[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apparently the Ma Deuce is heavy, unreliable, inaccurate, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0238.png (192KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0238.png
192KB, 750x1334px
Apparently the Ma Deuce is heavy, unreliable, inaccurate, and has spilled Commie, Muslim, and Fascist blood for almost ninety years.
Proof Ruskis are fuckin' retarded.
>>
>>35181735
Well, it is heavy. You can't argue that it isn't.
>>
>listening to the opinions of /pol/
Take a look at their arsenal threads, they're pathetic. Garbage-tier ARs and AKs, Maverick 88s, ths odd decent arsenal from a /k/ crossposter. They have no taste in guns.
>>
>>35181735
It is heavy, unreliable, dated, and downright a pain in the asshole to mount/dismount/maintain/clean, etc.. .He ain't wrong. The round is great but the gun itself is kind of a fuckin meme at this point in our history
>>
>>35181758
Of course, but the argument that just because it's old it needs to be replaced is flimsy at best. The .50 has dropped guys at over a kilometer.
>>
>>35181735
>heavy
as all crew-served weapons are
>unreliable
OONRILOYABOOL?
>>
>>35181784
>/k/ crossposter
Those guys.

If the M2 is bad, then we would have replaced it. And so would have well over 70 other countries...

>>35181803
If it works well, it isn't dated.
>Germany's MG3 based off the MG42
>>
>>35181803
Heavy, yes
Dated, sure
Unreliable, nigga you soak it in lube and it'll never serve you wrong
Mount/dismount, its literally two pins, doesnt get much easier
Maintenance, its a six step process to breakdown completely... easy as fuck no tools required.

You either have never worked with one before, or are pog as fuck and never had to do more than an m9.
>>
>>35181808
>Of course, but the argument that just because it's old it needs to be replaced is flimsy at best.
It needs to be replaced because it's heavy as fuck and FN can only graft so many improvements onto a 100 year old design.
>>
>>35181735
>vatniks are heavy, unreliable and inaccurate due to poverty, vodka and squatting
>>
>>35182490
>remember to sage and kill useless vatnik troll threads whenever they may be.
>>
russia decided they didn't like the DShK anymore so they made a new 12.7mm gun. because of this, they think the M2 must be terrible since THEIR ancient 50 cal got replaced.
>>
>>35182514
>Only replace if it has reached the end of its useful life or a better one has been found.

M2s will fight on Mars at this rate.
>>
>>35181735
Hathcock shot a guy with one from 2286yds out. I'd say that's fairly accurate. In vietnam nonetheless
>>
>>35181735
Don't listen to that dumb Russian. The M2 is reliable AF.

t. M2A1 gunner
>>
>>35181735
Thread link pls
>>
>>35181803
Do your headspace and timing check next time, you lazy asshole.
>>
>>35181735
>/pol/fags are retards who know nothing about weapons or the military
is this supposed to be shocking? there's rarely any intelligent people on that board, it's full of brainlets hopped up on babby's first conspiracy theory
>>
>>35181735
That's actually incorrect.

The M85 (the m2 replacement) actually found pretty decent service as a HMG.

It was standard in the m60 series of tanks and some AAVs. On the plus side it was far lighter than the current m2 of the time (weighed as much as a modern kord) , fully selectable fire rate, and physically much smaller. It was, however, extremely unreliable and complex. Due to this it was not put on the M1 Abrams, and subsequently phased out.
>>
>>35183230
Also there is the XM312, as well as the XM806, which is what I think he's talking about. The funding stat is completely false, as far as I can tell. And it was canceled in favor of M2 upgrades for being too expensive.
>>
>>35181803
I have never managed to jam one, and have shot them regularly over the last 5 years. Definitely heavy, though, and now that the thrill has worn off, I try my best to skirt having anything to do with them.
Last time my name popped up for the crew serve weapons class, I just didn't show up. Chain of command never said shit.
>>
File: deadwood.jpg (280KB, 650x421px) Image search: [Google]
deadwood.jpg
280KB, 650x421px
>>35183480
>>35183222
>>35181908
All of my platoons .50 in 2007 were absolute shit. One receiver was dated 1945 for fuck sakes, none of them would work correctly, probably warped from years of wear and tear. We tryed different lubricants including the gunky shit for the 25mm, always set H/T, they were just shit. We rolled 240s and stopped messing with the .50s a few months into the tour. I was 11b, 15 month tour in Baghdad
>>
>>35183506
Then tell your armorer's they're trash and need to learn to PM the fucking weapons.
Only M2. I've seen break is when our literal platoon hulk managed to break the charging handle by yanking it way too hard
>>
>>35183506
>my anecdotal evidence proves all m2s are shit and anyone who argues against me is wrong because I'm an enormous cunt.

You are literally a nigger.
>>
>>35181735
Wait, inaccurate? First off, it's a machine gun. Second, didn't some guy use a modified one to get one of the top ten longest range kills or something?
>>
>>35183532
They were just dated and shit man. We could have used all new .50s. I preferred the 240 anyway, easier to fire effectively while moving, or one handed while holding the turret with the other for control
>>
File: FsrQz[1].jpg (149KB, 914x724px) Image search: [Google]
FsrQz[1].jpg
149KB, 914x724px
>>35183121
>>
>>35183551
I didn't say any of that you fucking autist. Don't pull shit out of your ass or read too hard between the lines, I just validated my experience with them and shared my platoons problems. Thanks. God Bless
>>
>>35181735
>goes to retard city aka /pol/
>expects to find a decent opinion there
kys op
>>
>>35181808
>Over a kilometer
>A single kilometer
>>
burgers do not exactly have a very light .50 hmg, unlike the russian kord and chinese type something something
>>
>>35183723
kord comes in around 27 kg, type 89 a mere 17 kg, the M2 is a whopping 38 kg
>>
>>35181803

It is heavy, but most crew-served weapons are, really, so not an issue. As far as mounting/dismounting? Absolutely no problems there in my experience, taking it on and off the Humvee is a couple of minute process and mounting in the tripod is even simpler.

Maintaining and cleaning it is another matter, while it is very easy to take apart, I have seen it jam before to the point of not being able to use anymore for some time, but that was also being handled by a crew during OSUT made up of newer guys, so I don't think it would have happened with a crew of normal dudes.
>>
>>35183532
>break the charging handle by yanking it too hard
This doesn't sound like the mark of reliaility.
>>
>>35183230
No shit parts are going to wear out after several fucking years. Armorers need to replace shit. This works for all guns, especially for guns almost 70 years old.
>>
>>35183723
>Burgers
You misspelled "NATO"
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.