[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /k/ I am a completely gun-illiterate canadian city-dwelling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1482727316290.jpg (535KB, 2567x1711px) Image search: [Google]
1482727316290.jpg
535KB, 2567x1711px
hey /k/ I am a completely gun-illiterate canadian city-dwelling person

I have had absolutely no thoughts good or ill about guns, to be honest, but I think the Beretta 85fs is the fucking sexiest thing I have ever seen in my life. Assuming I go through whatever hoops are necessary to hold one, am I better off buying the first gun that I actually gave a shit about, or am I better off listening to advice from people who ostensibly know their shit who recommend X or Y as "starter" guns?

also: try and find a sexier gun goddamn this shit is so cute.
>>
Metal-frame handguns are sex

Everyone will recommend you get some plastic fucking Glock instead, ignore them
>>
File: svriic.jpg (26KB, 500x356px) Image search: [Google]
svriic.jpg
26KB, 500x356px
>>35170001
Unfortunately the 81 to 85 are all under 105mm barrel length which makes them prohibited and unobtainable in Canada. The 86 with the tip up barrel is over 105mm however, but I would imagine it would be hard to find one in Canada. The 87 and 89 are also over 105mm, but are chambered in .22LR instead of .380 ACP.
>>
>>35170088
fucking balls, goddamn shit

the tip-up barrel does look pretty neat
I guess hard to find is better than illegal to own. Thanks for the info, chum
>>
>>35170001
No matter what you read on the internet about selecting a handgun, it always comes down to ergonomics, or how well the gun feels in your hand, how well you can reach and operate the controls with 1 hand, how naturally it points and lines up with your eye, etc.
In regards to caliber, more is better. If more is illegal, go bigger. All pistol cartridges are underpowered, and perform similarly. So find your balance point.
And lastly, you're going to like the gun if you want to like the gun, even if it's objectively a poor choice, or not /k/ approved.
Happy shooting, /k/omrade
>>
>>35170001
>>35170047
You should get a glock first OP.
>>
>>35170756
>more is better. If more is illegal, go bigger

In situations where more is necessary why the fuck would you care about the law?

OP shouldn't take magazine law (10 rds for pistols in Canada) into consideration. Get a gun that can hold 20 and some unpinned mags. Use them when SHTF.
>>
>>35170001
>or am I better off listening to advice from people who ostensibly know their shit who recommend X or Y as "starter" guns?

It really doesn't matter what exact gun you start off with. As long as it fits your hands (this does not mean "comfy") and is enjoyable to shoot, you will be able to learn.

You're not going to carry or buy a gun for self defense as a Canadian so half the shit /k/ tries to tell you doesn't apply to you. Literally buy a gun because you like how it looks, if it fits your hand and if it's shootable. The 85FS is a gun I've never shot but it's a ~22 ounce gun chambered in .380 so it's definately going to be something laughably soft shooting.

If you enjoy a gun, the more you'll look foward to shooting it. Have you considered the Beretta 92 Compact?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lwlMNkWcxI
>>
>>35170001

https://www.canadaammo.com/product/detail/girsan-yavuz-bright-white-9mm-luger-full-size-pistol/
>>
>>35171537
Because most situations aren't going to require firearms to begin with. But if one pops up, the law isn't going to excuse illegal items because it was necessary to OP's survival, they'd just slap on a ton of extra charges. If 20 is the limit, go 9. If 10 or less is the limit, go .45
>>
>>35171775
When SHTF the law would be irrelevant. If it was just some self defense situation against some nigger with consequences afterwards, then yes.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.