[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where would you go if you had a knife and an angry pitbull

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 15

File: Dog-with-muzzle-810x538.jpg (97KB, 810x538px) Image search: [Google]
Dog-with-muzzle-810x538.jpg
97KB, 810x538px
Where would you go if you had a knife and an angry pitbull in front of you?
>>
>>35180269
stab it? what kind of question is this?
its a dog, at max its 60lbs and can be killed by the average man with bare hands.

also dogs dont get "angry", they are threatened and attack out of fear.
>>
File: ATF man.jpg (37KB, 637x685px) Image search: [Google]
ATF man.jpg
37KB, 637x685px
>>35180269
>WHO IS BARK, AND WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK
>>
>>35180337
A lot of loyalty for a hired hound.
>>
>>35180318
Mines 90 andit's nice to hear someone who knows how dogs react on here
>>
>>35180269
I don't kill it because Im not a midget, a child, a small woman or someone who wants to get their rocks off by killing domesticated animals. Is it the same few people on this board who make these dog killing threads or is this a common symptom of autism?
>>
>>35180350
first dog to bark gets to stay on my aircraft
>>
>>35180318
>at max its 60lbs
what the fuck? dude no, adult pitbulls / rottweilers can sit at 100-150lbs
>>
>>35180350
Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a dog before throwing him out of a plane.
>>
>>35180269
>Look like a big guy
>Calmly back away or move to high ground
>Keep knife hand back 'cause you're fucked if it locks onto that
>If wearing a coat, wrap it around offhand and bait it into biting that. Otherwise position a leg as the most inviting target
>If bitten, stab the fucker
>Head straight to ED and beg to see the plastics reg ASAP
>>
>>35180355
>nice to hear someone who knows how dogs react on here

>.t literal furfag who enjoys scooping my hand into my dog's fat shitpiles with just a thin piece of plastic.

you fucking cocksucker, you're one of those pitbull apologists

>muh dogs act rational all the time
>he'z a gud boy he dindunuffin
No, nigger. Dogs sometimes just go apeshit and fucking maul people to death for no reason, and it usually is pitbulls because they are poorly bred nigger dogs.
>>
>>35180269
If a dog bites your hand, initial reflex is pull away. What you actually should do is try to jam your hand farther into it's mouth while extending fingers. You'll trigger it's gag relex. It will release.

Then you take it into a neckbar and if you're not a 12 year old girl it takes approximately 15 pounds of pressure to snap it's neck at the proper angle.

You probably won't kill it but disable or paralyze. Not ideal, but minus a scar you'll be ok. Caveman killed mammoths with Spears. If you can't handle odie trying to keep Odie from stealing Garfield's lasagna, you are less than.
>>
>>35180380
Rotties max out at about 60kg, pit bulls are rarely above 30.
>>
>>35180385
At least you can bark. Who's a good boy?
>>
I'd let my Cane Corso rape it. Wouldn't even need the knife.
>>
>>35180422
ok kid, come down to mexihood where the shitskins stick pitbulls with equipoise and feed them lean beef
>>
>>35180424
It doesn't matter who's a good boy. What matters is our plan.
>>
>>35180459
No one cared who I was until I put on the mask.
>>
>>35180471
If I pull that off will you bite?
>>
>>35180269
If the dog attacked me?

Put down the knife, pick up the dog, and throw the dog?
>an animal that weighs at absolute most 80% of my weight is a threat to me
>an animal i can pick up over my head and drop from 6+ feet onto its head with extreme biological mechanical advantage is a threat

Just remember that dogs let us domesticate them because they are nice caring animals and not because they recognized/were taught to have a symbiotic relationship with the superior species.
>>
File: 2017-09-15_22.34.05.jpg (1MB, 1342x1675px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-15_22.34.05.jpg
1MB, 1342x1675px
>>35180269
No where
>>
>>35180484
It would be extremely ruff
>>
File: 1505105562972.jpg (165KB, 850x1048px) Image search: [Google]
1505105562972.jpg
165KB, 850x1048px
>>35180487
People in this thread like you sure sound like you've never been attacked by a vicious dog out of nowhere. I have some experience in this department, and let me tell you a dog attack can be like this:

>you're taking groceries out the back of your vehicle
>you hear a sound
>you turn
>intense burning and sharp pain
>you hit the ground
>dog has chomped through a tendon
>your kneecap is removed completely
>heavy blood loss
>there is two or three other dogs there

a friend of mine who is a firearms instructor had several surgeries on the leg to fix the damage from that. had to shoot the dog. big legal battle even tho didnt do shit wrong. also have a friend who gets attacked by dogs on a regular basis (pool cleaning guy. fucking idiots can't keep their dogs locked up the one day a week they signed an agreement to do that.) he knows exactly what its like to have large aggressive dog/s charging out of a house directly at him.

you faggots should watch some liveleak police vest footy. you're gunna realize that

"hurr durr I can just wrestle it or toss it really far" just isn't realistic 99% of the time
>>
>>35180318
>stab it
was kind of hoping for a /med/-tier answer. Is a neck the good place to go? I sure haven't tried to push a knife through a ribcage before, so I am skeptical if the heart is a good option. If you have a dog at your neck, you certainly have to make one quick option and "stabbing it" is a gamble of reflex.

>>35180487
>one fluid motion
then pirouette out
>>
>>35180536
You're a big dog.
>>
>>35180670
For you.
>>
>>35180626
Sound like a safe haven from the ATF, since you obviously haven't been visited by the ATF with that massive presence of dogs roaming wild and free.
>>
>>35180687
Well congratulations your muffled on a plane, what is the next part of your plan?
>>
>>35180706
Crashing this kennel with no survivors.
>>
Sidenote I was looking forward to calling Pavel Dr. Paws
>>
>>35180269
I would assume a crouched position so the dog would jump for my face. I would grab its neck while it is in mid jump, then stab it to death.
>>
>>35180413
You must be one of those beta males who can't be an alpha and have a bull breeds respect.
>>
File: 1500520975030.png (768KB, 720x691px) Image search: [Google]
1500520975030.png
768KB, 720x691px
>>35180380
>>35180355
anything above 60 is just a big mutt with a boxy head.

>>35180660
>was kind of hoping for a /med/-tier answer.
depending on how long the knife is anywhere vital will do. I think the safe minimum would be 4" long.

The throat is always a good answer though, and if the dog has ahold of you it might be easier to get the dog off by sticking knife at the back of the dogs mouth and prying. Pitbulls naturally open their mouths when pried from the back of the jaw.

if it has your throat you are going to want it to stop from jerking back and forth. I imagine immediately stabbing it would be best or if you can to flip it and lay on it while stabbing.
>>
Before I was a fat middle aged guy I was a slim runner. I used to run a lot. Not for speed or distance but for the high.

My side of town is poorer. Lots of people have dogs they shouldn't. Not unusual to come across a random dog on the loose. This was years ago and I didn't carry but I carried pepper spray just in case.

Go running one day and 3 miles from home I turn the corner and see a pitbull. It's not in rage mode or anything but it saw me and it had this "I'm going to fuck this asshole up" look. I'd say maybe only 50% serious.

Because it was a pitbull and the way it was advancing on me it was obvious it was going to go after me. I whipped out my pepper spay and let it have it right on the face.

And it didn't stop the fucking thing.

It took maybe 20 seconds of dodging for the mace to fully take effect on the dog. I'm pretty sure it blinded it just enough to keep it from grabbing hold of me.

I'm 100% convinced had the dog been dead set on attacking me. Had it been in one of those rage modes where instinct has complete hold of the dog. Or if the dog was in a pack of other dogs, I'd have been fucked.

If I'm able to get back into running I wouldn't run without a gun now.
>>
>>35180269
Blast it with piss.
>>
>>35180350

It doesn't matter who we bark at, what matters is our plan
>>
>>35180413
>No, nigger. Dogs sometimes just go apeshit and fucking maul people to death for no reason, and it usually is pitbulls because they are poorly bred nigger dogs.
no one is claiming dogs act rational. Were just saying that they are reacting to something. Most dogs act pretty rational to what they perceive to be threats, someone in their territory, someone acting them or their pack. The few times when a dog does just snap randomly its because of bad genetics. Usually caused by inbreeding with goal to get a more reactive dog. Back when 50s and earlier, game bred dogs were bred to be to fight other dogs and when to do it. Now breeders breed dogs to react to anything and to 0-100 as fast as possible.
>>
File: dogs.jpg (124KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
dogs.jpg
124KB, 1024x576px
Anyone who doesn't know how to behave with/around doggos has something wrong with them.
>used to work for county
>closing site innaghetto down for the night
>tyrone walking down the road with his unleashed natty as fuck pitbull trotting along next to him
>doggo sees me
>Breaks into a run straight towards me at 30 yards off
>tyrones eyes go wide a hell thinking his dog is going to get shot by the man or maul a guy
>stand my ground
>keep my mouth closed
>crouch down slightly
>present doggo with the top of my hand to sniff
>doggo sniffs hand and sits down
>pet doggo
>tyrone is standing off in the distance audibly going sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit
behind the scenes
>don't trigger chase reflex like a dumbass
>don't bare my teeth and spook doggo with a smile
bared teeth to animals=threat
>slight crouch lowers center of gravity and lets me easily shift my weight quickly
>top of partially closed off hand is all bones and skin if I get bit
>can fist doggos throat to choke it the fuck out if it tries to bite
>dominant hand is back at pocket thumbing the flicker of my pocket knife if I need to fuck up doggo
stab into the neck and RIP AND TEAR with a sawing motion down and out
>backup would be to grab doggos forepaws or legs and either bend the paws back or pull the legs out and to the side, both easy ways to seriously fuck up doggo

Anything but a trained attack dog ordered to fuck you up is just a dog acting on instinct and it's interpretation of your body language
>>
>>35180729
Does the water spill out of the dish?
>>
>>35181372
Yes. The leash slackens.
>>
File: tumblr_lit4f3KaRu1qeodf5.jpg (77KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lit4f3KaRu1qeodf5.jpg
77KB, 500x347px
>>35181056
Literally just did this early today with a pitbull down the street.

>She gave a halfhearted almost bite on the top of my hand
>Stared at me with a Karl Pilkington look on her face
>Ran off when my dog and the other pitbull that lives there came running back playing
>>
>>35180413
The wife has a pitbull, so now I guess I have a pitbull. Ours is pretty smart, I really think it comes down to the owner and whether or not they are willing to invest the time and money into quality dog training. Just like guns desu if you are willing to buy a lot of ammo and practice often you're going to be better than someone who blew $2000 on a gun that they just take pictures of so they can shitpost on a swazilandian anal bead board
>>
File: 1494169973351.jpg (12KB, 480x295px) Image search: [Google]
1494169973351.jpg
12KB, 480x295px
>>35181455
>Paying someone to train your dog
>>
File: asdgasdfa.jpg (197KB, 879x659px) Image search: [Google]
asdgasdfa.jpg
197KB, 879x659px
>>35181455
>willing to invest the time and money into quality dog training
Sad.

All men should be able to raise the most basic of domesticated animals.

A dog doesnt have to know sit, paw or play dead. But it should know Come, Go, Stop, get it, brings it, attack.

Been around dogs my entire life eating with them, hunting with them, sleeping next to them, fighting with them. I cant respect a man who cant handle a dog.

now if you want something like a police or military dog, for sure, take it to get trained.

But anything else you should do yourself.
>>
>>35180269
Dogs do not have human emotions.

They have a flight or fight response to a percived threat to itself, its territory, a limited resource or its handler(s).

What can also be miscontrued as aggression is frustration behind a barrier or on a leash.

Dominance is simply first right to a limited resource (food, females, affection etc) and can be a fluid state depending on the situation amongst a group of dogs.
>>
>>35181455
>my wife's dog

at least it's not your wife's son
>>
>>35181928
It's a pitbull, so it probably already took care of his wife's son

>>35181750
Relatedly Unrelated
what is it with shock collars? Not the electric fence shock collars to keep your poodle in your yard, but the key fob activated discipline collars Hunters and/or Soccer Moms will buy to "discipline" their doggos? It's as ineffective as all negative reinforcement and should make your dog hate you as much as a doggo hates a nigger who hits it. A fuckload get sold and never for their actual purpose; also what is their utility for hunting dogs?
>>
>>35182128
I'm pretty sure negative reinforcement works though man. In my experience at least
>>
>>35182203
animals/people learn to work around your discipline rather than learn to adhere to your discipline.

Hit a dog for humping your couch cushions and you get a cathartic release and a doggo who doesn't hump couch cushions when he knows you're around. But the second you go to work that red rocket is going to glue the hell out of every surface it can in your house.
>>
>>35182266
Hmm that's different from my experience but I have seen dogs that act as you describe. I suppose you have to try some different things and see what works.

Actually now that I think about it, I've used a mix of negative and positive reinforcement so maybe the good changes in my doggo are only because of the latter of the two methods.

If I ever get another dog I'll have to try to do things differently and see
>>
>>35180269
Cross the street and walk around it, because I keep my eyes open while I'm walking and would have noticed a pissed off dog? An ounce of prevention and all that.

>>35180626
>attacked while taking groceries out the back of your vehicle
Should've backed into your driveway.
>>
>>35182288
Look at all the youtube videos of doggos caught on hidden camera sitting on couches or climbing baby gates once it learns it's owners schedule.

which brings me to my point
>use a shock collar to make your doggo believe there is a vengeful goddo stopping it from pooping in the fireplace or raping couch cushions
>because you're a housewife who can't train a dog to not piss on the floor so buy a shock collar
>doggo learns that goddo is only around when owners bitch is around
>or makes connection between bitch and electroshok
>doesn't act naughty near bitch to stop goddo from frying his bacon
>doggo starts to avoid owners bitch like a child who frequently runs into door handles avoids his alcoholic father
>still sits on the couch when she isn't around
>>
>>35182359
>doggo starts to avoid owners bitch like a child who frequently runs into door handles avoids his alcoholic father

fuck you hit close to home on that one
>>
>>35180269
>Where would you go if you had a knife and an angry pitbull in front of you?

I would turn sideways to the dog and lower my eyes to look at my shoes an remain still and wait. I don't believe in unnecessary killing of dogs. They are not like sjws, immigrants, greens/marxists or lgbt an organised attempt to remove my rights to family, property and liberty.
>>
File: IMG_20170902_133926_696.jpg (1MB, 1436x1436px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170902_133926_696.jpg
1MB, 1436x1436px
>>35182128

I use an e-collar, it has electro stim, vibration and tone.

I use them to train recall, when my dogs are off leash and heel while on leash.

Put the electro stim on its lowest level and work up to the dogs working level, this is just when it goes "hmmm what was that?" and looks up from sniffing or whatever it was doing.

It isnt a shock, more like electrotherapy you would recieve at a sports medicine clinic, it simulates leash pressure.

Like any tool it can be misused.

I like it to train heel because its timing and level of correction/pressure is consistent.

You need to read up on the 4 quadrents of operant conditioning.
>>
>>35182605
thats all fine and dandy but you and I know for every unit sold 50 are used by dumbasses and housewives to tazer their dogs into not shitting on the carpet
>>
>>35182203 as part of a balanced training method.

>>35182266

Negative reinforcement is removing something bad to stop a bad behaviour, you are describing positive punishment.

An example of negative reinforcement would be applying leash pressure to a dog thats pulling, it will learn that it can turn off the leash pressure by not pulling and you then add positive reinforcement when it is at heel.
>>
>>35182641
>hey now I took psychology 101 too guy who is also on a mongolian shadow puppet board at 3am EST how dare you use the plebeian common definition of negative reinforcement instead of my enlightened basic behavior meme definition I memorized for a midterm at community college

the positive reinforcement, negative punishment bullshit definitions of non punitive discipline are used fucking nowhere this side of your last semester's intro to psych elective.
>>
>>35182671

>the positive reinforcement, negative punishment bullshit definitions of non punitive discipline are used fucking nowhere this side of your last semester's intro to psych elective.

I have no idea what that is supposed to do with DOG training, I took a trade and didnt go to University.

I think your anthropomorphising Dogs which is a common mistake. Dogs and Humans work together and complement each other because of their differences.

Its only in the last 15 years dog training has become an internet degree in cookie tossing. You can argue with traditional methods but the results speak for themselves. Now dogs are pissing themselves over fireworks or destroying a house because their owners left for an hour. Stress is now removed instead of the dog being taught how to handle it.
>>
>>35180269
At him. with the full intent of killing it.
>>
File: you magnificent bastard.jpg (46KB, 386x480px) Image search: [Google]
you magnificent bastard.jpg
46KB, 386x480px
>>35182749
Dogs do not need to be controlled. They need to be taught obedience *and* self control, which are both different. Just like little kids.

The nice thing is, most decent breeds want to help. Unlike little kids, which simply want their way... but that's a different line of thought.
>>
>>35182774

Im not "controlling" a dog, Im merely teaching it where and when to do what comes naturally, I use a dog for the work a dog does, as man has done for thousands of years.

Do you think Humans have anything of value to teach a dog to trail for instance? Sure we can stomp hotdogs into the ground to get a nice clean little sport track or I can let the dog use all of its instinct and senses. All I do is control when, where and who he is trailing.
>>
File: 1505107684632.jpg (33KB, 695x381px) Image search: [Google]
1505107684632.jpg
33KB, 695x381px
So, let me get this straight: I have an angry dog and a knife in front of me.

I shoot the dog, then put the knife in a scabbard so no one gets hurt.
>>
>>35181410
>>Stared at me with a Karl Pilkington look on her face
kek
>>
>>35180269
Cut the doggo free
Go to the dogpark
Get pizza
>>
>>35180791
The funny part about this is that golden retrievers grow into awful habits naturally and have been known to attack people unprovoked just as severely as pitbulls have before
>>
>all these fags going UH YEAH I WOULD JUST PUNCH IT LOL
mate, you ain't gonna do shit while a doggo(especially a pitbull) is snapping your armbones like a twig

t.vet
>>
>>35180318
google the list of fatal dog attacks and tell me how many people were just walking down the road there bud
>>
>>35180422
And 60 kilos is how much in pounds? Oh... it's over 100...
>>
>>35180422
>Rotties max out at about 60kg
large majority of them are way smaller tho. i never got why they got such a bad rep. usually pretty chill dogs.

i met with a very big mean motherfucker as a kid the problem was the owner of course. he was convinced his dog was invincible and all-dominant and the dog adopted this idea from him. so i told him i could crush the dogs skull with one punch but i don't want to hurt his dog so i will punch his leg instead. he didn't believe me, then i punched him and he decided he doesn't want me punching his dog after all. interestingly the attitude change immediately reflected on his dog. the dog watched me more warily after and gave me no attitude like before.

it's a cliche but if you meet a shitty dog look for it's shitty owner and correct him.
>>
>>35180269

That's a big dog.
>>
File: 1498206130300.gif (2MB, 280x358px) Image search: [Google]
1498206130300.gif
2MB, 280x358px
>>35183238
>>
>>35183156
>I could crush your dog's skull
>let me punch your dog

Sounds like you are the one who needs his head crushed, edgelord
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 672x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 672x450px
Ram your finger in his pooper

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=300_1505428127
>>
>>35180318
Go to bed Ryckert.
>>
>>35180318
Away
>>
>>35184087
Meant for OP

>>35180269
>>
>>35183074
>golden retrievers
>attack people unprovoked

Retrievers are the calmest and most sociable dog breed
>>
>>35180791
>equating a domesticated animal that WE BRED to humans
wow it's like science was never thought outside of the west coast
>>
>>35180318
>also dogs dont get "angry"

wut?
>>
>>35180269
>>35180337

Anyone from ATF here?
Which is the best place to shoot at to disable a dog? Heart? Head?
I am really impressed how quick the Law Enforcement is able to kill dogs

I am not saying this to be extremely edgy or something, but there are dogs that keep fighting even after getting stabbed multiple times, so the /med/ question is justified imo
>>
>>35180269
I walk slowly, evenly, and assertively either around it or away from it. I am not a nigger, jude, muslim, or any shade of brown. I do not fear dogs as an abomination of the earth, but know them as an ancient ally who probably helped my great great grandfather out of a tight spot when he needed help. Dogs are one of the earth's most beautiful creatures, a fine testament to the ancient aryan people's friendliness, bond with nature, and talent for eugenics.
>>
File: toadlineup.png (270KB, 1167x307px) Image search: [Google]
toadlineup.png
270KB, 1167x307px
SMASHED
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.