[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.defensenews.com/digital -show-dailies/dsei/2017/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: anglofrigate.jpg (47KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
anglofrigate.jpg
47KB, 750x422px
https://www.defensenews.com/digital-show-dailies/dsei/2017/09/14/bae-is-in-the-race-for-the-the-us-ffgx-with-its-type-26-frigate/

>BAE Systems is officially gunning for the U.S. Navy’s new frigate program with its new Type 26 frigate now in production in the U.K.
>Company officials confirmed Thursday it had responded to the U.S. Navy’s request for information and were in talks with unspecified companies in the states about how it would build the ship for the FFG(X) program, according to a BAE official who spoke on background to discuss early developments.
>“In terms of the technical requirements, its a good fit. ... We responded to the RFI and we’re confident its a pretty good fit,” the official said.

Anglofrigate SOON
>>
>>35168068
Would the USA ever use foreign built ships in its navy? The UK does not like doing it.
>>
>>35168068
>Bongs
>US Navy
The only time Bongs did well with selling to the US was with the Canberras and the Hawk trainer. Not gonna happen.
>>
>>35168189
The Harrier too but this is all going back a few years and none applies to ships, likewise the RN has not been buying US warships.
>>
>>35168174
>Would the USA ever use foreign built ships in its navy? The UK does not like doing it.

Do you lack reading comprehension skills?
>>
>>35168068
I thought the Scots were the only ones there that could build a ship, so wouldn't it be celticfrigate
>>
>>35168218
You did not answer my question, do YOU lack reading comprehension skills? I asked if there was a chance the US Navy could adopt the design as well.
>>
>>35168189
Its not the UK selling them, its BAE.

BAE simply responded to a request for a design submission fitting their brief, and are now shilling it to the US because it fits their brief too.
>>
>>35168247

No, you asked if the US could use foreign BUILT warships, not designed. Two very different things.
>>
>>35168174
You borrowed our carriers during ww2, didn't look after them very well either.
>>
>>35168257
>You borrowed our carriers during ww2
Purchased them, you made sure we paid back every last penny too. Merchant you are my greatest ally.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-American_loan#Repayment
>>
>>35168281
I meant the Americans borrowed British carriers.
>>
>>35168174
The design could be license built here in the States.
>>
>>35168174
Built domesticly, foreign license is possible.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.