[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do I never hear about enemy soldiers getting PTSD? How many

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 34

File: ptsd.jpg (19KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
ptsd.jpg
19KB, 700x466px
Why do I never hear about enemy soldiers getting PTSD? How many Iraqis or Afghans have it from fighting against Americans?
>>
>>35167563
Why would we hear about it?
>>
>>35167563
>they're still fighting
Hard to have PTSD without the p
>>
>>35167563
ptsd is what pussies get for getting out of their comfort zone.
>>
>>35167563
They are hardly likely to give public interviews are they?
>>
>>35167563
From the way those fuckers behave EVERYONE has it.
>>
America doesn't like to see the repercussions of their actions so they ignore the poor fuckers they left behind.
>>
If you didnt serve in combat, then you cant have ptsd... discuss.
>>
>>35167600
This
>the shakes, distant eyes, lack of empathy, drug abuse, fucked up appetite
>in a 20 year old man

Afghans are fucked dude. Shits been going on since the early 90s. Generations have been born, raised, and died in an ongoing ethnic civil war. Now that we're involved, shit has just gotten more lethal.
>>
>>35167636
wrong
>>
>>35167636
tumblr cunts get ptsd from comments
>>
>>35167563
Because it's a meme and people don't get shelled in trenches anymore.
>>
>>35167636
First time I shot an AK-47.
>>
>>35167636
Wrong, got PTSD from long term childhood abuse. Probably not as bad as someone who saw their friends get blown up, but I still feel like a broken version of who I used to be and struggle to not kill myself. Also kept me from joining the military like my family has for hundreds of years. It's not on record that I have it but I'm already struggling with what I've got, don't need to enlist and get more PTSD.
>>
File: ar meme cuck 1468388470995.png (200KB, 932x581px) Image search: [Google]
ar meme cuck 1468388470995.png
200KB, 932x581px
>>35167636
>>
>>35167778
what a fucking bitch
enjoy tfw your ancestors have been getting hemmorhoids since they have witnessed what a little faggot you are.
>>
>>35167636
>>35167563
It's cuck code for pavlovian training.

All (combat) soldiers (used to) acquire associations with sounds/sensations/stimuli.
The difference between those who got shell shock and those who didn't, is that those who got it had a coward's response to stimuli.
>>
>>35167563
Well, I've taught their refugee children and wew lad, good luck to society when they settle into a safe place long enough to begin unpacking the shit that is their childhood. Refugee kids are a ticking time bomb.
>>
>>35167576
Why would we care?
ftfy
>>
File: IMG_0140.jpg (36KB, 319x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0140.jpg
36KB, 319x500px
They do get PTSD, it's just not talked about as much. Plus, those countries are still in the shit so it's an ongoing thing.

If you want a different cultural take on it read up on North Vietnamese war memoirs. Virtually no PAVN/VC vets will admit to having PTSD officially, but many were very much adversely affected by the war. I've only read a few books from the PAVN perspective, but what surprised me is that they're pretty damn depressing.
>>
They don't live long enough to get it
>>
>>35167898
>it's like other meme fictionalizations
What a wonderful quote for a front cover.
>>
>>35167563
>Why do I never hear about enemy soldiers getting PTSD?

who the fuck cares about enemy soldiers

we don't provide mental health services to the enemy so how the fuck would we know and why the fuck should we care

what the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>35167932
If it really exists, then we would expect the enemy to have it just as often as Americans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture-bound_syndrome
>>
>>35167563
Look up interviews with NVA Vietnam vets. Some of them got really fucked up
>living in a dirt hole for months on end
>you could get roasted alive at any time by American napalm bombers
>only reliable source of food was by killing American or ARVNs and taking their rations
>if you get shot you're probably going to die, no evacuation or aid station behind the lines
I respect the gooks
>>
>>35167877
Literally in this case.
>>
That would require those countries to have functional psychological and medical infrastructures, which they don't have. I seriously doubt the poor goatfarmers who take shots at coalition forces from a mile away can afford the premium even if it was available. You need modern medical expertise to properly diagnose such things, and expertise they don't have.

>>35167796
>>35167839
kys
>>
>>35167563
>Why do I never hear about enemy soldiers getting PTSD

Because most of them are dead.
>>
File: statist faggot dies.jpg (450KB, 800x2627px) Image search: [Google]
statist faggot dies.jpg
450KB, 800x2627px
>>35168067
>reasoned statement explaining why ptsd is a meme
>shitpost reply in reponse
Thank...
>>
>>35167636
If anything, ptsd is overdiagnosed in vets and underdiagnosed in civilians.
>>
>>35167979
how many fucking psychiatrists do you think the fucking taliban retain you fucking mongoloid
>>
>>35168084
there was nothing reasoned about your response. you're a fucking idiot. kill. your. self.
>>
>>35168135
Not many, but what about all the other countries America has fought? I don't hear about many German, Japanese, Italian, or Thai soldiers from WW2 having it.
>>
File: stock-photo-167555175.jpg (393KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
stock-photo-167555175.jpg
393KB, 2000x1333px
>>35168147
See: >>35167839
>>
File: AudieMurphy-portait.jpg (56KB, 393x480px) Image search: [Google]
AudieMurphy-portait.jpg
56KB, 393x480px
>>35167839
>>35167589
Audie Murphy had PTSD you ignorant nigger.
>>
>>35167563
PTSD is just an excuse faggots use when they couldn't perform the job they signed up for.
>>
>>35167563
Did you ever think about how you'd ever hear from our adversaries?
>>
>>35167796

Says the little babied suburban faggot behind his keyboard
>>
>>35168175
poorly hashed out garbage written by a borderline nigger iq fuckpig is not reasoned. it's fucking stupid. you're fucking stupid. trite just-so renditions of simplistic concepts you barely even understand do not make you smart. stop with the pretensions to intellect and just fuck off already you basement dwelling know-nothing fucktard.
>>
>>35168198
They get interviewed in documentaries all the time.
>>
>>35168184

Wow... Someone quick take away all the medals people earned in WW2 and Vietnam because they came back messed up in the head.

Obviously this CallofDuty playing fag knows his response to actual combat
>>
>>35168226

And they show all the signs and symptoms of PTSD... What do you think PTSD is? Some cartoony depiciton of a man crying going insane like your street corner mama?>>35168227
>>
>>35167563
Why the fuck should we care? Bad shit, at this point, is now second nature to them.
>>
>>35168171
what the fuck do you think shell-shock was.
>>
>>35168217
The point I am making is that it is normal to expect a person to have heightened response to dangerous stimuli. It is reasonable for a person to have increased flinching, heart rate, and adrenaline due to a loud noise (or other stimuli reasonably comparable to stimuli present in combat) in comparison to the average person.
That would be an example of Pavlovian training in the soldier that didn't react like a coward.

The person with shell-shock/ptsd has recieved pavlovian training that reinforced their cowardice. Instead of responding to stimuli in a way that would aid them in dealing with the threat associated with the stimuli, they give into their cowardice and give up/cower/etc.

Are you sure you are not a double retarded double nigger?
>>
>>35168227
Medals are often given out to soldiers who didn't really earn them. Dugout Doug got the Medal of Honor for retreating from Flipland.
>>35168256
There's still controversy among historians as to what exactly it was. It sounds a lot like PTSD, but some of the cases involved patients with really weird symptoms such that we don't really know what it was.
>>
>>35168272
the point i am making is you have no fucking idea what you are talking about

you've never even been in a fist fight

fuck off.
>>
>>35168284
I see you fit into the second category that I described.
You have properly responded, as it is indeed something shameful.
>>
I was in the leaf army for a year and a half. I didn't do shit, didn't go anywhere, and sure as fuck don't have PTSD, but from all the Afghanistan vets I met, people deal with it differently. I've met people who will cheerily talk about the piles of bodies they saw in Bosnia, and arty guys who took fire once who are so paranoid they don't like you standing behind them. It really depends on how the person deals with extreme stress and if it breaks them or not.
>>
>>35168292
you're not a psychologist, psychiatrist, therapist or anything at all. you barely have formal education. you're a fedora wearing faggot running your mouth off about something you know nothing about.

go back to your futa.
>>
>>35168272
>coward
There's that word again. >>35168178
>>
>>35168309
>you're not a psychologist
Neither are the vast majority of psychologists.
(implied pseudoscience.png)

>psychiatrist
pseudoscience.png

>therapist
pseudoscience.png

>you're a fedora wearing faggot running your mouth off about something you know nothing about.
But you already asserted that I wasn't a psychologist...

>>35168311
>muh false dichotomy
wew
>>
>>35167636
>post TRAUMATIC STRESS disorder
literally right there in the name, can be the result of any traumatic stress. What youre thinking of is Shell Shock, which is a type of ptsd you can only get in combat
>inb4 she'll shock isn't an official term
It should be. PTSD from combat seems to be an entirely different animal than anything you can get in civilian life.
>>
Depending on how it happens, fighting an insurgency's gonna leave a lot more PTSD than being part of the insurgency
>>
>>35168367
nani?
>>
>>35168335
so you admit to no formal education.

cowardice is why you're sitting alone at home right now. it's not why people get ptsd. enjoy your head cannon.
>>
>>35168335
>Audie Murphy was a coward
I learn something knew every day.
>>
>>35167584
From a psych perspective SPBP.

For the most part ptsd is explained as an unhealthy adaptation to a traumatic event. If the source of trauma is still there, it's hard to call things like hypervigilance and aggression unhealthy, seeing as they could help keep you alive.
>>
>>35168435
>knew
Fug.
>>
File: costanza.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
costanza.webm
1MB, 640x480px
>>35168390
>so you admit to no formal education.
nope.

>cowardice is why you're sitting alone at home right now.
I'm sitting at home because it's summer any my school starts late.
Also, are you seriously implying that there are no reasons for a lack of military (combat) service other than cowardice?

>it's not why people get ptsd
Explain why the same stimuli causes different people exposed to the same pavlovian training have different responses. Could it be that those with ptsd are just those who respond to associated stimuli like cowards? It's almost like those that respond in ways appropriate for dealing with the associated stimuli aren't said to have ptsd... Kinda weird, isn't it?

>>35168435
See: >>35168335, and then try to think for more than 0.2 seconds.
>>
>>35168272
>t. someone who just took psych 101
>>
>>35167589
First Responders for Civilians get ptsd too. Next time you're in an ambulance, don't forget to mention their pussies.
>>
>>35168484
But anon, why would I waste my time on a course whose subject is primarily non-repeatable trash that is at best pseudoscience?
The only legitimate form of psychology that I can think of is evolutionary psychology.
>>
>>35168480
It's pretty much a given that everything is a combination of nature and nurture, meaning that two people will have a different reaction to the same stimuli. Taking a purely behaviorist perspective to anything is fucking retarded.

And it's been pointed out several times that the key word in PTSD is "post." Most of the time the behaviors that are being treated in trauma/dissociative disorders aren't exactly mal-adaptive at the time the trauma is being experienced, but become unhealthy when the trauma is gone but the behavior still persists, whether that behavior is ducking when you hear a whistling sound or dissociating when seeing something that reminds the patient of abuse they may have experienced.
>>
>>35167600
This is the correct answer. I'd argue that centuries of Islamic violence have hardwired it into their culture.
>>
>>35168546
So you're saying we need a recruitment drive for twins?
>>
>>35168502
>what is physiopsych
>what is behavioral psych

Just because SJW's have infected far too much of the field doesn't mean there isn't useful research being done, fucktard.
>>
>>35168480
>summer and my school starts late

high school isn't generally counted as formal education, unless you're a hillbilly.

>Also, are you seriously implying that there are no reasons for a lack of military (combat) service other than cowardice?

no i'm implying you're a little bitch.

>It's almost like those that respond in ways appropriate for dealing with the associated stimuli aren't said to have ptsd... Kinda weird, isn't it?

what the fuck is this supreme gentleman nonsense? what the fuck is the appropriate way? fighting and killing the enemy is the appropriate way, and yet fighters and killers still get ptsd. you're a fucking retard.

>and then try to think for more than 0.2 seconds.

you flat out said that only cowards get ptsd. therefore murphy is a coward.

how the fuck you're defining 'cowardice' is anyone's guess. it appears to be 'anyone who gets ptsd'. irrespective of their actions. so being the incredible intellectual you are, you know someone is a coward because they get ptsd, because you only get ptsd if you're a coward, because only cowards get ptsd. genius.
>>
>>35168572
You'd need both fraternal and identical ones, but yes.

It might be hard to get it past an ethics board.
>>
>>35168577
>hurr people don't call colleges/universities schools.
Really activated my almonds with that argument.

>no i'm implying you're a little bitch.
Can you explain how I am a little bitch in a way that doesn't imply that there are no reasons for a lack of military (combat) service other than cowardice?

>what the fuck is this supreme gentleman nonsense?
Ooga booga, niggas be clangin rocks. Make some lads jumpy and alert to deal with clang. Make some lads cower like a coward.

>what the fuck is the appropriate way?
Increased heart rate, adrenaline, maybe protective flinch, scanning, maybe some anger, etc. Yeah yeah, I get that shell shock isn't ptsd, but in modern lexicon is basically is.

>fighting and killing the enemy is the appropriate way,
Yes.

>you flat out said that only cowards get ptsd.
I said that those with shell shock responded with cowardice, while those with the same learned association without shell shock did not respond with cowardice.

>how the fuck you're defining 'cowardice' is anyone's guess.
Giving up and shutting down in response to a threat.

>[shitposting]... genius.
Implying that cowardice and being a coward are the same thing. The distinction is subtle, but important.

>>35168584
Fuck them, they're the pussies that say we can't drown monkeys with momma milk puppets.
>>
File: 1491092848922.png (11KB, 694x448px) Image search: [Google]
1491092848922.png
11KB, 694x448px
>>35167563
why does someone i know who was a navy ship engine mechanic placed in the arms room have 100% and i as an a 11b who saw a lot of fucked up shit have none?
>>
File: 1487700073020.jpg (35KB, 604x340px) Image search: [Google]
1487700073020.jpg
35KB, 604x340px
>>35168655
I'm guessing you're either still in high school, or in a major where unironic autism runs rampant.

Either way you probably aren't old enough to drink, most likely have likely never even held a gun, and certainly have never served in the military.
>>
>>35168725
>in a major where unironic autism runs rampant.
Yes.

>Either way you probably aren't old enough to drink
Yes.

>most likely have likely never even held a gun
No. (and irrelevant)

>certainly have never served in the military.
Yep. See point one.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1504979884035.jpg (42KB, 559x768px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1504979884035.jpg
42KB, 559x768px
>>35167789
>tfw no Atomic AR
>>
>>35168754
I mean, the term "autist" really is thrown around a lot on 4chan, but you type like someone who is autistic, and hasn't picked up all the other weird quirks engineers, mathematicians and CS guys pick up that make it even more unbearable to read.
>>
>>35168655
>Can you explain how I am a little bitch in a way that doesn't imply that there are no reasons for a lack of military (combat) service other than cowardice?

you're a basement dwelling faggot that's never been in a fist fight calling other people cowards.

>Ooga booga, niggas be clangin rocks. Make some lads jumpy and alert to deal with clang. Make some lads cower like a coward.

using terms you've seen while browsing wikipedia doesn't mean you're smart.

>Increased heart rate, adrenaline, maybe protective flinch, scanning, maybe some anger, etc.

you mean, common symptoms of ptsd? make up your fucking mind.

>Yes.

people who do this still get ptsd

>I said that those with shell shock responded with cowardice, while those with the same learned association without shell shock did not respond with cowardice.

it's obvious you've never even looked into what ptsd is

>Giving up and shutting down in response to a threat.

murphy gave up and shut down in response to a threat?

so did this guy?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/world-war-two/11983763/There-was-no-help-for-PTSD-when-I-left-the-Army-in-1945-but-we-still-dont-do-enough-for-our-veterans-today.html

>Implying that cowardice and being a coward are the same thing. The distinction is subtle, but important.

no, you're an idiot. you don't realize how stupid you are. you've trapped yourself in a circular definition and don't even realize it.
>>
>>35168084
Careful with that edge
>>
>>35168655
>Giving up and shutting down in response to a threat.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learned_helplessness
>>
>>35168794
It's almost like I'm an autist going to school for engineering.

>>35168807
>you're a basement dwelling faggot that's never been in a fist fight calling other people cowards.
>You never did X, therefore comments on tangentially related topic Y should be disregarded.
You're starting to convince me there you're just pretending to be retarded.

>using terms you've seen while browsing wikipedia doesn't mean you're smart.
It's called language and communication. Would you prefer I type phonetically or with latin-tier complexity?

>no, you're an idiot. you don't realize how stupid you are. you've trapped yourself in a circular definition and don't even realize it.
>I unironically believe that anyone who has ever used a paintbrush is a painter.
I am now fully convinced you're pretending.
>>
>>35167877
Stories ?
>>
>>35167563
i don't have any traumatic stress disorder content, someone else post it
>>
>>35167563
Because enemy troops in our recent wars generally haven't survived contact with our military. They either have an uneventful career as an insurgent oppressing villagers or they encounter our troops/aircraft and die.

The reason our military has so much PTSD these days is that our guys are surviving extended periods in combat and/or horrible injuries in ways that soldiers in earlier wars seldom did.
>>
>>35168339
It seems to be, much like the shell shock of WWI, that there are many soldiers right now that actually have TBIs, rather than PTSD, but docs get leaned on because it's cheaper for the VA to treatcPTSD than compensate a TBI
>>
I'm iffy on my ye olde terminology.
Was battle fatigue literally battle fatigue and low moral, or was there more to it than that?
>>
>>35168272
You have a very misinformed view of what PTSD entails. It certainly isn't just responding to loud noises with cowering and tears.
>>
File: 1492057878879.jpg (38KB, 403x433px) Image search: [Google]
1492057878879.jpg
38KB, 403x433px
>>35168861
So you're pretty much expecting us to believe someone with little to no theory of mind is even somewhat capable of talking somewhat intelligently about how the human mind works. You're quite literally retarded when it comes to discussing the thoughts of other people so you really should just stick to your strengths of trying to build a better mousetrap and organizing things by shape and color.
>>
>>35168861
you don't know what cowardice is, have never faced a physical challenge in your life and you're calling other people who faced death cowards from the safety of your basement.

you don't even know what ptsd is, and you're calling vets who fought and killed people and got it, cowards.

you have no metric to judge people as cowards, other than they got ptsd. because despite the fact that they still fought and killed the enemy, they're still cowards. so demonstrating bravery still means you're a coward, if you got ptsd. so you have no way of defining bravery other than not getting ptsd. so external actions don't matter, only ptsd, and only cowards get it, so anyone with ptsd is a coward, no matter what they did, because they got ptsd because only cowards get ptsd. you fell into a circular definition without even realizing it. yet you're some kind of intellectual engineering student guy. no you're a fool.

and you flat out said that murphy was a coward. you're of course a brave man, sitting at home in your basement, calling psychiatry a psuedoscience, based on your not even completing a non-science degree. charming. braver than murphy apparently.

>I am now fully convinced you're pretending.

i know that you're not, and that's not a compliment.

fuck off back to /pol/ where you belong.
>>
>>35168724
because navy doctors are right there on the ship and navy personnel report EVERYTHING that happens to them to the point that it's completely ridiculous the amount of medical records navy have compared to other branches. if they have a nightmare and get depressed and ask for a day of medical leave 40 different times, that counts as more evidence to the VA than a guy on the front lines who doesn't even have the chance to report an incident and doesn't want to drive an hour, wait two hours at the VA, go through the process of waiting for confirmation that he/she was present during this incident for four months while dealing with nightmares and depression, to then have to sit and talk about it with a psychologist every month to retain 40% disability and compensation for anti-depressants and proof inability to retain employment due to reoccurring flashbacks during daily life. also the navy is full of people raping each other constantly and sexual trauma counts WAY more than killing because it gets more sympathy from the public and women
>>
>>35168311
>>35168178
Audie Murphy was actually in combat.
A bunch of retards driving down the road, hearing a plink on their door, and then shooting randomly into the mountains for 10 minutes isn't comparable
>>
File: 1411452797229.gif (340KB, 500x381px)
1411452797229.gif
340KB, 500x381px
>>35167563
Because their entire life is one long Vietnam flashback mixed with scenes from the opening of The Terminator and The Wolverines.
>>
>>35168655
Go read up on PTSD kid, it's not what you think either in symptomatology or aetiology
>>
>>35169062
>The Wolverines
Red Dawn, I don't know what I was thinking.
>>
>ITT: Duuuh, psychologists are jewish SJWs, PTSD isn't real! t. babied suburbanite
granted this is t. babied ruralite but fuck, some days the contrarianism for the sake of contrarianism really gets balls-to-the-wall retarded
>>
>>35168995
>you don't know what cowardice is
That is entirely dependent upon what the general conception of cowardice is and how you perceive my description to deviate from that consensus.

>have never faced a physical challenge in your life
You keep just asserting thing. At least when I asserted things, I clarified that it was just my opinion.

>you're calling other people who faced death cowards from the safety of your basement.
Is it wrong to say someone drowned when I'm not wet and/or drowning? No. Your argument is shit.

>[cowardice shitpost]
again, false dichotomy. Acting courageously or without cowardice does not mean one can't be a coward.
So either cowardice is a spectrum or absolute. Either acting with cowardice makes one a coward or repeatedly/consistently acting with cowardice does (One could also look at it as acting primarily with cowardice). No matter what view you take, you're still shitposting.

>and you flat out said that murphy was a coward.
>reading between the lines of the words of an autist
WEW LAD

>fuck off back to /pol/ where you belong.
Nah, board is too fast for me.
>>
File: 1500024164459.gif (1011KB, 276x250px) Image search: [Google]
1500024164459.gif
1011KB, 276x250px
>>35169096
You haven't actually provided any evidence supporting your arguments though, and you're background would show that you have no experience in anything related to either the military or even having a basic understanding of other people.
>>
>>35169174
*your
>>
>>35169096
>That is entirely dependent upon what the general conception of cowardice is and how you perceive my description to deviate from that consensus.

it's pretty obvious you just make shit up and go with it. nothing to do with any consensus at all.

>You keep just asserting thing.

i'm right aren't i

>Is it wrong to say someone drowned when I'm not wet and/or drowning? No. Your argument is shit.

it is when they were hit by a car 10 miles away from any water. basically i'm saying you have not even the first idea of what you are talking about and everything you are saying is wrong.

>Acting courageously or without cowardice does not mean one can't be a coward.

just fucking what

there can be no meaningful definition of bravery with the argument that you have been making, and therefore no meaningful definition of cowardice.

incidentally, you're a total fucking coward.

>WEW LAD

having ptsd make you a coward apparently. murphy is the guy who brought ptsd into the light for america. that means he's a coward by your definition. apparently killing all those krauts was acting as coward under pavlovian stimuli

so, you just called audie murphy a coward, from the safety of your sofa.

you're a goddamn worthless faggot.
>>
File: 1497981771248.gif (2MB, 615x413px) Image search: [Google]
1497981771248.gif
2MB, 615x413px
>>35169243
>hurr I will completly disregard the literal meaning of words because I have asserted you are a coward
WEW

>Hurr, I am implying you are X and that you said Y is X
WEW

Your arguments are shit.
>>
>>35169243
>>35169323
>Your arguments are shit.

To clarify, my arguments might be shit, but they aren't entirely based on calling you a faggot.
>>
>>35169323
you're not accepting the literal definition of words to begin with. i don't think you really understand them in the first instance, and you have no actual idea what ptsd is. you're operating on head cannon. basically, you're just making shit up and think it has authority because you made it up, because... i don't know, your mom loves you or something. personally i don't know how, you're obviously an obnoxious little prick.

>Hurr, I am implying you are X and that you said Y is X

i'm not implying anything, i'm straight up telling you you're a fucking idiot and that your cognition is a mess of bright colors and shiny balloons. you're not smart, your argument is circular, you're too dumb to realize your argument is circular, and you should be ostracized and ridiculed.

>Your arguments are shit.

no you're a fucking idiot. this is something we keep getting back to.
>>
File: 1429572030884.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1429572030884.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>35169417
Have a picture of a doggo. I don't think you can be reasoned with.
>>
>>35169394
>To clarify, my arguments might be shit, but they aren't entirely based on calling you a faggot.

they're entirely based on a teenage stay-at-home autist calling everyone with ptsd a coward, included moh winners, which is why you're getting called a faggot. there is nothing 'might be shit' about them. they are shit. you're a fucking worthless shit. you're not smart and you should feel ashamed.
>>
>>35169444
you've ignored what everyone else here has told you about ptsd, and you're telling me i can't be reasoned with.

being reasonable isn't accepting fucking stupid headcannon from faggots as truth. that's called being your mom. i'm not your mom.
>>
>>35169446
>someone who has shown the ability swim can't drown
yes... Excellent point...
>>
>>35168498
>Next time you're in an ambulance, don't forget to mention their pussies.
That's sexual harassment, and she doesn't have to take it!
>>
File: Blood Mushrooms.png (405KB, 2200x968px) Image search: [Google]
Blood Mushrooms.png
405KB, 2200x968px
>>35168724
Blood Mushrooms.
>>
>>35167789
Full auto Davy Crockett
>>
>>35167563
PTSD is a real phenomenon, but you don't hear about it from poor countries because they have zero mental health facilities or interest in treating mental issues.
>>
>>35167563
Same reason Russians don't get PTSD: depression, drug/alcohol abuse, and wifebeating are still considered normal parts of the national culture and standard life decisions.
>>
>>35169473
no, you're actually saying everyone drowned because they could never swim in the first place.

and that you know this because everyone drowned.

you have no definition of swimming, only 'not-drowning'.

you don't realize this house you've made for yourself.

that is how fucking stupid you are.
>>
>>35169649
>no, you're actually saying everyone drowned because they could never swim in the first place.
I'm saying that having your lungs fill with water is drowning. I have made no comment on those who have drowned.

>and that you know this because everyone drowned.
It should be fairly obvious that above the age of 1 minute, water in your lungs is a sign of drowning.

>you have no definition of swimming
I don't need them for my argument.

>only 'not-drowning'.
Correct.

>you don't realize this house you've made for yourself.
Perhaps I do, and you just can't see that the foundation and structure are sound no matter how hard you huff and puff.

>that is how fucking stupid you are.
It's over anonkin. I have the high ground.
>>
>>35167796
I didn't choose to have PTSD. I denied it like hell and fought it and told myself I was fine. I didn't make shit up for sympathy. It's just the shit card I was dealt. I had the shit beaten out of me on a regular basis by my retarded hulk of a brother for most of my childhood. He was 6 years older than me and there was nothing I could do, nobody helped me. Being a helpless victim of repeated physical abuse at a young age really fucks you up. Must make you feel really tough to sit behind a computer and talk shit about me though. You don't know the feeling of relief you get putting a loaded gun in your mouth, and the frustration when you can't do it. You don't know what it's like to live the life you live, but also deal with what I deal with. I carry on like normal, but I have it harder because of what I went through. You're the faggot for mocking someone who does the same shit you do but has to put in twice the effort. Your ancestors went through what I go through, so you can sit back comfortably and mock us for weakness. You're a cunt.
>>
>>35169734
>I don't need them for my argument.

you do when you use swimming in your argument you fucking idiot.

>>35169473
>someone who has shown the ability swim can't drown

>It's over anonkin. I have the high ground.

just fuck off already you worthless child.
>>
>>35169799
>you do when you use swimming in your argument you fucking idiot.
You introduced swimming and having drowned, my argument only requires the presence of water for the comparison between those who are wet and not drowning and those who are wet and drowning.

Again, literal meaning of words.
>>
>>35169832
literally over your head. and you're the fucking idiot who decided to use drowning as an analogy, and then introduced swimming.

seriously, what the fuck is wrong is wrong with you?
>>
>>35169860
I was the first person to literally use the word swim, yes. However, from the standpoint of the analogy, I was not the person to introduce swimming.
Seeing as how we're using the analogy rn, you're wrong.
>>
>>35169904
>However, from the standpoint of the analogy, I was not the person to introduce swimming.

>first person to use swim
>not the first person to introduce swimming

fucks sake

>Seeing as how we're using the analogy rn, you're wrong.

this makes no sense to anyone other than you.
>>
>>35168272
Wow, a faggot and a retard?

If you were black you'd be thrice blessed.
>>
>>35169921
>frame argument via analogy
>according to the analogy you are arguing that X
>my argument doesn't require X, and I didn't make a claim regarding X.

>Hurr, you said X first.

Could be wrong, but this is my understanding.
>>
>>35169938
i never mentioned swimming at all. i never even implied it. you live in a fantasy world.

>Could be wrong,

literally everything you've said is wrong

>but this is my understanding.

it's quite obvious that your understanding is worthless.
>>
>>35169394
You haven't experienced life threatening trauma. You have no idea what it's like. You use your pseudo intellectual half understandings of 19th century science to pass judgement on people who have literally fought for their own survival and suffer from complex issues. If the extent of your knowledge of psychology is fucking pavlov and half baked analogies, you have no license to dismiss fields filled with experts as pseudo science. You are an inexperienced, stupid arrogant kid arguing against the experience of experts and combat veterans on PTSD. This is the biggest problem with our world today. We have a bunch of self important fucks weighing in on issues they have no place talking about. Your opinions do not matter. All you are doing is insulting incredibly intelligent and hard working scientists, as well as men who have fought and died for everything you benefit from. Stop being a disrespectful little shit who thinks other people should have to suffer your uninformed arrogant bullshit.
>>
>>35169970
ok let me put it another way:

You: Y
Me: According to analogy Y would be X
Me: I never made a claim regarding X. My argument doesn't require X.
Me: You introduced X.
You: You said X first.
Me: you fucking faggot, REEEEEEEEEE THE ANALOGY IS A FUCKING ANALOGY
>>
>>35170000
>you have no license to dismiss fields filled with experts as pseudo science.
Anon, psychology considers a sample size of five individuals and two trails to be substantial enough for publication.
Modern psychology is pseudoscience. Mythbusters is more scientific than psychology is. Let that sink in.
>>
>>35170000
Also your argument is literally the same as:
Hurr let's see you make a movie faggot. How dare you critique movie X, you've never been part of making a movie. Your comments and critique are meaningless because because.
>>
>>35169793
i feel you anon, i was just practicing my shitposts.
confirmed legit terrible times you must have went through, and i must admit i have had it rather easy.
i have never actually talked to someone thats admitted to what you have just said, and for that i thank you.
don't ever pull that trigger anon, there is always a better solution.
>>
Isn't most combat-related PTSD due to surviving attacks where others were injured or killed? I think that it's pretty much like 80% of combat-related PTSD is linked to seeing serious gore or dead bodies, particularly those you care about or are prone to care about (women, children)
>>
>>35170007
>ok let me put it another way:

you introduced drowning and swimming first. you have the cognition of a child.

my original reply to your childish drowning metaphor did not require swimming at all. i even explained my reply, when i replied to you.

i mean you also said:
>>35169832
>You introduced swimming and having drowned

this is basically a flat out fucking lie

some fucking how, despite the fact that you introduced both these concepts into the thread, i introduced them first? how can you hold that much spaghetti?

your facile little attempt at babby's first logic paper isn't even correct. it's self-serving bullshit and you obviously didn't even check the message thread or my replies to you.

let me put this another way

you're a worthless fuck and these people are right:
>>35170000
>>35169174
>>35169069
>>35168962
>>35168242
>>35168969
>>
File: John_Rambo.jpg (810KB, 1863x2810px) Image search: [Google]
John_Rambo.jpg
810KB, 1863x2810px
>>35170136
Shoe shine mister?
>>
>>35170072
your argument is literally the same as
>make shit up
>throw some letters in there to convince people i am smart
>miss the point
>lie
>do it again
>touch myself

there is nothing good about you or what you do
>>
>>35167563
>Why do I never hear about enemy soldiers getting PTSD?

They're just considered fucked in the dome. There is no DSM in Iraqi medicine AFAIK
>>
>>35170163
>you introduced drowning and swimming first.
Yes, I literally introduced those words. But if you think in terms of concepts (almost like it's a analogy..), then you introduced them first...

>this is basically a flat out fucking lie
Prove it. And read the text above instead of being a faggot.
>>
>>35170000
Why do they consider that an acceptable sample size? Do you have any experience or qualification in that field? Mythbusters and psychology are wildly different sciences. There are huge differences in testing what bullets thrown into a fire will do, and attempting to understand extremely complex human behaviors occurring in the brain, which we only barely understand the function of. Psychologists are dedicated to understanding the human mind, you are dedicated to making yourself feel superior to people who have accomplished far more than you ever will.
>35170072
No my argument is that you have no understanding, experience or basis behind your arguments other than shitty references to simplistic 200 year old theories. You can't argue science if you don't have a serious understanding of what you're talking about. Your critiques are meaningless because you don't offer any meaningful critiques. Any retard can say someone should do something better or do more of something. You're argument is that people should listen to you bitch about their work because your opinion is valid. Nobody gives half a fuck what you have to say. People like you are a dime a dozen. You people down. You tell them they are wrong, that they aren't doing enough, but you yourself contribute nothing. You only do what you do to make yourself feel superior. Do something productive, prove people wrong with results. If you can't do that, sit the fuck down, and shut the fuck up.
>>
>>35170195
You've never shitposted. A poor cuck had to waste a few years of his life and a couple hundred bucks inorder for you to shitpost here. Have you ever been a cuck or run a website? How dare you accuse others of shitposting, you haven't been through what others have been through.
Now I can disregard your comments because basic human thought is too difficult for me.

(I'm pretending to be you to show you how much of a retarded faggot you are)
>>
>>35170218
meant to reply to
>>35170043
>>35170072
>>
>>35170207
>But if you think in terms of concepts (almost like it's a analogy..), then you introduced them first...

no, no i didn't.

>Prove it. And read the text above instead of being a faggot.

you proved it, when you admitted you used them first...
>>
>>35170230
Replying to the wrong person. Not surprising considering you're enough of an arrogant fuck to piss off everyone in this goddamn thread.
>>
>>35170218
if you read the entire thread, the little nigger doesn't even know what ptsd is. it's kinda funny.
>>
PTSD is just what soldiers call the fact that they're easily triggered.
>>
>>35170218
>Why do they consider that an acceptable sample size?
Because their standards for publication, peer review, and what is legitimate are absurdly low. It's why I call psychology pseudoscience.

>Do you have any experience or qualification in that field?
Nope.

>Mythbusters and psychology are wildly different sciences.
And both are memes that are typically only tangentially related to science.

>There are huge differences in testing what bullets thrown into a fire will do, and attempting to understand extremely complex human behaviors occurring in the brain
Not when mythbusters uses 10 bullets and psychologists use 6 people.

>Psychologists are dedicated to understanding the human mind
>Muh noble scientist
Do you seriously believe that?

>you are dedicated to making yourself feel superior to people who have accomplished far more than you ever will.
If I was shitting on anthropology would you say the same thing? Their accomplishments are inconsistent and non-repeatable (for the most part). I am shitting on wastes of resources.

>No my argument is that you have no understanding, experience or basis behind your arguments
I don't think you were making that argument. That may have been your intent, but I am pretty sure that wasn't your argument. If I'm not mistaken your argument was some faggoty appeal to authority.

>You can't argue science if you don't have a serious understanding of what you're talking about.
But I thought psychologists made serious accomplishments.

>shitposting/projecting
Sure thing bucko. You've got me nailed. Wew, that sure was easier than actually having an argument, huh?

>Do something productive, prove people wrong with results. If you can't do that, sit the fuck down, and shut the fuck up.
Tell that to psychologists, not me. We're both saying the same thing.
>>
>>35170248
You understand that introducing a word and introducing a concept that a word represents in an analogy are two different things, right?
>>
>>35170395
you understand that introducing drowning in regards to recognizing cowardice is an analogy, don't you?
>>
>>35170408
Yes, and you recognize that cowardice doesn't inherently make a person a coward? And that an act of courage does not prohibit a person from exhibiting cowardice or being a coward?
>>
>>35170439
>Yes

right. so admit you're a fucking liar here:
>>35169832

that means you introduced drowning as an analogy first, swimming as well, so withdraw all your posts here
>>35169860
>>35169904
>>35170207

it's almost like you can't remember the shit you just posted.

it's almost like you don't know what words mean.
>>
>>35170500
>so admit you're a fucking liar here:
I don't believe that to be the case.

>withdraw all your posts here
I refuse.

This is simply a disagreement between the introduction of the concept represented by the analogy and the introduction of the concept into the analogy.

>it's almost like you can't remember the shit you just posted.
Almost.

>it's almost like you don't know what words mean.
Almost.
>>
>>35170390
>Their standards are low
Or maybe that's just the standard that is required, but as you admitted you have no experience or qualification.
>mythbusters uses 10 bullets and psychologists use 6 people.
It's almost as if different studies require differing sample sizes! Also how can you simultaneously complain that psychology is a waste of resources while saying they need to use more resources and conduct more research? Probably because these are all arbitrary criticisms based on your public high school science education.
>Do you seriously believe that... psychologists are dedicated to understanding the human mind
What the fuck else are they doing? Trying to extract DMT and sell it to the reptillians?
>If I was shitting on anthropology would you say the same thing? Their accomplishments are inconsistent and non-repeatable.
Yes, because to attempt to achieve is how we achieve things. You're the only waste of resources, as all you do is criticize without any meaningful contributions.
>appeal to authority
An appeal to authority is to say that someone is right because they are in a position of authority. I'm saying they're right because they actually back up their claims and get results, unlike you.
>Psychologist aren't getting results
Huh like cognitive processing therapy? A treatment for people with PTSD that shows improvement in 70% of patients, and 33% who undergo this treatment are no longer considered to have PTSD? Does that count? Or is that pseudoscience too?

Your entire argument is that if people can't meet your simplistic repeatable mythbusters science fair repeatability that it isn't "real" science, so they shouldn't even try. We should just give on up on people with debilitating mental illness, because it's not simple enough for you. Pavlov though, you can understand that, so that's what you stick with.You're just another pseudo intellectual more concerned with being right than progress.
>>
>>35170439
>and you recognize that cowardice doesn't inherently make a person a coward?

fucking hell, your argument this entire thread is that people who get ptsd only do so because they're cowards. you've left yourself no way to define bravery via any external metric, so you have no metric to define cowardice (the opposite of bravery), so the only way you can define cowardice is by people getting ptsd, because only people who get ptsd are cowards, because you, AND YOU ALONE, have defined ptsd as something that only cowards can get. even if they do everything you've defined as brave (fight back, kill the enemy) and even win the moh, they're still cowards!

having no external metric by which you can judge cowardice or bravery other than ptsd or the lack of, you're now saying that you can be a coward but lack inherent cowardice, a concept that is by your own position something that can't be defined, and being inherent actually requires you to be able to look into a man's soul with the eyes of god. AND YOU'RE CALLING PSYCHIATRY A PSEUDO SCIENCE.

HOW THE FUCK COULD YOU EVEN TEST THIS HYPOTHESIS? GIVEN THAT THIS IS AN UNTESTABLE HYPOTHESIS, HOW COULD YOU EVEN CONDUCT THE EXPERIMENTS TO DETERMINE WHETHER OR NOT THIS WAS THE CAUSE OF PTSD? YOU COULDN'T. SO WERE DID YOU GET THE INFORMATION THAT PTSD IS BECAUSE OF COWARDICE?

nowhere. so just admit now you're making shit up sitting at home with a dragon dildo up your ass.

what the fuck is wrong with you.
>>
>>35170527
>I don't believe that to be the case.

so you introduced those concepts first, then you accused me of introducing those concepts first, and then admit that you did it. but you're not lying? did you not know that you posted those posts? the devil made you do it?

>This is simply a disagreement between the introduction of the concept represented by the analogy and the introduction of the concept into the analogy.

this is you getting your shit handed to you on the internet, bitch. get used to it.
>>
>>35170554
>It's almost as if different studies require differing sample sizes
not really. Let's take agricultural science. One doesn't use 6 trees to draw sweeping conclusions regarding growth patterns of roots. Psychology is just pseudoscience.

>Also how can you simultaneously complain that psychology is a waste of resources while saying they need to use more resources and conduct more research?
Because it is a waste of resources because it is pseudoscience, and it is pseudoscience because psychologists refuse to conduct proper science.

>Probably because these are all arbitrary criticisms based on your public high school science education.
No, there is not an objective minimum sample size for a study to be legitimate, but you wont find a single competent person who believe a sample size under 10 is anywhere close to being close to scientific.

>What the fuck else are they doing?
Collecting a paycheck from tax payers to waste resources.
>Trying to extract DMT and sell it to the reptillians?
Performing pseudoscience.

>Yes, because to attempt to achieve is how we achieve things.
But if it isn't repeatable or consistent, and you publish it anyway, you can't call it a scientific accomplishment. If you perform a study and filter your data to support your conclusion, you can't call it science. Psychology is pseudoscience.

>You're the only waste of resources, as all you do is criticize without any meaningful contributions.
"there people are faggots who are wasting resources and pretending to be scientific" "REEEEE NO YOU"

>I'm saying they're right because they actually back up their claims and get results, unlike you.
And I'm saying their results are bogus because their criteria for evidence is so low that my opinion is equally valid.

>Does that count?
Maybe.

>Or is that pseudoscience too?
The psychology behind it almost certainly is, but the trials performed using the method might not be.

>repeatable
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
if it isn't repeatable, it isn't science.
>>
>>35170648
>fucking hell, your argument this entire thread is that people who get ptsd only do so because they're cowards.
That is certainly what you keep asserting to be my argument... You could try looking at my argument instead. You can find it here: >>35168272

>shitpost
You can see my comments on defining coward here:>>35169096

>shitpost continued
see above

>AND YOU'RE CALLING PSYCHIATRY A PSEUDO SCIENCE
Yes.

>GIVEN THAT THIS IS AN UNTESTABLE HYPOTHESIS, HOW COULD YOU EVEN CONDUCT THE EXPERIMENTS TO DETERMINE WHETHER OR NOT THIS WAS THE CAUSE OF PTSD?
I never said that. If chemisty opperated under the same rules that psychology did, then it too would be pseudoscience. But if it operated under psychology rules we would still believe in alchemy. It can be scientifically studied, but the vast majority of psychologists are opposed to properly scientific studies.

>HOW COULD YOU EVEN CONDUCT THE EXPERIMENTS TO DETERMINE WHETHER OR NOT THIS WAS THE CAUSE OF PTSD?
Statistical analysis.

>YOU COULDN'T
Sure you could.

>SO WERE DID YOU GET THE INFORMATION THAT PTSD IS BECAUSE OF COWARDICE?
I didn't.

>what the fuck is wrong with you.
You seem to have some illogical hated of me.
>>
>>35170712
You ignored my example and say that psychology is pseudoscience because of sample sizes and repeatability. I don't care if the people studying the human brain are practicing "real hardcore science". It's a lot more complex of a subject than fucking agriculture. I care about results. Whatever process we use to identify and treat debilitating illnesses like PTSD is working a lot better than the sacred "scientific" method that they apparently aren't following. I honestly don't give a half a fuck about your stupid little cult. The scientific method is your scripture and anything that deviates from it is heresy, regardless of results. I care more about real world results than your autistic need for science. If anything, "real" science is lagging behind psychology, because psychologists are achieving things that your holy scientists with their holy methods can't even explain.
>>
>>35170820
>You ignored my example
I don't know your example well enough to meaningfully comment on it.

>say that psychology is pseudoscience because of sample sizes and repeatability.
I did, and it is.

>I don't care if the people studying the human brain are practicing "real hardcore science".
They are, and they are called neurobiologists. Neurobiologists are not psychologists. They are the ones who are contributing to actual medical progress.

>Whatever process we use to identify and treat debilitating illnesses like PTSD is working a lot better than the sacred "scientific" method that they apparently aren't following.
You mean the scientific method that engages in medical trials to try to find proper treatments for mental illnesses? Or would you rather we just gut a cow, put it's liver in an oil press, and tell you to drink it? That's about as scientific as psychologists. (yes, I am being mildy extreme, but it is ideologically/effectivly comparable to psychology)

>The scientific method is your scripture
Sorta. Perry's is my bible though.

>anything that deviates from it is heresy, regardless of results.
No, it's just luck it if was arrived at randomly and without the aid of statical analysis to reduce the required number of trials to establish correlation.
Any faggot can get lucky using literally any method. The difference is that without proper scientific scrutiny the lucky discovery is simply asserted to be true and valid. That's why I say psychology is pseudoscience. Because it is pseudoscience.

>I care more about real world results
Same. That's why I decided not to be a lab tech.

>If anything, "real" science is lagging behind psychology
Yes, if you purport to be more advanced and mature than you actually are, then ofc other things can seem comparatively less mature and advanced.
>>
>>35170820
>psychologists are achieving things that your holy scientists with their holy methods can't even explain.
Yes, sometimes they get lucky and their blind guesses are right. But the rest of the time their blind guesses are wrong, and they continue to assert that they are right because psychology is pseudoscience that doesn't believe in repeatability.
>>
>>35170788
your entire characterization of ptsd in that post is wrong. you don't even know what ptsd is. you basically just made shit up. made shit up from the comfort of your basement.

your entire argument is bullshit. this is what people have told you this whole thread, and told you why.

all you've done is double down and dig yourself and even deeper hole. you're fucking dumb. that's it.

>You can see my comments on defining coward here

there is nothing in that post that digs you out of this hole. you have created yourself a position where you cannot actually determine whether or not someone is a coward or not. i told you why. you're too dumb to follow along. instead you deny and repeat the same shit ad nauseum.

you're qualifying everything that points out holes in your arguments as shit posts and you have never addressed them. worthless prick.

>I never said that

never said what? you're basing argument on 'inherent cowardice' which is not testable. because you have denied external metrics (cowards can act bravely, brave people can be cowardly) then you need omniscient insight, ie a god figure, to determine actual ptsd-inducing cowardice or not. this is the result of your position. because your definition of ptsd relies on cowardice, and your definition of cowardice relies on god, you personally have no way of knowing whether or not this is true. so you could never have engaged in independent research to determine the cause of ptsd, so you can not ever know whether or not your hypothesis is correct. which means you're just making shit up.

>Statistical analysis.

you're going to peer into a mans soul a statistically relevant number of times?

>I didn't.

so you admit that you made shit up and are talking out your ass based on total fucking ignorance.

>You seem to have some illogical hated of me.

you're oblivious.
>>
>>35170820
let's get something clear, this little fuckpig only has the barest ideas of what the scientific method is.
>>
>>35170950
>You mean the scientific method that engages in medical trials to try to find proper treatments for mental illnesses?

so...how do you think they're treating ptsd then?
>>
>>35170788
>It can be scientifically studied, but the vast majority of psychologists are opposed to properly scientific studies.

Sorry, where did you get this from?
>>
>>35171000
>you cannot actually determine whether or not someone is a coward or not.
Why should I care? It is independent of my argument. It is only relevant to what you assert my argument to be.

>you're basing argument on 'inherent cowardice' which is not testable
Let me spell it all out:
An act of cowardice does not inherently make someone a coward unless one uses an absolute definition for coward.
An act that is courageous or not cowardly does not prohibit a person from acting with cowardice. It does not prohibit a person from being a coward.
A person being a coward does not prohibit them from performing courageous or non-cowardly acts.

Imagine 4 overlapping circles of equal size whose centers form a square. That's the shape of the venn diagram.
Fuck off.

>your definition of cowardice relies on god
Nope.

>you personally have no way of knowing whether or not this is true.
One could just examine the actions of a person and determine whether the actions were those of cowardice. Motivation is irrelevant. Think for a bit. The literal meaning of words are literal.

>you're going to peer into a mans soul a statistically relevant number of times?
I'm going to examine the service records of those that do and do not have diagnosed ptsd, and then see how they react to stimuli. I would imagine there wouldn't be very strong correlation between intensity or frequency of combat stimuli. (note strength =/= pos/neg)
From there one could draw the conclusion that those with ptsd either did or didn't have a predisposition to acts of cowardice when faced with a threat.

>you're oblivious.
Why can't both be true?
>>
>>35171045
>how do you think they're treating ptsd then?
chemically and/or with repeated exposure to the stimuli that a person associates with a threat.

Almost like it's related to pavlov or something.
>>
>>35171135
>Why should I care? It is independent of my argument. It is only relevant to what you assert my argument to be.

this isn't you?
>>35167839
>It's cuck code for pavlovian training.
>All (combat) soldiers (used to) acquire associations with sounds/sensations/stimuli.
>The difference between those who got shell shock and those who didn't, is that those who got it had a coward's response to stimuli.

>>35168272
>The person with shell-shock/ptsd has recieved pavlovian training that reinforced their cowardice. Instead of responding to stimuli in a way that would aid them in dealing with the threat associated with the stimuli, they give into their cowardice and give up/cower/etc.

because i'm pretty sure that's fucking you

you lying again boy?
>>
>>35170950
You're attempting to twist this into a battle of semantics to deflect the fact that your "pavlovian response and cowardice theory" is the most laughable bullshit pseudoscience conceivable. You talk about sample sizes, repeatability and experimentation, then present theories based on rough understandings of 200 year old psychology (which is a pseudoscience according to you) and your own personal judgements of character. You are a pseudo-intellectual hack. You're just like every other vapelord, neckbeard, Rick and Morty fan who "really loves science". You fall back on your pitifully small understanding of science to try and compensate for your stupidity. You twist your assumption based, emotional arguments to make them look logical. You're a complete hack who holds others to standards you don't even come close to in an attempt to legitimize your own egotistical superiority complex.
>>
>>35167636
my roommate got the shit beat out of her by a group of black kids, it was the first attack in a string of incidents that night by this mob

you're saying a frail little white girl getting kicked and punched on her back by a group of niggers is less traumatic than a full grown guy who purposefully enlisted in a hazardous job and getting shot at here and there by sand people without optics? please
>>
>>35171190
>this isn't you?
It is. A cowards response refers only to the action.

>because i'm pretty sure that's fucking you
It is. Would you believe me if I said it was poorly phrased and was intended to mean the actions of cowardice?
I can see how it can be easily interpreted to be counter to the rest of my claims, but that was not my intent. There is another interpretation that is inline with my arguments, you just have to interpret give in as give in to predisposition.
>>
>>35171199
All of these arguments are being made by childish people who idolize soliders. They are denying the reality of PTSD because they want to be a soldier and don't want to believe they could suffer from it. Or, they worship soldiers so they invalidate the trauma other people have experienced. In their mind nobody is braver than a soldier and nobody goes through anything like their heroes do.
>>
>>35167898
I read that book. A girl started reading it over my should right when I got to the part where that guy fucks a cow.
>>
>>35171135
>Let me spell it all out:

no, let me spell it all out:

your position requires cowardice for ptsd

your position has left you no possible way to determine if a person is a coward or not

your position has therefore no possible way of testing whether or not only cowards get ptsd

your position therefore has no way of determining its veracity

your position is therefore pseudoscience

oh fuck nigger, some of us actually know what that term means

>I'm going to examine the service records of those that do and do not have diagnosed ptsd

starting with audie murphy i assume.

if you don't have a working definition of cowardice, how the fuck are you going to find cowardice in service records?

audie murphy had ptsd. by your definition he must absolutely been a coward. so what sort of acts do think, in your little quantative analysis, would indicate he was a coward and reduce his bravery credits? because that's what you're doing, you're trading acts of bravery against acts of cowardice on a balance sheet. naturally you get to define these from the safety of your own basement. without ever holding a gun.

you have admitted you have no idea what causes ptsd though. you realize that yet?
>>
>>35171251
M8 I haven't laughed so hard in months. You're check mating this whiny welfare queen with every post. Doing gods work.
I had a similar endeavor explaining ASPD to an anon years ago
>>
>>35171197
>a battle of semantics
All discussions and arguments with meaning are.

>your "pavlovian response and cowardice theory" is the most laughable bullshit pseudoscience conceivable.
When do I get my nobel nomination? (2014 says it can happen)
(I'm implying that it is right at home with the rest of psychology)

>You talk about sample sizes, repeatability and experimentation, then present theories based on rough understandings of 200 year old psychology (which is a pseudoscience according to you) and your own personal judgements of character.
You mean the foundations of psychology that actually scientific and aren't memes like freud?

>You are a pseudo-intellectual hack.
Don't you dare discount the contributions of citizen scientists. Stop with your appeal to authority trash.

>You are a pseudo-intellectual hack. You're just like every other vapelord, neckbeard, Rick and Morty fan who "really loves science".
Except I have an IQ way above 85...

>You fall back on your pitifully small understanding of science to try and compensate for your stupidity.
You mean foundational knowledge that is core to most legitimate claims?

>assumption based
100% accurate, not even gonna deny. My entire argument is an assertion, but it is a reasonable assertion that falls inline with non-pseudoscience psychology.

>You're a complete hack who holds others to standards you don't even come close to in an attempt to legitimize your own egotistical superiority complex.
Am I performing a study right now? I don't believe I am.
>>
File: 41g4dAaTlJL.jpg (29KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
41g4dAaTlJL.jpg
29KB, 333x500px
>>35167563
It happened to the Vietnamese. Book related.
>>
>>35171326
>your position requires cowardice for ptsd
Yes. Although it was in regards to ptsd/shell-shock, but it got shortened along the way.

>your position has left you no possible way to determine if a person is a coward or not
I don't need to.

>your position has therefore no possible way of testing whether or not only cowards get ptsd
Wasn't my claim. fuck off.

>your position therefore has no way of determining its veracity
Sure it does. Those that perform actions of cowardice due to associated stimuli are probably predisposed to acts of cowardice. It's certainly falsifiable.

>your position is therefore pseudoscience
Nope. If I took say cherrypicked my data and used a small sample size instead of the dozens of thousands as I am proposing, then it would be pseudoscience.

>oh fuck nigger, some of us actually know what that term means
If only we all did...

>audie murphy had ptsd. by your definition he must absolutely been a coward
not my argument, stop strawmanning you niggerfaggot.

>you're trading acts of bravery against acts of cowardice on a balance sheet.
not my argument, stop strawmanning you niggerfaggot.

>naturally you get to define these from the safety of your own basement. without ever holding a gun.
not my argument, stop ad hominem'ing you niggerfaggot.

>you have admitted you have no idea what causes ptsd though.
Don't need to. My argument was an assertion/explanation as to why/how. I don't need to be right.

>you realize that yet?
Yeah.
>>
>>35171251
>It is. Would you believe me if I said it was poorly phrased and was intended to mean the actions of cowardice?

no, i wouldn't, because you're a disingenious little cunt. this guy sums you up well
>>35171197

>was intended to mean the actions of cowardice?

no again i wouldn't because you also said stated that inherent cowardice is what mattered, which negates all external actions, and makes them false. leading you into the position where you cannot possibly define either cowardice or bravery from empirical observation. and is such untestable.
>>
File: war never changes.jpg (136KB, 930x1060px) Image search: [Google]
war never changes.jpg
136KB, 930x1060px
>>35167589
t. armchair general
>>
File: 1450207001290s.jpg (3KB, 122x124px) Image search: [Google]
1450207001290s.jpg
3KB, 122x124px
>>35171423
>audie murphy had ptsd. by your definition he must absolutely been a coward
not my argument, stop strawmanning you niggerfaggot
>The difference between those who got shell shock and those who didn't, is that those who got it had a coward's response to stimuli.
Hmmm.
>>
>>35171445
>you also said stated that inherent cowardice is what mattered
Citation needed.
>>
>>35171342
>You mean the foundations of psychology that actually scientific and aren't memes like freud?

no dickhead, he's saying you're basing your arguments on 200 year old bullshit, not sample sizes and repeatabililty. is english not your first language?
>>
File: 1502663284255.gif (480KB, 493x342px) Image search: [Google]
1502663284255.gif
480KB, 493x342px
>35171456
>>
>>35171455
See: >>35171135 , specifically the 4 circle venn diagram
>>
>>35171467
>he's saying you're basing your arguments on 200 year old [scientifically valid foundational knowledge]
So you're saying that I'm one step better than most modern psychologists?
>>
>>35171342
>but it is a reasonable assertion that falls inline with non-pseudoscience psychology.

that ptsd is the result of cowardly actions by inherent cowards is inline with non-pseudoscience psychology?

that's your assertation. because pavlov?

this is your argument?
>>
>>35171469
Nope. You don't get to edit your past statements with muddled bullshit analogies. You're a fucking idiot with a fucking idiot theory. Stop trying to bullshit us.
>>
>>35169053
Yeah but we killed the fuck out of those mountains.
>>
>>35171482
>that ptsd is the result of cowardly actions by inherent cowards is inline with non-pseudoscience psychology?
My argument is that those who exhibit ptsd/shell-shock in the form of responses that are not appropriate to combat are predisposed to acts of cowardice.
Is that so absurd? Irish are (comparatively) predisposed to reckless self abandon, why would it be absurd for certain people to the predisposed to acts of cowardice?
(Note the comparison of action to action, independent of motivation.)

>because pavlov?
why else would people exhibit the symptoms of ptsd in regards to stimuli that are associated with other stimuli if not because pavlov?

>>35171486
or... or... >>35171455 doesn't understand the literal meaning of words.
>>
>>35171481
No, because Pavlov never devised effective therapies for PTSD. Nor did you. You are a cancerous autistic shit who only cares about details. Everyone else on earth cares about results, which you aren't getting. Pavlov didn't get them either. I don't care about the scientific method. I don't care if it's on the same level as alchemy. It's working, it's creating something positive, and you're trashing it. To break psychology down into hard science would require gaining a nearly complete understanding of the human brain, in order to properly account for the differing variables involved. Considering your unimpressive grasp of all but high school level science I don't think you're going to do that. "Citizen" scientists haven't been important since we figured out basic concepts like electricity and radiation. Pseudo intellectuals like you have no place in science anymore. You can't play with the big boys.
>>
>>35171559
If you want I can turn pennies into silver and then into gold. Don't know how the fuck it works, but I can do it.
Wow, 'knowledge' that is applicable to a single scenario. If only billions and billions of dollars had been spend on science that enjoys exponential growth instead of pseudoscience which doesn't.
Go to china. Their science is more up your alley. (plagiarize, rehash in a non-confirmational way, and/or fudge the data)
They invented the vape you know. Literally some chink poured nicotine into a humidifier. That's the type of science and progress that you like, right?
>>
>>35171623
They invented the vape. You don't do shit. You sit here criticizing methods and talking details while accomplishing nothing. You're another big talking bullshitter. You never will. Your type is only good for motivating real scientists to shut you up. You're just a nitpicking cunt.
>>
>>35171423
>Yes
>I don't need to.

wait a minute

despite the fact your claim doesn't require you to determine if a person is a coward or not, your entire argument is dependent on whether or not someone is a coward or not?

you don't need to prove your argument?

>Wasn't my claim. fuck off.

that was exactly your fucking claim you little nigger

>Those that perform actions of cowardice due to associated stimuli are probably predisposed to acts of cowardice.

that cowards are cowards? no shit nigger. but your claim is actually that cowards, inherent cowards, are the only people who get ptsd? which is falsifiable, despite the fact you don't have to determine if a person is a coward or not? and that you have no way of determining if a person is a coward? but this is science?

what the fuck do you smoke.

>Nope

yes, because your position doesn't actually require you to determine your position, which is what you stated above.

>not my argument, stop strawmanning you niggerfaggot

exactly your argument, you lying little twink cunt bitch mothefucker. because you're performing a statistical analysis, you're going to have to give weighting to certain acts, brave vs yellow, and then trade them off against each other to reach a conclusion as to the overall predisposition of an individual towards cowardice or bravery. you dumb mothefucker, you pig ignorant, stupid motherfucker. what do you think these words actually mean?

>Don't need to. My argument was an assertion/explanation as to why/how. I don't need to be right.

if you're not right, your argument is wrong. people have told you you're wrong, and you doubled down defending your argument as right. it also needs to be right for you to be anything other than a worthless fuck pig at this stage, as you just called a vast number of vets and war heroes cucks, on fucking /k/ of all places. so admit that you're wrong and fuck off.

>Yeah

then fuck off.
>>
>>35171455
>not my argument, stop strawmanning you niggerfaggot

your argument is that only cowards can get ptsd. murphy got ptsd. murphy was a therefore a coward.
>>
>>35171481
an extremely basic experiment on a dog is scientifically valid foundational knowledge for the treatment of complex syndromes in humans.
>>
>>35171546
>My argument is that those who exhibit ptsd/shell-shock in the form of responses that are not appropriate to combat are predisposed to acts of cowardice.

you don't know what ptsd even is.

. >>35171623
you need to seriously fucking give up on these pretentions to knowledge or scientific understanding.
>>
>>35171672
>our entire argument is dependent on whether or not someone is a coward or not?
No, whether they are predisposed to acts of cowardice, or not.

>that was exactly your fucking claim you little nigger
nope.

>what the fuck do you smoke.
The literal meaning of words and not their implied meanings.

>you're going to have to give weighting to certain acts
Yes, but those acts are purely based on the displayed symptoms of ptsd/shell-shock. I don't need to weight them, I only need to properly quantify them. Statical analysis weights them for me.

>people have told you you're wrong
Well shit, I should just shut up because someone asserted that my assertion was wrong. I assert that their assertion is wrong, what now?

>>35171689
Are you the guy I'm replying to above? Stop it.
Stop strawmanning you nigger faggot.
>>
>>35171704
If a dozen kids and a repeatedly disproved study about a punching doll are enough to draw conclusions about humanity for the next 60 years, then why not?
Animals are much better at showing us things about humanity than the last 100 years of psychology have been.
>>
>>35171776
>psychology is pseudo science if the study is only on 5 people
>a study on 1 dog is real science
>>
File: 1489709927668.jpg (8KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1489709927668.jpg
8KB, 184x184px
>>35171761
What would you call someone predisposed to acts of cowardice? A coward. You're trying to bullshit us again.
>>
>>35171757
>you don't know what ptsd even is.
It depends upon what the meaning of the word is is.
If you mean what it actually is, then fuck off no one does.
If you mean what it is generally accepted to mean, then fuck off, I don't care.

>you need to seriously fucking give up on these pretentions to knowledge or scientific understanding.
Can you clarify? I don't understand.

>>35171791
>one dog
>implying it stopped at one dog, or ever dogs
... are you joking?
>>
>>35171802
Would one call a person predisposed to alcoholism an alcoholic?
Not unless they were a niggerfaggot incapable of understanding the meaning of words.
>>
>>35171817
>The difference between those who got shell shock and those who didn't, is that those who got it had a coward's response to stimuli
You said right there that people with PTSD are cowards. You said they had a cowards response. The response of a coward. They are are the one who responded and they are a coward. These are your words. Stop digging this hole deeper, it's getting embarrassing.
>>
>>35168272
>I don't understand classical conditioning: the post
>>
>>35167589
Yeah, you really are an ignorant nigger. I was in a car accident a few years back, that was so bad, 3 of the first responders actually had to be medically retired because it was so bad... and they weren't even IN the accident.
>>
>>35171840
>You said right there that people with PTSD are cowards.
False

>You said they had a cowards response
Yes.

>The response of a coward.
Yes.

Does speaking french make me a frenchman?
No.

>They are are the one who responded
>and they are a coward.
Yes.
No.

>These are your words.
Yes.

>Stop digging this hole deeper, it's getting embarrassing.
LITERAL MEANING OF WORDS
>>
>>35171843
More like
>I don't understand jack shit but I feel really important and know big words: the thread
>>
>>35167636
Firefighter/EMT here, you're wrong.
>>
>>35171843
>>35171859
>I either cant or don't want to refute anon: the posts
>>
>>35171868
Don't want to because you're a fucking window licker. It's mentally draining to engage with retards.
>>
>>35171884
>>I either cant or don't want to refute anon: the post
>>
>>35171868
>>35171894
There is no refutation to be had. You have provided no evidence whatsoever for your claims, and what you have asserted demonstrates your abject lack of knowledge on the subject.
>>
>>35167563
They were already fucked up
>>
>>35171904
>your assertions are wrong
>I refuse to tell you how/why
WEW
>>
>>35171911
That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed likewise.
>>
>>35171914
You must be a real faggot during hypothetical discussions.
>>
>>35171761
>>35171761
>No, whether they are predisposed to acts of cowardice, or not.

you men, whether they're a coward or not.

>nope.

yes.

>The literal meaning of words and not their implied meanings.

you don't know either of these things.

>I don't need to weight them, I only need to properly quantify them. Statical analysis weights them for me.

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING WITH THE STATISTICAL ANALYSIS

WHO THE FUCK IS PERFORMING THE STATISTICAL ANALYSIS. YOU ARE. YOU ARE ASSIGNING WEIGHT TO ACTIONS.

given that murphy had ptsd, what weighting are you going to assign winning a medal of honor as compared to all those other acts of cowardice he must have performed in order to isolate his pre-disposition to cowardice, which obviously must cancel out his brave acts, and caused his ptsd. you fucking idiot.

>Well shit, I should just shut up because someone asserted that my assertion was wrong. I assert that their assertion is wrong, what now?

you have admitted you have no idea what causes ptsd and yet you're asserting other people are wrong in what they are telling you.

>Stop strawmanning you nigger faggot.

but that's what you're arguing, nigger faggot.
>>
>>35171894
>>35171911
The burden of proof is on you. We're dismissing it because you have no basis for your claims. I hereby assert that you are a homosexual who rapes children. Unless you can prove that you aren't, you either do not want to or can not prove me wrong.
>>
>>35171926
If refusing to brook assertions pulled wholesale out of your ass makes me a faggot, then bundle me up and toss me into a fire.
>>
>>35171776
so basically because your feels.
>>
>>35171804
>If you mean what it is generally accepted to mean, then fuck off, I don't care.

so, you're telling everyone you know what causes ptsd, but you don't actually care what ptsd is.
>>
>ITT: Neckbeards who watch anime all day and have only seen gore though liveleak and documenting reality tell others that they are pussies for how their mind reacts to seeing and doings things more horrifying than most ever will
>>
>>35171817
how the fuck do you know if they're pre-disposed to alcoholism if they're not actually an alcoholic. just fuck.
>>
>>35171971
>how the fuck do you know if they're pre-disposed to alcoholism
Are you really that retarded?
>>
>>35171964
It's just the 1 guy.
>>
>>35171855
>False
lying again

>Does speaking french make me a frenchman?

cowardice is a language? you fucking suck at analogies. fuck you're just dumb.
>>
>>35171928
>you mean, whether they're a coward or not.
Are those who are predisposed to alcoholism alcoholics? Nope.
Are those who are predisposed to alcoholism and have an alcohol addition alcoholics? Yes.
Are those who are not predisposed to alcoholism and have an alcohol addition alcoholics? Yes.
LITERAL MEANING OF WORDS

>yes no yes no
Fuck off.

>you don't know either of these things.
Seeing as I continue to exclusively use the literal meanings and call you a niggerfaggot for using implied meaning... I don't think that's true.

>WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING WITH THE STATISTICAL ANALYSIS
Listing values in tables and telling excell to do it for me.

>WHO THE FUCK IS PERFORMING THE STATISTICAL ANALYSIS
Microsoft.

>YOU ARE. YOU ARE ASSIGNING WEIGHT TO ACTIONS.
Why spend months wasting my time when it can be done perfectly in 0-10 minutes? It will even spit my out an r value for each variable.

>you have admitted you have no idea what causes ptsd and yet you're asserting other people are wrong in what they are telling you.
Yes, I assert their assertions are wrong, and they do the same to me.
>>
File: 1469136282694.jpg (112KB, 540x665px) Image search: [Google]
1469136282694.jpg
112KB, 540x665px
>>35171946
Window-licker anon even admitted he was an actual autist.

He literally lacks empathy and the ability to see things from another persons point of view.
>>
>>35171982
there is a pre-disposiiton to alcohol test that i haven't heard of or something?
>>
>>35171999
Simple. Were you this anon's mother during pregnancy? Because she obviously was hitting the sauce with this retarded bun in the oven.
>>
>>35171935
>We're dismissing it because you have no basis for your claims.
But you aren't dismissing others who do the same.

>Unless you can prove that you aren't, you either do not want to or can not prove me wrong.
This is true and valid.

>>35171971
genetics
>>35172014
shitpost
>>
>>35172030
>shitpost
Wow! Good job! I'm so glad you can point out the blatantly obvious!
>>
File: 1497655376320.png (297KB, 774x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497655376320.png
297KB, 774x720px
>>35171991
>Listing values in tables and telling excell to do it for me.
That's like saying you don't need to aim your gun because the sights on top will do it for you.
>>
>>35172030
The basis for the claims you're dismissing is their results. If someone tells me they found a treatment for PTSD and it works I'll believe them. If someone says PTSD is based on cowardice and then proceeds to sperg out with analogies I dismiss it.
>>
File: A feast for gopniks.jpg (78KB, 552x828px) Image search: [Google]
A feast for gopniks.jpg
78KB, 552x828px
>>35169793
Know that feel man, 'cept I got it from mommy dearest instead of my sisters. Well, Got it from them too but it wasn't anywhere near as bad and siblings are naturally cunts to eachother anyhow.

How ya holdin up more recently man? Recently the biggest thing keeping me from ending it is my refusal to be a gun statistic, And everytime I tie a noose I end up just using it to get off.
>>
>>35171984
>lying again
ho ho, excellent meme. Please provide proof instead of continuing to claim that in spite of it never happening.

>you fucking suck at analogies.
I am often told this.

>cowardice is a language?
Nope. (that's what makes it an analogy/comparison)

>>35172047
Excell literally weights the values for you.
>>
>>35171991
>Are those who are predisposed to alcoholism alcoholics?

so how do you know if they're pre-disposed to alcoholism if they're not alcoholics? kind like being a little pregnant.

what's more, you suck at analogies, and alcoholism and 'cowardice' are not the same thing.

>Seeing as I continue to exclusively use the literal meanings

you use your own definitions as they suit you. what you're confusing as implied definitions is actually your own argument being carried to conclusion, which you are intellectually incapable of doing yourself.

>Listing values in tables and telling excell to do it for me.

you mean doing exactly what you denied you would be doing.

>Why spend months wasting my time when it can be done perfectly in 0-10 minutes

what value, ie weighting, are you assigning to a medal of honor on your cowardice table? there is no excel function that assigns statistical weighting to medals of honor as an act of bravery vs cowardice. as far as i am aware.

or are you trading off events one for one?
>audie murphy ducked when an arty shell came in wide instead of facing down the enemy
>this kills the medal
>>
>>35172056
>If someone says PTSD is based on cowardice
Tell me when someone comes along and does that.
>>
>>35172014
burn

harsh but fair
>>
>>35170136
Could also be related to surviving attacks where you were injured

I know my own stress from vehicle accidents where I've been hurt exists, extrapolating that onto a violent combat situation would amplify it so much.
>>
>>35172066
Holy shit you're a master of deflection, aren't you?
>>
>>35172030
>genetics

but people with those genes also do not become alcoholics, and people without also become alcoholics, so you're basically back to square one. because you don't know if someone will become an alcoholic...until they become an alcoholic.

but cowardice and alcoholism are the same thing, of course.
>>
>>35172061
Honestly not holding up great. It's not the worst I've been though. I quit my job a couple months ago and I've basically been a complete NEET. Running out of money now so I guess I'll have to find a new job, but hey, life goes on man.
>>
>>35172075
>so how do you know if they're pre-disposed to alcoholism if they're not alcoholics?
They're genetically predisposed. Cultural disposition can also be legitimate.

>and alcoholism and 'cowardice' are not the same thing.
Disposition to X means that you X and therefore are Y.
That is the claim anon made. My intent was to show he was a faggot because a disposition to X does not mean that a person will X. And a lack of a disposition to X does not mean a person will/wont X.
Basically anon was a faggot who doesn't understand the literal meaning of words.

>you mean doing exactly what you denied you would be doing.
Listing values in tables requires quantifying, not weighting. If one weights values on their own, they're basically cherrypicking data. The goal is to avoid the plagues of modern psychology.

>what value, ie weighting, are you assigning to a medal of honor on your cowardice table?
Well... It would have to be binary. Weighting and quantifying are different. It also wouldn't be present in the data I would use because it would be irrelevant.

>there is no excel function that assigns statistical weighting to medals of honor as an act of bravery vs cowardice
It's called a coefficient...

>or are you trading off events one for one?
>audie murphy ducked when an arty shell came in wide instead of facing down the enemy
>this kills the medal
My argument is entirely based on the responses to stimuli. Only the stimuli and response matter.
A medal of honor is not a stimuli or symptom.
The example of the event with the arty shell would have a value for intensity, proximity, perceived threat/danger, if injury to others was percieved, time between other potential stimuli in both directions, time between previous and next battle, etc.
>>
>>35172066
>ho ho, excellent meme. Please provide proof instead of continuing to claim that in spite of it never happening.

you flat out said that only cowards get ptsd.

>Nope. (that's what makes it an analogy/comparison)
no, that's what makes it a bad analogy/comparison. in fact a completely worthless one.

>Excell literally weights the values for you.

excel recognizes medals of honor?
>>
>>35172077
>Tell me when someone comes along and does that.

you've done this repeatedly.

>>35172122
nah, he's just not stopping. doesn't mean he's good at it.
>>
>>35172061
Just wanted to say thanks too. Not often people ask me how I'm doing.
>>
>>35172138
Well hope the job hunt ends up in your favor, What kinda work ya do?
>>
>>35172136
>so you're basically back to square one
except there is a predisposition, which means there is a statistical difference with reasonable correlation.
>because you don't know if someone will become an alcoholic...until they become an alcoholic.
yes. But alcoholism is hard to objectively determine without withdrawal symptoms. Which is why a metric I would use would be alcohol consumption.
>>
>>35172163
>Please provide proof instead of continuing to claim that in spite of it never happening.

>excel recognizes medals of honor?
see: >>35172155

>>35172171
Anon, you're confusing an anon's strawman with my actual argument.
>>
>>35172173
Nothing specific yet. I worked at a fast food place for a few years. It stressed me out but at least it made me feel useful. I got an offer to work assembly in a factory for decent pay, not really ideal, but hey money's money and I'll take it if I can't find anything more tempting.
>>
>>35172184
You literally said ptsd is cause by cowardice. Which goes against pretty much all the research on ptsd. Then again, you probably never leave your basement to interact with people so your opinion is worthless.
>>
>>35172210
>>Please provide proof instead of continuing to claim that in spite of it never happening.
>>
File: 1493594078481.jpg (63KB, 500x751px) Image search: [Google]
1493594078481.jpg
63KB, 500x751px
>>35172172
Man, What few online friends I have are a huge help with my shit so I know how important a simple "how ya doin" can be for people in your shoes. Unburdening on people in person is fucking impossible because even if you could cough up the words to describe what's going on in your head without having to press backspace a million times you'd still be unable to get your real thoughts across because having people you know and interract with every day know what's wrong with you is scary as fuck. Unlike people hundreds of miles away behind a computer screen people in your everyday life can seriously fuck things up for you if they know what you're dealing with. All it takes is one asshole to say "that guy ain't right" and next thing you know everyone thinks you're gonna shoot your boss.
>>
>>35172214
Here, you retard:
>>35167839 >>35168272
>>
>>35172155
>Listing values in tables requires quantifying

and...how are you assigning those values...?

>it would be irrelevant.

a medal of honor is irrelevant to determining cowardice. ok.

>It's called a coefficient...

a coefficient of what

>My argument is entirely based on the responses to stimuli. Only the stimuli and response matter.
>A medal of honor is not a stimuli or symptom.

the act that got it was a response to stimuli. presumably one that is cancelled out by all his cowardly acts because he got ptsd.

i don't actually think you miss the point. i think you're actually mendacious. dishonest.

>The example of the event with the arty shell would have a value for intensity, proximity, perceived threat/danger, if injury to others was percieved, time between other potential stimuli in both directions, time between previous and next battle, etc.

you mean, you would assign a weighting.

you little cunt.
>>
>>35172236
LITERAL
MEANING
OF
WORDS
>>
>>35172175
>yes. But alcoholism is hard to objectively determine without withdrawal symptoms. Which is why a metric I would use would be alcohol consumption.

so...you can't determine if someone is an alcoholic....until someone becomes an alcoholic

fucks sake kid you contradicted yourself in one fucking post.
>>
>>35172245
>LITERAL
>MEANING
>OF
>WORDS

MENDACIOUS
MOTHERFUCKER

WHAT DO YOU CALL SOMEONE WHO REPEATEDLY ACTS WITH A COWARDS RESPONSE TO STIMULI

YOU CALL THEM A COWARD

THAT IS THE
LITERAL
MEANING
OF THE
WORD
>>
>>35172245
Yes? You literally said ptsd is acting like a coward in response to stimuli, and that ptsd is cowardice being reinforced by stimuli. That's the literal meaning of your words.

Maybe you should learn english before spouting off like you have more of a knowledge of psychology than what your gp told you when explaining your fetal alcohol syndome symptoms.
>>
>>35172200
Factory work doesn't sound too insanely bad, I'm a cart nigger at whoremart and this shit's wrecking my health, Besides my already weak joints being ground into chewed up gristle I gave myself a few heat strokes last summer due to not being able to pace myself while having anxiety attacks. Like seriously one guy underperforms and I lose my shit and try to kill myself to make up for it even though literally every boss tells me to fucking chill out because it's "just carts", Ended up putting myself in an emergency room now I'm worried about the long term effect repeatedly frying my brain might have.

You should take it man, A job you hate is still a job and it's a good way to distract you from how fucking horrible everything is because you're too busy hating your job to even think about the rest of the shit. I would wish for you to get a job ya actually like but honestly, That's just way too unrealistic of a thing to wish for
>>
>>35172229
Thanks again man, I've been isolating myself a lot recently. Having someone reach out to me really means a lot. I never really understood why I couldn't reach out to my friends in real life, but you just explained it well. It's nice to have someone actually empathize with what you're going through. I usually feel like its just me by myself being crazy.
>>
>>35172244
>how are you assigning those values...?
For things like twitches, probably frequency, intensity, duration, etc. minimum intensity of stimuli for response, etc would be measured and/or attempted to be determined via statistical analysis with regards to intensity of response relative to those who never experienced combat.
The goal for proper statistical analysis would be to properly quantify a seemingly subjective spectrum.

'combat appropriate' symptoms/responses like heart rate, oxygenation, etc would also be measured.

>a medal of honor is irrelevant to determining cowardice
Yes. Does being happy prohibit a person from being sad? No. Only simultaneously do they prohibit each other.
Does being calm prohibit a person from being excited? No. Only simultaneously do they prohibit each other.
Does an act of courage prohibit an act of cowardice? No. Only simultaneously do they prohibit each other.

>a coefficient of what
The variable that is associated with that type of data value in the expression that excell spits out.

>the act that got it was a response to stimuli. presumably one that is cancelled out by all his cowardly acts because he got ptsd.
Sweet strawman.

>you would assign a weighting.
No I mean that I would quantify values. Are you familiar with the concept of scaling? Well, weighting is like scaling for a single variable.
I wouldn't be doing that becuase that would be cherrypicking data like a faggot. The data determines conclusions, not me. I'm not a faggot/psychologist.
>>
>>35172285
>YOU CALL THEM A COWARD
yes or no, does using a fire exitnguisher make me a firefighter?
According to your logic, the answer is yes.
According to the non-absolute meaning of fire fighter, the answer is no.
You are a faggot.
>>
>>35172379
Except that by any way you read what you wrote by anyone with even passing fluency in the English language, you're saying people with ptsd are cowards.

This is why we need to bring back eugenics.
>>
>>35172412
That's why I keep allcaps'ing literal meaning of words.
>>
>>35172363
>For things like twitches

you're weighting them yeah yeah, exactly what you said you wouldn't do you're a fucking idiot. you missed the point again and contradicted yourself again.

>>a medal of honor is irrelevant to determining cowardice
>Yes.

what is your definition of cowardice again?

>The variable that is associated with that type of data value in the expression that excell spits out.

that's not a function. i thought you studied engineering.

>No I mean that I would quantify values.

you don't know what either quantifying or weighting values means. you didn't even know what a function is. i don't think you are studying anything at all. i think you're a larping neet.

>Sweet strawman.

you don't know what that means either.

you're lying about yourself, aren't you.
>>
>>35172427
That's not how language works you fucktard.

Which you would know if you shaved your neckbeard, dropped 300 lbs and actually interacted with people in the real world.

You've obviously have never served in the military, never experienced any sort of traumatic event yourself, never studied how the mind works, and never worked with anyone with a mental illness outside of maybe your fellow autists. You know jack shit outside your narrow viewpoint.
>>
File: I AINT NO FORTUNATE BUN.png (385KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
I AINT NO FORTUNATE BUN.png
385KB, 1600x1200px
>>35172328
Back at ya. I know some people going through stuff that's probably just as bad as this but I can't relate to their problems because they're so alien to me due to my upbringing so I can't help them and they can't help me. Like, I spent my entire childhood afraid of connecting to people because I thought if mommy dearest knew I cared about other humans then she could use that as another way to hurt me so when someone asks me how to deal with their relationship problems or similar shit I just want to REEEEEEE at them for thinking I could possibly be of any use to them in that situation, Like. I can't relate to that AT ALL because I don't know what it feels like to lose someone you're close to since I don't know what it feels like to be REALLY close to anyone in the first place.

Sorry about the barely related ramblings, What I'm getting at is it's nice to interact with someone whose in a similar boat to yours, Well, Nice isn't a good word since there's nothing nice about knowing that someone else has to go through this shit but you know what I mean. We probably look like a couple faggots talking about our feels in between all this shitposting and salt.
>>
>>35172379
i thought you were using the literal definition of words, not their implied definition.
>>
>>35172427
i don't think you know what 'literal meaning of words' actually is
>>
>>35172462
>you're weighting them yeah yeah
Let's establish a variable, how many apples you ate in the last week.
Lets say the answer is 6. The value has been quantified, not weighted.
I put a 6 into excell. I have not weighted the value or variable.

>you missed the point again and contradicted yourself again.
Do you not know what weighting is?

>what is your definition of cowardice again?
Completely irrelevant to my argument.

>that's not a function.
You're right, it's under data analysis.

>shitpost
Rightyo...

>shitpost
What do you call it when someone uses an argument you didn't make to try to refute an argument that you did?
>>
>>35172517
>definition of cowardice
>completely irrelevant to a discussion about you saying people with ptsd are cowards
>>
>>35172527
There are two posibilities.
That that is my argument, and I am responding to people who keep saying that and just ignoring it.
Or... People keep using that faggots strawman as my argument.

Seeing as I have been wholly consistent this thread, I'd go with the second one.
>>
>>35172541
Except the second one is factually wrong. You claimed at the beginning of the thread that ptsd is reinforced cowardice and by extension that people with ptsd are cowards (which is also factually incorrect when describing the actual symptoms of ptsd and the course of the illness.)

For someone as autistic as you are, you sure hate facts.
>>
>>35172517

what you described here

>>35172244
>The example of the event with the arty shell would have a value for intensity, proximity, perceived threat/danger, if injury to others was percieved, time between other potential stimuli in both directions, time between previous and next battle, etc.

is weighting. all you've done is list auxiliary variables without realizing it.

>Completely irrelevant to my argument.

how can you define what a cowardly response is, if you don't have a working definition of cowardice. you can't. it's not irrelevant, it's central.

explain how the definition of cowardice is not relevant when your position relies on cowardly responses. how can you define what a cowardly response is, if you have no definition of cowardice.

>You're right, it's under data analysis.
this makes no sense. you don't know what a coefficient is either, do you.

>shitpost

stop dismissing everything you can't reply to as a shitpost.

>What do you call it when someone uses an argument you didn't make to try to refute an argument that you did?

as pointed out repeatedly, you made these arguments, repeatedly. your response has then been to deflect, and actually straight out lie.
>>
>>35172576
>You claimed at the beginning of the thread that ptsd is reinforced cowardice
I did. And it was poorly worded. The meaing behind it is that their ptsd symptoms were due to acts of cowardice being reinforced.
Give me a break, you expect a casual post that devolved into this shitshow to be perfect?

>by extension that people with ptsd are cowards
At worst I implied it. Othere people keep saying I said that, but they can never point to where I did that.

>For someone as autistic as you are, you sure hate facts.
For someone who is dealing with an autist, you sure hate semantics/properly classifying arguments.
>>
>>35172470
Man, I feel you on not being able to relate to people with relationship problems. I never have any close relationships myself. The second people get close I back off. I don't want to but I can't help it.
The ramblings fine with me, it's not often people like us have someone to talk to about this stuff. Anyway though, I gotta get to bed. If you haven't, look into CPTSD. It's what I've got and it explained a lot of shit for me when I found out. Thanks again man, hope everything goes good for you.
>>
>>35172623
Acts of cowardice = coward. That's how it works.

Plus the actual symptoms of ptsd don't usually show up until months after the initial trauma, which you would know if you actually any knowledge on the topic.
>>
>>35172623
>The meaing behind it is that their ptsd symptoms were due to acts of cowardice being reinforced.

how can it be when you don't have a definition of cowardice?

>At worst I implied it.

there can be no other conclusion. according to your definition, you can't get ptsd without it

>For someone who is dealing with an autist, you sure hate semantics/properly classifying arguments.

no it's actually that you're bad at all of these things.
>>
>>35172620
>how can you define what a cowardly response is
It's a response that does not aid in dealing with the combat situation. Cower, twitching, jumping, shaking, etc.

>it's central.
At best tangential.

>this makes no sense.
Go into excell, at the top, you'll find a section called data analysis. It's the section that has data analysis tools.

>stop dismissing everything you can't reply to as a shitpost.
I'm just doing it to overly long overly-shitposty things that boil down to "REEEEEE" or "nu-uh" or "science bad psychology good".

>you made these arguments
I don't think I did. At least not literally.
>>
File: 1451493062692.png (269KB, 960x694px)
1451493062692.png
269KB, 960x694px
Real quality shitposting in response to a reasonable assertion.
I'm proud of you guys, you really stuck it out. Time well wasted.
Goodnight.
>>
File: 1464205446924.jpg (365KB, 676x485px) Image search: [Google]
1464205446924.jpg
365KB, 676x485px
>>35172729
>>
File: 2008 quality jojo.png (362KB, 659x1068px) Image search: [Google]
2008 quality jojo.png
362KB, 659x1068px
>>35172757
>>
>>35172676
>It's a response that does not aid in dealing with the combat situation. Cower, twitching, jumping, shaking, etc.

that means you have a definition of cowardice you fucking idiot. something which you denied you needed. so you've just contradicted yourself.

and why do you think those don't aid in dealing with a combat situation. another question, how the fuck would you know?

>At best tangential.

so in an entire process that is based on quantifying and analysing acts of cowardice, you don't need to define cowardice. even though you have actually defined cowardice.

>Go into excell, at the top, you'll find a section called data analysis. It's the section that has data analysis tools.

you don't know what a coefficient is do you

>I'm just doing it to overly long overly-shitposty things that boil down to "REEEEEE" or "nu-uh" or "science bad psychology good".

no you're not. your argument is being torn apart and you're in denial. you're making excuses as to why you are continuing to recite the same bullshit despite the fact it's been discredited.

>I don't think I did. At least not literally.

you literally did. you don't even have the courage of your convictions.
>>
>>35172768
>your argument is being torn apart
>you're faggot, this guy got the medal of honor
Really getting me good f@m...
>>
>>35172729
there was nothing reasonable in your assertion

there is nothing reasonable in calling everyone with ptsd cucks

you're a worthless fucking failure of a manlet and you should be ashamed of what you are you little bitch.
>>
>>35167563
Enemy soldiers cia 2001-2010 don't have a life to get back to.
>>
>>35172777
exactly, you're ignoring everything else that is being posted, and trying to reduce all criticism to insults, which are included because you richly deserve them.
>>
>>35167563
They have been fighting war for their whole lives, much like Africans, they're used to it. Unlike Africans, they're not very good at it.
>>
>>35172783
>you're a manlet
I'm only an eight of an inch from 6 foot. You don't have to rub it in...

>there was nothing reasonable in your assertion
Sure there is.

>there is nothing reasonable in calling everyone with ptsd cucks
I said ptsd was cuck code for learned associations, stop speed reading.
>>
>>35167839
that's nice but what the fuck is your response to a shell hitting your trench with no warning?
>>
>>35172807
>Sure there is.

claiming it is a cucks response it not even remotely reasonable.

>I said ptsd was cuck code for learned associations, stop speed reading.

so if people use the term ptsd, then they're cucks, because they're using cuck code, including the people who actually have it?
>>
>>35172807
But anon, you don't have to be a manlet to have a manlet's response, remember?
>>
>>35172825
he would unflinchingly not flinch as he gazed steely eyed across no-man's land, then charge and win the medal of honor, which actually doesn't mean he was brave at all.
>>
>>35172854
lol
>>
>>35172854
I suppose he could shoot some rounds at the enemy trench though it would likely be futile.
>>
>>35172869
Walking away from the explosion without looking back, while moving in slow motion might be brave enough for him.
>>
ITT: ad hominem and shitposting
/thread
>>
>>35167636
Almost drowned under boat after it capsized... life vest trapped me.

Trust me that shit fucked me for a good year or two.
Still have the occasional night terror about drowning in a boat.
>>
>>35169053
No, but the guy that had the latrine explode ontop of him due to a mortar shell is going to have issues.

And it's almost never a single even. It's the constant low level plinking that steadily drives people mad.
>>
>>35167996
They were tough little bastards, cant deny that
>>
>>35168171
Well how many of them came to our doctors for help retard??
>>
So now that the shitposters from last night are gone, does someone want to try to explain how ptsd/shell-shock isn't just pavlovian training?
>>
>>35175101
>>I'll ask you to a prove a negative for me instead of defending my assertion.
Wew lad. 3/10 for getting me to respond.
Sage.
>>
>>35168132
Fuckin' this. People think *hurr durr only from combat* for so long that they don't recognize that really fucked up shit like robberies and rapes can "rewire" their brains.
>>
>>35175820
>fucked up shit like robberies and rapes can "rewire" their brains.
What are you, some sort of faggot that grew up without internet? Unless you are a normie that won't effect you at all.
>>
>>35175820
Child abuse, childhood molestation, even watching your parnets fight or abuse each other as a child can cause PTSD. And this is shit that you can never get over, beacuse you have no frame of reference for what it's like to NOT have PTSD. Your brain never learned what it means to be "normal".

t. Childhood trauma survivor who struggles with PTSD er'yday.
>>
Rip shitpost thread
>>
>>35167589
Autism is what fucking retards who deny existence of things like PTSD have.
>>
>>35175932
Anon, are you ok? Do you smell something burning or does one of your sides feel numb?
>>
>>35168275
>Dugout Doug got the Medal of Honor for retreating from Flipland.

No, he was awarded the MoH for preparing and defending the Philipines from the Nips with little to nothing to work with, while disregarding personal danger and even prosecuting the war above what could be expected of a force in as dire a straits as the USFIP were. MacArthur sisn;t "retreat from Flipland" you colossal ass, he was ORDERED OUT, above his strenuous objections by the fucking president. Not CINCPAC, not the JCS, not even the secretary of the Army. THE GODDAMNED PRESDENT. And he tried to talk his way out of it, said he would rather die with his men or be captured with them than retreat.
>>
>>35175876
you spelt pussy wrong
>>
Only fucking /k/ could actually be baited hard enough to fall into in argument on whether PTSD exists.
>>
>>35176724
>implying it even exists
>>
>>35176740

>>
>>35176752
Guy's look, I did it.

Also, did k's bump limit get extended past 300 or something?
>>
PTS, PTSD, and contributing factors like TBI and multiple light concussion-induced TBI are too complex to fit into one thread, but anyone seriously curious wouldn't ask 4chan.

There's ample history of what we now call traumatic stress but OP won't be interested in reading it.

Go be a dindu on /pol/
>>
>>35176098
Kid, you don't know from pussy. I experienced things before I was 12 that would have killed most people. Did kill more than one person I persnally know. You can take your shitposting back to /pol/ where it belongs.

/THREAD
>>
>>35176893
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>35176833
the ironic thing is that people who don't think they'll get PTSD are the ones who do get PTSD, but leave it untreated for years while they struggle with admitting it
>father who gets flashbacks from vietnam and has dreams of combat
>took him years to really deal with the issue
>grew up around a distant, scary father and never realized the psychological impact that had on me until recently

the other thing that messes with peoples' minds is the general immaturity of soldiers and absurdity of the battlefront that makes coping with the profundity of death incredibly difficult. there isn't time for putting anything into context.

but i handled confidential VA medical files at a job for six months before reading about the shit started to seriously depress me. you don't want to read about a green beret from vietnam who, in the 60s, airlifted a wounded soldier out of enemy territory who had been skinned alive, has night terrors about it whose wife finally gets him to go to the VA after decades, or an iraq veteran with TBI who can't sleep without nightmares, whose personality completely changed, and whose wife handwrites the note to the VA about how her husband completely changed, these families who are now financially desperate with a mentally-damaged breadwinner who paces around the house at 4 AM on "night patrol" because it's soothing and has violent outbursts that he can't remember that put him in jail, further worsening his financial situation and aggravating his mental health, while the psychologist is noting patient's disheveled appearance, fluctuating moods during psychological interview, uncontrollable weeping, etc..
>>
>>35167898

Afghanistan, a Russian soldiers story is good for this as well.
>>
>>35172323
I agree with this anon factory work is good stuff. You get real cynical about things fast, but meet good people and the day goes by fast once you're use to it. At least, that's my experience.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.