[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We know it can take out old Soviet monkey model tunks, but how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4866.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4866.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
We know it can take out old Soviet monkey model tunks, but how well does it do against modern tunks?

I mean the gun, not missiles.
>>
>>35177312
>muh monkey models
>>
>>35177312
Honestly, bretty good desu.
If you consider the high volume of hits and exterior spalling, I'm sure a mission kill or firepower kill is easily obtainable.
>>
>>35177312
Useless
>>
Not well, which is why the F35 will replace it.
>>
>>35177395
>>
>>35177312
The penetration just isn't there.
Maybe they could replace it with a 105mm but then again maybe they couldn't.
>>
File: 75.jpg (41KB, 489x286px) Image search: [Google]
75.jpg
41KB, 489x286px
>>35177312
they just need to mount a 7.5 cm bordkanone instead
>>
>>35177312
It was already having trouble against the T-72.
>>
>>35177361
>>35177395
>>35178560
>>35178675
What they said. Even a shit ton of 30mm won't cut it anymore, especially since you're only getting like, what did the report say? Maybe 3-5 hits on a tank in a single gun run? I'm sure some anon has the source, but basically, the vast bulk of the gun run misses the tank, and the ones that do hit, rarely hit anything important.
>>
>>35178740
however, all the commieshit using states really, really like APCs (specifically russkie ones) which have notoriously thin skin on all sides, so it can still rape those to death all day long
>>
>>35178740
Not only is this not true, the amount of hits striking the tank, while maybe not penetrating the armor all the way through and killing the enemy, are hitting optics, tank treads, and the tanks gun itself, rendering it near useless after a single gun run
>>
>>35179195
IF they hit those bits.
>>
>>35179294
have you seen the receiving end of that weapon. It would fuck optics up unless they were well protected which I imagine they are but some tank sights are just sitting out there rather than some small target.
>>
>>35179383
Tank optics are not a large target and anything short of a direct hit won't reliably knock them out.

And modern tanks have much improved armor on the top end which reflects the increased priorities on protection from ATGM over tank on tank action. 30mm is not even close to being sufficient. All the new anti-tank weapons coming out these days are guided munitions for a reason.
>>
>>35179543
You literally dont understand anything about the amount of shells and their force of impact that land on the strike area from the gau-8...
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.