[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What score did you get on the ASVAB? As in the actual test itself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7

File: ASVAB-Practice-Test.jpg (60KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
ASVAB-Practice-Test.jpg
60KB, 500x300px
What score did you get on the ASVAB? As in the actual test itself at MEPS, not the practice tests. I got a 97 was pretty proud of it until I got permanently disqualified for failing that fucking hearing test and couldn't hear all the beeping sounds.
>>
So you aren't even medically qualified yet you made an entirely new topic to brag about your asvab score?
>>
>proud of a 97

Same score here; you shouldn't be proud of being able to breathe and walk at the same time. Any score under the 90s is dumb, anything under 70s is literal mouthbreather tier.
>>
>>35175072
Man I remember people at my recruiting station needing multiple tests and waivers for their low scores when I joined in 2007. How do you fail this shit?
>>
>>35175072
98, didn't even study
>>
It's a basic IQ test. The better question is why your hearing is so bad at that age.
>>
>>35175072
When I took my asvab there was a guy there who got turned away because he couldn't get above the 50pt army cut on his test (and multiple retests) and he has to wait a certain amount of time to take it again.
>>
>>35175072
96 in highschool on 3 hours of sleep.
I'm now at a slightly above average difficulty state university and feel like an idiot.

90% of people in the military must be borderline, if not fully, retarded.
>>
I took the asvab without studying and really hungover, got a 93
>could have been worse
>>
>>35176327
Because it's a highschool equivalency test because that's all that's necessary. If you go for advanced education no wonder it becomes more difficult. You sound more like the fucking retard for not realizing that.
>>
>>35176318
It's a high school knowledge test. 18 year olds tend to do better than someone who is 26 because you forget much of the stuff on it, aside from basic math.
>>
>>35176347
>If you go for advanced education no wonder it becomes more difficult. You sound more like the fucking retard for not realizing that.
It's percentile based senpai.

Which means retarded little me, barely surviving my junior year in college, scored higher than 96% of people that wanted to enlist.
>>
I took this memetest in highschool to get out of a class.
I got a 91 or something. The son of the muhreen who wanted to be a muhreen got a 60 lol
>>
>>35176758
>Doubles down on retardation

Considering they make kids in highschool take it just cause, you did not score 96% better than those wanting to enlist because so many of those kids never do.

I'm beginning to think you're lying all together or had a head injury sense.
>>
>>35175072
It's a percentile based test in the military. You're not exactly competing against the best and brightest. Since 90% of recruits are borderline retarded a 97 is more like a 70.
>>
>>35176391
It is graded based on your age group, anon.
>>
>>35176810
>Considering they make kids in highschool take it just cause, you did not score 96% better than those wanting to enlist because so many of those kids never do.
>Make kids take it

Where?
I lived outside of Fort Hood (Largest Army base in the world) and they didn't force anyone to take it.
You had to sign a bunch of shit to get out of class during the day to go do it.
>>
>>35176864
See >>35176781
Doofus did it to get out of a class. I've heard others say it was more or less given to every student.
>>
>>35176880
>I've heard others say it was more or less given to every student.
So you've never taken it or seen it administered yourself?
>>
>>35176890
I got a 96. I took it. I'm a vet who got out in 2011. You had to go to recruiter on my HS days.
>>
got a 95, easy shit and I was one of the first to finish
another kid in my group got like a 50
I don't know how people score so badly on it
>>
>>35176901
>I got a 96. I took it. I'm a vet who got out in 2011.
But you're denying that the average enlisted person couldn't think their way out of a wet paper bag?

How many double horse-shoe of dip lipped E6/E7s have you met that could barely write and had trouble figuring out words longer than 5 letters?
(Don't lie)
>>
i dont know what test you guys were taking, im thinking either you all took a different test or are lying. all these people who took took the test on no sleep, without prep, hungover..ect and scored above a 90.

it's the internet boys, no need to lie..

the test wasn't really hard, but there were most certainly some difficult math and science related elements to it.
>>
>>35176932
>the test wasn't really hard, but there were most certainly some difficult math and science related elements to it.
My university made me take remedial math and there was nothing on the ASVAB I couldn't figure out.
Unless you have trouble visualizing stuff (the sun/moon questions) the science stuff shouldn't have been hard either.
>>
>>35176932
t. marine
>>
>>35175072
Weird, you would think it wouldn't matter, since they are going to deafen you with firearms, vehicles, and machinery anyway.
>>
>>35175072
>tfw 39
>tfw took it again and somehow bumped it up to 66

I think they got my tests mixed up, who else here /rock/?
>>
>>35176932
i legit was hungover and only had 3 hours of sleep. one of which was on the ride to meps. got a 93. i honestly didn't realize how well i did until i got to basic.
>>
>>35176930
It's not that enlisted are that dumb, it's that humanity is that dumb. Believe it or not, the military is a truncation filter. Historically nobody under 90 IQ is supposed to get in (with famous exceptions like McNamara's Morons, who died at 3x the rate of normal soldiers).

>>35176932
>solve babbys first algebra equation
>name this wrench
>the polarity of a battery
>difficult

You're just dumb, or associate with fellow dumb people, that's all. No need to be ashamed since IQ is mostly nature, but please realize most people are going to be brighter and accept the implications.
>>
>>35176930
Oh there was lots of idiots for sure. However smart people as well. I think smarter people wanted to join back when the war was going on just to experience it. Where these days it's more desperation or lack of ability to pay for college.

It's a mixed bag on the percentile though. When I took it you had to go to recruiter, now kids take it to get out of class.

If my theory holds up, then my 96 might be "lower" than yours comparitively if all these "smart" kids are taking it to ditch class.

Anyway I just popped in the thread because it's always only people with 90's who post when I know that's not the case. It's GT score that counts for jobs available anyway.
>>
>>35176987
i never stated my score, solid assumption though dude! can see all of the US up there on your high horse? it's forum on the internet that also happens to be anonymous, when you lie here, the only person you're lying to, is yourself.

i find it odd that 5+ people who've posted here thus far have gotten above 90 on it when the average score is around 65
>>
Most of you are mixing up your GT score with your overall score, or you're lying.
>>
>>35177092
this
>>
I got a 95 and 135 on the gt.

I'm scared as hell of getting DQ'd.
>>
>>35177092
You should shit on both math tests and then not get memed on the other tests and score in the 10th percentile.

If you study for 4 hours via like 4 different test providers, you should be fine.
>>
>>35176932
I took the GED at 16 without any prep and no sleep and still got 99th percentile. I was flunking out of school but I have autism-tier memory so it was easy. Some people are just good test takers.
>>
>>35177063
You're projecting hard, anon.

"The internet" is about +1SD IQ above the average. That's the pool a bachelors degree used to indicate, before college watered down all the way to an average of 100 IQ in the 00s.

>>35177092
GT scores only come in the triple digits (for real human beings on our high horses, that is) so it's impossible to confuse them with a double-digit score.

I'm infantry FFS and maybe 10% of my platoon has a GT under 120. I know one (1) person with a 95.
>>
File: a28.jpg (32KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
a28.jpg
32KB, 480x454px
>there are gun owners on this board right now who scored less than a 90 on the ASVAB
stay the hell away from me
>>
>>35177168
>yfw you realise a lot of people only become cops because they weren't smart enough to be in the military
>>
>>35176318
The only thing that remotly resembles an IQ test is the last part of the test. The rest are general knowledge. You should be destroying both math sections since those are the only two you can actually study for and ace.
>>
>>35175072
99 like everybody else with 2 IQ points to rub together.

And before you ask, 141 GT.
>>
> live in the "inner city"
> go to navy recruiters
> take ASVAB, tired af, hadn't eaten breakfast, get an 82
> damn I could have done better
> recruiters give me nuke, CT, etc as options
I mean I'm not exactly a genius here, maybe like a C-B average in high school, but it's hard to believe people get like 40s and 50s on this thing.
>>
>>35177063
>average score is around 65
That should tell you why everybody scores in the 90s; The average isn't 50.
>>
>>35177200
>doing well on mech/engineering/science alltogether
This outs you as a virgin
>>
>>35177220
> t. 0311
>>
>>35176825
There's only 2 age groups though, and the range within them is massive.
>17-25
and
>over 25
since the hard cap for age is 34 and the soft cap (requires waiver) is 29 for enlistment.

>>35176864
It's a required portion of the Prairie State Exam (which also contains the full ACT and everything but the writing portion of the SAT), which is given to all 11th graders in IN, IL, IA, KS, MO, and maybe MN. That's several million people every year.
>>
File: 1494900657360.jpg (31KB, 615x456px) Image search: [Google]
1494900657360.jpg
31KB, 615x456px
All of these people ITT acting like they're astounded people get far lower scores than they do. The black and the Hispanic population of the US considerable DUMBS down our scores. Please take a step back for once in your sheltered lives.
>>
>>35177230
Scoring in the 1th percentile is just as bad as scoring below 90 desu.
>>
File: giphy-2.gif (3MB, 640x357px) Image search: [Google]
giphy-2.gif
3MB, 640x357px
>making a thread on 4chan attempting to low key brag about your ASVAB score
kek what a fucking loser
>>
>>35177245
not to mention

>>35177209
>65 is somehow the average percentile
>>
>>35177220
I'm married and have kids, so no.
>>
File: IMG_1535.jpg (158KB, 960x537px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1535.jpg
158KB, 960x537px
>>35177255
>1th percentile
>1th
>one-th
Should've studied, lance corporal
>>
>>35177255
>1th
Did you fail firth grade too?
>>
>>35175072
I hate that fucking hearing test. You have to stop breathing just to hear the beeps.
>>35176956
In the Air Force, at least, they're pretty good about forcing you to wear hearing protection. You can get written up just for not having double hearing protection on you on the flightline, even if there's no loud noise at the time. They also audiogram you every year to track hearing loss
>>35177092
I have no idea what the GT score is.
>t. 97 on ASVAB separated AMMO troop
>>
>>35177281
Some dude was literally talking while I was taking the hearing test and I passed.
>>
>>35177245
What gets my ribs floating? The dumbdumbs who can't believe they're on the left side of the curve, and think everyone else is BSing.

On the ethnic side of things, the IQ curve for Sub-Saharan blacks in the US is a full standard deviation left of the Caucasian curve.
>>
>>35177162
i don't think you know what projecting means. you sound like an idiot which makes me think this is a troll
>>
>>35177245
I went to a very small, very rural school. My entire county was 100% white, not a single racial minority to be found.

I was the only person to score over a 70% on the ASVAB, only person to break a 90 GT, and the sole reason my class's average ACT was over a 20 (I had a 33). My graduating class was 32 people, of which only 19 actually attended the high school proper (the rest were Behavioral Health Academy or special ed """graduates""" that got lumped into our graduating class because we were the county seat). We graduated 100% of my class, not like a bunch failed or got held back either.

You'd be surprised at how many legitimately dumb white people there are. Yes, a lot of them simply didn't give a shit about it (again, you were required to take it even if you had no intention of enlisting), but that can't account for all of them.
>>
>>35177291
They do put you in a sound dampened booth, although you can still hear printers and whatnot in the other room.
>>
>>35177264
I expect it's the average score of people who actually enlist, considering you HAVE to have something like a 32 or 35 to actually enlist. That'll shift the average for successful enlistees up since they don't have any 5's dragging it down.
>>
>>35177321
It only absorbs low DB. If somebody talks outside you can still here it.
>>
>>35177281
I was Army aviation. We could only wear approved hearing protection, which were our cranials. The muffs built into the cranials were only rated for 21 NRR, and would not seal if you were wearing the required eye protection so didn't give anywhere near their rated protection.

I went in with perfect hearing. Within 2 years I had 35% hearing loss and when I ETS'd I had 60% hearing loss in both ears. I wore my issued hearing protection RELIGIOUSLY, like to the point others made fun of me. We had several junior NCO's that went completely, 100% deaf while I was there.

A Blackhawk APU produces over 200 decibels. We were around them 8 to 12 hours a day.
>>
>>35177328
This, also the insulation isn't very good. I could hear the lady administering it fart.
>>
>>35177311
Racial differences are real and unPC, so they get more views; but people miss the other kinds of filters too.

Assortative mating amplified things, uni used to filter, STEM still filters, job types filter, there are regional catchments based on employment...

There are plenty of white idiots (85 IQ was the old definition, but it's been lowered to 70 now; thanks APA faggots!). But it sounds like you came from a bit of a special area. For the average upper-middle-class person, whose parents have bachelors and probably better, and who are expected to attain the same, most of the under-100 group never quite enter their social radar.
>>
>>35175072
I had a 91 and 1' s across the board at meps
>>
File: didn't study.png (1MB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
didn't study.png
1MB, 1200x675px
>>35177092
>>35177119
Or maybe you're just part of the 65%
I'm not even one of the anons in this thread who posted already
>>
>>35177388
>posting evidence of scoring well on the asvab
This is sad desu. May as well drop your adress so we can give you a hug?
>>
I forget, it's been a while. It was either 89, 91, or 92. I just know my GT score is 121. And my dumb ass went weapons repair. Somebody on Fort Hood, shoot me.
>>
>>35177397
If you drop your address, I'll send you a vial of my saliva. :)
>>
>>35176932
>it's the internet boys, no need to lie..

If you didn't score in the 90s I would be surprised you could fill out the captcha. The GED is more challenging.

What boggles my mind is the score is a percentile. Every junior in my HS took the test after a few hours of prep ACT and aptitude tests. 97% of people who take the test did worse than my "I just don't give a fuck anymore I'll spend 5 seconds on each problem and put my head on the desk" performance. I want to meet the guy who gave it his all and got a 30. That's impressive.
>>
>>35175072
99, showed up dehydrated and with a massive headache.

The recruiter also didn't explain that it was a percentile score, so ended up looking stupid by complaining that "I know I got all of them right" once I got my score.
>>
>>35177375
>it sounds like you came from a bit of a special area
In a way. Rural farming town where people generally didn't go to college (either because they couldn't afford to, or were gonna take over Daddy's farm and didn't need to--agribusiness degrees are good and all but nothing that can't be taught OJT).

I mean, I did okay in school. I graduated with a 3.86, which got me 4th in class standing. I could've had a 4.0 but elected to take all 6 offered AP courses instead of coasting down the general college prep course, and while I did okay with them I didn't do great (B both AP bio classes, A in AP physics, C- in AP calculus, B in AP algebra, B in AP chem)
>tfw valedictorian was one of those people that couldn't fail at anything
He was in all the AP courses I was and graduated with a 4.10 (perfect), was a 3-season athlete and made All State in both football and baseball (quarterback and pitcher respectively, of course), was classically good looking, devoutly religious, and had a smoking hot GF in school. He earned it, and he got where he was through hard work. The two salutatorians were also decently smart, but they both cheated their way to their 4.0's and coasted down the general college-prep track. Both ended up in dead-end jobs at the local farmer's bank as tellers, and are both single mothers now.

But as a counter point we had the local fuckup, the one who only took the welding and small motor shop classes and scraped by with C-'s in those because he spent all his free time smoking meth and getting drunk, and a whole bunch of trailer trash that did just enough to not fail out of their vocational tracks.
>>
I got an 89 with English as my second (and definitely not fluent at the time) language.

The things that threw me were obviously things I couldn't translate or understand through context and some imperial measurement bullshittery..
>>
>>35177311
My little bro did a recruiting tour in Bumfuck, NC. Some of his stories just leave you in awe. Only 1 in 4 of the highschool graduates he got in for the ASVAB scored above the minimum. 3 out of 4 were too dumb to join the infantry and get splattered by a VBE for their country. He had one girl who pulled a 5.
>>
File: 1500596731675.jpg (121KB, 444x460px) Image search: [Google]
1500596731675.jpg
121KB, 444x460px
i was a dunce, got 68 on the test, but i passes everything else up until this toe test that got me disqualified. fml
>>
>>35175072
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.