[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unless this guy is lying about the numbers he's chronog

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Moarliek40+P amirite.jpg (76KB, 854x437px) Image search: [Google]
Moarliek40+P amirite.jpg
76KB, 854x437px
Unless this guy is lying about the numbers he's chronographing, it seems there is some truth to the claim that modern 10mm loadings that aren't Buffalo Bore or Underwood are loaded to similar specs as .40 S&W. What a waste of money:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydwXJ2yhfnU

I guess this is also the reason for the other claim as to why the Glock 20 is somehow better capable of handling sustained use of 10mm compared to older offerings like the 1076 or Delta Elite--because the ammo being used in them today is far weaker than what the FBI tested back in the day.
>>
>>35171781
Just chronograph your own shit. You can buy one for like $75 and up. Similarly, unless you buy your .357 sig from Underwood or Buffalo Bore you're just shooting 9mm/.40 because no manufacture loads it up to its intended spec.

Leave Paul Harrell out of this!
>>
>>35171781
Let me tell you something, friend. Factory ammo is as anemic as a nigger with bad sickle cells. Ammo companies know that most fudds don't own chronographs, so they Jew the customer down on powder. When you make millions of rounds of ammo, shorting the customer by just one grain of powder per round is enough for the CEO to buy another yacht at the end of the year.
>>
>>35171781
>>35172059
These are all walmart-available ammo, and yes the means you will pay less than some brands, and also get less. The potential performance of 10mm is higher. The video says more about Federal than anything else.
>>
>>35172322
But the Federal "Premium" performed barely better than the cheap Federal, and even worse than the cheap Remington.
>>
>>35172355
how far did you get through school before you dropped out? wait a second everything sucks now, i'm sure you've got a masters degree
>>
File: 15054558787112034990549.jpg (4MB, 4160x2080px) Image search: [Google]
15054558787112034990549.jpg
4MB, 4160x2080px
>>35172355
>>35171781
Sig makes pretty decent shit, 1250fps for 180grain
>>
>>35172626
sig is the cheapest true 10mm loads you can get that I know of. Everything else cheaper that I've seen are basically FBI loads.
>>
>>35171813
this is true. I own a P226 in .357 Sig and it's pathetic how the loading situation is. Almost all loads - even handloads - that you see are around 500 ft/lbs or so depending on bullet weight and velocity. But generally they're far below what the cartridge is capable of. PPU is the only cheap manufacturer I've found that produces reasonably powerful plinking loads (660 ft/lbs) and I've seen one or two loads break 700 ft/lbs.

That being said - this seems commonplace with all cartridges. I've seen huge variations in normal .38 Special ammo as well. I'm going to go on a limb and say all major-brand ammo is severely underloaded.
>>
>>35172754
Its the best they have at academy anyway, 25 for 50 isn't great but meh. Just wish they had JHP in store, I don't even know where to begin looking for that

Norma spec was 1250 for 180gr yeah?
>>
http://ballisticsbytheinch.com/calibers.html
Go nuts.
>>
It's strange how this is the case for so many of these autoloading calibers. I know that most .357 Magnum has not been watered down in this kind of way, even if you're just buying American Eagle or standard green box Remington. I get ~1450 FPS out of a 4'' Security Six with a Remington 125 grain .357 Magnum.
>>
>>35172355
The "premium" in Federal Premium refers the the accuracy and components, not the power. I'm surprised it isn't barely loaded to the minimum power factor to make Major in UPSA.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.