[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be me >Born and live in AussieLand >Be a security provider

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: mrzWgiA.jpg (58KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
mrzWgiA.jpg
58KB, 960x540px
>Be me
>Born and live in AussieLand
>Be a security provider licensed to carry handguns for work
>Can only use a gun for "work purposes"
>Cannot buy my own
>Blow $100 on gun rental and ammo everytime I go to the range to train

How get around this, How hard is it to get a green card?

I want what you Americans have so bad.
>>
Texas fag welcomes you. Seriously, if you come, I WILL take you to the range then buy you a beer.
>>
>>35171437
just checked.. $1400 round trip flight... Fuck, Tempting
>>
>>35171417
You can buy your own gun in Aussieland. You wont be able to use that particular gun for work but you could buy something similar to train with.
>>
>>35171599
You know what I make do with?
A replica M9 for drawing and other shit that doesn't involve shooting,

But anytime I want to shoot an actual handgun I have to go to the range,

Anytime I want to shoot some fudd guns I go to my buddies farm 2 hours away.

But I can't purchase my own because my weapons licence is a specific security work licence.

If I wanted my own I'd be spending another 2 grand just on licensing and pistol club memberships
>>
>>35171417
Why don't you just get a gun licence?
>>
>>35171683
I'm not made of money anon.
>>
>>35171676
My pistol club membership is $260 a year. Was like $50 for the application to the cops.
Training course was free, provided by the club.
That's $310. That's all I paid for my licence.
Range use is free anytime I want. Can shoot any handguns I like using club targets, steel, poppers, whatever.
The guns themselves were expensive but if you just want some gay glock shit you can get them complete with belts, holsters, mag pouches, the lot for like $1k second hand.

Cat A and B licence costs me $17.30 per year.
>>
>>35171970
What about gun safe... Make that another $500

My work licence is Cat C,E and H and that's close to $500 too if i remember, after fingerprints and background check
>>
>>35172082
Like $300 for a handgun safe. My safe was much more expensive but you don't need to spend as much as I did.

You don't need shit like fingerprinting for cat A, B and H. An ABH licence is a step under your Cat C/E for work so they'll hassle you a lot less. They just have to process some paperwork.
They don't charge you for background checks, the only fees you'll pay are the initial licencing fee and a fee for processing the paperwork.

If you want to shoot without renting guns in this country you either need to cough up the cash or buy illegally.
>>
I'm from Australia but my parents were able to move us to the US with this visa.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-3_visa

It wasn't easy either, but compared to most other countries Australians have it a lot easier to immigrate legally to the US and get a green card. Take advantage of it while it's still there, Trump might get rid of it too eventually.
>>
>>35172187
God I hate the hoops they make you jump through, But i'll look into it.

>>35172215
I'll look into this too.
>>
>>35171417
Ausfags don't have guns, this is fake
>>
>>35171417
Sounds like Perth lmao.

Speaking of, anybody know if you can still buy guns interstate?
I heard Aus Post was never on the approved carriers list or some shit so now imports are fucked
>>
>>35173901
>look mom I posted it again!
>>
>>35174441
Think QLD, Think near brisbane, Think boganville central...

Don't think Inala
>>
>>35174441
Afaik only WA was affected by that. I havent heard of anybody else having any issue with interstate transfers. Mate of mine got a gun sent up from QLD last week and had no issues.
>>
>>35171417
Aw shit m80 smoke grenade, if you wanna move to the us I'll gay marry you so you can get a green card. No homo.
>>
>>35174658
>Afaik only WA was affected by that.
Well guess what
>>
>>35174634
...i-ipswich??
>>
>>35174676
Damn.. You're good
>>
>>35174441

Yes, had a Jungle carbine imported from NSW to WA without drama.
>>
>>35174781
>>35174658
>>35174441
Bought a P210 from NSW and a Ruger Mk II from Victoria; I live in Qld. No issues.
>>
>>35174825
>P210
How is it? I like the look of them but don't know if I can justify another expensive, impractical gun. The only one I've seen was like $2k.
>>
File: 12011231545.jpg (678KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
12011231545.jpg
678KB, 2048x1365px
>>35174844
Yeah they hover around $2-2.5. They're just as accurate as people say they are. The trigger is very nice but not as nice as a decent 1911 trigger, Don't know how much room there is to improve trigger pull/feel - I've left it original. Safety verges on unusable. Beautifully made.

Supposed to be renowned for slide bite, but I've got pretty decent sized hands and grip it pretty high up and have never been bitten. Sights are simple, but nice. Heel release isn't my favourite but you get used to it. It's been very reliable overall - one stoppage in about 2500 rounds - however, that one was a doozy - a piece of what I think was primer managed to get itself between the barrel and the slide and locked it up like crazy - had to get the club armourer to clear it.

Overall, they're a very pleasant gun to shoot, a very accurate handgun and a nice piece of history and shooting folklore - but you're paying in part for that reputation.
>>
>>35174781
how recent?
>>
>>35174886
They're such a nice looking gun. Glad to hear it's been good to shoot. Do you shoot it in any kind of competitions or just buy it for fun?
>>
>>35174904

Roughly around three months ago.
>>
>>35174947
I do occasionally in casual Service matches but I mostly bought it for the fun of it.
>>
>>35174984
That's alright.
I enjoy it when people use something other than riced up glocks and 1911s for shit like IPSC.
>>
Easier in NZ and easier to get there
>>
>>35175135
Explain? I thought NZ had similar laws to Australia, excluding airsoft.
>>
>>35171437
> Round trip

Mother fucker, just pack up your shit, put in your 2 weeks, get the required citizenship, and come live here.
>>
>>35175183
If he just wanted guns there are a lot better 3rd world countries to move to than the US
>>
File: TheGloriousTaleOfBayeux (4).png (886KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
TheGloriousTaleOfBayeux (4).png
886KB, 900x675px
>>35175994
>implying texas is anything like the rest of the united states
The US is the greatest nation on Earth and Texas is the best state in it.
Hell I owned two handguns before I was even 18 and can walk into any gun shop and buy a shotgun or rifle for cash and walk out a happy man. Plus what were "illegal knives" are now legal, so you can carry swords around if you're autistic enough.
>>
File: 1394488547441.jpg (506KB, 2199x1258px) Image search: [Google]
1394488547441.jpg
506KB, 2199x1258px
>>35175183
Same, aussies are welcome here in Texas as long as you're not a fucking idiot.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.