[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a martialarts weapon that you prefer, or that you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

Is there a martialarts weapon that you prefer, or that you could use in combat?
>>
Yea

The gun
>>
>>35163544
Gunkata.
The gun
>>
HEMA fag here
Short hammer/shield is very fun

Spear is guud

Zweihander (What is that really called) is fun
>>
>>35163544
deagle-tana
>>
>>35163605
I think it means biedenhänder
>>
>>35163544
A five foot long heavy wood pole (with some metal or rubber feet on either end so you can hike with it and not damage the ends) is pretty useful. Personally I prefer the gun.
>>
File: Schiavona.jpg (138KB, 800x491px) Image search: [Google]
Schiavona.jpg
138KB, 800x491px
>>35163544
I did some foil fencing back in middle and high school, ostensibly I could apply that to something like a smallsword although if given a choice of anything I'd probably lean towards pic related. I've been handling machetes since I was like 10 so I'm decent at cutting. I'm sure cutting people is different from cutting branches (specifically I'd imagine my follow-through is different because I don't need to get my blade back up to defend myself) but I know all about aligning an edge from odd angles.
>>
>>35163544
I'd love a quarterstaff, although I have almost no idea how to use one properly
>>
>>35163605
>>
Karambit
>>
Quarterstaff and short swords based on my experience. It's pretty hard to beat a good spear. Staves can be really versatile. Not nearly as fast as a cudgel but you can't switch your grip and turn it into a big swinging stick with Chinese style. Sabers are also extremely easy to use.
I've always wanted to try using a gauntlet or one of those claws. Since we're talking about MA, rifle with bayonet would be one of my last choices. The more modern rifles get the worse they are as makeshift short spears. A bayonet on an M4 has to suck.
>>
>>35163605
>Zweihander (What is that really called) is fun

In a HEMA context? Depends on which manuscript you're working with. Spadone, montante, two handed sword...

>>35163718
>I'm sure cutting people is different from cutting branches
Pull slightly on the blade as it hits to get a bit of a slice in there. And definitely the bit about defending yourself, the trick isn't to hit hard enough, the trick is to not get hit.
>>
>>35163612
That was a Beretta, not a Deagle.
>>
File: pointy stick.jpg (95KB, 736x490px) Image search: [Google]
pointy stick.jpg
95KB, 736x490px
>>35163544
>all these steel swords and guns
>not using the best weapon of all time

you low class peasants aren't even trying
>>
>>35167991
I'm not hunting a vampire, why would I want a stake?
>>
>>35167991
LANCEFAGS GET OUT REEEEEE
>>
File: A15-BKYK0413.jpg (76KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
A15-BKYK0413.jpg
76KB, 1000x1000px
Honestly....

I bought one and have used it extensively to smash stuff around the house and backyard.

And it's held off perfectly actually. Super surprised at how Battle Ready it is for only $20 but I mean... It makes sense in a way... It's just a piece of wood with spikes in it, don't see how it can possibly fail easily like a badly constructed sword can
>>
>>35168286

Ohhh and to further add... This thing is a god damn wrecking ball. No axe, hammer, or bat has come close to the destructive power of this beast.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.