[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a 40 caliber glock a good handgun to start off with for someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: wm_8908109.jpg (113KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
wm_8908109.jpg
113KB, 800x600px
Is a 40 caliber glock a good handgun to start off with for someone who's never owned a gun before?

And what are the odds of getting drunk and shooting someone in the face who wronged you like the guy that sold your dad crack or the guy that molested you? (perfectly valid question)
>>
>>35176348
As long as it's a nigger you're ok.
>>
>>35176348
>what are the odds of getting drunk and shooting someone in the face
If that's a concern, you have no business owning a gun
>>
>>35176377
You didn't answer the first question
>>
>>35176348
>40 caliber glock
Neither of those are good in a handgun.
>>
1. Yes, if you have someone teach you safety before you actually buy it, and you have a range to practice at.

2. You're way more likely to shoot yourself than those guys, but please don't do either.
>>
>>35176383
Doesn't need to be. If you're the type of person that explodes with anger at the slightest offense then you shouldn't own a firearm.
>>
>>35176534
That's definitely not me. I'm extremely mild mannered and my coworkers have told me I'm a great guy. It's only people that have wronged me that have left a deep psychological imprint. Or a burglar. I'd definitely kill someone who broke into my house.
>>
A .40 is perfectly fine as a first gun, though I strongly suggest a .22 to get the fundamentals down, the snap of a .40 has a tendency to induce Flinch in the uninitiated. Nothing training can't fix, but training is cheaper with a .22.
>>
>>35176348
If it's your first, go for a 9mm, cheaper while offering comperable performance, but memes aside, you'll get similar performance with any modern caliber.

If you have friends who are hazguns, ask them for recommendations, and see if they'll take you to the range.

Once you have about 4-5 guns in your head, go to your lgs, and ask them to let you handle them.

Feel out the grips, the mag release, the trigger, work the slide.

Then pick out whatever feels best.

Buy a box of quality hollow points, and then a shit ton of range ammo

Go practice, make sure your gun cycles your hollow points reliably, then buy another box
>>
>>35176560
>only people that have wronged me
Plenty of people wronged Seung-Hui Cho too
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.