[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So here's my situation /k/. Just got some land about 6 miles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 2

File: s-l300.jpg (21KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
21KB, 300x225px
So here's my situation /k/.
Just got some land about 6 miles from the biggest Mexican sanctuary in California.
The previous owner lived there, so there wasn't issue with thievery or any kind of unsafe environment of such.
My family doesn't plan on living there, so now it's going to be a massive risk every time I or my family goes there. I can't really secure the property due to the situation, it's right off a county road.

I'm guessing my best option now is to get a weapon to keep in my vehicle, but the thought of confronting someone and having to defend myself is terrible. Like, what if it goes bad for me...

What would you all do in this situation?
What gun/s should I get and store in my truck to deal with this?
>>
>>35166677
All I got out of that was
>truck gun
Fuck off
>>
>>35166701
It would be inconvenient to just bring a gun with me every time, as I don't always leave to there from home. And CCW is a bit difficult to get in CA. So what do you suggest?
>>
>>35166677
>What would you all do in this situation?
Sell the land to the highest bidder and use the money to move somewhere that respects freedom.
>>
>>35166677
>so now it's going to be a massive fucking risk every time I or my family goes there
Why?
>>
>>35166738
You would have this problem even worse in other states.
To be honest, I'm glad a beaner can't just go walk down to the pawn shop and get a gun here.
And I'm damn fucking glad they require proper identification to purchase one too. Way too many illegals with nothing to lose here.
>>
>not being friends with Mexican neighbors
>ywn share beers their family brought from Mexico
>ywn attend a baptism party bbq
>ywn have free construction material given to you
>ywn watch a happy multi-generational family care for each other and keep their property clean but humble
>ywn see them build crazy shit that's both highly functional yet full of code violations
>ywn have the assurance that your neighbors won't call the cops on you for your own crazy shit
I like my Mexican neighbors the best. Any of the hoodlum drug party house shit goes down where the white and blacks dump their trash people too; in my neighborhood we only have Family Values type Mexicans.
>>
>>35166748
Beaners,nogs, and other wild animals looking for gibs.
>>35166759
Lucky you. hope OP has those types of neighbors too.
>>
>>35166677
You're scared to be within 6 miles of a bunch of Mexican people? Your best defense is an "hola" and a friendly wave. Maybe you'll get invited to a barbecue or something.
>>
>in CA
found your problem OP. but seriously though,

>no history of burglars
>6 miles from spicville

doesn't sound terribly high risk apart from actually being located in CA, I understand not being able to leave from whatever commitments you have though. truck/ car guns are a meme, frankly, but a CC isn't.
a good lock system isn't a bad investment. you could keep the property from "standing out," or looking appealing. if you're out of the urban / suburban zone, gangs aren't likely to bug you.

not like it's south Africa and ghouls are looking to murder you for the land.
>>
>>35166773
>>35166759
I have no neighbors near this property, it's in the hills. The problem is people going there to steal stuff, as it is a county road right to it.
>>
>>35166735
He's just a memer, truck guns are fine. You should absolutely have a rifle in your truck if you're worried about a confrontation. You keep a pistol with you because you expect no confrontation, but one may arise.

Yes, it'll suck if you have to shoot someone, but it's better than dying yourself, and it's on them.
>>
>>35166751
You're fucking retarded. Get the fuck off /k/.
>>
>>35166759
>we only have Family Values type Mexicans.

Don't worry, it will change soon. I said the same thing. Nice neighbors. Kept things clean. Then a few young mex's moved in. They sit in the yard in their cars with the doors open and THUMP THUMP music playing. You can hear it up and down the street.

Shaved heads, and they make eye contact and stare at erryone they see. Even when you check your mail, they grimace and stare at you.

Car and truck doors slam at all hours of the day and night. Only one male works that I know of. At a poultry plant. He drives a 2013 Mustang GT. Another male drives a newer Mercedes coupe, another drives a Lincoln Navigator and the last male drives a Cadillac STS.

Plus there are other males who come for a few days or a few months, then leave and come back in a few months.
No cars in the garage and the door is never raised up.

Yeah, no. You are either naive as hell or a liar.
>>
>>35166792
What kind of data access does it have? Put up a security system, lock up valuable stuff, push your camera recordings to the cloud. Have alarms go off if someone breaks in. Make friends with the Mexicans and build a mutual defense alliance.
>>
>>35166792
If you're not gonna be there all the time and there's no neighbors and you can't put up a physical barrier then the best bet is to not leave valuables there and take out homeowner's insurance. That or landmines.
>>
>>35166839
Put your trip back on so I can filter you, Phil
>>
>>35166792
Security cams, good lighting, barbed wire, and multiple dogs are gonna be your best bet then. Also, think about how important this land is to you before you spend thousands securing your property.
>>35166839
Nope. That is absolutely possible in some CA regions. Especially the ones with high White/Asian Populations.
>>
>>35166849
Only connection would be satellite.

I should explain it is in the hills. There are no Mexicans living near by. The closest permanent resident is 2 miles away.
A close neighbor had some stuff stolen a couple years ago, and ones closer to town have had numerous issues.
It is very common to have foot traffic and bicyclists on the road out that far, mostly hikers though.
I'm not saying it is a daily threat, but information talks. Bad people get ear of a unguarded house in the hills, and go take a truck out and break in.
>>
>>35166904
So you will have to stick to low-tech security
unless you want to pay extra for your live to the cloud cams. However, having cams with some sort of lighting system may be able to catch them in the act and perhaps deter some of them. This should be augmented with dogs or some other pain causing/attention grabbing measure.
>>
>>35166751
>You would have this problem even worse in other states.
>worse than California
lmao no you delusional Califaggot. The rest of the country, excluding some upper midwest and New England areas isn't a communist shithole that actively protects Jamal and Jose's right to buy a 50 dollar black market High Point and rob you.
>>
>>35166946
I'm not worried about someone breaking in while I'm gone.
I'm worried about driving up and catching someone in the act or trespassing
Which is why I probably need a gun or two for it.
>>
>>35166839
There are some young Mexicans around the block who work on cars. We talk about car shit. No grimace, we all just smile and wave. Have you considered being friendly towards them? I find a friendly neighborly smile goes a long way towards being on good terms with neighbors, even across cultural and language barriers- no one likes to shit where they eat.

My street is getting pretty gentrified but it once was a bad part of town. The scariest part about my neighborhood is the heroin-and-hookers motel a few blocks down the road. There are a lot of streetwalkers, so when I'm walking around cars will stop and try to pick me up; had three in a row do it in broad daylight a while ago. They've even tried to pick up one of my neighbors and she's a fat old redneck woman in sweatpants. These are mostly creepy older white guys and Arabs; when you tell them to fuck off, some of them start to argue as if you're suddenly going to decide to be a prostitute. A couple of times I've had this argument end with the johns getting out of their car and walking towards me aggressively, but "Please stop approaching me and go away, sir" combined with putting my hand on my concealed made them 360 and moonwalk away.

Also if it came to a thump-off, my subwoofers would blow theirs out of the water, but everyone keeps their shit at a reasonable volume to avoid luring junkie thieves.
>>
>>35166988
So... get a concealed handgun like everyone else? Toss a cheap shotgun in your vehicle if you're headed out to the property.
>>
>>35167019
>have you considered being friendly towards them?
Dude clearly considers all Mexican people to be criminals so I'm gonna guess no he probably hasn't. Mexicans are cool if you're cool with them, his neighbors can probably tell he hates them and are fucking with him on purpose.
>>
>>35166839
Look dude, I am a family values hispanic Texan. FUCK YOU. Let me tell you about my white trash neighbors that moved from the backwaters of Alabama.
They constantly swear loudly when they are outside.
The youngest son sells weed.
The mother chased one of her sons down the street with a bat.
They always play music way too loud after dark.
They talk about their sexual conquests loudly outside, then my daughter asks me "why do they talk about pounding pussy? Cats are friendly daddy" she is four.
I live in a nice neighborhood too. The average home sells for $225,000

Degenerate trash can be found in every race or nationality. It's just higher percentage with certaint races and yes I fucking hate spics that wave beaner flags....
>>
>>35167043
>Mexicans are cool if you're cool with them

Don't get too cuddly with them. Most of them will be heading south very soon.
>>
>>35167035
>California
>>
>>35166889
You don't get it do you? A few Hispanics in work class WHITE neighborhood isn't a big deal. Then a few more come, then a few more after that, then suddenly you start to notice 20 are living in one house at any given time (only maybe 3 are a constant, the rest rotate in and out). Then comes the cars in the front lawn, the bandannas, and the shitty Quinceanera parties in the middle of the street that end in 20 cops to break up the brawl shooting. Don't be fucking naive. You're either some retard in your early 20's or never seen your safe street become a third world war zone within 25 years.
>>
>>35167065
I thought you just had cucked mag capacities or something, are you saying there is no concealed carry in Cali?

https://www.usacarry.com/california_concealed_carry_permit_information.html
>Police Chiefs and County Sheriffs to issue a license
wew lad, time to start licking some boots. Seems like you could also leave a shotty in the trunk, then when you get onto your private property stop and load it and keep it with you in the front since you're on private property. Not sure on that last part, check with your local shit I guess. Not impossible to have a gun with you but still wow fuck California.
>>
>>35167067
Calm the fuck down grandpa, lmao we get it, you reeeeaaally hate Mexican people. Here's something to chew on: maybe if a dude who doesn't speak fucking English can take your job, you're a moron with a shit job
>>
>>35167113
You are the problem.
>>
>>35166988
Oh. Some security still would be good to deter them. After all, they only go after easy targets. Dogs and cams make a property more difficult to get in without being detected or hurt.
>>35167035
Can't do that in CA without the sheriff or police giving you the OK. Perhaps buying tasers could work for OP's problem.
>>35167067
I had to deal with one of those groups before.
Nightly parties, constantly blocking the road with their cars and beer cans, and obnoxious children. The kid got arrested for murder and the family soon got evicted by the bank. Now a nice white family lives there now.
>>35167101
>Fuck California
That's how I feel sometimes. Only the good weather and burgers makes me feel better.
>>
>>35167067
So your neighborhood reverse-gentrified and became a shitty part of town? If your property values go to shit and you become the poor part of town, it is inevitable that white rednecks, black dindus, cholo gangbangers, or even the wannathug-azns will move in because that's where they can afford. Shit flows downstream.
>>
>>35167133
>If your property values go to shit and you become the poor part of town
Except they didn't go down until after Central Mexico set up shop. Don't pretend property values are like the tide. What happens is someone gets a foot hold, then someone else, then some elderly person dies and their kids don't give a fuck and rent the house out to Manual and his family of 4(+15) then bam.
>>35167113
I'm not even that old. Keep dreaming bro, I hope it's a Jimenez firing a 9mm to the back of your brain pan that wakes you up from it lmao. Just like yoooouuuu though, right?
>>
Still though what guns should I get?
Just a shotgun?
I'm guessing a 12ga, it will probably be used. Should I go with semi-auto or pump?
I was also thinking about a long rifle maybe, for distance, so I don't have to go up to the house
>>
>>35167282
Pump Action. Cheap and simple. Also, smooth bore slugs can go up to 75 yards accurately. No need to bother with the commiefornia 10 rd fixed mag BS for a rifle.
>>
>>35166677
>>35166677
God I want to move back to California. Its where I was born and raised. Its my home.I left for college. Got into competitive shooting. Won some accolades. Collected some rare guns. And now I can never go back without losing my identity. Fucking politicians.
>>
>>35167371
I don't know, I mean, I don't shoot too much, but I'm much more comfortable shooting 75yds with my opensight 10/22 then even shooting a shotgun 7yds.
I'd prefer something "scarry" to be honest, something that when a thief sees it in my hands, they just run. I was halfway considering an ar-15, memes aside. Even a Cal compliant one would get the message across
>>
>>35167509
Shoot what makes you feel good. An AR-15 with 10 rounds may scare them off. Not sure if a 10/22 would disturb them enough to cause em to run though.
>>
>>35166677
Dude it's not like there are roving bands of illegal immigrant zombies fucking spreading cross the countryside
I support gun rights but jesus if this is what conservatives in cali are like then no wonder the states fucking communist
>>
>>35167731
Did you read >>35166988
He said that there were problems in the area and that he would like to prepare for when someone decides to rob his property. Nothing racist about thinking about your safety.
>>
>>35167731
Oops. >>35167791
Was supposed to have >>35166904 in it.
>>
File: mexicans are a civilized people.jpg (55KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
mexicans are a civilized people.jpg
55KB, 640x480px
>>35167113
You mistake this for an issue of economics when it is one of culture- specifically that theirs is one of violence and grift. Latinos are less than 400 years removed from regularly engaging in human sacrifice as a core tennant of their religons. Let that sink in. Their culture and values haven't matured to the levels requisite to enagage in society as we know it as post-enlightenment westerners.
>>
>>35166677
>like wha if it goes bad for me

You die

Protip we all die
>>
>>35169112
Cool Mexicans sound badass and I want to be their friend. Yo necesito un Cerveza por esta idiota
>>
>>35166677
>>35166777
trip 7's wins, op is still gay
>>
>>35166677
>previous owner, no thievery nor unsafe
>family won't be there, now it's going to be a massive risk
Fucking retard logic.
>>
>>35166677
What nationality are you, or what is your ethnic background, please?
>>
>>35169148
That is something I'd like to avoid when confronting an armed trespasser.
So I'd like to have an advantage.

I don't believe land mines are legal. A pipe bomb would be great, but I am not sure on that either. Maybe tannerite potted plants in the garden, but that would be very hard to fight in court and I'm not sure on shelf life or storage laws..

>>35171867
Most thiefs are not going to break into a house or steel stuff from around it when there are people there 24/7.
>>
>>35171899
>thiefs
I doubt you have much to steal you fucking dirtbag.
>>
>>35171949
Not the point.
If I drive up with my wife and daughter, I don't want to be killed by Jamal and Carlos trying to fit a generator in a honda
>>
>>35171992
What's your ethnic background?
Why did you buy this property in such a "scary" place you fucking faggot?
>>
>>35172111
White, it's really it dangerous, but it only takes one time. And the chances of it happening once in say 5 years is pretty reasonable.
My parents actually bought it but I go up there alot as they have property close by but a lot more secluded and livestock and shit I feed all the time.
>>
>>35172156
I notice you're being evasive about answering my question about you nationality/ethnic background. At any rate, so now it's your parents that bought the property in this "scary" "no-go zone" within "no 'whatman's' land." Also you have livestock and shit. So you are a fucking dirtbag. And a pussy, who talks about "Jamal and Carlos" on an Internet forum full of autistc racist cunts, who are paralyzed with fear when they are confronted with them in real life. While the likelihood of you getting robbed/raped/murdered is small, you want to carry a firearm for just that one moment that _might_ happen. Just like you carry a condom for that one moment that you _might_ fucking a human female and not the chicken on your daddy's farm.
>>
>>35172217
I said white, nigger.
And of course you would want me to think it would never happen and I don't need a gun. Mr. Used Generator salesman in need of stock.
>>
>>35167608
This guy is right OP. You need to be comfortable with your firearm. That said give >>35167371
some decent thought.

Shotguns do have an intimidation factor and you're not gaining much in the way of reload by going AR in CA. Your main concern is being outranged by a rifle, but if they're that far away you need to GTFO. If you're dealing with a large group up close, lot to be said for a shotgun.
>>
>>35166794
This, also what county do you live in? I know most Central and Northern California Sheriffs don't give two shits about enforcing CA retarded gun laws. Do what you need to do to stay safe Anon, Mexicans and illegal beaners are some real pieces of shit, especially the that will loiter around someone elses property.

Trust me, I'm an expert on beaners, I'm one myself, if you got half a brain you get sick of being around them all the time
>>
>>35167048
Commiefornia beaners, illegals and anchor babies are a different breed from you Tejanos, I'm a citizen (born here in the US) and I can't stand CA beaners either, they get worse the more South you go.
>>
>>35174247
Let's just say it's a county that would be very upset if a white man gunned down a taco with an ar-15
I mean, it could be any race, but the town is 95% Hispanic, sooo.
>>
>>141455939
>>
>>35174268
Yup. Stay away from those places if you have a decent car.
>>35174739
That sucks. You might end up shooting the "Promising Football QB with all A's" or the "Generous family man who the whole community loved"
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.