[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I picked up a softball bat for a dollar at a second hand store

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

I picked up a softball bat for a dollar at a second hand store to keep by the door in case of belligerent drunks or Jehovah's Witnesses. Because its old and beat to shit and for shits and giggles i thought i'd paint it up to look like military ordnance.

I decided on an OD base with red lettering and markings to match riot control markings, but i dont know what kind of information would go on something like this.

Anyone mind giving me advice and ideas for designing it?
As well as a name?
>>
>>35171668
Why would you use a baseball bat if you're actually expecting violent confrontation? That's retarded. If you're just using it to larp as a video game character then look here for ideas

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Scout#Melee
>>
>>35171797
Because of a thing called excessive force, a bat is often times the best choice for dealing with unwanted individuals with a minimal risk of facing criminal charges.
>>
>>35171907
>excessive force
Move out of your communist hell hole, and if you believe in excessive force, neck yourself.
>>
File: 1488855991143.png (167KB, 315x333px) Image search: [Google]
1488855991143.png
167KB, 315x333px
>>35171907
>Beating the piss out of somebody with a bat won't get you sued
>>
>>35172072
>and if you believe in excessive force, neck yourself.
That'll be a good defense when the judge asks you why you shot and killed someone for trying to steal your $30 grill.
>>
>>35171907
A bat could easily be construed as a lethal weapon if your local DA and prosecuting attorneys want to make an example of you.
>>
>>35172177
Any object could be, however a persuasive jab to the ribs or gut is a lot harder to call excessive deadly force than aiming or firing a gun at someone.
>>
>>35172177
So could your fists.
>>
>>35172240
If the police on the scene believe you feared for your life in the situation and the person is DOA, 9 times out of 10 you get no charges and even have the gun returned to you in a few months at most.

There's no reason to use a bat if you know you can mozambique a man-sized target at up to 50 yards.
>>
>>35171668
Bat, two hand, niggers
>>
>>35173802
9 times out of 10 your life isn't in danger and you're just dealing with an asshole who thinks he's more intimidating than he really is.
>>
>>35174104
In the US you can use a reasonable amount of force to stop or restrain someone committing a felony. If they escalate the situation and harm you in response, you have a right to self defense, up to a lethal amount if you reasonable feel your life is in danger. So you DO have a right to stop someone from stealing your grill, and if they try to stop you from stopping them you probably have the right to beat the shit out of them, maybe even kill them. If you kill them you better be able to prove they were actually a threat to your life though.

Have fun falling into that 1 out of 10 situation where your home gets invaded and they shoot your wife and rape your dog. Get something more lethal.
>>
>>35174155
I live in apartments where life threatening crime is rare but petty crime and vandalism is decently high and most of the time all you need is to wave a blunt object and yell "fuck off" the get rid of them.

Of course im going to do everything in my power to defend my self if my life is actually in danger, but its retarded to think you can just wave a gun around for every small incident.
>>
How the fuck are you going to make a baseball bat look like ordinance anyway
>>
>>35174444
OD green enamel base coat, and i have a vinyl cutter to make proper stencils for the red lettering.
>>
>>35172165
Yeah, you won't be in any better of a situation if you try to bludgeon him with a bat you sperg.
>>
>>35174560
You don't have to viciously beat someone with a bat for it to be effective you dumb fucking urban youth.
>>
>>35171668
>be CCW
>mom is a Jehovah's Witness
>start going to meetings have a bible study
>get approved to go knock on people's doors
>have 38 snub nose under my coat

Be careful anon, not everyone who knocks are your door is baptized witnesses they are merely approved for the door to door work following in Jesus's ministry.
>>
If you do intend to do a green base with red lettering, make it say "Designated FNG Compliance Tool"

That'd be pretty funny
>>
>>35172177
especially if you stencil "riot control device" on it.

i'd put this somewhere on it, with a few substitutions. the correct color would be yellow rather than white, and the size is wrong for a law but you'd want to measure the bat diameter and use that anyway.
>>
>>35174576
What an effective level of beating?
>>
>>35171668
You need a shotgun to protect your porch from the faithful, anon.
>>
>>35172157
>Getting sued is the same as criminal charges
American education
>>
>>35174435
>but its retarded to think you can just wave a gun around for every small incident.
You've got a bit of sense in you. Rare around here.
>>
>>35171668
The M(approx year of bat) Riot Baton, Full length.
>>
>>35172165
If someone is on my property without my permission, my state deems that a felony. The state also allows lethal force on anyone you see committing a felony. It's a pretty open shut case. Like I said. Move out of your commie hellhole, and if you agree with them use "excessive force" on yourself
>>
>>35174630
You can't make people convert through force of arms.
We're not Saracens.
We're not savages.
You're the savage.
>>
>>35176058
Converting peoplw with force lul

Just say no thank you I'm not interested they will thank you and leave. It's like you have no social skills.
>>
>>35171668
1. Worries about using 'excessive force'
2. Paints his sporting implement to deliberately be a purposed weapon
3. Premeditation
4. Swallowing Bubbas's load in lockup
>>
>>35174576
You're aware brandishing isn't exclusive to firearms, right? If you pull a weapon, it better be because you're getting ready to defend your life, otherwise you're going to be fucked whether you threatened them with a gun or bat or knife or katana.
>>
>>35172165
Because that was my $30 grill.
>>
>>35178395
This. Painting your weapon to be more intimidating/edgy WILL be used against you if you ever actually try to use it on someone.
>>
>>35174435
>Felony breaking and entering, potentially assault and murder
>small incident
>>
>>35171907
Kek, that's because it's perceived to not be a weapon. That perception goes straight out the fucking window the second you start painting it to look like military ordnance.
>>
>>35171668
>>35171907
>>35172165
>>35172240
>>35174104
>>35174435
>>35174539
>>35174576
kek I hope this snarky fuck gets raped. seriously get a gun dude and if someone breaks into your house ventilate them. say young jamal breaks in to rob you and you come out with a bat. You knock him good a few times and he runs off. Three days later him and the rest of the neighborhood nogs break down your door.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.