a great uniform, why Army?

Thirdly, you are allowed to wear alphas and Chuck's anywhere, just nobody does it because it's peacocking.
>>
>>35183920
Because having one uniform is cheaper and functionally the same.
>>
>>35187058
>Secondly, if you wanted to wear a great uniform, why Army?
Because he wanted to join for the men, lots and lots of MEN
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.